Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Finally wow may be coming to next gen consoles

from game awards taking place this year on December 9th but was quickly taken down

So basically, this thing that never happened "happened" but it's gone now, almost like it never happened...

Theres already ways for people to play WoW on consoles if they want. Just seems like too much trouble for no reward in my opinion.

Oh god I hope not

A guy with 1 post, joined this month is making a thread about something that he can't prove.

No, sir... sir... sir.... this is not a bait... sir... sir... I am speaking to you... this is real.

Source: Trust me bro

I never posted before because of trolls like you, as a new member im not allowed to post links but SIR........ Google is your friend its out there if you just look

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    I never posted before because of trolls like you, as a new member im not allowed to post links but SIR........ Google is your friend its out there if you just look
    You can't post leaks but nothing stops you from telling us where you read this ridiculous story. For example: "I just read on Kotaku that WoW is coming to consoles!" That would have told us what to google so stop being lazy.

from game awards taking place this year on December 9th but was quickly taken down
    I cant see the link for some reason, but im guessing this is about WoW on console? IIRC it was datamined from the store? I think Kotaku oh w/e its called reported it (as a rumor, not as fact) and they acknowledged it seemed very far fetched, but not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    So basically, this thing that never happened "happened" but it's gone now, almost like it never happened...

Theres already ways for people to play WoW on consoles if they want. Just seems like too much trouble for no reward in my opinion.
    Too much trouble for no reward? LOL! It would be HUGE if WoW went on consoles!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Oh god I hope not
    Are you concerned they would change the game because it was on console, or you just dont like the idea of it being on console?

If the first one, what changes are you concerned about? If the second, why would it bother you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Ohh, it's an interesting idea

In OP's defense, there have been many articles from several coverage sites claiming a since-removed leak (reddit as the source) that the Xbox store had a "WoW Complete edition" coming soon to it.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-11-26 at 08:44 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Are you concerned they would change the game because it was on console, or you just dont like the idea of it being on console?

If the first one, what changes are you concerned about? If the second, why would it bother you?
    WoW might be better off since it has a very good engine.

But in FF14's case console functionality absolutely hamstrings the game in some regards, namely, EVERYTHING has to be slowed down to allow it to be practical to play on a controller.

Considering that the GCD is only 1 second and we have way more buttons than XIV does it simply wouldn't work unless they cut down on the amount of buttons or they make the GCD longer. Neither of which would feel good to be honest.

Which leaves two outcomes:

1. The game is unchanged and playing on controller is actually worthless which defeats the point.

2. The game is changed and made worse for everyone just to accommodate controller functionality.

Of course if you can play on consoles with KB/M there are no issues.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    It would be huge if WoW went to consoles. What I am so is too much trouble is the ways to do it now. My understanding is you have to use some kind of steam thing to let you play games on your computer on other devices, then you have to use an addon for wow to map over the buttons to the controller. None of this takes into account possible lag going back and forth between computers and consoles or problems with the addons or steam server, etc.

And even if everything works perfectly, WoW wasn't designed for consoles natively so even though you can do most things, even raid, with a console, you will still not be as effective as someone with a keyboard and mouse.

I would love WoW being on consoles, natively. All of the extra hoops just makes me not want to do it and stick to the tried and true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    If people would enjoy it on console - and it doesnt change pc players' experience - why not.

I just don't think controllers are super viable outside of the base rotation. Targeting, fast interrupting, fast gameplay like pvp could also be a problem ( for example )

I also don't think they have enough resources right now for a console port.

An *extremely* watered down version of WoW? It's possible, sure, but it wouldn't even really be remotely close to the WoW everyone knows.

How do you pop trinkets? How do you hit the plethora of buttons you can/do hit now on a keyboard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, I doubt it. Kotick is keeping a stick in the wheel for that to happen yet.

Else, if you have some actual evidence, it'll help the discussion more.

I, myself, hope not.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You can't post leaks but nothing stops you from telling us where you read this ridiculous story. For example: "I just read on Kotaku that WoW is coming to consoles!" That would have told us what to google so stop being lazy.
    In all fairness, reading Kotaku would bring his credibility down.

5+ Year Old Account
    from my point of view it could be wow included in some game pass not on consoles but that one you can play on pc

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    In all fairness, reading Kotaku would bring his credibility down.
    Yeah but it at least be "something" compared to his "nothing".

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW with a controller? Yikes. I'd imagine you need to trim WoW's fat a lot, to make it viable. We have so many abilities and spells, each with their own buttons and hotkeys. What would PvP, or any of the more movement-oriented bosses look like?

Then there is also the fear, that WoW in PC would need to be made with console compatibility in mind, going forward. What that would mean for an ancient game like WoW, I've no idea. But it would always lurk in the background; "Is this designed like this for the PC, because of the consoles?"

However it would turn out, I think it's safe to say, that there is definitely no cross-play between PC and consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?