10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

The biggest bad ass was Theodore Rooseveldt. He's out there somewhere waiting to beat your ass into the dirt for being an insecure little man baby. He was also pretty progressive for his time and created useful government agencies.
    Especially considering Donald Trump is the exact opposite of "walk softly and carry a big stick." He's more like "make a lot of noise claiming you have the bigliest stick whilst having no stick at all"

Donald Trump is probably going to die of a heart attack from being a fat lazy fuck. Teddy Roosevelt died after a years-long battle with complications due to wounds and diseases he suffered... while trekking through the god damn uncharted Amazon jungle.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Y'all giving the sealion a warm welcome back? Alright, you do you I suppose.

Meanwhile I was amusing myself looking up "Boebert" on Urban Dictionary.
    Honestly hearing about her latest string of bullshit antics makes it clear why her Sex-Offender Husband is still married to her.

Because she acts like a fucking child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Suffice to say in short:

Trump is a weak man's idea of a strong man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and an idiot's idea of a genius.
    Sure but it is super fun to point out how gullible and delusional his cult followers are with a little more detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Coming out as pro-slavery is certainly . . . a take.
    Dur, I don't know why people say I am fascist. I just want national conscripted worker programs! Hurrrr durrrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Honestly hearing about her latest string of bullshit antics makes it clear why her Sex-Offender Husband is still married to her.

Because she acts like a fucking child.
    She's not a child. She's just an idiot. She's the kind of stupid person who peaks as a hanger-on to the cool girls in High School, because she has literally no value to bring to any table.

The problem is that we live in an age when "being a stupid loudmouthed bigot" is all it takes to be elected to Congress.

Coming out as pro-slavery is certainly . . . a take.
    not really slavery. I've been someone who's suffered from poverty and nothing to do for most of his life. if a leader mandates some kind of job for everyone and you get food and a bed out of it, i'll sure as hell take it over living in a car again.

stuff like that is why I value the idea of a strong visionary that does not take shit from anyone
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    not really slavery.
    If you're in favor of a country "solv[ing] poverty by giving a role to all its citizens, even if it's labor or mandatory conscription", then you need to understand that what you're describing is literally slavery.

The literal definition of the word.

Forced labor = slavery. If you see a poor person who doesn't have a job and you conscript that person against their will to work, that's "slavery".

You're literally arguing in favor of human rights abuses, and you think that isn't monstrous.

I've been someone who's suffered from poverty and nothing to do for most of his life. if a leader mandates some kind of job for everyone and you get food and a bed out of it, i'll sure as hell take it over living in a car again.
    This is both a false dichotomy (there's no reason you should have to work for the food or bed), and you freely admit you wanted the job in this case, which means you weren't being mandated or conscripted into that job.

Recursively dishonest.

stuff like that is why I value the idea of a strong visionary that does not take shit from anyone
    Bully-boy fascist dictators, in other words, which is how small insecure men puff themselves up.

It's a weird thing to idolize. You're not idolizing strength. What you're describing is weakness.

there's no reason you should have to work for the food
    you think everyone should be handed some food to get by, regardless of who they are? I mean I thought one of the most basic things they teach you in America is no one is entitled to free necessities, you have to work for it, so don't be a loser and strive to find a living above all else
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account

And what, exactly, was Donald Trump's vision?

And I don't mean the useless faff he would belch out. I mean what was his actual plan? Why did he so spectacularly fail to achieve it?

Because you seem to be under some grand delusion that Trump was strong, wealthy, and smart. And as I noted earlier, Trump is nothing but the weak man's idea of a strong man, the poor man's idea of a rich man, and the idiot's idea of a genius. And if you're asking one of your endless begging-the-question series of "well then why people think he was so strong, rich, and smart?" I can more or less guarantee you that it's because they fell into one of the categories predisposed to incorrectly think those things of him. Take your pick of which of the three you are.

He does not adhere to Teddy Roosevelt's (an actual, manly-man strong leader who got shit done and wouldn't be pushed around) adage of "walk softly, but carry a big stick." Trump was all bluster with nothing to show for it.

you think everyone should be handed some food to get by, regardless of who they are?
    You're basically asking "you think everyone deserves to be alive, even if they don't have money?"

That'll go right up there with your "slavery should be legal" hot take.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-11-27 at 06:52 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    you think everyone should be handed some food to get by, regardless of who they are?
    Yes? The entire point of society is that all members are taken care of on a basic level.

I mean I thought one of the most basic things they teach you in America is no one is entitled to free necessities,
    Which is a violently sociopathic viewpoint and explains why American society is in the state it is. Not exactly a winning argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes? The entire point of society is that all members are taken care of on a basic level.
    out of curiosity, if america is so bad in this regard, where in the capitalist-dominated world right now can you be fed or given basic living rights as a homeless person?

10+ Year Old Account
    out of curiosity, if america is so bad in this regard, where in the capitalist-dominated world right now can you be fed or given basic living rights as a homeless person?
    The United States, or did you suddenly forget that SNAP is a thing?

Also: please learn the difference between an is and an ought argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I still asked you a direct question you still haven't answered. When someone asks "do you agree with/are you part of this group you yourself called a cult?" and you refuse to answer, it makes it look like the answer is "Yes". Also, saying provocative things intended to generate responses, then refusing to respond to said responses, doesn't make you look like a genuine poster. You are a genuine poster, aren't you?

Second, "if a leader mandates some kind of job for everyone and you get food and a bed out of it" that's literally slavery. And your depiction sounds a lot like this:

Defenders of slavery argued that by comparison with the poor of Europe and the workers in the Northern states, that slaves were better cared for. They said that their owners would protect and assist them when they were sick and aged, unlike those who, once fired from their work, were left to fend helplessly for themselves.
    I found that quote by literally Googling "how did the South defend slavery" and taking the first result I found. No joke. No exaggeration. Literal. The only way what you said could be more pro-slavery is if you quoted Scripture and mentioned the cotton trade.

Third, I have two things to say about "a strong visionary that does not take shit from anyone":

Trump told CNBC he believes that Chinese President Xi Jinping and health officials there are going to continue to tell authorities around the world everything they need to know about the virus.

“I do. I do. I have a great relationship with President Xi,” said Trump, addressing a question about whether he’s concerned about transparency in China. “The relationship is very good.”
    That's from the famous CNBC article from Jan 22, yes, the one with “It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” That sure sounds like Trump, not just taking shit from China, but spreading it on purpose and praising it.

Also:

I said, ‘Did you do it?’ And he said, ‘No, I did not. Absolutely not.’ I then asked him a second time in a totally different way. He said absolutely not.
    Yep, that's Trump taking Putin, yes that Putin, on his word that he didn't attack the election. Which, of course, we know to be false.

You are a Trump supporter. You are not looking for a leader who doesn't take shit from anyone. Trump took shit from Russia, China, North Korea, Erdogan, and of course the Taliban terrorists. And while I haven't looked, I'm willing to bet you never once denounced Trump for any of those actions, not once. There's a word for someone who professes one type of behavior or action despite acting in another way entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    you think everyone should be handed some food to get by, regardless of who they are? I mean I thought one of the most basic things they teach you in America is no one is entitled to free necessities, you have to work for it, so don't be a loser and strive to find a living above all else
    You really don't believe in human rights do you? Or charity? Or human decency?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So do we uphold archaic and/or inefficient societal norms just because? When automation eventually makes finding factory and fast food work next to impossible (outside of being a technition) then those people should just suck it up and die? Or should we hold back technological progress to arbitrarily keep 'Low skilled labor' around to keep our poors working for pittence? This idea that the Richest Country on the Planet has to tell its bottom line 'Work or Starve' is absolutely barbaric. Though from the way this was framed I'm guessing you're "jUsT aSkInG qUeStIoNs "

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You really don't believe in human rights do you? Or charity? Or human decency?
    I don't think he really believes in anything tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't I? Why would I want to deny food to someone?

I mean I thought one of the most basic things they teach you in America is no one is entitled to free necessities, you have to work for it, so don't be a loser and strive to find a living above all else
    1> Not American. Really don't know why people keep thinking that, because I'm super clear about it.
    2> Yeah, what you're talking about here is misanthrophic propaganda, and you'd have to be a sociopath to actually believe it.

Why wouldn't I? Why would I want to deny food to someone?

1> Not American. Really don't know why people keep thinking that, because I'm super clear about it.
    2> Yeah, what you're talking about here is misanthrophic propaganda, and you'd have to be a sociopath to actually believe it.
    again, it's not really about what I believe in here in regards to the topic, but that's what American schools literally instill into your mind. That's also at the foundation of Republician/Conservative ideals.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's also at the foundation of Republician/Conservative ideals.
    We already know cruelty is the point.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

again, it's not really about what I believe in here in regards to the topic, but that's what American schools literally instill into your mind. That's also at the foundation of Republician/Conservative ideals.
    First off, I am an American and American schools most definitely do NOT teach this. In fact, outside of any economic class that deals with capitalism, they don't teach you to fend for yourself or you have to work to provide yourself. This is more of a Puritan religious doctrine than anything else where one has to suffer in order to appreciate whatever they receive. I will not dwell on the religion aspect of it as it is against forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    First off, I am an American and American schools most definitely do NOT teach this
    maybe it just varies then. Because I was taught/told my entire life about the mentality it's you that is the only constant in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe it just varies then. Because I was taught/told my entire life about the mentality it's you that is the only constant in the world.
    I'm deeply sorry for the trauma that has been inflicted upon you in your formative years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.