Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just wanted to point out that the "legplate armor over the thighs" is nowhere near a new thing and have been in the game since Cataclysm, IIRC. Look at the Firelands set:

Those don't cover the thighs, they are the thighs. Stuff like that leg shape, the basic boot/glove shapes, and the goofy looking wrestler belts from Wrath are all built into the character models and are just toggled on/off depending on how they design the items that use those appearances. In contrast, this extra stuff essentially floats on top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the M+ sets are pretty okey I think. The plate boots though.. jeeses. Hope they are placeholders.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, you're not allowed a subjective opinion. Unless that subjective opinion is that Blizzard is bad. Then it's okay.

edit: /s
    There is no subjectivity when it comes to effort/time investment. Someone might prefer a Fiat Panda to a Ferrari 488, but nobody is disputing that a Ferrari 488 takes a lot more time, effort, resource to create. And sure Blizzard is "bad" a lot of their leadership are rapists and they openly value milking the customers above the overall quality of their games, we don't need much of a discussion to arrive at "Blizzard bad".

That store set has more effort put into it than probably any prior set in the history of the game, whether or not you personally like it is irrelevant and you're just defending Blizzard to even bring up "subjective".
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There is no subjectivity when it comes to effort/time investment. Someone might prefer a Fiat Panda to a Ferrari 488, but nobody is disputing that a Ferrari 488 takes a lot more time, effort, resource to create. And sure Blizzard is "bad" a lot of their leadership are rapists and they openly value milking the customers above the overall quality of their games, we don't need much of a discussion to arrive at "Blizzard bad".

That store set has more effort put into it than probably any prior set in the history of the game, whether or not you personally like it is irrelevant and you're just defending Blizzard to even bring up "subjective".
    source: dude trust me

I'm not even defending Blizzard lol

I mean, does it? Most of it is flat 2d textures. The only fancy part is the circling particle effect which isn't much more work than, say, the fire spheres Mages had on top of them during Legion when wielding the Fire artifact. In terms of robes alone I think the Antorus Warlock set and the Ny'alotha cloth sets probably took as much work, or close enough that the difference is quite minimal and not worth worrying about.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The tier sets in the store have crap bonuses though.

There is no subjectivity when it comes to effort/time investment.
    While this is technically correct, it doesn't mean anything for your argument, because ultimately, the only thing that's available for you to base your assessment of the amount of time and effort invested into the set is your own personal feelings about the set, which are subjective. You didn't help make the set (effort), nor were you there to see it as it was made (time). You can't argue objectivity for either. And I don't think you really have to. No one cares about the objectively quantifiable value of time and effort. These arguments about store cosmetics are rooted in how they look, because that's really all that matters.

That store set has more effort put into it than probably any prior set in the history of the game
    Oh shut up. As much as you might wish it does, omitting the 'I think' from the start of your statement doesn't preclude it being a subjective claim. Feel free to think what you want, though. I personally don't think there's anything that standoutish about the set that would make me think that Blizzard really went the extra mile for it. It looks really nice, and it has some 3D bits, a subtle, pretty glow, and some neat particle effects. That's it, really. Looks like a raid set that could've come out of a recent expansion.

whether or not you personally like it is irrelevant and you're just defending Blizzard to even bring up "subjective".
    It's really not that serious... Having a subjective opinion on something that you can only realistically have a subjective opinion about doesn't make you a Blizzard shill.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-11-26 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Feels weird that we now translate the value of 12 armor sets to that of one, an optional armor set, that has no function, use, need, anything at all, then the value of its cost. Things that go on the store are common things that have not been approved for current, or previous content. I'm happy to have access to 24-36 sets of armor (All class, and recolors for now) instead of just having people fawning over a store armor that doesn't even look that good to me. Of course, it has some quality but so does a lot of the other armor sets within the pile of hundreds. Among thousands of sets of armor, have we seen what, two sets of armor from the store? There technically are three, but the third demands you to put in effort in the game to obtain, so it isn't like the game is being shadowed by the production of the design/art team's downtime.
    So your ok with quality subpar with pretty much any tier set put in the game... Hell even some of the dungeon sets from vanilla are better than that.

Bring back tier sets and that's what they come up with... All I can say is I hope they do a helluva good job on 10.0 at this point.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I don't think it is as gaga as people made it out to be.

The boots look like a unfinished graphic that they just left as some color on the slider that kind of fit.
    The shoulders are comparable to other shoulders with effects.
    The robe looks like most robes from the last few Xpacs style wise.
    The helm does change your eye color but other helms do that and other things.
    The cloak is just a cloak in terms of how it sits on your back, nothing new. It is unique because the Swirly graphic is attached to it.
    The graphic on the ground is like a WA so I don't lose track of myself amidst clutter.

IMO.... 4/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Friends that know any thing about 3D modelling? Ya I don’t believe you have any because you’ve done nothing but blatantly lie in this thread about the 3D parts of the of the tier and the shop sets and any one with even a passing knowledge would have told you that your statements were bunk.

Hell you didn’t even bring up these “friends” until after the actual models were linked proving the YouTuber you sited twice wrong and after you said the shop set has “stuff unlike any thing in game” and “we haven’t gotten any new models since legion” followed by you saying you don’t know how blizzard makes models so no one could actually tell.

You’ve done nothing but jump from one lie to another.
    Lie? As I said, all of that stuff is on previous armor. You linking a few pictures of modified meshes from previous armor sets and calling me the liar. Adorable.

Also again, don't care if you believe I know 3D animators or not. I'm a game-aholic and work on machinima production and back end in my free time. I know several artists who do vtuber creation and rigging in addition to VFX and animators. Pretty universally, on twitter, in discord channels, etc. all call the tier sets lazy and ugly reskins. If you play MMOs and you don't know a single artist you must be actively avoiding them, because they're everywhere. Like what kind of garbage useless tripe are these posts, claiming someone is lying about having some friends? lmao
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Lie? As I said, all of that stuff is on previous armor. You linking a few pictures of modified meshes from previous armor sets and calling me the liar. Adorable.

Also again, don't care if you believe I know 3D animators or not. I'm a game-aholic and work on machinima production and back end in my free time. I know several artists who do vtuber creation and rigging in addition to VFX and animators. Pretty universally, on twitter, in discord channels, etc. all call the tier sets lazy and ugly reskins. If you play MMOs and you don't know a single artist you must be actively avoiding them, because they're everywhere. Like what kind of garbage useless tripe are these posts, claiming someone is lying about having some friends? lmao
    You're just Blatantly lying through your teeth and haven't even tried to hide it. The meshes are available any one with eye's can compare them to other set's and see that there not old pieces modified you making up that you have Friends who know any thing about mesh's or modeling doesn't help your case it just makes your lies even more blatant as literally any one with any experience would tell you that these piece's aren't from previous armor or that "They added some new models in Cata, and a few in Legion but that's about it." is obvious bull shit.

again you should just say all gear is just the checkered box modified and thus took no work because that would be just as credible as all your other lies in this thread.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're just Blatantly lying through your teeth and haven't even tried to hide it. The meshes are available any one with eye's can compare them to other set's and see that there not old pieces modified you making up that you have Friends who know any thing about mesh's or modeling doesn't help your case it just makes your lies even more blatant as literally any one with any experience would tell you that these piece's aren't from previous armor or that "They added some new models in Cata, and a few in Legion but that's about it." is obvious bull shit.

again you should just say all gear is just the checkered box modified and thus took no work because that would be just as credible as all your other lies in this thread.
    And you're lying because you know jack shit about how the meshes were made. I even said we have no idea which way it was, but you keep insisting you're right. Unless you want to tell us you know a Blizzard dev? Several of those models just straight up look like assets on existing armor. And it's an incredibly common conception among those who are vocal about this.

Even you can't deny that the response to these sets being revealed along side a flashy store outfit had very poor reception.

Bro just stop.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    DH set is awful, but druid and hunter are hella cool. Dunno, its just thematically unappealing for you perharps and came out with bad timing in hard times in wow. (I dont really think they made it out of blue in one day, i believe they have a roadmap of releasing things, atleast thats how i see that)
    While sometimes I dont understand blizzard decisions sometimes I really want them to make great patches, finally learn from mistakes and polish their products before releasing them
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    And you're lying because you know jack shit about how the meshes were made. I even said we have no idea which way it was, but you keep insisting you're right. Unless you want to tell us you know a Blizzard dev? Several of those models just straight up look like assets on existing armor. And it's an incredibly common conception among those who are vocal about this.

Even you can't deny that the response to these sets being revealed along side a flashy store outfit had very poor reception.

Bro just stop.
    We know how blizzard make it’s art from a ton of different art panels there are literally hours of video you can find of those processes, that mixed with the fact that many of the new pieces have Parts with no possible jumping off points like the fur on some of the sets let’s us know that these aren’t old pieces with slight changes or that they haven’t added any new meshes since legion or that only the shop set has had new pieces or any of the other lies you’ve spouted in the thread.

Again you might as well be saying all the sets are just the checkered cube because that would be about as truthful.

As to the reception of the sets I couldn’t care less the only thing that matters to me is that the shop set objectively has less 3D work put into it then most of the tier sets.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    We know how blizzard make it’s art from a ton of different art panels there are literally hours of video you can find of those processes, that mixed with the fact that many of the new pieces have Parts with no possible jumping off points like the fur on some of the sets let’s us know that these aren’t old pieces with slight changes or that they haven’t added any new meshes since legion or that only the shop set has had new pieces or any of the other lies you’ve spouted in the thread.

Again you might as well be saying all the sets are just the checkered cube because that would be about as truthful.

As to the reception of the sets I couldn’t care less the only thing that matters to me is that the shop set objectively has less 3D work put into it then most of the tier sets.
    Can't trust anything the great pawn of Chaos says! =P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Can't trust anything the great pawn of Chaos says! =P
    Funny coming from a follower of the lying corpse emperor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny coming from a follower of the lying corpse emperor.
    You speak to me of lies first pawn and failed Warmaster?!

"These believers are little more than groups of worried people drawing solace from the pages of a fanatic's scribblings. That book proves my earlier point, when I spoke of malleable loyalty. Lorgar Aurelian was so very faithful when he wrote it. And look at him now." — Malcador the Sigillite

15+ Year Old Account
    Lazy designs aside (LOL FUR DETAIL), seems Blizzard has acknowledged that the warlock set looked a little too "racist" and are reworking it.