Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Seeing this from someone with the name "Lemon Party Fan", just struck me as funny.

But you're clearly not ignoring it, because it's colored your view on when people are actually nice and thinking they're really secretly being mean or passive aggressive...

Why is your first response to someone having low dps to remove them, instead of offering to help them? That's pretty telling about you, imo... But to answer your question: you can't say "hey, your dps numbers are too low. Gtfo scrub until you git gud"... but you CAN say something like "Hey, you seem to be having trouble doing your rotation properly with this encounter. I've been watching your attacks and noticed that you're not doing them right. We'd like to get someone else in who would stand a better chance at doing both properly, so I'm sorry but we're gonna remove you from the group."

I'm not sure why you think most people in XIV are "secretly" being nice... I think you and other WoW players saying something similar have been dealing with the mudbog that is the average WoW playerbase for so long, that it's literally colored your opinion on everything you see. Sure there are assholes in that game (there are assholes in EVERY game, it's impossible to avoid them) but I've been playing XIV since the 3rd phase of the beta back in 2013 and have only let my sub run out for one month in that timeframe... and I've *never* encountered another player that I thought was secretly being nice to me. But I left that "god everybody around me just sucks why are they dragging me downnnnnn" mentality behind in the end of Pandaria when I bailed on that game.

Passive aggressive? Sure, but you run into those people everywhere. It's not unique to XIV or even MMO's in general.
    Yeah, its a silly name, so what? You understand that you are insulting me in the same breathe that you are trying to imply that I am totally wrong about the Final Fantasy Community right? Like your very first sentence is clearly an insult and a passive aggressive response. Like you get that right?

False, your second response is just gaslighting.

Your third response - please read what I wrote instead of putting words in my mouth, follow the line of communication. I was responding to someone else. I was not stating that the very first thing you should do is remove someone. Again, in that very post you are being passive aggressive and insulting me. What you just said here directly contradicts what the original poster said, which is why I was asking for clarification. THAT poster said you cannot remove someone for low DPS, which is essentially what you did/said, but in a more polite way, so one of you is wrong.

Why do I think people are fake nice? I mean, you prove my point in this post dude. You have directly, and indirectly insulted me, put words in my mouth, called me a liar, consistently been passive aggressive... all while waving the "FF has a great community!" flag.

All I can extrapolate from this experience is that you are rude. But you say that all your experiences in FF are great and the community is great... so you are rude to me out of game and "nice" in the game. I don't know, I would be much more inclined to believe you guys if the people defending FF weren't being toxic in this very thread, but I mean, here we are, your first communication with me was an insult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I don't believe you, sorry. I do not think that is all you said. I think you're absolutely editorializing the situation to make yourself look like the victim.
    Yeah, if everyone is a liar except those that have only nice things to say ....

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I'd be willing the wager the specific way you phrased it is what got you into trouble. Profanity when complaining is pretty well frowned upon (yeah, there's a profanity filter in the game but if you're swearing up a storm you can still be reported for it. Probably the one actual complaint I have about the TOS...) Though if you didn't use profanity, then there's somethin else going on. Maybe one of the other players was friends with the dude?

Did you finish the dungeon in under 15 minutes? If not, you easily could've kicked them when you got to the final boss and waited the 2 minutes for the loot to automatically roll. If you DID manage to finish the dungeon in under 15 minutes...then you clearly didn't need their help because that's a hella fast clearing time for any sync'd dungeon.

You should've brought up the afk person in a manner like "Hey, that person looks like they've been afk this whole time. Can we stop for a couple minutes and boot them so they're not being rewarded for mooching off of us?" to the other people in the party. (Though if one of them was friends with that dude, then not even that could've helped you in the vote kick...)
    We did the dungeons with 3 people because they are easy anyway. We did not bother with kicking him.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like when you're lying about one thing, I assume you're lying about the other thing. But at this point it's just going in circle so I'm done with you. Enjoy Warcraft, I'm glad your behavior is not allowed in 14.
    You are the defined and pristine exemple of what is wrong with FF community.

I love this tactic of somebody clearly not interested in a neutral discussion comes in with a hostile or aggressive take and then people respond to your own tone appropriately and they go, 'SEE YOU'RE ALSO BEING AN ASSHOLE, POINT PROVEN."

Everyone can see what you're doing.
    I mean, what do you think you are doing exactly, literally anyone that has a modicum of disagreement with you is a liar. I haven't called anyone an asshole or anything like that as far I know. I have asked a few questions and pointed out how your attitude is ironically poor while you try to defend FF as having a picture perfect community.

I mean the last person you responded to, didn't say anything aggressive or out of line and you called him a liar with no proof at all.

That was my first reply to Cthulhu 2020 I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Fake nice, is still better than actively toxic. Do you deny this?

Nothing wrong with ToS being enforced. It's a good ToS.
    There are more than two choices. That question here is a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    oh please.. wake up. ff14 was a FAILURE of a Game. There is a Reason it has been redone. and its current success is all due to WoW Players leaving in masses looking for something new.

It now forced Blizzard to make WoW better again. Win win for everyone
    this is heavily misinformed. ffxiv 1.0 was 11 years ago. The completely remade FFXIV ARR made when Yoshi P took over (after fixing 1.0 but saying it was best to just burn it all down), has been a success that has just kept growing and improving over time.

We already saw it growing for years before the exodus. The exodus is a result of its success and quality, not the other way around. Your arguement makes no sense because there wouldnt have been an exodus if it didnt already have great content in it and a solid positive community.

Salty Wow community at it's finest. Why can't (some of) you appreciate that the game got a reward? After all what's better for a product (game in this particular situation) then a healthy competition?

its hilarious that upon seeing visible signs of FFXIV's continued success, they jump out of the wood work and turn an awards thread into a hate thread. Either twisting facts up with half truths, making fallacy filled replies, and having to exaggerate negatives that are rare or stomped down in FFXIV (or hilariously claim that the methods FFXIV has used to keep toxicity reduced for a decade is bad).

Been playing for 2-3 years now and have run into that many toxic situations during those years, none of which were as severe as the multiple weekly situations i ran into when i played wow for 10 years from Vanilla to Legion.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-11-26 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    its hilarious that every fool seeing visible signs of FFXIV's continued success has to jump out of the wood work and turn an awards thread into a hate thread and either twist facts up, make fallacy filled replies, and has to exaggerate negatives that are rare or stomped down in FFXIV (or hilariously claim that the methods FFXIV has used to keep toxicity reduced for a decade is bad)
    It is much more complicated than that. Some people were saying that FF comunity was all rose and sunshine so others people said it was not true. FF comunity has a dark side and the white-knight were conveniently forgetting that.

FFXIV has been a bit of an eye-opener for me.

I only started it for a lark, and ARR is heavy going. It's old, the quests are shit, the story is very dry and info-dumpy. The voice acting is bad, or at least badly directed. The classes are half finished, and there's a general feeling of amateurishness compared to WoW's combat which is at least immediate.

But once you hit Heavensward, the story becomes a lot tighter, nearly all the voice cast are replaced.

Everything is gated behind the story. You can't just jump right to the last bit. Even if you did, nothing much would make sense. The game doesn't start at the cap. All old content appears to be preserved, including quest chains for what were high end weapons at the time.

Even items/emotes that would be from one-time special events are still available from the real money shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troontown View Post
    Might want to take your own advice cultist.

This game was, and is niche. Why are you even arguing? You can literally not disprove this. You can literally see the massive rise and decline that coincides with a certain streamer starting and quitting the game. The game is just not good. Of all the bandwagoners, only the suicidally depressed one is still playing it.

The game couldnt even reach a million subs before this.

Also the FF14 community is utterly pathetic in every regard, both in and out of the game.
    ingame they're twofaced snakes in the grass, who are nice only because they're FORCED to be nice by the draconian CCP-like ToS, so they stoop to passive agressive snide bitch remarks, or creative griefing.
    Out of game, they make LoL players look politically correct, venting all the shit they wanted but couldnt say ingame.

but hey, i know there is no point in arguing with the zealot playerbase, who will even die on the hill that FF14 isnt a wow clone, despite the fucking lead dev blatantly admitting it is.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-26 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    There are more than two choices. That question here is a fallacy.
    But there isn't. The developers are clear on their vision of community, and clearly it's working (See: Thread title). If you want me to say that the community is a perfect shining star - It's not. But it shines a hell of a lot more brightly than other communities.

Ultimately the rules boil down to "don't be an asshole, and you'll be fine." - I'm surprised that so many people rail against this. Is having the ability to be a toxic jerk in games that important to people?

its hilarious that upon seeing visible signs of FFXIV's continued success, they jump out of the wood work and turn an awards thread into a hate thread. Either twisting facts up with half truths, making fallacy filled replies, and having to exaggerate negatives that are rare or stomped down in FFXIV (or hilariously claim that the methods FFXIV has used to keep toxicity reduced for a decade is bad).

Been playing for 2-3 years now and have run into that many toxic situations during those years, none of which were as severe as the multiple weekly situations i ran into when i played wow for 10 years from Vanilla to Legion.
    Spot on, eh @Lemonpartyfan ?
    Here is something to believe in!

its hilarious that upon seeing visible signs of FFXIV's continued success, they jump out of the wood work and turn an awards thread into a hate thread.
    Yeah regardless of whatever else is being discussed, this is really funny.

It took until literally....*checks notes*...a single post after the OP to try and take away the achievement of the game lol.

Saw the arguing about FFXIV having recent WoW experiences to thank for their growth
    That's dumb, but so is saying there is no truth to that.

FFXIV was already growing steadily, due to the fact that its a good game but also because its main competitor had 6.2 when heavensward came out, and BFA when shadowbringers came out, and now Shadowblands with Endwalker coming out.

With wow in one of the worst states ever, yeah tons of streamers and players coming over gave FF a bigger surge than any expansion.
    But that would never happen if FF wasn't already a great game.

Anyway congrats to the FF team and community.

Also lol at "not even a million subs" Wow only hit sub counts as high as it did because of mass media recognition and the different gaming mentality back then. Also isn't the census pretty indicative the game has well over 1 million subs?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    --- snip ---
    Lol you win, couldn’t stop laughing ������
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-26 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Saw the arguing about FFXIV having recent WoW experiences to thank for their growth
    That's dumb, but so is saying there is no truth to that.

FFXIV was already growing steadily, due to the fact that its a good game but also because its main competitor had 6.2 when heavensward came out, and BFA when shadowbringers came out, and now Shadowblands with Endwalker coming out.

With wow in one of the worst states ever, yeah tons of streamers and players coming over gave FF a bigger surge than any expansion.
    But that would never happen if FF wasn't already a great game.

Anyway congrats to the FF team and community.

Also lol at "not even a million subs" Wow only hit sub counts as high as it did because of mass media recognition and the different gaming mentality back then. Also isn't the census pretty indicative the game has well over 1 million subs?
    Indeed, disaffected WoW players definitely improved the status of the game's community. I don't think you'll find a single FF14 player saying otherwise.

The thing that always gets me, though, is that certain WoW players don't even want to acknowledge that Shadowbringers was absolutely critically acclaimed before Shadowlands even came out, let alone before people realized it wasn't very good. And certainly before 9.1 happened and people started leaving en masse. As you said, there had to be a successful game to go to for people to be intrigued in trying out in the first place.

Shadowbringers was out for over a year before Shadowlands came out. During that year, it had already garnered all the awards and community praise that it still enjoys to this day. Things like "Best narrative" awards or the story writer getting a standing ovation at a convention she added. Even patch 5.3 of Shadowbringers, another high award winning point of the game, came out before Shadowlands.

It's like the game can't even get credit for being good on its own, certain WoW fans NEED the only reason it's succeeding is because WoW is failing. Which...is an interesting route to take as someone doing what they're doing seemingly out of being upset over WoW's current downturn.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-11-26 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    WoW will never win that award lol. Or any Blizzard game for that matter, Blizzard caters to toxic behaviour through toxic competitive gameplay. They would need to change up their game philosophy drastically. But I suppose considering when women and minorities are getting harassed, I don't expect it to improve any time soon.
    Remember back when there was that guy at Square Enix that got harresed and then Square Enix choose to fire the victim instead of the harreser and no one cared, becouse i remember it.

Sadly if something like the stuff that happened at Activision Blizzard happened in Japan its a really low chance it would come out, with how big deal it is to get fired over there vs in USA and the diffrence in culture.
    Last edited by Raven; 2021-11-26 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troontown View Post
    Might want to take your own advice cultist.

This game was, and is niche. Why are you even arguing? You can literally not disprove this. You can literally see the massive rise and decline that coincides with a certain streamer starting and quitting the game. The game is just not good. Of all the bandwagoners, only the suicidally depressed one is still playing it.

The game couldnt even reach a million subs before this.

Also the FF14 community is utterly pathetic in every regard, both in and out of the game.
    ingame they're twofaced snakes in the grass, who are nice only because they're FORCED to be nice by the draconian CCP-like ToS, so they stoop to passive agressive snide bitch remarks, or creative griefing.
    Out of game, they make LoL players look politically correct, venting all the shit they wanted but couldnt say ingame.

but hey, i know there is no point in arguing with the zealot playerbase, who will even die on the hill that FF14 isnt a wow clone, despite the fucking lead dev blatantly admitting it is.
    You right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptGlHl3BJYU

Awards well earned, while I wouldn't say I've never had a bad experience in FF, the good outweigh them by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Remember back when there was that guy at Square Enix that got harresed and then Square Enix choose to fire the victim instead of the harreser and no one cared, becouse i remember it.

Sadly if something like the stuff that happened at Activision Blizzard happened in Japan its a really low chance it would come out, with how big deal it is to get fired over there vs in USA and the diffrence in culture.
    I'm genuinely curious about that. I don't suppose you have a source? Not in the sense of because I don't believe you, but because it'd be useful next time I see people painting Square Enix as flawless.

I love this tactic of somebody clearly not interested in a neutral discussion comes in with a hostile or aggressive take and then people respond to your own tone appropriately and they go, 'SEE YOU'RE ALSO BEING AN ASSHOLE, POINT PROVEN."

Everyone can see what you're doing.
    Holy shit, thanks for calling it out.

That aside, people sure seem to be upset over this. I personally think most awards nowadays are worthless circlejerk nonsense, but putting that aside, I'm not even going to pretend for a moment that FFXIV doesn't have a vastly better community than the other games on that list and WoW. The very notion is just laughable.

And yeah, you might find their rules strict, and I wouldn't exactly disagree, but it does leave no room to stir up drama within the game itself, which preserves the feeling of, you know, being a game. Also, DPS meters suck, thank you and goodbye.

Haven’t invested too much time into FF14. From the very short time I’ve played I haven’t seen anything good or bad about the community.
    That stated, I’ve heard that there are very strict rules in place for treating people well, and you can get suspended or banned for being rude to people. That alone is going to force a community to e nice to each other. Keep in mind, I’m not trying to say that kind of policy is good or bad, just stating that it exists from what I’ve been told.
    That aside, good on the game for having a friendly community overall. It is a definitely a nice change from other games where you are berated for saying hello after joining comms.