View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Well, he won't infract himself That also explains why Dribbles is able to spew bullshit and talk about "eurochums" constaly without any consequences. It's so funny to see that he forgot to log on his moderator account before posting a moderator warning.
    This is nonsense. Dribbles posted a thread warning on his own, in the style Rozz uses. He was infracted for his troubles and Rozz edited his message to no longer look like an official warning.

Let this put a stop to any offtopic debate about this particular idea. Rozz is not Dribbles or vice versa, and I'm astounded we have to even make a post to say this.

Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, and it's these bots that put shit into people's heads so they vote for Brexit. The name of the game isn't to "convince" Dribbles or sircaw. Or even you. The purpose is simply to show the silent readers that his shit is - and continues to be - idiotic. I don't care about Dribbles or his opinion. I haven't done so since his third post or so, I ain't going to start now.

And yes, arguing against destabilising forces like Russian trollbots that are supported and protected by this forum, or Murdoch's dystopian fantasy of real live Idiocracy is part of the democratic process. Constant vigilance. As long as this decrepit mod team doesn't ban these destabilizing accounts that are part of a harmful campaign against western democracies (wonder why Putin doesn't have his own thread discussing the shit he does, CURIOUS), I guess I'll spend the few minutes that I'm bored enough per day to post my opinion on it. And despite what people think, none of this costs me brain space or effort. The only reason I get infracted on a frequent basis (I mean, apart from the obvious misalignment of certain people's sound judgement...) is that I don't care enough about this cesspool to reword certain things that make it past my initial dick filter.

There you go. Enjoy, also don't @ me again about a philosophical discussion about what I should or should not do. YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!

:P
    No that's all perfectly fair, like you say I'm not your mom and I can't tell you what to do. So long as we agree that a certain poster is a being less than genuine then you do you as far as I am concerned.

However just considering how vociferous the nature of these rebuttals are, again I'd just like to connect with reality a little here and point out that this thread is viewed by a handful of people on an obscure gaming forum, I doubt what's going on here is a part of a concerted effort to destabilise democracy in the West even though what's on display here is a known tactic amongst it's antagonists.

Anyway, have at it.

Looks like the market has spoken, and given their opinion on Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-in-six-months

NI is benefitting massively from still being part of the EU trading zone. Unlike the rest of the UK that has been forced by a vocal and racist minority to go through with a Brexit that has damaged us so much. Still, thankfully people are coming to their senses about how terrible it is, and it's only a matter of time before the long slow process of reversing this ignorant and dangerous decision begins.

Maybe we'll even grow up a little as a nation as we come to terms with the impact of choices like this.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Ridiculous to suggest Brexit is on life support, if anything a purer and clean Brexit is on the horizon. Certainly not re-join.

Both sides have their fingers on the Article 16 trigger, it is just a matter of time before one side or the other pulls the trigger and that sweet sweet no deal Brexit is delivered in full to the millions and millions who voted for it. Britain for its part is doing everything it possibly can to bait the EU into doing it, and that's a great game plan.

After all, in the eyes of the world, the one that does enact Article 16 will take all the blame. Not long to go now until the EU bites on the UK bait, the trap is beautifully set. tick tock...
    What are you tick tocking for? Borders on Ireland and the IRA back to blowing up shit in London? You must truly hate the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    What are you tick tocking for? Borders on Ireland and the IRA back to blowing up shit in London? You must truly hate the UK.
    Dribbles lives under the mistaken belief the UK can trigger article 16 and refuse to put up a border, allowing the EU to take the blame when they do and get away with it

No one else thinks this is how it will go.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Dribbles lives under the mistaken belief the UK can trigger article 16 and refuse to put up a border, allowing the EU to take the blame when they do and get away with it

Either way, article 16 is not a "Everything is cancelled" button. It's limited meassures which does not include scrapping the protocol. Which is probably why Frost havent "triggered" anything, since there's not a whole lot to do, nor does the protocol seem to cause “serious economic, societal or environmental difficulties”.

If anything they're better of than the rest of the UK.

Still rumour at this point, so I'm prepared to hold my hands up if this turns out to be wrong.....

But the suggestion is that a certain UK newspaper is withholding the latest Brexit survey from publication, because it shows that only 11% of people now think Brexit is going well. I'm digging around as we speak, because while I'd be delighted for this to be true, you should as a matter of course apply a greater degree of credulity to things that reinforce your own world view. To avoid falling down a rabbit hole of self-perpetuation.

Watch this space. If this does turn out to be true we may have to wait a while for dribbles to explain how this actually means everyone thinks Brexit is great.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Something funny about brexit is that the interim united manager will not be able to manage the team against arsenal because of visa issues (which will get sorted Friday very likely) . Something which would not have happened during sensible times.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still rumour at this point, so I'm prepared to hold my hands up if this turns out to be wrong.....

But the suggestion is that a certain UK newspaper is withholding the latest Brexit survey from publication, because it shows that only 11% of people now think Brexit is going well. I'm digging around as we speak, because while I'd be delighted for this to be true, you should as a matter of course apply a greater degree of credulity to things that reinforce your own world view. To avoid falling down a rabbit hole of self-perpetuation.

Watch this space. If this does turn out to be true we may have to wait a while for dribbles to explain how this actually means everyone thinks Brexit is great.
    A similar link was posted some page(s) ago, by dribbles no less, that had 18% thinking it was going well. dribbles rationalization (which was, to my knowledge, completely unsubstantiated) was that those who didn't think it was going well would blame it on the EU and not Brexit itself. So I imagine you'd get the same kind of rationalization again.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

I think it's more he's so desperate that the EU will do something that will defacto push RoI out of the EU. Essentially the next domino of nations leaving the EU so they can be eaten by Russian or Chinese spheres of influence once it all comes crashing down. Not that it will happen, but that's likely his dreams every night.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://news.sky.com/story/us-interv...th-eu-12484251

Regarding that nonsense up the thread about how the rest of the world would see it as the fault of the EU for the consequences if the UK invokes article 16, the US isn't buying that narrative either.

The US has delayed its removal of trade tariffs on UK steel and aluminium products amid concerns at the government's approach to the dispute with the EU on post-Brexit trade rules affecting Northern Ireland.

The move was met with a defiant response from Whitehall as a spokesperson said it would not "affect the UK's approach" to the talks with Brussels on changes to the Northern Ireland Protocol - designed to prevent a hard border on the island of Ireland.

Labour described the US move as "unacceptable" while the steel industry urged the British and American governments to "train every sinew" to reach a compromise on the tariffs.

The UK has threatened to trigger Article 16 - an emergency brake that allows the UK or EU to seek to suspend parts of the Brexit agreement that introduced some checks on the movement of goods to Northern Ireland from mainland Britain - if they lead to persistent trade difficulties.

Talks between the EU and Brexit minister Lord Frost are continuing, however European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic has expressed frustration this week over a lack of UK compromise.

News of the US intervention came last night when the Financial Times was handed a communication from a US Commerce Department official which suggested that talks with the UK on easing metals tariffs could not move ahead.

The penalties were imposed on the EU by the administration of former president Donald Trump in 2018 and withdrawn by President Biden in October.

But the 25% and 10% tariffs on steel and aluminium imports are set to remain in place for Britain beyond January.

The official, the newspaper said, cited US concerns about British threats to trigger Article 16 especially from the US Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This is nonsense. Dribbles posted a thread warning on his own, in the style Rozz uses. He was infracted for his troubles and Rozz edited his message to no longer look like an official warning.

Let this put a stop to any offtopic debate about this particular idea. Rozz is not Dribbles or vice versa, and I'm astounded we have to even make a post to say this.

Stay on topic.
    If the mods did something about years long trolling, no one would possibly think that. The fact that it's something that people would even entertain, SHOULD astound you. Not because it's something that users think, but because of how poorly the mods handle the boards.

The only possible excuse for this is that you're assigning trolling as legitimate politics. Enjoy being a brick.

Edit: Case in point, it took more than a year to deal with thwart as a mod. That should have been something that was dealt with inside of a month. Who knows, maybe the green mods here want to do something about the blatant trolling that goes on here, and the blues/reds are holding them back. Maybe you just don't have volunteers. Either way, you shouldn't expect people to look upon the mod team with any respect.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2021-12-02 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://news.sky.com/story/us-interv...th-eu-12484251

Regarding that nonsense up the thread about how the rest of the world would see it as the fault of the EU for the consequences if the UK invokes article 16, the US isn't buying that narrative either.
    Came here to post very much the same thing.

Well would you look at that, apparently reclaiming our sovereignty has resulted in us having to bow to the wishes of larger world powers. Something we were insulated from when part of an EU that was big enough to stand its ground against anyone.

Still, dribbles assures me that the profoundly clever Lord Frost is baiting the EU into triggering Article 16 themselves. So they will risk the wrath of the US when they fall into the UK trap and do that. Apparently.

Alternatively they will realise (like they didn't already) that the UK is bluffing and completely ignore Frost and his merry band of fuckwits.

Isn't it great that we're STILL expending so much policitical time and energy on Brexit and its toxic fallout. It's not like we have anything else to worry about at the moment, is it?

[Edit] Just realised dribbles is back from his holiday. No doubt he'll swing by to explain how this all fits into Frost and the 5D chess he's apparently playing with the EU. I can barely contain my excitement.
    Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 2021-12-02 at 04:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Came here to post very much the same thing.

Well would you look at that, apparently reclaiming our sovereignty has resulted in us having to bow to the wishes of larger world powers. Something we were insulated from when part of an EU that was big enough to stand its ground against anyone.

Still, dribbles assures me that the profoundly clever Lord Frost is baiting the EU into triggering Article 16 themselves. So they will risk the wrath of the US when they fall into the UK trap and do that. Apparently.

Alternatively they will realise (like they didn't already) that the UK is bluffing and completely ignore Frost and his merry band of fuckwits.

Isn't it great that we're STILL expending so much policitical time and energy on Brexit and its toxic fallout. It's not like we have anything else to worry about at the moment, is it?

[Edit] Just realised dribbles is back from his holiday. No doubt he'll swing by to explain how this all fits into Frost and the 5D chess he's apparently playing with the EU. I can barely contain my excitement.
    It doesn't really matter that you in the minority unfairly denigrate Brexit, what matters here in a democracy is how the voters express their opinions at the ballot box I would say. Luckily there is a by election today in Bexley and Sidcup, you guessed it Brexit vs Remain/Rejoin are up against each other once again.

We might get the results shortly after midnight, by how much do you think wise UK voters in Kent, right on the periphery of that remain hotspot of London, will vote for Brexit yet again? Surely that potential lorry park on the M2/M20 will encourage them to vote rejoin the EU? No, I'm betting most have seen and appreciate the plethora of Brexit benefits...

Current odds from Coral are:-

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...lection-winner

Rejoin EU 500/1
    Reform UK (ex Brexit Party) 50/1

I wonder if rejoin EU will even do better than the monster raving looney party. Can't wait until later tonight, the bubbly is on ice...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, you've fallen far not even attempting even the slightest spin on it.

Is this really the best you've got?

It doesn't really matter that you in the minority unfairly denigrate Brexit, what matters here in a democracy is how the voters express their opinions at the ballot box I would say. Luckily there is a by election today in Bexley and Sidcup, you guessed it Brexit vs Remain/Rejoin are up against each other once again.

We might get the results shortly after midnight, by how much do you think wise UK voters in Kent, right on the periphery of that remain hotspot of London, will vote for Brexit yet again? Surely that potential lorry park on the M2/M20 will encourage them to vote rejoin the EU? No, I'm betting most have seen and appreciate the plethora of Brexit benefits...

Current odds from Coral are:-

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...lection-winner

Rejoin EU 500/1
    Reform UK (ex Brexit Party) 50/1

I wonder if rejoin EU will even do better than the monster raving looney party. Can't wait until later tonight, the bubbly is on ice...
    18% in the last reported poll said that Brexit is going well. So I think you'll find that it's now the vast majority that are denigrating Brexit. We'll agree to disagree over whether that's fair or not.

And one by-election isn't going to be a vote on Brexit, as you well know. People are voting for lots of reasons; how badly the Brexit crew are running the country. How badly the Brexit crew and handling Covid. How upset people are with all the issues in the country at the moment that are being made worse by Brexit. Concern about handling immigration, which has been made worse by Brexit. There are a whole swathe of different things that will make people vote in a particular way.

So be as happy as you like that a safe Tory seat stays Tory. It won't make any Brexit benefits suddenly and miraculously appear. It won't make the economy better. All those problems are still going to be there tomorrow, and Brexit Boris will still be making a pigs ear out of all of them. And NI will carry on existing in their little EU bubble, doing so much better than the rest of the UK. Which must irritate you no end.

We'll see where we are once we've properly left the EU. Assuming that ever happens. From where I'm sitting, these Brexidiots running the country have no real idea of how to finish the Brexit they started. I can see a future where we're STILL asking the EU to postpone full implementation of Brexit when I'm retired on a beach.

7+ Year Old Account
    18% in the last reported poll said that Brexit is going well. So I think you'll find that it's now the vast majority that are denigrating Brexit. We'll agree to disagree over whether that's fair or not.

And one by-election isn't going to be a vote on Brexit, as you well know. People are voting for lots of reasons; how badly the Brexit crew are running the country. How badly the Brexit crew and handling Covid. How upset people are with all the issues in the country at the moment that are being made worse by Brexit. Concern about handling immigration, which has been made worse by Brexit. There are a whole swathe of different things that will make people vote in a particular way.

So be as happy as you like that a safe Tory seat stays Tory. It won't make any Brexit benefits suddenly and miraculously appear. It won't make the economy better. All those problems are still going to be there tomorrow, and Brexit Boris will still be making a pigs ear out of all of them. And NI will carry on existing in their little EU bubble, doing so much better than the rest of the UK. Which must irritate you no end.

We'll see where we are once we've properly left the EU. Assuming that ever happens. From where I'm sitting, these Brexidiots running the country have no real idea of how to finish the Brexit they started. I can see a future where we're STILL asking the EU to postpone full implementation of Brexit when I'm retired on a beach.
    Well Huey the results are in this morning from a poll of over 60,000 good people of Kent. Well done on getting the 151 people who turned out to vote for Rejoin EU, or 0.2% of the vote. Can we take from that that 99.8% are contented with how Brexit is going? Honestly I think we can, they'd vote to rejoin the EU otherwise wouldn't they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_O...up_by-election

Of course you will say that one by election doth not a Brexit referendum make, but surely it is more accurate than a few hundred responses to a survey over the telephone. And it isn't just one by election, these things happen quite frequently. Another in a couple of weeks in Shropshire I gather.

Rejoin EU, if they can cope with continually losing their deposit, will be trounced once again by patriotic Brexiteers.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Well Huey the results are in this morning from a poll of over 60,000 good people of Kent. Well done on getting the 151 people who turned out to vote for Rejoin EU, or 0.2% of the vote. Can we take from that that 99.8% are contented with how Brexit is going? Honestly I think we can, they'd vote to rejoin the EU otherwise wouldn't they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_O...up_by-election

Of course you will say that one by election doth not a Brexit referendum make, but surely it is more accurate than a few hundred responses to a survey over the telephone. And it isn't just one by election, these things happen quite frequently. Another in a couple of weeks in Shropshire I gather.

Rejoin EU, if they can cope with continually losing their deposit, will be trounced once again by patriotic Brexiteers.
    It's always fun to reply to dribbles, because he spares you the tedious job of doing research by doing it for you.
    From that wikipedia page:

Old Bexley and Sidcup is a constituency in south-east London. The constituency includes the suburbs of East Wickham, Falconwood, Welling, Blackfen, Bexley and Sidcup.

The constituency was created in 1983 and has only elected Conservative Members of Parliament.
    Brexiteers could be burning living babies on the stake and this constituency would still vote tory. It says exactly nothing about what people think about Brexit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    It's always fun to reply to dribbles, because he spares you the tedious job of doing research by doing it for you.
    From that wikipedia page:

Brexiteers could be burning living babies on the stake and this constituency would still vote tory. It says exactly nothing about what people think about Brexit.
    Even more funny that the brexit conservative vote dropped by 11% while labor increased by 6%.

So a super ultra safe Tory constituency voted Tory is somehow proof of Brexit support nationwide? Where the Tory vote had only ever been lower when Blair was leading Labour? This isn't a major tory win, this is a Tory win but with 20% drop off in lead.