Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats easily the least farfetched thing on it. Destiny tripled their revenue going to seasons and activision said warzones battlepasses were so profitable they were going to push it on everything else. Going from milking the player 60 bucks every two years to like 250 in the same time is not something i would be shocked to see them jump on.

I mean shit this week bobby is in the news for covering up rape and threatening to murder someone and brand simps snapped up a new store transmog in seconds regardless. Dangle a macrotransaction in front of a wow player and theres enough whales to guarantee it will sell. A battlepass with dances and mounts would just milk them more regularly and they wouldn't just pay up they would defend paying it too.

I know it, you know it.
    So what? The people that made the items didn't commit any crimes. They're just trying to do their jobs. It's not their fault the leadership is toxic. And so what if people bought it? Is it any of your business what people spend their money on?

No, it is not.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats easily the least farfetched thing on it. Destiny tripled their revenue going to seasons and activision said warzones battlepasses were so profitable they were going to push it on everything else. Going from milking the player 60 bucks every two years to like 250 in the same time is not something i would be shocked to see them jump on.

I mean shit this week bobby is in the news for covering up rape and threatening to murder someone and brand simps snapped up a new store transmog in seconds regardless. Dangle a macrotransaction in front of a wow player and theres enough whales to guarantee it will sell. A battlepass with dances and mounts would just milk them more regularly and they wouldn't just pay up they would defend paying it too.

I know it, you know it.
    If what you're saying is true, WoW is as good as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what? The people that made the items didn't commit any crimes. They're just trying to do their jobs. It's not their fault the leadership is toxic. And so what if people bought it? Is it any of your business what people spend their money on?

No, it is not.
    This entire community is slowly devolving into Mr. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    Said with all the self-awareness of a dog licking its own asshole in the middle of the street.
    Sick burn. What's next, I'm rubber and you are glue?

10+ Year Old Account
    borrowed powers aren't a fucking problem and if the developers are that stupid then yea they need to be replaced. The game needs to offer MORE outside of fucking raids but can't also bloat itself every expansion. Borrowed powers were great in Legion, they went all in on it. They need to go all in on them again not this middle ground bullshit.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    borrowed powers aren't a fucking problem and if the developers are that stupid then yea they need to be replaced. The game needs to offer MORE outside of fucking raids but can't also bloat itself every expansion. Borrowed powers were great in Legion, they went all in on it. They need to go all in on them again not this middle ground bullshit.
    Borrowed powers have existed since Vanilla. What you really want to say is that you just want Blizzard to rerelease Legion. This won't happen short term but if you wait long enough Legion Classic will be available in a decade or so.

Good read...very entertaining fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread...blizzard-leaks

I don't know man, get your opinions. Wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

>WoW currently has around 960k active subscribers in the west. Since August the games numbers have been in freefall and never recovered.
    >The higher ups assumed there were a lot more "heavy users" or "lifers" locked in for the duration than there appears to be, though the scandals could have something to do with it.
    >This "final chapter of this book in the warcraft saga" was news to the team before the 9.2 video dropped. Its assumed its trying to riff on the media for FFXIV's upcoming expansion but the sentiment around the office is its bad optics and seems insincere and delivers a narrative that we are imitating rather than interating
    >Danuser is insufferable. When he isn't gaslighting anyone that questions his divine god given narrative about certain characters he has an unhealthy obsession with -take a guess which- he is not really talking with the rest of the team. We make assetts and raids and quests but don't really know what for. You don't know why the Arbiter broke? why he is trying to retcon Warcraft 3 into the jailors forces fighting the jailors forces? yeah guess what? NEITHER DO WE. WE STILL DON'T. We didn't even know what Zereth Mortis was till 2 months ago. We are as in the dark as you are.
    >He is even blanking other writers. The reason the Sylvanas book is delayed is because he didn't talk to Christie Golden for months after she pointed out he was trying to bruteforce a Sylvanas redemption that wasn't earned like a petulant child and as "punishment" she was kept out the loop WHILE WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT SYLVANAS SET DURING 9.2!
    >Meanwhile as long as he makes raids Ion doesn't care. He just sits there most of the day stress eating and barking commands but as long as it funnels players to his next raid thats about all the rest of the work is good for. He is generally oblivious to anything outside his bubble. Or doesn't care.

>The majority of the games flaws as a product stem from these two men who both only care about their own slice of the pie so to speak and the rest may as well not exist and mismanagement is team wide.
    >Cross faction grouping is on the table because they would rather do that than take the bad press hit and merge servers at the risk of losing transfer fees. Like that would be the worst news for the company this year.
    >The game is monumentally tilted to horde in terms of userbase now and its almost entirely due to racial but for some reason the balance team refuses to buff any alliance racials or nerf horde ones.
    >The Cyphers are a retention mechanic designed to keep players subscribed. It will take 12 weeks to unlock all base ciphers and the currency cap per week will then double this for the next stage of unlocks. Intended on paper to be a 6 month weekly content update.
    >Most of us understand the complaints about borrowed systems. We do not like them either but we aren’t in charge and the ones that do seem to think we are working on a mobile project and not the rpg most of us signed up to be a part of. We feel like we are trying to trick the player into some habit forming loop like some mobile gambling app and it feels dirty to say the least.
    >I work on the live team and not 10.0 but I can tell you the Infinite Dragonflight are involved along with a shift in the way we release product. WoW is not going to release expansions after 10.0 but instead focus on “evergreen” seasonal content. The game we keep being told to compare our work to is not something like FFXIV as you might assume but Bungies Destiny.

>From 10.0 onwards after the events of End of Eternity the entire game will be reworked including Chrome Time which has internally been seen as a bit of a failed experiment in its current state. Players will have an experience closer to Diablo 3’s adventure mode. You will create your character and have a series of “campaigns” to play through solo or with friends but also a seasonal track comparable to a battle pass using a system like renown. The idea being no matter what content you do be it some random quests in the Eastern Plaguelands or Island Expeditions in Kul Tiras you will always be advancing your seasonal track.
    >The first season will involve the infinite dragon flight as a lore friendly way to explain this and the reworks to chromie time. You will assist the time walkers who reveal themselves to have been Attendants created by the First Ones to mend fractures in the timeline but as with the Attendants of Korthia they are a separate and visually different group to the ones we know in Oribos.
    >Right now there is one baseline track that acts almost like post level cap experience and another that requires a currency but is not a paid track.
    >Time Fractures will allow characters to be shifted around and there is a visions style activity called “Paradox Moments” which are essentially a blend of visions, scenarios and the theming of the old Carvens of Time Dungeons
    >Speaking of the Carvens of Time themselves will be destroyed and instead of new areas the new zones will be existing zones at different points in time. Think the End Times version of Dragonblight from Cataclysm’s Dungeons

>Seasons are intended to last 3-4 months right now and alternate between WoW Classic seasons -which is the test bed for some of these ideas- and allow us to make time limited seasonal content that will use FOMO to keep the players coming back and allow us to make changes to existing zones albeit many being temporary so we don’t permanently change too many things forever as with the Shattering content that really messed up the timeline for questing players, ironically given 10.0 I suppose. While the seasons are wholesale taken from Destiny and to a lesser extent Diablo 3 of course this temporary world changing is being workshopped as something to appeal to “the fortnite generation” and started getting put forward around the time they did their big map redesign for the first time.
    >This is done to spread the workload, increase profitability beyond one major box sale every 2 fiscal years and to try and lure in a new younger audience as the current “Heavy User” audience of diehards are a lot older than the target demographics Activision as a whole wants to target.
    >Yes the fruit bowl stuff caused some internal fiction but its not the “us vs the essjaydubyas” you might think but rather there is a sentiment that a lot of the games current issues are being waved away by pushing the earlier team members under the bus rather than respect the work and the foundation they built.
    >FFXIV is not the boogeyman you might think but we had one large meeting with leadership specifically asking “What is it doing right?” and being befuddled when people point out things and going “but we already did that” while missing the many replies of “but we don’t anymore”.
    sure thing buddy!

15+ Year Old Account
    I could see this being true, but I could also see this being fake. An employee at Blizzard so jaded that they leak a bunch of info aimed at smearing the higher ups? Sounds more likely than you think.

I give it about a 50/50 chance of true vs false.

I seriously wondered what direction WoW could possibly go in after you go to the literal workshop of the beings who made the universe. How do you come back from that and make anything exciting after that point?

Good game designers and writers can do that, I don't see WoW doing it.

Also seasons and battle pass shit would make perfect sense in line with the direction Blizzard's been going with WoW.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Setting aside the fact that Relapses exists only to defend Blizzard I don't see the point of arguing with me quoting an old addage. Maybe you should worry about your own ignorance and bias before anyone else's.
    Again, they didn’t even defend Blizzard. Nor did I.
    The only bias being shown is by how much your posts exist to bash Blizzard while many of your points aren’t even good. Then, when these things are pointed out to you, instead of trying to argue a better argument to prove someone wrong you resort to calling people Blizzard defenders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    link 1 thread like that has has even half of what they say be true.
    We've had leaks in the past where a lot of the information was true leaks, and a lot of it was lies. People mixed in actual leaks they had gotten out of Blizzard employees, then added their own fiction on top of it to make it sound more extreme but believable.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the early stuff is true, and the middle stuff is half true. Also wouldn't be surprised if we got seasonal and battle pass stuff given how that's infiltrated basically every Blizzard and Activision game.

960k active players on retail is completely believable given the Blizzard API numbers on raiding and PvP.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    We've had leaks in the past where a lot of the information was true leaks, and a lot of it was lies. People mixed in actual leaks they had gotten out of Blizzard employees, then added their own fiction on top of it to make it sound more extreme but believable.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the early stuff is true, and the middle stuff is half true. Also wouldn't be surprised if we got seasonal and battle pass stuff given how that's infiltrated basically every Blizzard and Activision game.

960k active players on retail is completely believable given the Blizzard API numbers on raiding and PvP.
    Honestly a battle pass full of FOMO cosmetics aimed at casuals would do wonders to push numbers - you would still have your pvp/m+ rewards for elite players but also an incitive for everyone else to play the game and stay subbed.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This entire community is slowly devolving into Mr. Gotcha.

I know and you can feel it here the best.

Come in any thread were some loser uses this line; and yet your argument is invalid so many options with: and yet. Not even kidding 90% here is doing this lmao.

I have a bridge I'd like to sell to you. If someone had a genuine leak, why would they mix in lies, which would only reduce its believability? Its nonsensical.

If any past "leak" has contained any truth (and I've never seen any evidence of that - these kind of leaks are pretty much completely unprovable, and very likely to be shit all the way from the top to the bottom), it would be because if you guess enough shit you'll end up being right on occasion.
    Last edited by Fenrys; 2021-11-25 at 05:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So link one?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The new store pack with the transmog feels like it could be a test run for this battlepass idea.
    If they are going with that and dropping expansions, it will make my life so much easier. It will be the perfect excuse to stop playing without letting anyone down.

I do hope this is fake, but i also know the population numbers and sub revenue is down and the shop is how they make up for it.
    The more players leave, the more the ones that stay will be milked. This can only get worse.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-26 at 04:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The new store pack with the transmog feels like it could be a test run for this battlepass idea.
    If they are going with that and dropping expansions, it will make my life so much easier. It will be the perfect excuse to stop playing without letting anyone down.

I do hope this is fake, but i also know the population numbers and sub revenue is down and the shop is how they make up for it.
    The more players leave, the more the ones that stay will be milked. This can only get worse.
    To be fair, most games these days seem to be about "lets milk costumers as much as possible". WoW's shop is super tame next to others lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    To be fair, most games these days seem to be about "lets milk costumers as much as possible". WoW's shop is super tame next to others lol.
    It is in quantity, but not in price. 30 euros for a mount is almost the same price as an expansion.
    But, it is starting to catch up in frequency.
    We have now had 2 mounts and an outfit in 3 months, where we used to have 1 mount every 6 months.

You'd be surprised how much of this is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It is in quantity, but not in price. 30 euros for a mount is almost the same price as an expansion.
    But, it is starting to catch up in frequency.
    We have now had 2 mounts and an outfit in 3 months, where we used to have 1 mount every 6 months.
    Blizzard: ::increases profits by continuing to produce products its consumers are purchasing::

Blizzard fans: and I took that personally.