Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Yeah I meant pissing off by the heckling part, depending on how it's done it can be heckling. But anyway, even if the action is simply pissing someone off to expose them, the message it sends will be received poorly by some. It's not a good look for the employees and just adds further ammo for blizzard.
    I’d have to say any one getting upset about making sexual harassers mad and exposing them likely isn’t some one you want to like you.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Activists are supposed to make you uncomfortable. Based on the comments in this thread she obviously did a good job.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Found Kotick's MMO Champion account...

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://twitter.com/BlizzJess/status...14592189849613

Blizzjess leaves Blizzard. Not because of harrassment ir anything, but because she got tired of "tackling and changing the culture".

Good riddance, one of the most toxic devs ever. Tweets all day aswell.
    One of her colleagues said this with good intentions:

Sounds like an absolute hell to work with. Intentionally tries to piss people off then calls them a creep when they lash back.

If you don't know how toxic and childish she is, just look through her Twitter profile.

The game might be slowly healing again.

Twitter culture needs to GTFO WoW asap.
    I see. A woman disagrees with your views and she's toxic. What would your mother think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’d have to say any one getting upset about making sexual harassers mad and exposing them likely isn’t some one you want to like you.
    Yeah not arguing that I'm just saying she could have been smarter about it. But then again I don't work there so for all we know that much exposure to that terrible work environment might wreak havoc on your cognitive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Ah yes, how all great advancement and change has been made in the world: By taking your toys and running away.
    Blizzard old devs were former everquest players so yes this works?

Oh you mean these devs actually represent WoW? LOL

You know well as me that your progressive ideas are unpopular so people don't create new things, they'd rather take over existing ones.

Lol, saying you want bobby kotick gone and also a lot of the devs isn't a wild concept.
    Why wouldn't I want Bobby gone? He enabled people like this in the first place.
    Read below.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Her leaving essentially means Bobby wins and everything goes back to how it was before - no changes will come out of this.

But basically, you want Bobby gone because he enabled people that fought discrimination and fought for equality?

That really shows you can be described in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Activists are supposed to make you uncomfortable. Based on the comments in this thread she obviously did a good job.
    Is the world black and white to you? So you can go ahead and intentionally piss off people then complain when they lash back?

Oh right, it's the same way some douche would rile up women then complain about them being SJWs when they're tired of his shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ikza View Post
    Read below.

But basically, you want Bobby gone because he enabled people that fought discrimination and fought for equality?

That really shows you can be described in one sentence.
    They fought jack shit besides virtue signalling on Twitter and changing a game they had no participation in the creation off.

Go back to Twitter and whiteknight there. I don't care. Both these progressive num nuts and bobby kotick ruined Blizzard. I hate them both.

Does this herald the return of the cosby suit?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

You know she wasn’t single handling carrying there movement right? There are still tons of other devs pushing for change, this is a blow to the movement but not a defeat.

- - - Updated - - -

There pushing for change in the company……
    Of course I know that she was not "the movement" but the was definitely the most prominent face and from all we know one of the most pushy and uncomfortable person of the movement. While there are others of course, losing somebody like her usually means everything crumbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Anyone who goes around the work intentionally riling people up doesn't belong in the workplace, IMO.

Her reasoning and intentions may be good, but that still makes it a hostile work environment rife with distractions and such for EVERYONE that worked there, not just the assholes she happened to find.

Exactly that is necessary for change.

Well this quickly devolved into calling the OP sexist
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Before we jump to conclusions:

1) We have no idea what she was actually doing at work. This is one off-the-cuff statement that could be fabricated.

2) We have much more elaborated-upon stories of abusers at acti-blizz, which very much justify "riling people up". Did we forget about the woman that had her nudes shared and then committed suicide?
    My point still stands. Someone who goes around the office intentionally riling people up doesn't belong in the workplace, especially if that's not your job. No, the stuff happening at Blizzard does not justify an employee who's job is not to rattle the cage and see what falls out to go around doing that.

All that does is create a hostile work environment for everyone, not just the one's the person is reportedly riling up.

It's still a workplace.

I'm not saying her attitude and general take on things isn't justified, but you don't just go around riling people up. Period. That doesn't solve the problem, it creates more.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They fought jack shit besides virtue signalling on Twitter and changing a game they had no participation in the creation off.
    so you missed the multiple walk outs, the push for an end of forced arbitration, better Hiring practices, and increased pay for lower workers, all of which they achieved. and the other things there still pushing for?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exactly that is necessary for change.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but she would have eventually been fired for the hostile work environment she was creating.

Her employment would have been a casualty of war, so to speak.

Is the world black and white to you? So you can go ahead and intentionally piss off people then complain when they lash back?

Oh right, it's the same way some douche would rile up women then complain about them being SJWs when they're tired of his shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Go back to Twitter and whiteknight there. I don't care. Both these progressive num nuts and bobby kotick ruined Blizzard. I hate them both.
    No need to get agressive dude. If you dont understand how the world works, or what a principle is, you just dont.

(And again, you're once more affirming that they fought jackshit based on the memes she posts on twitter. I really think your beef is with twitter and to whoever calls you out on your BS).

Not that I care, but what was this dude’s job in Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are intimidated by attractive women with strong political opinions you disagree with. Got it. Is there anything else to see here?
    And you like defending IRL trolls and think so highly of yourself that you're convinced everyone agrees with your arbitrary standard of physical attractiveness. There is nothing else to see here.

Blizzard old devs were former everquest players so yes this works?

Oh you mean these devs actually represent WoW? LOL

You know well as me that your progressive ideas are unpopular so people don't create new things, they'd rather take over existing ones.
    They were former Everquest players, not former Everquest developers. They were hired by Blizzard after WoW was already in production to bring in more people familiar with what was then a very new genre.

Like I said, this is about politics for you. You are mad she disagrees with you so you have to concoct this elaborate theory. Is this how you think normal, mentally stable people act? That they get all weirdly obsessed with a QA at a video game company and make posts about her inferring all kinds of weird motives. This is creepy shit.

I don't even know what "your progressive ideas are unpopular" means. Higher minimum wage, universal healthcare, workers rights, financial assistance to working families, these are all insanely popular things. They are off the charts popular.

I also hate to break it to you but what isn't popular is creepy obsessions with women you don't know and advocacy for sexual harassment.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Well this quickly devolved into calling the OP sexist
    If the shoe fits

so you missed the multiple walk outs, the push for an end of forced arbitration, better Hiring practices, and increased pay for lower workers, all of which they achieved. and the other things there still pushing for?
    You are missing the point. People like him think all of politics is about their weird identity culture war issues, so they project that attitude onto everyone else.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady