Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's because they want to show that they are not sexist because they also put men in bikini armour.

That's it, that's the only reason. They want to score good points easily during the PR nightmare they're in.

There's no story reason or they would have added them in Legion when they added tons of new demons.
    100% this. Its only about virtue signalling and nothing else. They dont want to make the game better or more modern or else they would make the fucking game better ffs. They want to appear "good" so people give them money.

Everyone who is like "lol only morons and incels care about fruit bowls" did not understand the issue at all. Its about Blizzard being horrible scumbags and then trying to gather goodboi points by changing a 12x7 pixel painting nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So this is just off the top of my head so isn’t by any means a conclusive list but here’s a few examples.

On the character front we got people like Alex and whitemane.
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20091127172945

Then we have whole races like harpy’s and shevarra which tend to have multiple models but always dressed in or like bikinis/belly dancers more or less.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...?maxWidth=2400

And then we even still have ingame pictures which vary from sexy pirates goblin pin ups or just a focus on a huge bust.

You could also compare things like the steamy romance novels which I think are split between like 8 female focused ones 2 male and 1 that would be both but I don’t feel like finding them all at this exact second.
    Just to start this out:

I am not saying the pictures you have posted have zero sexual connotation or intention - I am just contesting your statement that this is something that heavily leans in the direction of females. That being said:

In contrast to your first example with Alexstrasza I would like to point out that we have male characters with the same type of sexual innuendos as well, e.g. Croman

Regarding the races:
    Harpies are an interesting topic, because A) that is just how harpies are always portrait in every fantasy setting ever and B) We have an (almost) completely identical male race to reflect that as well, the Mogu.
    Sure, some of them are wearing full armor, but he majority of the ones we meet ingame look like this:

That does not mean we could not have male harpies (I actually found 2-3 pictures with a google search that look like something that would fit the warcraft universe very well), but it takes away from the "we have a whole race" argument.
    Regarding the Shivarra: We currently have 2 different Shivarra models in the game. I'm 99% sure the problem here is laziness, but for the sake or argument lets assume its not - have you seen how ripped / swole the Felguard is, or did you simply subconsciously ignore it, because it is not checking the "sexy" flag in your mind?

I'll be honest, I don't think there is an equivalent to the sexy goblin calendar, but the question remains: Does there need to be one? I think I demonstrated already that it is definitely not "way more" female sexualizationin the game than male one. We just tend to ignore it, because nobody cares about it.

The Harpy example is pretty neat because it's a model designed by a woman and proclaimed as "One of my favorite things I modeled!" by her, Ariel Fain.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/B6Qb4

Just goes to show sometimes it's not about the male gaze after all, and usually these things are entirely unoffensive to real women.

though I can't speak to who drew this concept art,
    it's a much more grotesque, rather than prettied-up, version of the Harpy in the art either way.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-11-29 at 05:49 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to start this out:

I am not saying the pictures you have posted have zero sexual connotation or intention - I am just contesting your statement that this is something that heavily leans in the direction of females. That being said:

In contrast to your first example with Alexstrasza I would like to point out that we have male characters with the same type of sexual innuendos as well, e.g. Croman
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo.../9d/Croman.jpg
    there are some characters in the level of sexed up for males that’s true and with them changes some like sylvanas they may even be ahead in terms of names characters but with all of the other sources of female sexuality the game still leans very in there favour.

Regarding the races:
    Harpies are an interesting topic, because A) that is just how harpies are always portrait in every fantasy setting ever and B) We have an (almost) completely identical male race to reflect that as well, the Mogu.
    Sure, some of them are wearing full armor, but he majority of the ones we meet ingame look like this:
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo.../d2/Mogu01.jpg
    have you looked at the mogu models? They aren’t sexualized at all even the shirtless ones don’t match human muscle structure even if in art they should.

That does not mean we could not have male harpies (I actually found 2-3 pictures with a google search that look like something that would fit the warcraft universe very well), but it takes away from the "we have a whole race" argument.
    while we could have male harpies and have them be just as sexualized for the moment we don’t so it’s kinda moot point.

[Regarding the Shivarra: We currently have 2 different Shivarra models in the game. I'm 99% sure the problem here is laziness, but for the sake or argument lets assume its not - have you seen how ripped / swole the Felguard is, or did you simply subconsciously ignore it, because it is not checking the "sexy" flag in your mind?
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo..._minion%29.jpg
    we actually have about 5 variations of shivarra as of 9.3 only one is wearing more then a belly dancer/bikini and that one is only used in a couple of places.

As to felguard while they are ripped just being muscular isn’t the same as being sexualized.

Compare it to the incubus, face is butt ugly no abs or Adonis belt no ass on display.

Just having pecs isn’t the equivalent of the belly dancer model let alone the ones like these.

I'll be honest, I don't think there is an equivalent to the sexy goblin calendar, but the question remains: Does there need to be one? I think I demonstrated already that it is definitely not "way more" female sexualizationin the game than male one. We just tend to ignore it, because nobody cares about it.
    I mean If you want to say sexualization goes both way there absolutely needs to be as having 15+ examples of female sexualization in different picture through out the game even after they took out a couple compared to 3 or 4 male examples is in fact way more.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-29 at 06:32 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to start this out:

Don't forget about this:

And this:

And this:

In fact pretty much a lot of orc men show their chest/nipples. Kargath and Ner'zhul also come to mind.

And of course this:

An armour literally made purely to show off the elf's chest/pectorals.

They cover Sylvanas for exposing her belly button but then they don't cover these boys for literally exposing half their bodies (Illidan is literally only wearing a set of pants ffs), hypocritical don't you think?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    The Harpy example is pretty neat because it's a model designed by a woman and proclaimed as "One of my favorite things I modeled!" by her, Ariel Fain.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/B6Qb4

Just goes to show sometimes it's not about the male gaze after all, and usually these things are entirely unoffensive to real women.

though I can't speak to who drew this concept art,
    it's a much more grotesque, rather than prettied-up, version of the Harpy in the art either way.
    It is a good example for as much as people want to say all the devs/female devs hate the female form or are SJW’s and want every thing covered up it’s not at all hard to find them show casing that they are totally fine with female sexuality being on display and that things like the incubus is just so we can have it both ways.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    meanwhile they removed almost every flirt and joke from the races...
    Some of them didn't age very well. They come off more uncomfortable than funny to a lot of people. Context changes and what is off-putting changed. Regardless, none of them were core iconic aspects of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of ya'll really can't tell the difference between sexualization and visible skin.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Here ya go!

I would resub if that got added.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's because they want to show that they are not sexist because they also put men in bikini armour.

That's it, that's the only reason. They want to score good points easily during the PR nightmare they're in.

There's no story reason or they would have added them in Legion when they added tons of new demons.
    It's literally this and nothing else.
    A certain crowd would likely try to say it isn't, but this is absolutely a PR stunt. And a joke of a PR stunt at that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The incubus looks like a twink tbh.

The ship has sailed, but it should be a lesson for other studios:
    Filthy and dangerous fantasy worlds with sociopolitical problems and injustice is fun and gives us, the player, something to fight for. Cleaning up the world and its politics to make it just, fair, equitable, idealist fulfillment, and the like(more like our post-modern West) takes depth and story hook opportunities away. It puts heroes out of business.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dellis0991 View Post
    it's glorious!:d
    i want that shit in game or im gonna feel offended

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    There's one problem with it though.
    By average, women don't find men sexy same way as men find women sexy.
    A woman is turned on when she sees an influential man in a suit and tosh.
    How cute that someone actually believes this. You don't have much experience interacting with women as friends do you? Women are just as sex crazed as men are. Don't believe me? Go read some fanfiction boards.

This whole idea that women are somehow saintly figures without any 'toxic' desire is absolute bullshit.

Here ya go!

omg, this is so progressive <3

Implement this Blizzard!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    In fact Blizzard outright stated that they intended to add male/female variants of every summonable demon in an interview back during WotLK IIRC. Obviously they never made good on it until this incubus coming in 9.2, which is still a far cry from every summonable demon.

Edit: Apparently that "promise" was made all the way back in Cata: Article
    The incubus makes sense,but i dont see how every demon needs both genders,i dont even think many of them have genders,like voidwalkers,they dont breed do they?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    The incubus makes sense,but i dont see how every demon needs both genders,i dont even think many of them have genders,like voidwalkers,they dont breed do they?
    I agree on the voidwalker part, but then again, nobody would lose anything if they created male and female versions of all demons, so why not?

7+ Year Old Account
    Here ya go!

Fucking 10/10

Cleavage is too naughty for wow.
    Literal rape demons are ok though.

Because we already had lady sex demons, it would be sexist to not have their rapey male counterparts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    In fact Blizzard outright stated that they intended to add male/female variants of every summonable demon in an interview back during WotLK IIRC. Obviously they never made good on it until this incubus coming in 9.2, which is still a far cry from every summonable demon.

Edit: Apparently that "promise" was made all the way back in Cata: Article
    God I remember this, all of the pictures of female voidwalkers were horrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go!

OH GOD SOMEONE POSTED IT
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

OMG THAT'S DISGUSTING

...where can I get one?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a woman, I never cared about bikini armor, or harpies, or pin ups, or big titties.

Why should I care about any of them? Oh? Because it doesnt protect the character? Well tell that to everyone in anything but plate or proper armor and that they dont wear a helmet to mess up their hair. It's not real.

None of this game has any realistic expectations, that can be called out with magic. As for it being just to look at? So what? You think every Male is jacked? Hell demon hunters are perfect the way they are. Plus, I love my shaman in her mail bikini. Why? Because I believe not all races would have the same gaze as humans. So who gives a shit what some guy thinks and somehow finds pixels in wow, not even good pixels at that, as a turn on. Rather I find that cringey as hell.

Harpies? They been female, and fantasy has usually deemed them as a female race only that steals their male breeders. So what if they have an attractive figure? It's like trying to seduce the dumbest people. The same people that find them attractive must also be the same people that would try to walk up to their nest and be like u are so misunderstood... even while his gut are being ripped out.

So finally the incubus, I am very happy about actually. We've been told that succubus were not the only gender of their race.

Now where is my buffed up female felguard. I've been waiting on that since cataclysm. I think they gave a lore explanation on the shivarra being female only? Or did I misinterpret? Anyways, I want a make version of them... unless they want to pull wool over everyones eyes and be like... shivarra you see are both. Shiva, the god that they are based on, is mostly in male form, but has a female for in mohini.... but they can say they are going with the ardhanarishvara form where it's both male and female. But I dont mind having the first hermaphrodite race being them.

As for tig or bitties paintings? So what? Are you saying woman are not allowed to have them? Fine, all men have to be strong and muscular. If I go outside today and not everyone, but kul tirans and ogres, are not jacked to all hell, then this game lied to me about my perception of every man.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2021-11-30 at 02:20 AM.