Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Well there's

- Furbolg > A long history of alliance with the Night Elves
    - Tuskarr > Neutral, but Alliance could use a tribal race..
    - Sethrak > Neutral but have some Vulpera-enemies, so could work

They need to flesh out Jinyu and Saurok first, if they're willing to make them an allied race. Vrykul is just tall humans. Then we got fat humans, skinny humans and tall humans...

Heck.. they even straight-up invented Void Elves and Lightforged, so it'd be no problem if they can retcon some other race.
    * I agree with the Furbolgs and it makes perfect sense that they are Alliance.
    * The Tuskarrs do not see that much potential. It would be "visually different" but it would stay there.
    * The Sethrak put me in limbo. I love the concept and it is a reptilian breed that I love. But I dream that it would be something like Sethrak for one and Naga for the others and then again the Alliance would lose.

I feel that Naga should be the race and Sethrak the allied race.

PS: If I separate the Dranei from the Light and the Elves from the void. In the end they are just adding more things to humans and their religion of light and shadow.

I mean the renegades, Belf and Nelf2.0 at least have a connection between them that differentiates them from the rest of the Horde.

In the Alliance they are "humans", "mixed humans", Dranei (who has the same culture as humans) and Kaldori.
    The alliance needs races that are not "mixed humans" and that are not followers of the Light or the like as much as possible.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-11-30 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Rajani Mogu are a friendly faction of Mogu introduced in patch 8.3.
    True! Though those weren't the ones allied with the Zandalari, and the ones allied with the Zandalari seemed to be loyal to Zul specifically. But yes, I could see Rajani becoming an allied race of either faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Both San'layn and Vrykul should be horde.

I don't care, sue me.
    San'layn, yes. Vrykul are the progenitors of the race called humans. The horde cannot have ogres AND vrykul without someone throwing a flag for offsides, here. So... you'll be getting papers in the mail any day now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Ye, lets give horde more cool stuff to shift the population even further toward horde. While doin that, just abolish factions, turn all alliance into npcs and rename it to World of Hordecraft.
    This guy gets it.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take Furbolgs first then Vrykul.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The races I would like to see added to the alliance are as follows:
    1. The Rukhmar adherents
    2. The arakkoa
    3. The Jinyu/ankoans
    4. The broken/Krokul
    5. Ethereals

For the horde:
    1. Ogres.
    2. Mogu
    3. Mantid
    4. Hozen
    5. San'layn
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    The races I would like to see added to the alliance are as follows:
    1. The Rukhmar adherents
    2. The arakkoa
    3. The Jinyu/ankoans
    4. The broken/Krokul
    5. Ethereals

For the horde:
    1. Ogres.
    2. Mogu
    3. Mantid
    4. Hozen
    5. San'layn
    Arakkoa, would be a nice addition, but I think it would be better to have them split along the cursed/unbroken line, with the followers of Rukhmar/Sun/Light going to Alliance and the followers of Anzu/Darkness/Shadows joining the Horde. It would be one of the races I see thus a split justified. It could even be written, that the followers of Rukhmar joined Yrel on AU Draenor, while the followers of Anzu didn't, thus deepening the rift.

One factor as to which side gets which races is of course gameplay. Uncursed Arakkoa can fly naturally, so the Horde needs one race who can do this, too, or they will feel left out. It is the same with the Horde getting Vulpera(small) and the Alliance getting Junk Gnomes(small, too) despite races like Ankoan or even Sethrak making more sense. I see this dictating which races we get a bit more than even lore, according to which we could already have many more.

Suggestion:

Alliance <=> Horde
    1.Vyrkul(giants with wild history) <=> 1.Ogres(giants with wild history)
    2.Winged Arakkoa(flying/sun) <=> 2.Stoneborn(flying/night)
    3.Ascended Kyrian(flying/beautiful) <=> 3.Harpies(flying/beautiful)
    4.Sethrak(reptile) <=> 4.Naga(reptile)
    5.Bothani(Draenor refugees/life) <=> 5.Saberon(Draenor refugees/fur)
    6.Sylvar(undead/life) <=> 6.Venthyr(undead/punishment)
    7.Furbolg(fur/large) <=> 7.Mogu(large/titanforged)
    8.Lightbound Undead(not forgotten) <=> 8.San'layn(could have an interesting dynamic with the Venthyr)
    9.Broken Draenei(cursed) <=> 9.Cursed Arakkoa(cursed)
    10.Ankoan(sea/Pandaria) <=> 10.Hozen(Pandaria/fur)
    11.Lightbound Orcs(Light Corrupted)<=> 11.Fel Orcs(Fel corrupted)

I ignored many race variants here, since so many deserve some spotlight(Earthen/Trolls), but there is a deep background Blizz could use.

They really could surprise us. The suggested story patch after 9.2. might bring us Covenant Races, while a reforged world in 10.0 might bring us more grounded races, probably focussed on Northern Kalimdor and Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Hardwing; 2021-11-30 at 08:42 PM. Reason: The format was bad.

What about nagas?

7+ Year Old Account
    undead elves, just like demon draeneis are not, and should not, be playable on horde, period, the faction was already ruined enough with the lame addition of wine addicts night elves, thank you.

new races that could, and should, be playable are ogres and saberons, maybe some version of drakonids if you bring the dragonmaw clan and guilgoblins for allied race. If you want to put the shadowlands races the venthyr.

as for alliance, vrykul and Botani hands down. maybe sethrak and Arakkoa if we stretch hard enough, for shadowlands races, night fae.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-01 at 12:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga
    Satyr
    Ogre
    Vrykul

Fight me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Depends on the next expansion.....
    But if its Void vs Light.....would love to see Ethereals .....plus if they decide on a new class like everyones favorite.........Tinker........the Ethereals would fit in easily with the new class.

Also would love to see Void Dragons.......and Light Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    undead elves, just like demon draeneis are not, and should not, be playable on horde, period, the faction was already ruined enough the lame addition of wine addicts night elves, thank you.

new races that could, and should, be playable are ogres and saberons, maybe some version of drakanoids if you bring the dragonmaw clan and guilgoblins for allied race. If you want to put the shadowlands races the venthyr.

as for alliance, vrykul and Botani hands down. maybe sethrak and Arakkoa if we stretch had enough, for shadowlands races, night fae.
    Undead Elves should be playable for the Alliance.
    It would be a nice twist that the Problem is not the Forsaken but the humans.
    Because elves have no problem with their "undead" counterpart.

(Although better thought. They should be a Skin Option for the Nelf and Belf that is obtained after some plot. But with the same joke of "the problem is the humans")

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    These are cool and fantastic but I think we'll get a new class rather than a new race.
    Why not both?

Pandaria did it.

Also, Manari Eredar for the Horde plz blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Where was this said?

As for your list, the ogres make sense, though the mogu are a bit...hostile toward the Horde, and the San'layn were eradicated in BfA. I'd much rather see races that they've had at least some positive relationship with at some point. For instance, the gilgoblins or the amani.

For the Alliance, I don't think there's anything wrong with the suggestions, but I'd like to see something from the Sentinel side of the faction. Maybe mountain giants or keepers/dryads, though both would require more work than existing races to fit.
    No they weren't. There was another ship full of them right next to Dreven's ship when it was attacked. Not to mention there are multiple Blood Princes still unaccounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    it would be awful, we don't need anymore elves in this game, especially lunatic undead monsters who want to consume the living, they are not living normal undeads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    2.Winged Arakkoa(flying/sun) <=> 2.Stoneborn(flying/night)
    We're most likely getting Venthyr, so i don't see Stoneborn happening.

3.Ascended Kyrian(flying/beautiful) <=> 3.Harpies(flying/beautiful)
    I don't think i've seen a Harpie on the ground. Kyrians are most likely to be the wingless ones.

4.Sethrak(reptile) <=> 4.Naga(reptile)
    Naga are indeed justified, but have model issues (lack of legs).

5.Bothani(Draenor refugees/life) <=> 5.Saberon(Draenor refugees/fur)
    I don't know if Botani can wear any armor.

8.Lightbound Undead(not forgotten) <=> 8.San'layn(could have an interesting dynamic with the Venthyr)
    That's two vampiric races. I think Venthyr take the higher position.

11.Lightbound Orcs(Light Corrupted)<=> 11.Fel Orcs(Fel corrupted)
    At most, customization options. Not allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    What about nagas?
    Lack of legs, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Naga
    Satyr
    Ogre
    Vrykul

Fight me
    You're getting Fauns with Sylvar. Therefore, Satyrs are unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Also would love to see Void Dragons.......and Light Dragons.
    How would you play a Dragon? A dragonman, maybe.

(Although better thought. They should be a Skin Option for the Nelf and Belf that is obtained after some plot. But with the same joke of "the problem is the humans")
    They'd be a Dark Ranger customization option, not standalone races.

* I agree with the Furbolgs and it makes perfect sense that they are Alliance.
    * The Tuskarrs do not see that much potential. It would be "visually different" but it would stay there.
    * The Sethrak put me in limbo. I love the concept and it is a reptilian breed that I love. But I dream that it would be something like Sethrak for one and Naga for the others and then again the Alliance would lose.
    I'm not sure they'd do the more monstrous races, for a couple boring reasons. One they'd need to significantly work on their skeleton rigs, in order to bring them up to par, with the PC ones, which is the most time consuming part of the whole proper playable race creation process and bluntly they're nowhere near as marketable. There is a reason most of the races are beautified or otherwise made more visually appealing. (Even if it sometimes results in something hilariously bad like the angry chihuahua furry fem worgen)

I feel that Naga should be the race and Sethrak the allied race.
    I'd love to see the Naga as a playable race and they've had a very solid animation rig developped already over the years, unfortunately there is the elephant in the room of Blizzard having to come up with workarounds for their lack of legs, several limbs and such. One thing i would note is that you would likely struggle to find more diametrically opposed groups than the Naga and the Darnassians so having them join the Aliance would make next to no sense. Even if we ignore the times they worked with Horde races and/or leaders.

In the Alliance they are "humans", "mixed humans", Dranei (who has the same culture as humans) and Kaldori.
    The alliance needs races that are not "mixed humans" and that are not followers of the Light or the like as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

At this point they need something, at least compatible with the Aliance, however i do agree that diversifying the Aliance from 3x human, short human, extra short human, dreanei, more dreanei than dreanei, and night elves would probably be a good thing, if handled properly and not just ignored or conformed as all the other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    No they weren't. There was another ship full of them right next to Dreven's ship when it was attacked. Not to mention there are multiple Blood Princes still unaccounted for.
    The Banshee's Wail didn't have any san'layn on it, to my recollection, and the associated NPC list doesn't provide any. Only the Crimson Squall had the san'layn neophytes, and the ship was sunk; while it's possible some could have survived on fleeing rowboats, the Wildhammer were allegedly sinking those as they tried to flee.

As for Blood Princes, have we seen any mention of others out there? There are two from pre-Northrend invasion that raised Arugal that haven't been expressly killed off that also haven't been mentioned since, but I can't find any other references to san'layn surviving. Thal'ena was imprisoned in Dalaran (presumably while it was still in Northrend) and Dreven attempted to join the Horde, but it seemed implied that Dreven was commanding the last of the San'layn. Granted, some of that depends on interpretation of the san'layn being "gone" and their threat "ended," be that just Dreven's group or the entirety of the race.

It's always possible for them to create a group of san'layn survivors, given all the other "exterminated" races that reemerge in the lore, and if a handful of void elves can be numerous enough to make up an allied race, anything is possible. Personally, I'd rather see ogres, mok'nathal, and amani join the Horde ahead of san'layn.

The addition of Venthyr as an allied race could come with Vampire customization options for every Horde race. Pale skin, red eyes, like Kael has in Revendreth. For Blood Elves this is functionally San'layn.

The addition of Maldraxxi (Gladiators) could also come with the addition Skeleton customization for every Horde race. There are already Skeletal Tauren, Goblins, Orcs, in-game right now.

The addition of Sylvar could come with Dryad customization features for every Alliance race. Antlers and horns and shit mostly.

Finally, the addition of Kyrian could add Blue skin and angel wings for every Alliance race. Everyone can be a spirit healer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why are people acting like the covenants will somehow have an effect on Azeroth or join a faction, they are all locked to the Shadowlands and can't come out except for the Kyrian who literally are only supposed to pick up the souls. The dead stay in the dead world. And even if they could why would they be faction divided, just because the aesthetics "match" a faction doesn't mean they will align with them. The adventurers can choose any and the covenants have zero reason to "align" with ANY azerothian faction, if there are covenant customizations carried on they should stay tied to the character choice and have zero impact from azerothian factions.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The addition of Venthyr as an allied race could come with Vampire customization options for every Horde race. Pale skin, red eyes, like Kael has in Revendreth. For Blood Elves this is functionally San'layn.

The addition of Maldraxxi (Gladiators) could also come with the addition Skeleton customization for every Horde race. There are already Skeletal Tauren, Goblins, Orcs, in-game right now.

The addition of Sylvar could come with Dryad customization features for every Alliance race. Antlers and horns and shit mostly.

Finally, the addition of Kyrian could add Blue skin and angel wings for every Alliance race. Everyone can be a spirit healer.
    What? Why would that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    Why are people acting like the covenants will somehow have an effect on Azeroth or join a faction, they are all locked to the Shadowlands and can't come out except for the Kyrian who literally are only supposed to pick up the souls. The dead stay in the dead world. And even if they could why would they be faction divided, just because the aesthetics "match" a faction doesn't mean they will align with them. The adventurers can choose any and the covenants have zero reason to "align" with ANY azerothian faction, if there are covenant customizations carried on they should stay tied to the character choice and have zero impact from azerothian factions.
    Why? Because we help their covenants and gain reputation with them, that's why. And they are clearly divided not only by aesthetics, but by mentality as well.