Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

People are gone?

Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.

Being the achievement hunter - I wanted to get some guild perks. I looked up guilds that I could casually join and start farming some points. I found the biggest and oldest guild on my server. On primetime there would be around 4-5 active(out of 900 members) - most of the time I was alone.

Walking around the streets - it felt more empty. Torghast chat is gone. The most activity is in Korthia during the gankfests. The big achievement communities are silent - the ranked PvP BGs are lacking in the group section(granted, I compare it all to 9.0 when everything was fresh, which might be a mistake).

Are we on a break - or do you guys also feel wierd about these times? I don't want to return to some empty game, so could use some positivity.
    Last edited by HansLolo; 2021-11-30 at 11:52 AM.

Some people have quit, are on breaks etc which is normal when there is a drought. But it can also be that you are on a low/med populated server. I play on a full populated server and there are people everywhere.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    Some people have quit, are on breaks etc which is normal when there is a drought. But it can also be that you are on a low/med populated server. I play on a full populated server and there are people everywhere.
    Is it something to do with WM maybe? I also walk around with WM on and my server is considered full.

The game is not really empty. But the patch is at its end and Blizz had a bit of bad press the last few month.

Generally the big guilds who just add more and more members have many who just look into the game now and then when a new patch drops.

I cannot say anything about general chat tbh. because if have disabled every public chat on my chars. No idea if it is less or more.

The content in general is not particularily good right now and many people are looking into FF14. If that stays that way... who knows. Wow will get a small upbeat once 9.2 releases and then when the next expansion drops most casual players will return for 1 or 2 months. Then the same cycle again. and again and again

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The game is not really empty. But the patch is at its end and Blizz had a bit of bad press the last few month.

Generally the big guilds who just add more and more members have many who just look into the game now and then when a new patch drops.

I cannot say anything about general chat tbh. because if have disabled every public chat on my chars. No idea if it is less or more.

The content in general is not particularily good right now and many people are looking into FF14. If that stays that way... who knows. Wow will get a small upbeat once 9.2 releases and then when the next expansion drops most casual players will return for 1 or 2 months. Then the same cycle again. and again and again
    I see - so big guilds doesn't represent activity necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by HansLolo View Post
    Is it something to do with WM maybe? I also walk around with WM on and my server is considered full.
    Yes it's 100% warmode then. If you are on a full realm and see no one in warmode that is why.

Also as others have said big guild does not mean active. There is countless "cesspool" guilds leftover from the cataclysm days of making cesspool guilds to gather TONS of gold for yourself. And those have sorta been left behind with tons of long unplayed alts.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes it's 100% warmode then.
    Less people are with WM on?

Less people are with WM on?
    Depends on the faction but yes. Warmode is a much smaller section of the playerbase.

the current patch has been out long enough now that many players have either rushed through everything in Korthia or got bored of it and with flying now available a lot of players are finishing up stuff in the other zones. also they just made it so that we can solo queue for island expeditions and warfronts from BFA so there's a fair few people catching up on achievs, mogs, etc from those
    with the scoring system in Torghast many players opt to ignore or even hide the chat in there so they can focus on a fast run
    you'll probably find that there's a lot of players doing mythic keys, Sanctum, etc but maybe not so many visible out in the world. Covenant Sanctum halls tend to be crowded though, at least on my realms and it's easy to find people for group content

I see - so big guilds doesn't represent activity necessarily.
    Never has.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Depends on the faction but yes. Warmode is a much smaller section of the playerbase.
    Thanks - that makes me feel more positive

Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.

Being the achievement hunter - I wanted to get some guild perks. I looked up guilds that I could casually join and start farming some points. I found the biggest and oldest guild on my server. On primetime there would be around 4-5 active(out of 900 members) - most of the time I was alone.

Walking around the streets - it felt more empty. Torghast chat is gone. The most activity is in Korthia during the gankfests. The big achievement communities are silent - the ranked PvP BGs are lacking in the group section(granted, I compare it all to 9.0 when everything was fresh, which might be a mistake).

Are we on a break - or do you guys also feel wierd about these times? I don't want to return to some empty game, so could use some positivity.
    You're lucky. I would want to play on quiet server to avoid things like exceeding competition (even with own faction, that is nonsense), exceeding mob respawn rates, "traffic jams" and "queue simulator" on WQs, etc., but CRZ constantly overcrowds my server.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am on a new player server and korthia is way too crowded. i don't get the point.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

As a solo player, I've suffered from Vanilla-nostalgia-like PTSD, on a lower scale, for so many times. What do I mean ? Well, in the past 3-4years I had been quiting this game so often but then, after some time, those rose tinted glass start appearing on my eyes out of nowhere.
    I always quit the game because of being dissapointed, not because "lack of content", "content drought" etc. But every time I quit, after 2-3-12 months, I always "forget" why I quitted, maybe they resolved the issues, maybe I was wrong, maybe maybe maybe, so I end up catching up and then hit the same wall of WAITING to PLAY.

I mean, I would play this game with all classes, in arena 2s, but, even after 9.1.5, I still find ALTs not being friendly at all. Getting a covenant to 80 is easy, but then you start to hit the honor grind wall, and that would not be a problem if the queues for this game would be like 2-3mins, but I can't be asked to wait for a bg a minimum of 20mins.

Then, if you somehow get passed the honor farm, you hit the wall of LFG 20-30mins in queue, to play. There is no other game that I have played in my life, that forces me to waist so much time just so I can start playing the game.

In Overwatch, Dota2, Fortnite, Warzone, CoD, Battlefield you hit the queue button and you are in game in ~2mins.

I really wish WoW would stop, just so I can "be free", and just so those devs can have some time to reflect on how bad they are, when they think that you can mantain WoW in the same level you did 16 years ago, when we used it also as a social part, while runnin in circles on top of Orgrimmar bank while spamming LFM in /2 for 30-60mins.

I'm sure, there are people still enjoying the game, playing with friends or in healthy guilds, but just as the OP suggests, even those guilds are running thin.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You're lucky. I would want to play on quiet server to avoid things like exceeding competition (even with own faction, that is nonsense), exceeding mob respawn rates, "traffic jams" and "queue simulator" on WQs, etc., but CRZ constantly overcrowds my server.
    Yeah - can't think of WoW without all the things you mention. I tend to become negative, if I feel alone.

Thanks for the answers. Rock on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    As a solo player, I've suffered from Vanilla-nostalgia-like PTSD, on a lower scale, for so many times. What do I mean ? Well, in the past 3-4years I had been quiting this game so often but then, after some time, those rose tinted glass start appearing on my eyes out of nowhere.
    I always quit the game because of being dissapointed, not because "lack of content", "content drought" etc. But every time I quit, after 2-3-12 months, I always "forget" why I quitted, maybe they resolved the issues, maybe I was wrong, maybe maybe maybe, so I end up catching up and then hit the same wall of WAITING to PLAY.

I mean, I would play this game with all classes, in arena 2s, but, even after 9.1.5, I still find ALTs not being friendly at all. Getting a covenant to 80 is easy, but then you start to hit the honor grind wall, and that would not be a problem if the queues for this game would be like 2-3mins, but I can't be asked to wait for a bg a minimum of 20mins.

Then, if you somehow get passed the honor farm, you hit the wall of LFG 20-30mins in queue, to play. There is no other game that I have played in my life, that forces me to waist so much time just so I can start playing the game.

In Overwatch, Dota2, Fortnite, Warzone, CoD, Battlefield you hit the queue button and you are in game in ~2mins.

I really wish WoW would stop, just so I can "be free", and just so those devs can have some time to reflect on how bad they are, when they think that you can mantain WoW in the same level you did 16 years ago, when we used it also as a social part, while runnin in circles on top of Orgrimmar bank while spamming LFM in /2 for 30-60mins.

I'm sure, there are people still enjoying the game, playing with friends or in healthy guilds, but just as the OP suggests, even those guilds are running thin.
    I feel you. If they announced "We pulling of the powercord - no more devtime" - it would be the same as "you are cured now and you can move on". It's called addiction. But even then - I might burn myself out on achievements.
    Last edited by HansLolo; 2021-11-30 at 12:48 PM.

I feel you. If they announced "We pulling of the powercord - no more devtime" - it would be the same as "you are cured now and you can move on". It's called addiction.
    Yeah, it is a mixt of things. I play this game for 16 years, and I'm attached to it. There are 2 more games that are so old yet still alive in top, those are CSGO and Dota2.

I had natural brakes during those 16 years, but the brakes during the past 4 years are more brokeups. Like, the during BFA I haven't play the first year, because of how pre-beta it was.

So yeah, love, fun, special game, with some addiction on top, a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Yeah, it is a mixt of things. I play this game for 16 years, and I'm attached to it. There are 2 more games that are so old yet still alive in top, those are CSGO and Dota2.

I had natural brakes during those 16 years, but the brakes during the past 4 years are more brokeups. Like, the during BFA I haven't play the first year, because of how pre-beta it was.

So yeah, love, fun, special game, with some addiction on top, a good mix.
    I also tend to play Dota2. I think it's the generation who used to play Dota1 and WC3

TBH - I would not play anything if it wasn't WoW and all the things I want to accomplish in game and the complexity I set myself up to. I burn out thou and quit for months and return again to experience the agony and "maybe" this time.

This time was a bit different thou - I should turn off the WM and see how it goes.

WoW is definitely in a decline. That said, it'll still be crazy busy on new patch/new xpac drops. Coming back 6 months into any patch will feel dead compared to an xpac launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is here, isn’t dead, isn’t dying.

But we are in a holding pattern at the moment for the next raid tier. My team stopped after heroic Sylvannas, and I suspect plenty of others did the same after they finished whatever difficulty they preferred. So from my own anecdotal evidence, less people are signing in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    WoW is here, isn’t dead, isn’t dying.

But we are in a holding pattern at the moment for the next raid tier. My team stopped after heroic Sylvannas, and I suspect plenty of others did the same after they finished whatever difficulty they preferred. So from my own anecdotal evidence, less people are signing in at the moment.
    Same with mythic. Most people do a weekly farm run then log. The content the OP is talking about is mostly just blitzed once for required raiding resources then left.