Iconic Rave Class Combos that need class skins

Hey all, trying to come up with an attractive lots of iconic race class combos that deserve to have a unique class skin because that class has special meaning or deep connections to that race from either lore, previous expansions and games etc.

Iconic is def:
    1. An institution amongst the race
    2. A lore intensive section of the race (whether it's huge currently or not- looking at you NElf DHs)
    3. It really is a different concept/base that stands out - whether it's popular for the race in lore or not (looking at you Sunwalkers)

I will give examples of the ones I think are a go and why some actually don’t need a class skin

I’ll go per race. Each Race has something like 2 - 4 or even 5 classes that have either heavy lore or involvement. Some of these need to stand out, but some of these are already the generic class

Human Iconic Classes
    Warrior - needs no skin Arms and protection are literally modelled after then
    Priest - again needs no skin the priest class disc/holy is modelled after humans
    Paladin - same, class modelled after then
    Mage- same, class is modelled after high elves (not playable) and human version of magecraft.

Blood Elf:
    Mage: A blood mage skin and Phoenix fire mage skin - my opinion: skin the frost spec to blood, fire is pretty much been turned into a blood elf model
    Hunter: Ranger Farstrider skin is a must. Survival if you skin Ranger will be swapping plant for dual world sword. BM and Mm will ha e different names, icons etc
    Paladin - because they changed Blood Knight paladin to be like normal human ones. Presumably the humans and high elves have been developed together when these classes were introduced in the RTS and the lore over then revealed No skins needed
    Priest: Sun Priest - I don't think this is really a thing, but it woudl be awesome if it was, maybe a minor sect that became hugely popular when those high elves became blood elves, and they can expand on that.
    Warlock: warlocks are not iconic amongst blood elves, but amongst Illidari, you kinda sense Illidari that wiled spells can do pretty much things warlocks do but with fel magic instead, as a compromsie to not giving us a range DH spec, an Illidari DH warlock s kin

Night Elf:
    Druid - no skin needed, the class every race place is modelled on their version of it. Although could have a Valewalker skin that's more arcane/nature focused
    Priest - def Moon Priest skin needed
    Demon Hunter - class also modelled on them via Illidan - we are literally playing the melee side ofodan on this class - no skin needed
    Mage - Star Mage skin for the iconic Moonguard and Highborne night elf lore
    Rogue -Warden skin maybe male avail too female night elves only
    Hunter - sentinel skin

Orcs:
    Shaman - class is modelled after their version, no skin needed
    Warrior - while fury is modelled after them, Blademester skin might be interesting
    Warlock - class is modelled after their version from WC2, no skin needed
    Hunter - BM is def modelled after them, a proper Beast Master skin could work

Tauren:
    Shaman - Tuaren shamanism and orc shamnism are very similar - no skin needed
    Hunter - Tauren survival legion onwards was modelled on them and trolls.. I don't really see them as the bow type. No skin needed
    Druid - while not quite as iconci in lore, it's time Tauren had a skin that felt more their own, Grove tender or somthing - rather than the night elf based arcane /nature balance - make it based on the seasons, swap arcane spells for earth vine spells.
    Sunwalker priest and paladins - again not iconic in the terms of lorewise It isn't popular amongst Tauren at all, however it's so unique, and it def isn't priest or pala in the usual sense - those images just don't fit Tauren, they definitely need a class skin here. Sunwalker

Troll:
    Shaman - Witch Doctor Skin
    Priest - Loa Priest skin
    Hunter - Shadow hunter skin
    Warrior - Beserker skin

Dwarves:
    Warrior: Mountain King/Barbarian skin
    Hunter: Mountaineer skin
    Shaman: Gryphon Rider skin - it's actually this that is popular amongst Wildhammers, not shaman in the sense of how orcs do it.
    Priest: Titan priest - now this isn't exactly in lore, but maybe because Dwarves haven't been gven much attention, it would likely be new post RTS thing, cos during the RTS they did it like the humans.

Draenei:
    Priest: Ancorite skin (they are unique enough to look and feel different from human priests - there shadow skin is based on outland Auchindouin death priests)
    Paladin: Exarch Skin - again while same faith, they are alien enough to be different with a skin. Same spec names, just different spell names and effects colours perhaps?
    Mage: Artificier mage - like a techno mage, while there is very little lore on deliving into them, we are told they are very gifted and it's a huge thing amongst them, blizz just haven't shown much of it - reminds me of the night elf mages/arcane wing and Moon Priests we didn't see hardly anything of till Legion/BFA but were huge in lore

Forsaken:
    Priest: a death/shadow priest skin
    Hunter: one entirely based on undeath (it will turn your pet undead)

There are so many others:

Nightborne:
    Warrior : Duskguard skin lots of arcane effects in their abilities
    Rogue: Spellblade skin with lots of arcane effects
    Mage: Star mage skin like night elves
    Priest: Moon Priest skin like night elves

Void elves:
    Priest: Void Priest skin
    Mage: Locus Walker skin
    Rogue: Riftblade skin

Zandalari:
    Priest: Loa Priest
    Paladin: Loa Warrior skin
    Druid: Gonker skin

KT
    Shaman: Tidesage skin
    Druid: Drust skin

Dark Irons:
    Shaman: Thermatauge skin

Lightforged:
    Priest: Xeranite skin
    Hunter: Lightseeker skin

Other classes are not iconic to the troll race, nor does special unique lore exist.

Potential new race class combos that skins can actually make sense:

e.g.
    Blood elf druid: Botanist skin
    Nightborne druid: Valewalker skin
    Nightborne/Night elf Shaman: Star Augur skin
    Void elf paladin or DK: Void Knight skin
    Night elf/Night borne Paladin: Night warrior skin
    Night elf warlock: Illidari fel lord skin
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-11-26 at 05:05 PM.

Interesting, although I'm not sure what it is you really wish.
    Sentinel and Warden skins, you talk about armor or spells ? Or both ?
    What about the skin for the HE Ranger ? What is the point of changing the icons and names of spells ?

I guess if it comes to class skins lore appropriate I'd go with :

KT humans
    Priest : Watery spells for Tidesages

Orcs
    Monk and Warrior : Fire spells for Blademaster maybe

Undead and Void elves
    Priest : Shadow spells instead of Light

Lightforged and Draenei
    Priest : Light spells instead of Shadows

Trolls
    Shaman : Light and Shadow spells for Shadow hunters

Taurens
    Paladin : Fire spells for Sunwalkers

Nightborne
    Mage and Priest : Stellar spells

Goblin and Gnomes
    Hunter and Rogue : Electric and gizmo spells for special agents and engineers
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2021-11-26 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Interesting, although I'm not sure what it is you really wish.
    Sentinel and Warden skins, you talk about armor or spells ? Or both ?
    What about the skin for the HE Ranger ? What is the point of changing the icons and names of spells ?

I guess if it comes to class skins lore appropriate I'd go with :

KT humans
    Priest : Watery spells for Tidesages

Orcs
    Monk and Warrior : Fire spells for Blademaster maybe

Undead and Void elves
    Priest : Shadow spells instead of Light

Lightforged and Draenei
    Priest : Light spells instead of Shadows

Trolls
    Shaman : Light and Shadow spells for Shadow hunters

Taurens
    Paladin : Fire spells for Sunwalkers

Nightborne
    Mage and Priest : Stellar spells

Goblin and Gnomes
    Hunter and Rogue : Electric and gizmo spells for special agents and engineers
    I’m thinking that Tauren should have Sunwalkers stuff around fire. And it can be a connection to blood elves.

But it would have to be totally different. In a way that fits the Tauren.

Bonfires should be a huge thing amongst Tauren, like a party side of the Tauren, but primitive style.

It’s where they bring the kills from the hunts, tell stories about their history and exchange

I think the Middommer festival should be greatly expanded and be from the Tauren. Blood elf fire is more mage/ intellectual based

It’s a shame blizzard didn’t connect blood elves to Arrakoa.

If Tol’vir join the alliance (with Mogu) horde, they could bring the sun thing to the alliance

Or they could use the high elves for that, but I’m not so keen

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol so instead of this just add new armors and glyphs xd thats all

I don't think "skins" are needed, per say.

As the above said, we could just use glyphs for all.

So, for example:
    Priest's healing spells could be turned "white." This would please the kaldorei/shal'dorei fanbase
    A glyph for Arcane spells to revert back to their old "white" glow. I think this would suit Night Elves, Humans, Blood Elves and Gnomes the most.

Maybe have some "class skins" that could allow the Elven and Human/Undead Hunters to have a "Dark Ranger" skin.
    Maybe give Blood Elf Warlocks some of the Blood Elf Demon Hunter features, like the fel glowing eyes, maybe a blindfold for the men and some of the rusty skin shades.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Blood Elf:
    Mage: A blood mage skin the frost spec to blood
    That can be great.
    Priest: Sun Priest - I don't think this is really a thing, but it woudl be awesome if it was, maybe a minor sect that became hugely popular when those high elves became blood elves, and they can expand on that.
    It can be skin for shadow. All skills the same, just diff icons and visuals for shadow spells.
    Night Elf:
    Again, just make silver tone and not gold one and change names to Elune/Moon and we are good.
    Its not like its been iconic. And for that - we have Nightborne elves. Maybe if we will go to combine allied races to one another it could work, but for me - its just too crossing with one another.
    Rogue -Warden skin
    I'll say Warden skin ro DH.

Tauren:
    Shaman - Tauren shamanism and orc shamnism are very similar - no skin needed
    Only new HD totem model, that exists ingame.
    Sunwalker priest and paladins - again not iconic in the terms of lorewise It isn't popular amongst Tauren at all, however it's so unique, and it def isn't priest or pala in the usual sense - those images just don't fit Tauren, they definitely need a class skin here. Sunwalker
    Sun spells, more akin druid ones. No naaru shit, no human and elven things. Sun and earth.
    Troll:
    Shaman - Witch Doctor Skin
    we already have this - witch doctor more like warlock/shaman merge than a skin. But witch doctors stand totems and do hexes, and shaman already do that.
    Priest - Loa Priest skin
    Again, just a matter of words. And make light thing a little bit green. And we are golden
    Hunter - Shadow hunter skin
    Again, its hunter/shaman merge, it cant be skin. But Axethrower or spearthrower hunter will be good.
    Warrior - Beserker skin
    See fury spec warrior.
    Dwarves:
    Warrior: Mountain King/Barbarian skin
    Fury with 3 skills skills form prot spec. I dont think its worthy of new skin.
    Draenei:
    Priest: Ancorite skin (they are unique enough to look and feel different from human priests - there shadow skin is based on outland Auchindouin death priests)
    I think Holy priest already much draeneish. Naaru, light and all that stuff.

Forsaken:
    Priest: a death/shadow priest skin
    Shadow skin for holy and disc spells.

Void elves:
    See forsaken
    Zandalari:
    Priest: Loa Priest
    Paladin: Loa Warrior skin
    rename and retexture effects to some greenish ones. Rename some knight of SILVER HAND think and we are good.
    Druid: Gonker skin we have already
    KT
    Shaman: Tidesage skin
    Yes, but it will be no diff from resto shaman in a most ways.
    Druid: Drust skin allready there
    Dark Irons:
    Shaman: Thermatauge skin
    MORE LAVA THINGS, YES. Its need just retexture lightning bolt to more ynellish color (lightning atop vulcan) and its probably it.

Lightforged:
    Priest: Xeranite skin
    I'll say that it need shadow spec reskined to Light one. With same function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in every other thread about this topic, the Glyph system would serve this purpose best. It's already implemented into the game so Blizzard just needs to pull the trigger.

Somebody on the official forums thought of a good idea. Much like you can attain "appearance sets" that with 1 click gives you all the appearance slots, you could do the same for Glyphs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept but the amount of extra work would be insane. I think on some level blizzard already regrets promising every race heritage armor. Race/class specific combos are even more niche.

I wish they'd just go ahead and implement those visible trinket/decoration slots they talked a ton about prior to legion, that had a big emphasis on visually playing up class/race fantasy

This is interesting. Along with silver/blue light for Night Elf priestesses, give them some armor sets that look more like Tyrande's, as opposed to the long clergy-like robes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    I like the concept but the amount of extra work would be insane. I think on some level blizzard already regrets promising every race heritage armor. Race/class specific combos are even more niche.
    Blizzard is fully capable of making beautiful and unique transmog sets. How hard can it be to make heritage armor for the remaining classes?

Techno warrior

I would just like some more Dwarven themed armor and two-handed maces/axes that don't feel like you're holding a toothpick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my earth/nature themed tauren balance druid back =( I changed her to feral even though I don't like it nearly as much as balance but I just can't stand having a space themed tauren who casts nothing but stars and moons instead of hurricanes, insect swarms, and other earthy looking spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just like in every other thread about this topic, the Glyph system would serve this purpose best. It's already implemented into the game so Blizzard just needs to pull the trigger.

Somebody on the official forums thought of a good idea. Much like you can attain "appearance sets" that with 1 click gives you all the appearance slots, you could do the same for Glyphs.
    I honestly don't know how they haven't done this already. There are a ton of options for travel form models you can change to but we are so lacking in race themed spell variations.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    That can be great.
    High five. Right on bro. Would be pretty neat.

It can be skin for shadow. All skills the same, just diff icons and visuals for shadow spells.
    My thoughts exactly, it could be pretty cool

[
    Again, just make silver tone and not gold one and change names to Elune/Moon and we are good.
    Yes, and the AoE holy spells would be arcane ones with star/moon names like starfall/shards

Its not like its been iconic. And for that - we have Nightborne elves. Maybe if we will go to combine allied races to one another it could work, but for me - its just too crossing with one another.
    Stars is iconic to night elves, and this form of arcane is used in priests, mages and druids too - pretty much the 3 main classes in their lore - which let’s face it - children of the stars fir a racial name doesn’t get more obvious.

but it is also the part of Nightborne that is most night elven - I mean they are a night elf race too right?. Since Nightborne Druidism hasnt happened yet and there is no lore on Elune. It is the star magic of their mages that matches those cast by Moonguard night elf mages, Moon Priestesses and druids that ties them strongest to the playable Kaldorei ( they literally are the historical Kaldorei - so need nothing more to show it)

It also is the best way to distinguish both night elf and Nightborne mages from other races. Almost as if “they’ve been doing this so long they were even able to reach the stars”

If you ask, I would go one up and give both races different skins. Then the star Mage would go to the Kaldorei because this is that Kaldorei aspect we see in Nightborne. For some thing different for Nightborne mages that the night elves don’t have, that would be chrono mage magic. So I’d give them a chronomage skin

So we can give them that skin

Whiles give Nightborne warrior Duskguard, rogue spell blade skins arcane star magic , knowing full well night elf rogues and warriors won’t have.

I'll say Warden skin ro DH.
    Actually that also makes a lot of sense
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-11-29 at 04:27 AM.

Genie has been out of the bottle since female Night Elves were allowed to be Druids.

Dwarf
    Shaman: Gryphon Rider skin - it's actually this that is popular amongst Wildhammers, not shaman in the sense of how orcs do it.
    Really is a shame that WoW doesn't do mounted combat in general.

Dwarf
    Priest: Titan priest
    The dwarves don't worship the Titans, though. Bronzebeards worship the Light. Wildhammers worship the Light and the elementals. Dark Irons make pacts with Fire elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    I like the concept but the amount of extra work would be insane.
    With the billions that Blizzard rakes in, they can easily afford to hire a few artists to work on this.

Sunwalkers not only really need custom spells, but they need actual unique armor. People keep thinking we are Light worshipping paladins because our art and NPCs only ever depict us wearing typical paladin and vindicator armor. We need something like this:

Many races in general really need armors for their classes.

Only new HD totem model, that exists ingame.
    Agreed - I think to make this work, it would be cool if Tauren shaman and arrior had unique race animations that used their totem poles.

Saying that, every race can have unique animations that will swap their main weapon out for an iconic racial wepon or two. Like the tauuren totem pole.

I can see certain elf calsses swapping to a bow for certain abilities and a glaive for other s (both the night and Thalassian elves use bows and glaives)..The mon glaive and sentinel glaive would be unique to night elves and nightborne, while the totem would be unique to Tauren and highmountain.

Sun spells, more akin druid ones. No naaru shit, no human and elven things. Sun and earth.
    we already have this - witch doctor more like warlock/shaman merge than a skin. But witch doctors stand totems and do hexes, and shaman already do that.
    We do, but it could be more pronounced don't you think? For starters, it wouldbe called the Witch Doctor once you take the skikn "i.e. see a trainer in game), but there'd bot other changes, like some spells switched to shadow instead of what shaman normally use - like efinitely the lava burst spells will get a unique shadow version with it's own effects.

[QUOTE=Dancaris;53491102]
    Again, just a matter of words. And make light thing a little bit green. And we are golden [/quote

Yep, ..some of these for class skins are just name and spell name changes, that's it, while others are fine with the extra step of a change in colour, there a few in some of these examples that would completely change the look and feel of the ability, though it would be the same ability - it's not reworking an ability from a sytem's point of view, just from an art and name/description point of view

Again, its hunter/shaman merge, it cant be skin. But Axethrower or spearthrower hunter will be good.
    Indeed, again, the bow is iconic to the elf - while you can use it in a normal hunter skin, actually it should b quite rare, if troll, shrowing axes and spears should be the main thing

See fury spec warrior.

Fury with 3 skills skills form prot spec. I dont think its worthy of new skin.

I think Holy priest already much draeneish. Naaru, light and all that stuff.
    Some skins are just name changes, sometimes just the name of the class and the spec needs to change.. the the Beserker and Mountain King are a erfect example..although to make it more special they can change one major ability to feel more iconic..like DHs had that blade/dance and Eyebeam - just to make it feel differnet they just altar or make a special animaiton for a signature ability.

Shadow skin for holy and disc spells.

See forsaken
    My thoughts exactly, for both. However I think I would now separate void and death in the priest. Shadow spec is now clearly void, however nothing exists for death, which is actually what the forsaken are great at, not void - ever since they distinguished the two.

So the Void elf priest and Forsaken priest would have different versions of their holy/disc replacements. Void elf priests would largely use void magic replacements for holy, and forsaken would use death.

rename and retexture effects to some greenish ones. Rename some knight of SILVER HAND think and we are good.
    Indeed, I just hope when they do this, they'd introduce them with lore and more depth.

Druid: Gonker skin we have already
    Yes, but it's not just the animal forms. They should get rid of the lunar/solar thing and star thing which is tbh very night elven, rpelace it with a life/death balance or waking/dreaming balance since the loa are very emerald dream based.

Yes, but it will be no diff from resto shaman in a most ways.
    Yes, that's fine too, however tidesages have priest and mage elements to them, so the spell rename and effects would reflectt hat. Example lava burst will be a water sprout instead, so some of the way the shaman use elemental spells will switch.. instead of having a fire and earth elemental as the two main pets, it would be water and earth elemental.. etc.

Druid: Drust skin allready there
    Same as Gonker's, replace the moon/star spells with vines and roots/ earth stuff - make their focus balance between the seasons rather than arcane and nature, which is a very elven based thing. they couldfocus on death and life since that was the heart of the drust story, while gonkers focus on waking and sleeping, Worgen on harvest - i.e. the seasons, and tauren on wet and dry

MORE LAVA THINGS, YES. Its need just retexture lightning bolt to more ynellish color (lightning atop vulcan) and its probably it.
    I like you! Yes, definitely MOR ELAVA THINGS. Looking at the dark irons in BRD, and i can see why they gave the shaman class to them, but they aren't technically shaman, they specialise in the fire elementals which can be viewed as a branch of shamanism, but to a dwarf, shamanism would be a branch of whatever Flamecaster or lava wielder they were. This needs to come across I think

I'll say that it need shadow spec reskined to Light one. With same function.
    Definitely, I think that would be so cool too and it would have light/Naaru names. It would also reskin discipline, replacing it's shadow/void elements with Light ones.

Rave Class - abilities must be timed with the beat, CDs to be used @ bass drop.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-11-29 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Blood Elf:
    Mage: A blood mage skin and Phoenix fire mage skin - my opinion: skin the frost spec to blood, fire is pretty much been turned into a blood elf model
    Hunter: Ranger Farstrider skin is a must. Survival if you skin Ranger will be swapping plant for dual world sword. BM and Mm will ha e different names, icons etc
    Paladin - because they changed Blood Knight paladin to be like normal human ones. Presumably the humans and high elves have been developed together when these classes were introduced in the RTS and the lore over then revealed No skins needed
    Warlock: warlocks are not iconic amongst blood elves, but amongst Illidari, you kinda sense Illidari that wiled spells can do pretty much things warlocks do but with fel magic instead, as a compromsie to not giving us a range DH spec, an Illidari DH warlock s kin

Night Elf:
    Druid - no skin needed, the class every race place is modelled on their version of it. Although could have a Valewalker skin that's more arcane/nature focused
    Demon Hunter - class also modelled on them via Illidan - we are literally playing the melee side ofodan on this class - no skin needed
    Hunter - sentinel skin

Nightborne:
    Warrior : Duskguard skin lots of arcane effects in their abilities
    Rogue: Spellblade skin with lots of arcane effects
    Mage: Star mage skin like night elves
    Priest: Moon Priest skin like night elves

Void elves:
    Mage: Locus Walker skin
    Rogue: Riftblade skin

Potential new race class combos that skins can actually make sense:

e.g.
    Blood elf druid: Botanist skin
    Nightborne druid: Valewalker skin
    Nightborne/Night elf Shaman: Star Augur skin
    Void elf paladin or DK: Void Knight skin
    Night elf/Night borne Paladin: Night warrior skin
    Night elf warlock: Illidari fel lord skin
    1. Void elf Riftblades are warriors

2. Void knight paladin skin for void elves and Night warrior paladin skin for Night elves would be hugely popular - especially with the option to be a regular paladin in addition

3. Racial weapons like Tauren totems, and elven glaives/bows actually being used for thier own race's unique version of the classes would be hugely popular

4. An extend racials system, where you can substitute certain class spells with racial versions would also be hugely popular. e.g. you can actually have night elves use a star aoe spell like star fall, and a handful of other moon/star spells, void elves can use some void versions of spells, nightborne some chrono magic versions, blood elves some fire or blood spell versions - each race has a set of abilities - 1 single spell, 1 aoe spell, 1 special ability spell, 1 melee ability with a racial weapon, one melee aoe spell, 1 healing spell, 1 healing aoe spell - the spells are based on the racial theme of the race

Night elf - star/moon spells and weapons: glaive, bow, moon glaive
    void elves - void spells and weapons are bow, glaive
    lightforged - light spells weaopns are light based hammers
    Draenei - artifice crystal technology/splls - weapons are crystal hammers

Blood elves - blood/ fire sun spells and weapons: bows, glaives
    Trolls: voodoo/nature spells - and weapons: throwing axes, spears

Tauren: - earth/sun spells weapons are totems

etc etc

5. It would be cool if night elves had access to warlocks via Illidari options, shaman skin as star augurs, and Nightborne had druids as valewalkers, Blood elves as botanists, and void elves had some cool void druid class learnt from helping the druids with the nightmare.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I don't think "skins" are needed, per say.

As the above said, we could just use glyphs for all.

So, for example:
    Priest's healing spells could be turned "white." This would please the kaldorei/shal'dorei fanbase
    A glyph for Arcane spells to revert back to their old "white" glow. I think this would suit Night Elves, Humans, Blood Elves and Gnomes the most.

Maybe have some "class skins" that could allow the Elven and Human/Undead Hunters to have a "Dark Ranger" skin.
    Maybe give Blood Elf Warlocks some of the Blood Elf Demon Hunter features, like the fel glowing eyes, maybe a blindfold for the men and some of the rusty skin shades.
    Yea, I see alot of skins this, skins that, while it's confusing, I see the idea behind it. Glyphs for spells should be expanded, ive said it before.
    But for example if we ever see Night elf paladin being added, coloring the light, white for that race/class combo would be a welcome permanent thing and not perse calling it a skin or a glyph. I am not sure how a skin would work the way OP is talking about. That seems like a complete package, spells, character etc.

Offering it in the forms of glyphs would mean more room for costumization or switch certain effects off that you don't like, instead of you took the KT water glyph, so now eveything is water, while maybe you would have liked just seeing frostbolt like that. This is like the Nightborne herritage armor, it looks cool, but remove 1 thing and the whole set doesn't work, while these hippieces could be cool without the robe, see what I mean? Glyphs would help with being more specific with spells, just give us tons off options and not 4 for rogues, 20 for mages and 30 for druids with just different bearforms or what ever.
    Possibilities are endless, I just don't see them execute this in a way we players have REAL room to costumize and not like most of the stuff we get, making it SEEM like we have options. We see through those lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Genie has been out of the bottle since female Night Elves were allowed to be Druids.

Really is a shame that WoW doesn't do mounted combat in general.

The dwarves don't worship the Titans, though. Bronzebeards worship the Light. Wildhammers worship the Light and the elementals. Dark Irons make pacts with Fire elementals.

With the billions that Blizzard rakes in, they can easily afford to hire a few artists to work on this.

Sunwalkers not only really need custom spells, but they need actual unique armor. People keep thinking we are Light worshipping paladins because our art and NPCs only ever depict us wearing typical paladin and vindicator armor. We need something like this:

Many races in general really need armors for their classes.

They should realy focus more on each race and have their own unique feels in terms of spells, looks and that also means more race centered gear. I fully agree on that.

Personal I never like the sunwalker concept the whole sun bit was and will always feel more like a blood elf thing and I remember the cata feature trailer when we saw a tauren doing a divine storm made me laugh out loud at the time and I still dont like it. From all new combos added back then, Tauren paladin was absolutely the worst, no offence tho, I just still think the this class/race combo is retarded.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-11-30 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea, I see alot of skins this, skins that, while it's confusing, I see the idea behind it. Glyphs for spells should be expanded, ive said it before.
    But for example if we ever see Night elf paladin being added, coloring the light, white for that race/class combo would be a welcome permanent thing and not perse calling it a skin or a glyph. I am not sure how a skin would work the way OP is talking about. That seems like a complete package, spells, character etc.

Offering it in the forms of glyphs would mean more room for costumization or switch certain effects off that you don't like, instead of you took the KT water glyph, so now eveything is water, while maybe you would have liked just seeing frostbolt like that. This is like the Nightborne herritage armor, it looks cool, but remove 1 thing and the whole set doesn't work, while these hippieces could be cool without the robe, see what I mean? Glyphs would help with being more specific with spells, just give us tons off options and not 4 for rogues, 20 for mages and 30 for druids with just different bearforms or what ever.
    Possibilities are endless, I just don't see them execute this in a way we players have REAL room to costumize and not like most of the stuff we get, making it SEEM like we have options. We see through those lies.

- - - Updated - - -

They should realy focus more on each race and have their own unique feels in terms of spells, looks and that also means more race centered gear. I fully agree on that.

Personal I never like the sunwalker concept the whole sun bit was and will always feel more like a blood elf thing and I remember the cata feature trailer when we saw a tauren doing a divine storm made me laugh out loud at the time and I still dont like it. From all new combos added back then, Tauren paladin was absolutely the worst, no offence tho, I just still think the this class/race combo is retarded.
    It's touches like that, that really ma theplayer experience and the involvement of the world more special.

A gneeric warrior is one thing, but if for some races that warrior was really special, or had special features like the void, the sun or the stars, then playing that race's version of warrior can at least look and feel different.

You would know a race is special in this field or has special lore or great history because it has a unique skin to it, and you feel somewhat different.

I think many of the examples the OP gave are good. This shouldn't be limited to traditional classes races are good at, but should also include really unique class concepts certain races have in a class. Tauren Sunwalkers is an example of the last point - Sunwalkers aren't significant to Tauren in most of their lore, so ordinarily won't qualify, but they're so unique and different they should.

Not to mentiong some new identities can emerge.

Finally racial weapons incorporated should also be a thing, certain races do have unique weapons or unique magic (some both) that I think in that race's particular case, maybe they should swap out the conventional spell or conventional animation to one that uses the racial weapon and racial spell signature.

an example is the void elf, a void elf mage would swap some for the standard frost/fire or arcane spells with void versions, a night elf mage would swap some with star/moon spells. Their melee classes would sometimes use a bow or glaive to do some of the special attacks instead of the equipped weapon (although it would use the equipped weapon stats - unless they want to add a new armor slot - for racial weapon - but that might mean more work - could be exciting though).

My proposal:
    1. Only very iconic race/class combos should get skins
    2. All races should have some race based weapon / racial spells that reflect them - that can substitute certain abilities in each class (you can either glyph back the generic class version if you like that or glyph in the racial version.

Iconic must haves:
    1. Warden skin - rogue skin for Night elves
    2. Moon Priest - priest skin for night elves and Nightborne
    3. Moonguard - mage skin for night elves/Nightborne (get Duskguard name change)
    4. Star Augur - shaman skin for nightborne/night elves

5. Farstrider - Hunter skin for Blood elves and void elves
    6. Blood Mage - Mage skin for Blood elves
    7. Spellbreaker - Paladin skin for Blood elves and Void elves

8. Runemaster - Mage skin for Dwarves
    9. Farseer - Shaman skin for Tauren and Orcs
    10. Witch Doctor - Shaman skin for Trolls/Zandalari

11. Blademaster - warrior skin for Orcs
    12. Necromancer - warlock skin for humans, forsaken, blood elves and void elves

Racial magic types and weapons:
    Night elves: star/moon spells, glaives and bows
    Blood elves: sun arcane spells, glaives and bows
    Void elves: void spells, bows and glaives
    Lightforged : Light spells, crystal weapons
    Nightborne: star/moon spells, arcane spells, conjured weapons

Tauren: earth spells and totem.
    Troll: hex spells, throwing axes
    Orc: fist weapon, axe
    Dwarf: titan spells, Axes

I'll complete the list later.