Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's the non raiders that are still around then if you are seeing it being crowded. For NA I have had trouble finding a sanctum raid group. It's never been this bad before even when there was a content drought.

I'm glad your server isn't dead...?

Was there a point to this thread or did you happen to see someone say something somewhere else that you didn't like and are now making a whole-ass thread about it rather than just responding there?

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I'm glad your server isn't dead...?

Was there a point to this thread or did you happen to see someone say something somewhere else that you didn't like and are now making a whole-ass thread about it rather than just responding there?
    God forbid there ever be threads that discuss anything other than why boosting is bad.

God forbid there ever be threads that discuss anything other than why boosting is bad.
    I never said anything about boosting but alrighty. My point was more that there's not really a discussion to be had.

He says there are a lot of people playing on the server he's on.

Neat. I'm glad he has people to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I never said anything about boosting but alrighty. My point was more that there's not really a discussion to be had.

He says there are a lot of people playing on the server he's on.

Neat. I'm glad he has people to play with.
    I mean, there isn't much of merit in most of the discussions on this forum. I agree this thread is exceptionally vapid; but it is, at the very least, attempting to approach discussion from an angle that isn't "Blizzard has kicked my puppy and I need to let the world know how angry I am." I've noticed a lot of threads of recent tend to get stuck in the "WoW is P2W," "boosting is ruining the game," "if Blizzard cared they'd remove the WoW token" feedback loop which is why I mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude, what the fuck? If you're going to disagree with me at least acknowledge my argument. Am I just to believe that the only people who know anything about WoW are the ones who conveniently associate random systems with whatever subscriber losses they feel fit their arguments? That seems like a pretty tall order considering we have verifiable information which directly contradicts that claim from a guy (Ghostcrawler) who has actually seen WoW's retention data. To quote:

You can call me a Blizzard white knight if you'd like but I'm a lot more likely to believe the word of the guy whose job used to be to react to the game's retention data then some YouTuber or streamer who is obviously farming negativity for views.
    Hey Mr White Knight, the quote you posted has nothing to do with the argument you are trying to put forward. The quote is about why people quit not about the number of them quitting.

Did you perhaps mean to pull another quote or did you just not have an argument that doesn't boil down to "Numbers bad, must be wrong"?

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol no, giga dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It has 20k viewers on Twitch. It has less viewers than the ASMR channel.
    A video game has less viewers than a section where a lot of the streamers have big breasts, show a lot of cleavage, and lick things on stream....who would of thunk it?

Thats only because your playing on a very high Pop realm (also this goes for almost every single realm in general)

CRZ BS = Makes it feel like even in huge content drought times the game feels very alive and populated on your server.

If we didn't have CRZ BS your server would not feel lively at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just noticed more extremely in 9.1.5 that the activity in my realm and looks like not just mine have seem to increased a bit.
    When i go to Korthia, it is crowded from quest hub till any spot in the zone. Same goes to areas like Stormwind, Oribos, Goldshire. they seem to have increased to older state of activity.

Might just be a me thing, but the game seems to be far more active then people online make it believe to be.

Showing the trend of WoW being back at a stable 50-60k twitch views shows that interest seems to be back.

I know most of here arent subbed and got no real opinion to bring in because they don't experience it themself, but the game isn't doing as bad as most of you make it appear to be.
    Be careful, you’re going to make a lot of twitch and YouTube heroes really angry now…

No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Be careful, you’re going to make a lot of twitch and YouTube heroes really angry now…
    Nothing to be angry about, more pity. Pity that OP didn't realize he was looking at several different servers gathered in the same spot to give the illusion of a population.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Nothing to be angry about, more pity. Pity that OP didn't realize he was looking at several different servers gathered in the same spot to give the illusion of a population.
    Are you one of the registered loyal doomsayers letting us know we are all dead in a dead game?.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The idea that cross server’s just give a false sense of lively hood seems rather nonsensical pretty much no other MMO has as many servers as wow so why would linking multiples into mega severs in all by name be a bad thing when every other game is already functioning the same way?

The only real separation is The AH and mythic raiding but other wise the server clusters might as well be just the servers in of them selfs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Are you one of the registered loyal doomsayers letting us know we are all dead in a dead game?.
    No, I'm the registered person that reminds people of mechanics that have existed for almost a decade.

So trade chat has literally anything but boosting ads in it and cities arent ghost towns again?

10+ Year Old Account
    ♪ Ground Control to Major Cope... ♫

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you one of the registered loyal bootlickers letting us know we are all wrong for calling a dead game dead?

See, I can make stupid sweeping generalizations too!

To OP: This is what sharding does. It merges servers to make the game feel less dead. It's rare that it actually works properly (see: all leveling zones), but sometimes it does work. It doesn't mean that the game is doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Are you one of the registered loyal bootlickers letting us know we are all wrong for calling a dead game dead?

See, I can make stupid sweeping generalizations too!

To OP: This is what sharding does. It merges servers to make the game feel less dead. It's rare that it actually works properly (see: all leveling zones), but sometimes it does work. It doesn't mean that the game is doing great.
    Yes, 100% correct. Thanks for being here to remind us that we are all dead. Your hobby is highly effective.