Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    there's no precedent for them announcing new stuff at game awards.
    People said the same thing about Gamescom during a very similar time during WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Yep. And I was the one (formerly known as MojoRisin) on these forums who argued that they WOULD announce Legion at Gamescom. No one believed me, but in the end I was right.
    Ah, it's been a while, but I remember you. I remember everyone in that thread doubted you, and as soon as they announced there would be an expansion reveal the thread exploded with hype.

> They've never revealed anything at Games Awards

Yeah maybe because until one year ago they had their own game convention literally the month before Games Awards
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm going insane but is there some weird pattern of one month after the announcement of the last patch there's expansion news?
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion at Gamescom was weird and wasn't it just the features trailer and then a "see you at Blizzcon for more?" And Blizz historically had a presence there as well which helped.

With no Blizzcon and no Blizzard games nominated at the Game Awards, I highly doubt we see a reveal there. Especially since that'd be before 9.2 is even out.

Still say they do it in a livestream in the spring.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I'm going insane but is there some weird pattern of one month after the announcement of the last patch there's expansion news?
    I think that is just how the expansion cycles line up with Blizzcon in general. Announce the last patch in time for PTR to comfortably be up and running so you have nothing preventing Blizzard from spending most, of not all, of the WoW panels focused on the next expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think that is just how the expansion cycles line up with Blizzcon in general. Announce the last patch in time for PTR to comfortably be up and running so you have nothing preventing Blizzard from spending most, of not all, of the WoW panels focused on the next expansion.
    I swear we had a Blizzcon once where they announced the final patch and expansion at the same time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet is a 10.0 announcement event shortly after 9.2 release. Probably a month at most after 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Legion at Gamescom was weird and wasn't it just the features trailer and then a "see you at Blizzcon for more?" And Blizz historically had a presence there as well which helped.

With no Blizzcon and no Blizzard games nominated at the Game Awards, I highly doubt we see a reveal there. Especially since that'd be before 9.2 is even out.

Still say they do it in a livestream in the spring.
    I might be misremembering, but I think it was only a short trailer that made it clear what the expansion would be about, as well as DHs and Artifacts being a major thing.
    If you search for WoW Legion trailers I believe there are 2 "reveal" or feature trailers. The short one being the one we were given at Gamescom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I swear we had a Blizzcon once where they announced the final patch and expansion at the same time.
    I don't think 8.3 was announced at Blizzcon, but it certainly had a whole lot of panels that talked about it from what I remember.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting that if there's nothing at TGA that the 10.0 Reveal will happen shortly after Zovaal Raid Cinematic is released.

I expect The Council to go live over the new year prior to 10.0 Reveal.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    No, in the past Blizzcon forced fresh reveals, that's why we got X.2 reveals before launches of X.1 or X.1.5 and expac before launch of last big patch. Normal way is annoucing next chapter after current one is out.

There was only 1 time expac reveal couldn't wait for next Blizzcon - Legion. And it was done after 6.2, including world first race, was over.

I don't think 8.3 was announced at Blizzcon, but it certainly had a whole lot of panels that talked about it from what I remember.
    A whole lot? All panels were about SL.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-11-27 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, in the past Blizzcon forced fresh reveals, that's why we got X.2 reveals before launches of X.1 or X.1.5 and expac before launch of last big patch. Normal way is annoucing next chapter after current one is out.

There was only 1 time expac reveal couldn't wait for next Blizzcon - Legion. And it was done after 6.2, including world first race, was over.

A whole lot? All panels were about SL.
    Might just have been some of the world design panels. I do distinctly remember a series of world design videos that explained how Ny'alotha was made. But then the same is true for the videos that showed early Maldraxxus areas being designed.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    My bet is a 10.0 announcement event shortly after 9.2 release. Probably a month at most after 9.2.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. I doubt Blizard will show up in an event risking being booed. All things considered, I think Blizzard will avoid public events for a very long time, I wish to be wrong though.

And if 10.0 is coming in early 2023, there's no need to be hasty about the 10.0 announcement before the 9.2 releases. I still think our best guess to know anything about 10.0 is the 9.2 PTR leaving some clues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm yourselves folks, your desperation is overflowing!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is what I'm thinking as well. I doubt Blizard will show up in an event risking being booed. All things considered, I think Blizzard will avoid public events for a very long time, I wish to be wrong though.

And if 10.0 is coming in early 2023, there's no need to be hasty about the 10.0 announcement before the 9.2 releases. I still think our best guess to know anything about 10.0 is the 9.2 PTR leaving some clues.
    The PR side of Blizzard will be interesting going forwards. At this point the company has somehow managed to manouvre pretty much all the blame onto Bobby Kotick. Any sensible company, or at least company focused entirely on profits would try its best to sack him to reap the massive PR boost, and yet it's a tossup whether he will manage to stay in power.

At this point I could see 10.0 getting a good reception almost purely on whether Kotick is rumoured to leave or not.

Wanna know what I’m gonna bet? For y’all to not overinvest yourselves lol.

So, what did the First Ones do anyway? Did they CREATE the Forces, and then create the Zereths/framework + Automa + Reality, because they saw that the initial discord of the powers was all fucked, hence returning to the drawing board? Or did they simply balance out the forces?

Because…if they were in fact the “Creators”, then the second option wouldn’t really make them creators/architects. Just…the guys that supported them.

At this point I could see 10.0 getting a good reception almost purely on whether Kotick is rumoured to leave or not.
    LMAO, so true. The times have changed, but people still like to watch executions.

My theory really stays the same, but more so in that there is a First One for each power, and after seeing all of that shit with the other forces, the First Ones came together, used the fractals of each force, created a supporting line and workshop for themselves so they could experiment on the powers some more AKA a “7th force”, then used it what they had for said experiments and “created” the Cosmos.

But 9.2 should really determine if I am right or not. If I’m wrong, then I’ll admit I’m wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

So, what did the First Ones do anyway? Did they CREATE the Forces, and then create the Zereths/framework + Automa + Reality, because they saw that the initial discord of the powers was all fucked, hence returning to the drawing board? Or did they simply balance out the forces?

Because…if they were in fact the “Creators”, then the second option wouldn’t really make them creators/architects. Just…the guys that supported them.
    It seems they simply ordered the forces. However that hardly an indictment on them just playing a supporting role. Making a wooden cabin isn't playing a supporting role to the wood just because you didn't grow the tree yourself.
    If the first ones found the universe chaotic and with 6 competing forces they are no less responsible for "making" the universe just because they out it all into a solid framework and ensured it would work like it currently does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I'm so bored. I tried so many games and MMO's recently, but nothing delights me, the only one that kept me entertained for a while, isn't coming anytime soon.