Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Convenant swap...??

What is going to happen if i leave my current convenant which is venthyr at the moment,im 80 renown,with lots of stuff done on it.I used to be Necrolord before but Venthyr became better for pvp recently so i swaped.Now Necrolord is better,am i going to lose all my progress on my venthyr if i swap to Necro and then come back to Venthyr one day again ?

Like,i'd like to do some pvp and go Venthyr on one spec,Necrolord on another.

This stupid system is so tiersome,dear mother of god.

You do not lose anything at all and you can switch freely.

You don't lose your progress when swapping Covenants (and you never have). All you need to do is talk to the dude near your Covenant in Oribos and you'll be able to swap freely between any Covenant of your choosing. The only kind of annoying part is having to re-bind your Covenant abilities and remembering that your soulbind is reset.

Are you sure ? i wont lose all anima,renown,misions tables,transmogs,mounts and so on if i swap to necrolord now ?

So if I'm renown 80, and have the Maw achievement, I can swap thru all 3 other covenants and buy the mount from the Deaths Advance qm in Koritha, then swap back to my original, with no penalty?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder about this as well, what will happen to my:
    - Followers and their levels?
    - Anima research levels?
    - Reputations (Ember court etc, I'm Venthyr)

Will it all remain the same when I get back to Venthyr? Will any of what I have with Venthyr be converted to other covenants similar stuff? Like follower levels?

Followers and their levels are the same,anima is still same but i lost ember court rep,not sure if its going back to exalted if i swap to venthyr again.Fuck their stupid systems and ''meaningful choise''

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Followers and their levels are the same,anima is still same but i lost ember court rep,not sure if its going back to exalted if i swap to venthyr again.Fuck their stupid systems and ''meaningful choise''
    Your ember court rep is safe.

I swapped my covenant and got everything reset to 1, you can buy an item from a vendor by the FP in Oribos to boost you to Renown 40 but you still have to build it up again to 80 and unlock all your anima upgrades. If I switch back all my progress is saved from my old faction and vice versa, but the way they phrased it made me think I could switch and I would be Renown 80 with the new covenant right away.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I swapped my covenant and got everything reset to 1, you can buy an item from a vendor by the FP in Oribos to boost you to Renown 40 but you still have to build it up again to 80 and unlock all your anima upgrades. If I switch back all my progress is saved from my old faction and vice versa, but the way they phrased it made me think I could switch and I would be Renown 80 with the new covenant right away.
    That would make sense but we already know blizzard will never make you walk in a straight line to have fun. They want you subbed as long as possible and doing worthless content over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Were you 80 on your old covenant?

From what I understand, as long as you hit 80 renown on one character and have the <Renowned> achievement you can freely swap between covenants on any of your characters. When you switch to a covenant, everything from your old covenant is supposed to stay exactly where its at with the exception of command table missions.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post

From what I understand, as long as you hit 80 renown on one character and have the <Renowned> achievement you can freely swap between covenants on any of your characters. When you switch to a covenant, everything from your old covenant is supposed to stay exactly where its at with the exception of command table missions.
    I did, I waited until I hit 80 before switching, and then I had that nasty surprise. Then I read up on it on WoWhead and then found out that you need to restart, but that you can buy that catchup item to start you at Renown 40. And that if you go back to your old covenant everything gets restored.

The article I read was here, which gives more detailed info.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/how-to-change-covenants

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post

Basically you have to level up all covenants individually, but you can swap between them freely, progress is saved, and you can purchase a level 40 catch up.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you can swap between them just to buy all the mounts for example? That's basically the only reason I'd have swapped if I was farming a mount achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    What is going to happen if i leave my current convenant which is venthyr at the moment,im 80 renown,with lots of stuff done on it.I used to be Necrolord before but Venthyr became better for pvp recently so i swaped.Now Necrolord is better,am i going to lose all my progress on my venthyr if i swap to Necro and then come back to Venthyr one day again ?

Like,i'd like to do some pvp and go Venthyr on one spec,Necrolord on another.

This stupid system is so tiersome,dear mother of god.
    Everything will be waiting for you when you switch away from venthyr. Also since you got to renown 80 you keep the ability to use venthyr only toys, transmogs, and mounts. That's some of the new stuff from the patch. Say you were only 60 renown, the mogs and stuff would be locked when you left and unlocked when you came back. But since you're 80 you keep everything. The only thing I've noticed is any active table missions get cancelled when you leave, so you can't have multiple tables running at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    That would make sense but we already know blizzard will never make you walk in a straight line to have fun. They want you subbed as long as possible and doing worthless content over and over and over again.
    Why do people phrase it that they want people to stay subbed and playing like it's a bad thing? Also not sure how only getting halfway to max for practically free is somehow "not fun" while getting handed 80 when you still need to buy most of the rewards is somehow "fun."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

To be clear to everyone - you lose nothing but the missions on your table. The followers stay the same level, your campaign, rep and renown stay the same. Even your mission table campaign is not reset.

You will still need to build up renown on the new covenant (but that is a trivial task which is completed very quickly by merely playing the game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    So you can swap between them just to buy all the mounts for example? That's basically the only reason I'd have swapped if I was farming a mount achievement.
    Yes, though I believe you can only use the mounts on another covenant once you have got the covenant that mount belongs to to 80. E.g. you buy necro mount and switch to kyrian. You can only use the necro cosmetics whilst a kyrian once you have got the necro to 80. Whilst a necrolord you can use the necro cosmetics freely however.

The only thing you lose is anything that is active.

For instance an active mission table, active quest, active building research etc.

I am 80 on all 4 on my main, you can swap freely between them and level them up.

If you are 80 Venthyr, switch to Kyrian and have no progress on that, you will start at level 1. Buy the upgrade to 40 and then continue levelling renown, you can then change back to Venthyr and not lose any progress apart from what I stated above.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a nice change then. May try Kyrian on my Hunter.

Don't forget to buy the 40 renown token from the guy next to the flight master in Oribos for your new covenant. You can also trade in you unused anima from this vendor also so you can build up your next covenant.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The only kind of annoying part is having to re-bind your Covenant abilities
    There's a macro for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.