Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But sure, Biden maybe sounds a bit mean about it sometimes.
    yeah on the topic of joe biden, he's not a loud asshole like trump but he really does not strike me as a nice person even with the soft-spoken tone

he's a pretty bad orator
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden maybe sounds a bit mean about it sometimes.
    What bit mean parts? I didn't hear any, therefore by @YUPPIE 's logic, they don't exist. Or even if they did exist, they were really hard to hear, so nobody heard them.

By his own logic, we can summarily handwave his concerns and move on. I mean, if he's allowed to handwave social programs in the US -- like, all of them -- with "if they even exist", we can do that with any comments Biden might hypothetically have said, but he didn't, because I didn't hear them so they don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    yeah on the topic of joe biden, he's not a loud asshole like trump but he really does not strike me as a nice person even with the soft-spoken tone

he's a pretty bad orator
    So friggin what?

If that's the standard you have for a world leader, your standards are abominably low and completely irrelevant to the actual work.

But kudos on refusing to defend your prior bullshit and just deflecting to a brand-new bit of malicious bad-faith garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What bit mean parts? I didn't hear any, therefore by @YUPPIE 's logic, they don't exist. Or even if they did exist, they were really hard to hear, so nobody heard them.
    I'm not slavishly hanging on his every public statement, so I was making some general allowances for the possibility, is all.

I'm anything but a Biden fan, but this absolutely garbage horseshit is the worst the right wing can throw at him. Because all the issues I have with him are reasons they should love him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not slavishly hanging on his every public statement, so I was making some general allowances for the possibility, is all.
    Well, if you didn't hear them, then they don't exist. That's @YUPPIE 's stated logic. You can just handwave the issue and move on.

Blue states really are holding hostage the BBB for SALT cap increases

What a fucking joke of a party that stands for the rights of rich people

Want to reduce the deficit, dont increase the CAP. Better yet do away with it entirely

frankly aggressive requests
    But I thought you liked aggressive.

And I'm not even against vaccinations.
    Super bad ass people get their shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Want to reduce the deficit, dont increase the CAP. Better yet do away with it entirely
    They're also increasing income taxes on the wealthy and IRS enforcement. This is what's referred to as revenue.

Did you prefer it under Trump where he gave the rich a huge tax cut and gave everyone else tariffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the White House decorations.

Where's the shock and horror? These are so... Plainly christmassy. Where are the cones of weeping blood and smell of microwaved Big Macs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't defend that SALT tends to help those on the wealthier side. It is objectively the case. About 4 out of 5/5 out of 6 people taking SALT deductions are over $100k income. That's down from 91%, by the way. (I am one of the remainders, and for context, I have a $140,000 house and a $60,000 income, I am not rich, but I am outnumbered) So while it still leans heavily towards the rich, it now leans less heavily.

Two things of note, however:
    1) To the best of my knowledge the SALT cap is $10,000 for single or married people filing jointly, and $5000 for married filing singly. There was an attempt to raise the married part in 2019.
    2) Property values tend to go up in cities, and cities tend to vote blue.

I agree that it's not worth holding BBB hostage.

More information on the SALT cap can be found here.

Honestly, the representatives of blue, rich enclaves are just representing the concerns of their voters. It’s the rhetoric around taxation and spending that’s to blame. Of course they should agitate for (what amounts to) federally subsidized local spending, when the people that would benefit live in their districts/states and vote them into office.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Man, this is an embarrassing lie for you.

- - - Updated - - -

watching this man's ongoing speech, his monotonous, repetitive, and frankly aggressive requests to get vaccinated and boosted scares me more than convince. And I'm not even against vaccinations.
    That's literally what you asked for a couple days ago.

Man, you cannot keep your lies straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    . And I'm not even against vaccinations.
    Press x to doubt
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

watching this man's ongoing speech, his monotonous, repetitive, and frankly aggressive requests to get vaccinated and boosted scares me more than convince. And I'm not even against vaccinations.
    Just get vaccinated man

The irony here is palpable, the entire GOP gave 2 trillion dollars to the rich and they sternly oppose any increase in taxes on the rich. Let's stop pretending anyone on the right is disgusted by this it's the raison d'etre of the republican party and literally their biggest accomplishment under Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Explains why you're such a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Biggest accomplishment under Trump was stacking the courts. The tax cut was second.
    Yeah, and the Democrats don’t even bother to address it.

Kavanaugh committed perjury on live TV which is up to 5 years in prison itself and they still haven’t addressed it nor them doing the proper background check the Republicans didn’t do and could hold that against them and get public will to undo the damage at least partially. But nothing in that regard even being looked at.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Impeaching him is currently impossible and, as far as I can tell, even if he’s found guilty in a court of law he keeps his lifetime appointment.
    Making him try to do his job from a prison cell while Republicans try to explain why they won't impeach him would go a long way to getting more people to vote Democrat.

Impeaching him is currently impossible and, as far as I can tell, even if he’s found guilty in a court of law he keeps his lifetime appointment.
    Let's be honest even if it was possible democrats have neither the balls or the will to do it, Biden has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to make systematic changes. From executive powers, election eligibility for presidency, transparency and the supreme court there has been virtually no movement on any of those fronts. The bare minimum of forcing the president to reveal their taxes hasn't even been pushed for.

Yeah, instead he gets to spend potentially the next 5 years in prison for perjury while the Republicans make excuses why he should retain the bench after he lied to their face to get it while also trying to explain with a straight face why they allowed him on the bench to begin with knowing he lied to their face.

And as @Draco-Onis has pointed out, the Democrats honestly lack the bills or will to do much of the stuff they need to do. Which brings me back to a theory I have pondered for a while and that being the Democrats are paid to be weak and an illusion of choice but whos main goal is to keep the masses in line and not getting to violent while also preventing any real options from getting any traction.

If Manchin and what's her face weren't standing in the way, good chance they wouldn't pretend to push as much as they have or they would magically have another 1 or 2 or however was needed to block the stuff come out against it too.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    And as @Draco-Onis has pointed out, the Democrats honestly lack the bills or will to do much of the stuff they need to do. Which brings me back to a theory I have pondered for a while and that being the Democrats are paid to be weak and an illusion of choice but whos main goal is to keep the masses in line and not getting to violent while also preventing any real options from getting any traction.

If Manchin and what's her face weren't standing in the way, good chance they wouldn't pretend to push as much as they have or they would magically have another 1 or 2 or however was needed to block the stuff come out against it too.
    This falls apart when you remember how broad the Democratic tent is, and how wildly different political views are in different parts of the US. Like, since he got elected Manchin has always been like this, he's a known quantity as a pro-coal, more pro-corporate conservative Democrat. Sinema is the newer face and has disappointed after she talked up a more progressive game and a lot of folks thought her being a part of the LBGTQ+ community might mean she's more liberal/progressive leaning. I don't think anyone has figured her out yet, she's just a money raising machine that pisses everyone off.

Democrats do lack a spine on a lot...but at the same time they'd need to have a 100% unified caucus to move on a lot of this stuff and they don't, and won't.

And if Manchin's vote wasn't needed, he'd still push back on the bill. And he'd ultimately vote against it knowing it would pass in its bigger form, which would be the "right" vote for him if he wanted to keep his seat.

Also, it wouldn't matter on the topic of impeaching a SCOTUS Justice. Senate needs to pass it with a 2/3 majority and that ain't happenin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, it wouldn't matter on the topic of impeaching a SCOTUS Justice. Senate needs to pass it with a 2/3 majority and that ain't happenin.
    As which point the Republicans would be sitting there having to explain why they want to hold the seat open for the next 5 years to let a convicted perjurer who lied during his own confirmation to their faces retain the seat.

But knowing the Democrats, they would sit there and let them play that till they get control of the Senate then THEY remove him just to shove another like him in the seat.

At this point, if the Democrats lose the majority, I hope Manchin loses his seat due to the voter suppression and gerrymandering he has effectively endorsed at this point. Honestly, not honor among thieves which is who he is protecting at this point to save his own skin when if he honestly just passed stuff that actually protected voting rights and got rid of gerrymandering, that might actually give him some good will among voters who otherwise stay him because he gives them nothing worth voting for and many don't bother just to come out and vote against the other guy.

Also hope they can take that leaked audio of him trying to get donors to do illegal stuff to save the filibuster and give him to time in the court room over it, but again, that takes the Democrats actually having a spine.....