10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Isn't it a bit demeaning for the public conversation comparing the actions of comedians with the actions of elected members of the congress?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Is this where years of Trumpism have left us?
    Yes.

Almost half the country voted for a reality TV game show host/WWE announcer instead of someone with morals, ethics, or dignity. This is what they wanted, this is what they expect.

...until a Democrat does it, of course. Suddenly the snowflakes come out of the closet when someone points out a KKK member is racist.

- - - Updated - - -

So remember on Oct 2 when Trump announced he was positive for COVID and went to the hospital and nearly died? And people were like "oh thank goodness he didn't bring a contagious, lethal disease to the Sept 29th debate that just happened"?

So it turns out, he tested positive Sept 26th. And, because Trump would literally rather be hospitalized than miss the debate -- yes, literally, we saw it -- he just took a second test, hoping it would be negative.

According to Meadows, Trump’s initial positive test on Sept. 26, 2020, shocked the White House. He recalled the White House doctor calling as Trump was scheduled to take off on Marine One, according to The Guardian.

“Stop the president from leaving,” Meadows says Sean Conley told him. “He just tested positive for Covid.”

Meadows later reportedly added that the former president's reply to the news “rhyme[d] with ‘Oh spit, you’ve gotta be trucking lidding me.’ ”
    Yes, it could have been a false positive. But
    a) the second test could have been a false negative, so fuck that excuse, and
    b) again he was carried by forklift to the hospital for COVID Oct 2, the day he announced he was positive, so, if I had to guess whether he had it or not, I'll just point to that.

Incidentally the book also says Meadows, even after getting the second result, told everyone around him to act as if he was actually sick. Just to not raise a panic.

Trump has denied having COVID before the Sept 29 debate, but he lies all the time about everything, plus again positive test -> hospital and nearly dead was about 12 hours. Everyone in this thread knows full well you don't instantly fall over and nearly die from COVID the same day you're infected. Trump is lying.

Oh, and before any Trump cultist even raises a finger to defend the situation, let me remind you: this disease is really good at killing old people who aren't in good shape. Trump was morbidly obese and you saw how bad he looked during the debate, plus all that other stuff about being unable to walk up a short hill and slurred speech. And Trump cultists like to pretend Biden is, somehow, even worse off. Trump's COVID could potentially have killed them both, leaving the battle between Harris and Pence. That's right, Trump could have handed you President Kamala Harris. You should not be defending his behavior.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ebate-n1285158

Trump, of course, denies this. Now neither is very trustworthy, but I trust Trump less than I trust Meadows.

He caught it at the Rose Garden party celebrating ACB's appointment and, if we're honest, the death of RBG.

Quickie Tuesday report:

106,876 new cases; 1,438 deaths, bringing the total to 803,045. Reporting's still too screwed to bother with a full recap and I expect that'll remain the case for the next couple days. Indiana reported the most deaths at 119 for example, but that's an obvious correction from the past few days. Minnesota reported over 12k cases, a new record, but at least part of that is also a correction. So, hospitalizations are showing pretty much the same as yesterday with numbers getting critical in Minnesota, Michigan, etc.. Texas has had a small jump. California's had a dip. Of course we'll likely see a larger bump nationally thanks to Thanksgiving gatherings and considering we were already heading up before the holiday I'm expecting it won't be pretty.

Related news:

Marcus Lamb, founder of Christian network Daystar and vaccine opponent, dies after contracting COVID-19--Na na na na, na na na na....
    @Breccia already posted the news about Trump that, well, we all probably already figured. He lied about everything, so why wouldn't he lie about that?

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    106,876 new cases; 1,438 deaths, bringing the total to 803,045.
    Has FL reported numbers yet? I saw idiots using some Thanksgiving-week data to brag about how covid didn't exist in Florida, not realizing that Florida simply hadn't reported any data to the CDC and that's why it showed as no new cases.

Also, I hate that we're over 800K and are continuing to approach 1,000,000. This didn't need to happen. This was avoidable. It still is avoidable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d send prayers to the Lamb family, but those already got them one dead family member. Get vaccinated and only take dewormer if, you know, you have worms.
    Maybe they just offered the wrong thoughts and prayers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I saw idiots using some Thanksgiving-week data to brag about how covid didn't exist in Florida, not realizing that Florida simply hadn't reported any data to the CDC and that's why it showed as no new cases.
    I'm going to guess that, once those numbers are reported, these same people would not only fail to issue corrections but would yell at anyone who pointed out their objective falsehood.

He caught it at the Rose Garden party celebrating ACB's appointment and, if we're honest, the death of RBG.
    I'm not sure that's quite right. The Rose Garden party was Sept 26, and he tested positive on Sept 26. I don't know what the chances of testing positive a couple hours after exposure are ... but I think a more likely scenario is that Trump WAS the superspreader at the Rose Garden party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm not sure that's quite right. The Rose Garden party was Sept 26, and he tested positive on Sept 26. I don't know what the chances of testing positive a couple hours after exposure are ... but I think a more likely scenario is that Trump WAS the superspreader at the Rose Garden party.
    And I thought the patient zero for the Rose Garden was Amy Covid Bearer herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

but I think a more likely scenario is that Trump WAS the superspreader at the Rose Garden party.
    Yeah, that timeline makes more sense.

Man, and nobody can do shit about it, either. Presidential immunity is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I'm reading this right, there was a FOIA lawsuit (CREW) against the White House looking for documentation Barr had about whether or not Mueller's evidence warranted charges against Trump.

Biden is holding some of this back, which isn't the issue here but probably also demands discussion in Biden's thread. But Biden's team did not write the requested item. This lawsuit is 2 years old.

But the judge apparently said that, because Barr had long ago decided Trump would not be charged no matter what, the documents the lawsuit were asking for were, therefore, not decision-based and therefore were not protected from FOIA. Basically, Executive Privilege is meant to protect who the President talks to and why, when making policy. It does not protect announcements that Trump is above the law.

DOJ has been disingenuous to this Court with respect to the existence of a decision-making process that should be shielded by the deliberative process privilege. The agency’s redactions and incomplete explanations obfuscate the true purpose of the memorandum, and the excised portions contradict the notion that it fell to the Attorney General to make a prosecution decision or that any such decision was on the table at any time.
    The judge in question is not particularly happy with Barr, who apparently lied to her specificially. Also, the document was handed over to Congress, that's probably why CREW know it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure that's quite right. The Rose Garden party was Sept 26, and he tested positive on Sept 26. I don't know what the chances of testing positive a couple hours after exposure are
    Nearly zero.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/01/ghis...user-says.html

A woman who says she was sexually abused by late sex criminal and financier Jeffrey Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell testified Wednesday that Epstein took her to meet Donald Trump at his Florida club when she was 14 years old.

The woman, in testimony at Maxwell’s federal sex crime trial, did not allege any improper conduct by Trump when she met him at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Nor did the woman characterize what happened at that meeting, which she confirmed under cross-examination by Maxwell’s lawyer Laura Menninger in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.
    So, no impropriety on Trumps part in this meeting. But weird that Trump was hosting Epstein and the children he was sexually exploiting at his club.

10+ Year Old Account
    But weird that Trump was hosting Epstein and the children he was sexually exploiting at his club.
    Is this where I say "I'm sure there are very fine child rapists on both sides"?

I don't get why Trump would do this. Or, you know, why anyone would do this, who wasn't actually there for the cihld rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Iran is all but confirmed enriching weapon-grade uranium. Why wouldn't they? The Nuclear Deal is broken. They should either do what's good for them, or use it as a hostage bargaining chip.

This is on Trump. He directly encouraged this to happen.

Has FL reported numbers yet? I saw idiots using some Thanksgiving-week data to brag about how covid didn't exist in Florida, not realizing that Florida simply hadn't reported any data to the CDC and that's why it showed as no new cases.

Also, I hate that we're over 800K and are continuing to approach 1,000,000. This didn't need to happen. This was avoidable. It still is avoidable.
    They've reported an average of about 1.5k for about a month now, and yeah, I've seen those same morons. I expect the numbers there will start heading up about the same time as the rest of the south does...not that we'll know it, because ever since they changed their reporting method I've been smelling some other shenanigans out of there. Fuck Florida.

And yes, the main reason I keep posting COVID stuff here instead of in the Gen-OT thread (apart from the fact that it invariably gets political and I'm tired of reading deniers in that thread justifying themselves with absolute bullshit) is because most of the deaths were avoidable but because we had someone in office who kept downplaying it from the very beginning instead of asking his fucknut base to be responsible somehow this became a "political" issue instead of a "public health and safety" issue.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-12-01 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    House Minority Leader McCarthy spent today yelling at his fellow Republicans, who were busy tweeting mean things at each other instead of doing their job.

Congress is not junior high
    McCarthy is half right. As pointed out earlier, almost half the country voted for someone whose only admin experience was mean tweets. It should not surprise him at all that his 2020 colleagues are following exactly this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Michigan office of US Rep. Dingell was broken into and vandalized.

Not doubt the Trump inspired asshats. She and her staff have been the victim of violent threats for awhile now.
    I noticed you and everyone else skipped and ignored the probation sentence for Thomas Alexander Starks.

It's heeeerreee...

First US omicron case detected in California

It's California, the most populous state in the US, so it's bound to drive their numbers up but mostly in the Trumper counties that have ignored all safety precautions thus far anyway. Just hope nobody has any important hospital appointments coming up soon because the preliminary findings on Omicron suggest those beds will be full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I noticed you and everyone else skipped and ignored the probation sentence for Thomas Alexander Starks.
    I'll be honest, I hadn't even heard about that one. I would recommend everyone read up on the white guy who got no prison time for terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Nice whataboutism. I don't think you'll find anyone defending him, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's heeeerreee...

First US omicron case detected in California

It's California, the most populous state in the US, so it's bound to drive their numbers up but mostly in the Trumper counties that have ignored all safety precautions thus far anyway. Just hope nobody has any important hospital appointments coming up soon because the preliminary findings on Omicron suggest those beds will be full.
    I expect New York and Illinois to start having appearances of Omicron as well very soon. The three states with the three largest international airports are going to be a hot bed for Omicron...and I'm certain that Right Wing Media is going to go full-blown tinfoil hat and blame vaccines and masks being worthless when it does happen.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I expect New York and Illinois to start having appearances of Omicron as well very soon.
    We are already in a state of emergency. I have already told my family it's possible I won't be coming "home" for the holidays because they wouldn't let me back in if I did.