View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not at all, everyone I mention is listed on oddschecker as a potential next PM. We are a fine democracy in the UK and where there's a will there's a way. And the former Labour home-secretary Lord Blunkett seems to agree with me today as it's reported...

Lord Blunkett says 'NIGEL FARAGE could become Prime Minister'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Labour.html

Here's hoping hey eurochums that all my dreams come true. That would be a day of celebration, can you imagine him turning up at the EU to negotiate? I see Juncker has returned to a top EU role, why not Farage for the UK? ROFL.
    Nigel Farage turning up at the EU would indeed be something completely novel. He never turned up for his job at the Fisheries committee, and he hardly showed up for debates in Parliament either.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-11-25 at 07:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And of the 18 "upsides" I believe only 11 of them could actually be described as benefits directly attributable to Brexit. And most of those are minor.

I'd do a similar exercise on the downsides, but there are only so many hours in the day. I suspect working out the validity of Brexit downsides would be a bit like painting the Forth Bridge (and before anyone tries to tell me, yes I'm aware that old saying is no longer valid).
    The thing is Huey, you miss all the things we won't become a part of, or have to pay for, by leaving the EU. Such as Merkels replacement, Olaf Scholz, today announcing plans for the German Federation of Europe to replace the EU. Something remainers said would never happen.

German government will push for a European federation

https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...an-federation/

Just one example of another fantastic benefit for the UK thanks to Brexit. Thank heavens we saved our sovereignty just in time. I wonder how eurochums not from Germany feel about it...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The thing is Huey, you miss all the things we won't become a part of, or have to pay for, by leaving the EU. Such as Merkels replacement, Olaf Scholz, today announcing plans for the German Federation of Europe to replace the EU. Something remainers said would never happen.

Just one example of another fantastic benefit for the UK thanks to Brexit. Thank heavens we saved our sovereignty just in time. I wonder how eurochums not from Germany feel about it...
    And it will happen IF, and only if, the countries in the EU want to go down that path. If they don't, then it won't happen, regardless of whether particular political party in Germany have decided it's something they want to do.

Hell, if we were still in there, and they went ahead with it, are you suggesting we would have had no choice but to go along? You do remember that we weren't in the Euro, don't you? That we were in a position where we could pick and choose whether we wanted to join in certain aspects of the EU experiment?

This pathetic fear-mongering took place in the illegal 2016 vote as well. It wasn't true then, and it isn't true now.

But let's leave that all behind us now. As you're so fond of telling us, we've left. Your side won. So now you can concentrate on listing out all those wonderful Brexit benefits we were promised. I keep asking you for them, and you keep ignoring me and trying to distract us with squirrels. Enough of that; tell us what wonderful things we're now experiencing as a result of leaving. Explain how our lives are so much better because we've followed your plan.

I'm waiting.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Starting to think that Dribbles hates the UK with a passion.

He ignores any requests for why Brexit was a success. The cons far outweigh the pro's (pro's I'm not even aware of, new passport colour?)

Now he's hoping for a PM that'll be even worse than the current shitshow, who apparently wants brits to become characters in peppa pig land.

He wants to see the UK burn to the ground, it's quite sad really. Perhaps it's an Australians ultimate revenge on the former masters.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-11-26 at 07:55 AM.

Another problem caused by Brexit to add to the ever growing list:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59406704

I'm sure all those people in Kent will be delighted to see 17 mile tailbacks of lorries in their county. Turning their home into a giant car-park was exactly what they voted for back in 2016. They didn't realise it, of course, because the people running the Leave campaign lied to their faces. But regardless, this outcome is EXACTLY what they voted for.

Also hilarious to see Boris and his "diplomatic skills" messing things up yet again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59428311

Priti Vacant has been told by the French that she's no longer welcome for discussions about how to handle the refugee crisis, in light of Bumbling Boris publishing a letter to Macron that's basically saying "this is all your fault, here's how you need to do better".

And still dribbles list of benefits doesn't appear. Tick tock.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm sure all those people in Kent will be delighted to see 17 mile tailbacks of lorries in their county. Turning their home into a giant car-park was exactly what they voted for back in 2016. They didn't realise it, of course, because the people running the Leave campaign lied to their faces. But regardless, this outcome is EXACTLY what they voted for.

Also hilarious to see Boris and his "diplomatic skills" messing things up yet again:

Priti Vacant has been told by the French that she's no longer welcome for discussions about how to handle the refugee crisis, in light of Bumbling Boris publishing a letter to Macron that's basically saying "this is all your fault, here's how you need to do better".

He clearly got what he wanted with Brexit and doesn't want the job anymore.

7+ Year Old Account

Project fear nonsense from the one minute to midnight remain doomsayers who have been predicting this for years. Let me know when it happens in reality.

Priti Vacant has been told by the French that she's no longer welcome for discussions about how to handle the refugee crisis, in light of Bumbling Boris publishing a letter to Macron that's basically saying "this is all your fault, here's how you need to do better"..
    Priti being disinvited today is to do with Boris sending his public letter to Macron regarding the numbers of economic EU illegal migrants crossing the channel. The French, ala Belarus style, have no interest in stopping this and Boris's letter was a masterstroke of diplomacy in shining the spotlight on it.

Every post I make gives a Brexit benefit, I've given you thousands, this one is no exception...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

A little perspective to the Federation thing: it would require Germany to get an entirely new constitution. Not just rewriting some articles, we would actually have to ditch the whole thing and make a new one. We didn't even do that for our unification in 1990 when it would have been the perfect time and to be honest needed too.

Every post I make gives a Brexit benefit, I've given you thousands, this one is no exception...

Nope. Brexiteers don't believe experts. So anything produced by any economic expert can NEVER be used by Brexiteers to support their case. Sorry, but you decided to ignore all the experts, so this is a hole you've dug yourself into.

Oh, and UK GDP fell by 9.9% in 2020. While EU GDP fell by 6.1%. Which means if that diagram is correct, UK GDP will be 3.9% down over 2020/2021 combined. While the EU GDP will be 1.4% down over 2020/2021. Which still puts us behind the EU over the period that we've left the EU. Which either means Brexit has fucked us over more than the EU, or the Brexiteers managing Covid have fucked us over more than the EU. Or maybe a bit of both.

Wow, look at that. Another "Brexit benefit" from dribbles that was utterly refuted before it even had time to cool down. Still batting pretty much zero dribbles. Care yo try again? If you've got "thousands" as you suggested, surely it will be easy to cherry pick a few of them that stand up to even a cursory examination?

David Davis "There'll be no downsides to brexit."

Reality

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regul...ide-dossier-2/

We're at 388 and rising

Nope. Brexiteers don't believe experts. So anything produced by any economic expert can NEVER be used by Brexiteers to support their case. Sorry, but you decided to ignore all the experts, so this is a hole you've dug yourself into.

Oh, and UK GDP fell by 9.9% in 2020. While EU GDP fell by 6.1%. Which means if that diagram is correct, UK GDP will be 3.9% down over 2020/2021 combined. While the EU GDP will be 1.4% down over 2020/2021. Which still puts us behind the EU over the period that we've left the EU. Which either means Brexit has fucked us over more than the EU, or the Brexiteers managing Covid have fucked us over more than the EU. Or maybe a bit of both.

Wow, look at that. Another "Brexit benefit" from dribbles that was utterly refuted before it even had time to cool down. Still batting pretty much zero dribbles. Care yo try again? If you've got "thousands" as you suggested, surely it will be easy to cherry pick a few of them that stand up to even a cursory examination?
    This is exactly how this guy fell for the Brexit nonsense to begin with. Guy doesn't understand the data he is posting. It's pretty pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    A little perspective to the Federation thing: it would require Germany to get an entirely new constitution. Not just rewriting some articles, we would actually have to ditch the whole thing and make a new one. We didn't even do that for our unification in 1990 when it would have been the perfect time and to be honest needed too.
    New Chancellor is the ideal time too. I wonder where the capital of this new German federation of Europe would be, Berlin do you think?

And I wonder which nation currently in the EU is prime candidate to be Olaf's Elsa? France maybe?

I was told by some users on this forum that there was zero chance of that ever happening.

Kinda scary reading headlines like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I was told by some users on this forum that there was zero chance of that ever happening.

Kinda scary reading headlines like that.
    Why do you think that's scary?

I think it's good, we'll have a national conversation of what we want our future to be. We'll have to get a majority on board and not just some FPTP shenanigans but a real majority of German citizens. I for one would love to live in a European Federation where our nations are "Bundesländer" just as Germany now has 16 Bundesländer with their own constitutions. I would be absolutely thrilled to be a citizen of a United Earth.

Chances of that hapening are slim to none sadly, at least in our lifetime.

Why do you think that's scary?

I think it's good, we'll have a national conversation of what we want our future to be. We'll have to get a majority on board and not just some FPTP shenanigans but a real majority of German citizens. I for one would love to live in a European Federation where our nations are "Bundesländer" just as Germany now has 16 Bundesländer with their own constitutions. I would be absolutely thrilled to be a citizen of a United Earth.

Chances of that hapening are slim to none sadly, at least in our lifetime.
    Further integration

this exact quote is something i do not like the look of

it is our mission to enable, foster and advance a sovereign Europe,” he added.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-11-26 at 05:05 PM.

Further integration

Some people like to go it alone, others think we're stronger together.

Some people like to go it alone, others think we're stronger together.
    yep i get that, will be interesting to see what comes of it and what the general public think, not just in Germany but across all states.

7+ Year Old Account
    Further integration

Sounds like a headline from the 1940's.

I hope they ask the other 26 EU members this time around before trying to dissolve their respective nation states into one German Federation of Europe.

Lord Frost says that the EU will have to give ground on the NI Protocol, or he will use Article 16. Err, wait, that sounds very familiar. Didn't we hear this exact same thing last week? And a couple of weeks before that? And about a month ago?

Once again, the Brexiteers only negotiating tactic is to put a gun to their own foot, and threaten to pull the trigger. The EU has seen all this before, and it wasn't fooled the first time. Does Frost not realise how stupid, and more importantly, impotent he's making himself look?

He isn't going to do it, because it will break the GFA. The US have already told Boris what will happen if they do that, and it's not good. We've decided to bluff, but we're sitting there with no cards in our hand. But we're pretending that we do, because if we all just wish and hope hard enough, good things are bound to happen. Right children?

Pathetic.

This is factually untrue and unsupported by the existing constitution. Art. 79 (3) only concerns the federal nature and the states of the German federal rpublic, not that Germany itself could be a state to another federal republic (in this case the EU). Even if that was an issue, Art. 23 specifically grants Germany the authority to transfer state authority to the EU for the specific purpose of a unified Europe.

The existing constitution supports the idea of Germany being absorbed into a unified Europe.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.