10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Lockdowns--which haven't happened since the beginning of the pandemic in the US and never REALLY happened to any extreme degree outside of New York/California--and quarantines--which only happen if you're exposed and, given where they've said they live, in one of the most lax areas of the US in terms of the pandemic, probably aren't even enforced anyway.

In other words, as I said, probably scapegoating the pandemic instead of addressing some underlying problems that just happened to manifest during the pandemic. If I was forced to spend more time with certain people I'd start to lose it too, I guess.

Also, IIRC they claimed they're a military family living on base or somesuch yet say they're going to start ignoring these rules, so, good fucking luck.
    I don't know anuones personal situation but I interact with a lot of mental health workers from therapists to psychiatrists to GPs who have taken an interest in mental health. I don't know any who would tell you to abandon CDC guidelines. Instead thry will have you to explore various coping strategies. Thry aren't even trying to give people prescriptions unless really needed (they know better than whrn and why to write them) to try to keep from over medicating people.

No one is messed mire in the head right now than medical and medical related workers. And simply just throwing ylur hands up isn't an option. Walking out on the jon doesn't suddenly fix the issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Sounds likr hydroxyh all over again. The problem with the pills isn't so much that they domt work. A number of off label meds have been used to treat/mitigate cases. The problem is that they are very time sensitive and a lot dont actuality target thr virus but its effects.

This one seems like it is too risky and unknown right now to entet the arena of treatments.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    If they don't ask you to put one on, go ahead. But if they ask you to put one on, and you don't, and they tell you to leave, you HAVE TO LEAVE. If you don't leave, you are trespassing, which as far as I am aware, the UK still has trespassing laws, so learn the fucking difference.
    And they will be commiting an offence under the equality act for discrimination which supercedes "store policy".
    So I guess if they want to be fined, sure I guess they could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sounds likr hydroxyh all over again. The problem with the pills isn't so much that they domt work. A number of off label meds have been used to treat/mitigate cases. The problem is that they are very time sensitive and a lot dont actuality target thr virus but its effects.

This one seems like it is too risky and unknown right now to entet the arena of treatments.
    Not really, this drug (and the similar one from Pfizer) targets the virus reproduction very directly and even the final results are quite ok; especially in terms of deaths.

However, even if the drug is better than hydroxy - people's reaction might be as bad:
    The possible side-effect more mean that you might avoid it in low-risk patients, and of course some will ignore that and even use it prophylactically without having covid. Additionally it is unclear if it works in already hospitalized patients, and similarly some will ignore that and give it a bad reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

It might simply be random chance that it worked less well in the second half of the study. I'm sure someone can compute the odds for that and it would be possible, and both the chair and the SVP would know that. (It could, of course, also be some error and I would assume that is being investigated.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    And they will be commiting an offence under the equality act for discrimination which supercedes "store policy".
    LOL, this is probably the biggest bullshit I have ever heard, because people in the US have tried to use this shit too, and it doesn't work. Not wearing a mask is not protected under any type of equality act, because it is not a thing you can't change like race, gender, sexual orientation, age, height, and whatnot.

And this fact check by Reuters, says you are fucking lying. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKCN24O2AJ

They can literally arrest you for not wearing a mask, even not in a store. Which with the new variant, they are probably going to do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’ve already explained. Quarantines, lockdowns, social distancing, having to stay home, not being able to see friends, virtual school.

Those things can be incredibly tough for kids, especially teens. She basically has had no social life since this started.
    I very much doubt most of these people posting against you have kids or work with children so have no clue what they are talking about. Personally I think what we have done to children over these past 2 years is a tragedy. This is a disease that has relatively very little effect on healthy children and we have instilled in them a fear that they are killing people. We also haven't seen the longer implications of all our actions on them. We have basically sacrificed them at the alter of hysteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I very much doubt most of these people posting against you have kids or work with children so have no clue what they are talking about. Personally I think what we have done to children over these past 2 years is a tragedy. This is a disease that has relatively very little effect on healthy children
    Just their teachers, parents and relatives, support staff, etc. You know, things that don't impact kids at all if they should be a vector and then cause of death to those people. /s

The thinkery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Just their teachers, parents and relatives, support staff, etc. You know, things that don't impact kids at all if they should be a vector and then cause of death to those people. /s

The thinkery.
    If they are under 50 then they have more chance of death from a road traffic accident, even with all the precautions we take around road safety, than covid. We don't stop all travelling, we just accept it's a necessary risk to get on with life. If people are over 50 or have underlying risks, then fine, let them isolate themselves if they wish to, instead it seems we would rather push the burden onto the shoulders of innocent children.

I very much doubt most of these people posting against you have kids or work with children so have no clue what they are talking about. Personally I think what we have done to children over these past 2 years is a tragedy. This is a disease that has relatively very little effect on healthy children and we have instilled in them a fear that they are killing people. We also haven't seen the longer implications of all our actions on them. We have basically sacrificed them at the alter of hysteria.
    Except, children are handling this all far better than adults.

You are pushing hysteria, because my kids are perfectly fine through all of this. The people who really did a disservice to their children, are the avid anti-vaxxers who simply pushed ignorance and lies onto their kids. But, that's not the fault of Covid, the media, or the pandemic.

That's just bad parenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are under 50
    A lot of them aren't.

Next silly talking point, please.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are under 50 then they have more chance of death from a road traffic accident, even with all the precautions we take around road safety, than covid. We don't stop all travelling, we just accept it's a necessary risk to get on with life. If people are over 50 or have underlying risks, then fine, let them isolate themselves if they wish to, instead it seems we would rather push the burden onto the shoulders of innocent children.
    You might not die thanks to modern medicine but most people filling up hospital beds are under 50 so the virus is obviously cutting it close.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html

Not worth addressing the other stuff.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    LOL, this is probably the biggest bullshit I have ever heard, because people in the US have tried to use this shit too, and it doesn't work. Not wearing a mask is not protected under any type of equality act, because it is not a thing you can't change like race, gender, sexual orientation, age, height, and whatnot.

And this fact check by Reuters, says you are fucking lying. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKCN24O2AJ

They can literally arrest you for not wearing a mask, even not in a store. Which with the new variant, they are probably going to do again.
    Is reading difficult for you? If you are exempt, you are exempt. Simple as that.

WHO echoing what the South Africans were saying about Omicron, i.e. that most cases are mild (as with all previous variants) and no evidence (yet) of reduced vaccine efficacy, but some indications of quicker transmission https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-who-12483729

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me you don't understand the equality act without telling me you don't understand the equality act.

- - - Updated - - -

Is reading difficult for you? If you are exempt, you are exempt. Simple as that.
    Except you don't get to walk into a store and declare "I'm exempt from mask ordinances" and have that be that.

You do realize that this has been going on for a while and stores are entirely within their right to kick people out for not wearing masks? This isn't even up for debate.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Tell me you don't understand the equality act without telling me you don't understand the equality act.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you don't get to walk into a store and declare "I'm exempt from mask ordinances" and have that be that.

You do realize that this has been going on for a while and stores are entirely within their right to kick people out for not wearing masks? This isn't even up for debate.
    In the UK you can, you don't have to wear a face covering if you are exempt, and you are allowed to self certify meaning you don't need a Doctors note.

5+ Year Old Account
    To clarify: It's fine if you're tired of restrictions, but this isn't the place for that. It has always invited anti-regulatory and anti-vaccination rhetoric that isn't welcome in this thread. You can talk about your personal lives and needs in private.

And there is no need to keep on about regional mask policies. It's starting to derail.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    had benfica over 4.5 and it didnt pay out because of the half time abandonment. This is the first time covid has negatively effected me.
    Benfica could have been more, I dunno, sporting about it.

Like when the great Torino team crashed their plane in the mountain. The entire adult team was lost, so they fielded the juniors for the rest of the season. But so did everyone else they played.

(Of course, they were already champions for that season. But still.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, remember that favorite tactic of conservatives where they try to make people legally liable for not disclosing one's HIV status?

Let's do that but with COVID. If you wilfully make yourself a risk factor, you wilfully open yourself up to being sued into bankruptcy.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK you can, you don't have to wear a face covering if you are exempt, and you are allowed to self certify meaning you don't need a Doctors note.
    Ah. I didn't realize we were talking about UK law -- and now after looking at location information I see we are. Thanks for the clarification.

For the record people have made this same argument in the US and it hasn't flown. Hence my response.

EDIT - just saw the mod warning. This was my last response about it anyway.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has said she thinks it's time for EU member states to consider mandatory vaccinations.
    Go for it. There will be shitstorm, but go for it. Enough is enough.

Who is this enemy that can control Covid?
    China. USA. Capitalists. Rich people. ALIEN BEANS. Globalists. Jews. Unbelievers.

Whom did I forget?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.