Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    What is the criteria for best community.
    Being nominated, I guess.
    Fallout 76's community has been nothing but supportive, save for one or two jackasses that nuke people's houses
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not, it's fairly bad music, but I'm sure I'm not going to convince you even by getting into why it is super low quality as a soundtrack.

The games nominated for the best audio award are games which all have both fairly strong soundtracks and very strong general sound design, while, unless it's changed in the past year and half, FFXIV can't even manage to make menu, UI, and combat/spell/anything sounds that don't sound like total ass, so it's not hard to see how RE8 won.

Like, I don't know how you can, honestly, with a straight face, hear these walking sounds, and think "yeah man, I can't believe FFXIV didn't win an audio award". How do you expect an audio award when a giant chocobo carrying someone and running sounds like a digitized recording of someone poking a stick into dirt over and over even across different surfaces? Or when your combat sounds are like this?

Sound is not one of the game's strengths.
    I thought we were talking about soundtrack. Not sound effects. Because it has one of the best soundtracks in the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by Troontown View Post

People used to shill the OST by linking titans theme, which is a perfect example of being laughably bad.
    People link the Titan theme because it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't agree at all, but then again I'm an adult I guess? I just ignore the negative in WoW and other games. I don't want people to pretend to be nice to me, and being passive aggressive, or secretly mean is pretty shitty over all.

So how do you remove a low DPS player if you can't say why or make up an excuse? You can't tell the truth or lie? I've also heard from dozens of people you can't post or talk about meters, because using mods is technically against the rules. Here is a thread of 68 comments, the first post on google I found about the subject where basically they all say you can't use/post/talk about parsers in game without fear of bans. At best they say "talk about it in a secret way..."

I'm really unsure why you think being fake and "secretly" nice to people is even remotely a good thing. Thats the same as any toxic workplace, where any work email is basically seething with rage and sarcasm, but in a PC/nice way.
    I really don't get you. Open hostility is worse than compliance. It doesn't make you better cause you don't care about being abused. Lol
    Also, you raise a valid point. There are children playing these games too. Be more considerate.
    Just cause you don't care, doesn't mean everyone is the same. Regardless, verbal abuse is no different than physical abuse and has no place in civilized discorse. Surely you are adult enough to understand that.

I told you that myself. You CAN use damage meters. You just can't abuse others over it. Cause of course. It's a game. Any adult can seperate reality from a videogame.
    Don't type about it in game, and no one will have proof.

There is no secretely. Civilized discorse is better than babies having nerd rage fits.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-26 at 03:58 PM.

So how do you remove a low DPS player if you can't say why or make up an excuse? You can't tell the truth or lie?

What do you gain from kicking the low DPS player?
    You have to abandon the duty because you can't invite others in your running raid-session anyway. Which means you have to form a new group out-of-dungeon.

If you are the group leader, you are free to kick everyone you want once you are out of the dungeon.

Vote Abandon -> majority thinks it's not going to work -> group leaves the dungeon
    Kick the player you don't want (you don't have to make up shit, you can do this without saying anything)-> look for a new player

If the majority thinks it's fine and don't want to abandon, who are you to say otherwise? If you disagree you are free to remove yourself from the group and find a new one, which is the correct thing because at that point, it's you who doesn't want to work with that group anymore.

It's really not that hard, thousands of players do it every day in pugs and manage.
    When we were only 7 players and wanted to do savage raids and got a player who couldn't out dps tanks, we'd simply abandon and kick him and look for a new one. You don't have to be a dick about it, you can do it without the usual trashtalk of "THIS GUY IS SHIIIIIIT"

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    I vote for myself to get a billion dollars.

That's kinda the same.
    I mean, of course the FF Community likes itself. But teh community for non weebs and non trash players is just...well, thanks but no.
    The community in FF has become a community with a safety wall around them. Nobody is allowed to tell them they are wierdos or bad or whatever. (and fuck weebs lol).

They voted for themself in a stupid award. Insane.

It's like the best still played game. It's just stupid. If you take all the numbers you can get from steam etc. you would know that the hype and the players that came with it this early year almost entirely left the boat again.

But whatever. The more terrible players play FF instead of all other games it's better for everyone.
    you sound like a weeb and really bad player.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-26 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Afk a whole dungeon is being a dick.

In wow, you won't be ban for calling out the afker, you will in FF.
    That is an outright lie. No one gets banned for kicking an AFKer. I've done that before.
    Actually, that is how i know FF has a set time before you can vote kick someone. About 10 or 15m into a dungeon.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-26 at 04:26 PM.

Warcraft copycats will never be as good as the original. I have played FFXIV and it didn't change my mind on that. I strongly suspect that official magazines, sites etc give the throne to the most pc mmo game, not the best one, exactly like movies or tv awards.
    That however would never be possible if Blizzard managed to at least keep our favorite game in a decent quality. The servers still have enough people, but if they keep going like this even the most hardcore fans will eventually move on. They need to hire better writers, designers, well everything, if they want to keep Azeroth alive. Shadowlands is the second bad expansion in a raw, and they will just wrap it up and move on. Getting our attention, and money, back will require the next chapter to be really good. And the current team just can't deliver.
    I hope these kind of news to awaken them to the reality that even a copycat which started in an unplayable state managed to get fixed, upgraded, and snatch the crown. Warcraft can be fixed too. But it will take drastic measures to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Circlejerk award goes to circlejerk community, hardly surprising
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Circlejerk award goes to circlejerk community, hardly surprising
    A bunch of people being happy and having fun with eachother because they're happy and having fun with eachother? Man, such a horrible thing.

Clearly its better to be in the wow community which hates on itself and blizzard 24/7 and has been proclaiming the death of the game for the last 17 years yet still keeps playing for some reason. Now that's healthy behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That is an outright lie. No one gets banned for kicking an AFKer. I've done that before.
    Actually, that is how i know FF has a set time before you can vote kick someone. About 10 or 15m into a dungeon.
    I said calling out, not kicking him as you will not be able to kick him anyway because you have a 15 min period when you can't and you still can't when loot is being rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I said calling out, not kicking him as you will not be able to kick him anyway because you have a 15 min period when you can't and you still can't when loot is being rolled.
    If he/she is afk you can say they are afk. That is not against the rules unless they are actually not afk, at which point it can be considered something else like trolling or abuse to get the person kicked unduly.

As someone who has played both wow and FF14.

Both are toxic.

Their is one main difference. Wow players will be upfront to your face and honest (if rude). FF14 players may be nice to your face but super entitled and toxic behind your back. Almost every FF14 discord I have been to have been filled with extremely toxic players. To the point I have heard them telling people to end their lives becausr they do not playva certain race.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I play mostly WoW, I have played quite a bit of FFXIV and they deserve this. The community is definitely a hell of a lot more welcoming than the vast majority of of the WoW crowd I've experienced in the last 17 years. Random people actually try and help you if you don't know how to do something, versus people foaming at the mouth in WoW and calling you names.
    Anecdotal, at best, because the same can be said for the reverse.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like how you are being extremely rude in this very post while scoffing at people that dislike the strict ToS.

Its also completely ridiculous that you think the only two options are "abuse" and "be fake nice while hiding a dagger behind your smile."

Also forcing someone to be civilized does not actually make them civilized. This can easily be shown by those players behavior outside of the game.

My favorite part is where I got called an asshole struggling to not be toxic despite me saying I haven't ever been punished despite playing for years.

You are correct in that they are acting like exactly the problem with the community. As if its impossible to be a considerate person and still have issues with the game's behavioral systems.

ANY critique in the game gets pushback like this though, and that's why I have a very low opinion of the community.

As for the rest of you saying "I've never experienced any issues" try doing content that doesn't have a 100% success rate ie: Pre-Echo savage. After getting enough tanks that don't pop mit and enough WHM's that never heal you will understand. And no, you can't educate anyone on how to play because like I said earlier everyone thinks they're playing perfectly and if they don't listen you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Salty Wow community at it's finest. Why can't (some of) you appreciate that the game got a reward? After all what's better for a product (game in this particular situation) then a healthy competition?

I care about the game being better and I'd rather a big problem it has not be enabled by getting a "best community award" because it is not true and only serves to make the issue worse.
    Last edited by Sharby; 2021-11-26 at 04:51 PM.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dark View Post
    Warcraft copycats will never be as good as the original. I have played FFXIV and it didn't change my mind on that.
    LOL What? Which aspect is a copycat? A MMORPG with actionbars?

C'mon .. put down the WoW fanboi-ism and stop this nonsense. You'll never be taken seriously with this mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    A bunch of people being happy and having fun with eachother because they're happy and having fun with eachother? Man, such a horrible thing.

Clearly its better to be in the wow community which hates on itself and blizzard 24/7 and has been proclaiming the death of the game for the last 17 years yet still keeps playing for some reason. Now that's healthy behaviour.
    Only if WoW is those player's mmo of choice. If the mmo community has taught me anything over the last decade or so, its that you are not allowed to like anything in WoW except Legion (ROFL) and artwork or you face the wrath of the hiveminded trolls (that have free reign).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Nice strawman. Trying reading the post you're replying to next time?

This thread has the same energy as when someone makes a forum thread whenever a streamer has an opinion they agree with.

I'm also pretty sure that no community can reach toxicity levels like WoW's community, so that's not really a high bar to begin with.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Exactly.

If you aren't actively just upset you can't be a bigot in-game, then you're spinning out some strawman where you're going to be punished for saying something like, "pull more than 1 pack tank" or something.

Which does not happen.

No, you can't lol.

This does not happen. I don't know why you guys just flatout lie about the ToS as if you WANT to be a victim so you can complain. At the end of the day every single person like yourself inventing a bunch of nonsensical arguments as to why having a ToS that forbids you from being a toxic shit-slinger in the game always, always, ALWAYS, boils down to either, "I got in trouble for being mean in-game" or "I want to be mean in-game but know I will suffer consequences for it."

This is what it boils down to at the end of it all. It is for those people and their reactions exemplify that.
    yikes, the zealot has returned. Still going at it with calling everyone who disagrees a bigot/ ist/ism/cel

yes. Yes i can. I can absolutely afk in a dungeon with no repercussions. I can absolutely purposefully grief the group by not contributing with no repercussions.
    Yes, you absolutely can and will get banned for "belittling" other players. And who decides what is belittling? The person on the receiving end.

Go be a bootlicking cultist somewhere else please. And go actually read the ToS while you're at it, they even have examples of what gets you banned now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I thought we were talking about soundtrack. Not sound effects. Because it has one of the best soundtracks in the entire series.

People link the Titan theme because it's good.
    yeah man, screeching WOLOLO WOLOLO WOLOLO TITAN. So good. Its like I'm back in age of empires.

Go be a bootlicking cultist somewhere else please.
    Dude you're screeching about how much you're upset you can't be a bigot in FF14 in a thread about a pointless award it won.

If anyone needs to take their nonsense elsewhere, it's a new account of someone clearly just banned and getting around it and flaming people like a child.

All 11 of your posts are you losing your goddamn mind over people liking FF14. Just don't play the game if you're so upset you can't scream slurs at people. I donno what else to tell you.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-11-26 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Dude you're screeching about how much you're upset you can't be a bigot in FF14 in a thread about a pointless award it won.

If anyone needs to take their nonsense elsewhere, it's a new account of someone clearly just banned and getting around it and flaming people like a child.

All 11 of your posts are you losing your goddamn mind over people liking FF14. Just don't play the game if you're so upset you can't scream slurs at people. I donno what else to tell you.
    There you go again. YOu jsut cant help yourself can you. You are a living joke. The embodiment of everything wrong with ff14. brainwashed little drones who would rather slit their wrists than admit there is something wrong with their precious holy grail game.
    Literally the same arguments every time. "oh you dont like the CCP style gag order ToS? Must be a bigot"

Your lack of self awareness is deeply worrying. You claim I am toxic, but you have done nothing but slander me as a racist womanhater. Every single post you have made is just an insult, while boiling down to "u mad cuz ff14 gud", with wow living rent free in your empty little skull. I havent mentioned wow once. I dont play wow.

Take your meds my dude, you're unhinged. Your fucking profile description is you having a massive victim complex with, once again, wow living in your head rent free. You want to talk about post history? Try looking at your own, delusional little gnat. All you do is mindlessly bootlick for ff14 even when you KNOW you are in the wrong. Such as when you tried to defend ff14's cash shop.

like, you actually expect people to respect and take you seriously when you say asinine shit like this

Yeah shockingly I trust the developer who has never lied to his community and has fostered trust over a decade over Ion Hazzikostas who keeps insisting things that nobody wants is what everyone wants.

Again please play any other game besides WoW. Your Stockholm Syndrome is showing.

Also LOL at all you Warcraft defenders suddenly adamantly defending the store after somebody merely points out why people dislike it more than the FF14 one. Your convictions are shining through all right.
    my dude, yoshi lies all the time. How many times has he faked tears on stage to get a free pass for his incompetence? I lost count.
    how many time has he lied and claimed "PS3 limitations" to wave away flaws in the game's design? The fact that you ACTUALLY believe there is such a thing as an honest marketer/businessman says it all about your state of mind.
    Last edited by Troontown; 2021-11-26 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Then again, I'm also not one to pretend as if it hasn't become very common for abusers to sit back, subtly harass people in a way that isn't technically a breach of the terms of service and then the moment someone gets frustrated and talks back, they find that the terms of service are weaponised against them.

To which the usual response is that 'they should not have answered back' as if it is valid for humans to shun their emotions in favour of becoming mindless, unfeeling drones.
    I'd take wow community or really, any other community over such hypocrisy and passive aggressive mental illness behavior outlets... Cant stand it.
    And for that to win best community? pathetic.