Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No clue on who this person is, or what their actual job was.

Guess i should try and keep up with all of Blizzard employees twitter feeds, other social media and overall opinions about stuff, 'uh? My bad.

She just wants the D but aint nobody giving it to her /sadge

That sucks, guess in that situation you have to change your Twitter handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    She just wants a D but nobody gives it to her
    We can add this to the list. So she's a "cunt" and a "big mouth" and "just wants a D"

But all the weirdos here will insist sexism has nothing to do with this.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are missing the point. People like him think all of politics is about their weird identity culture war issues, so they project that attitude onto everyone else.
    Good point who cares what good they actually archived on the other side of the culture war so they must be bad.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Activists are supposed to make you uncomfortable. Based on the comments in this thread she obviously did a good job.
    Not everyone who makes you uncomfortable is an activist, though. I get uncomfortable when there are hobos begging infront of the supermarket. Maybe those are some kind of social justice activists, too. And to be honest, I have a lot more empathy for the hobos.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Not everyone who makes you uncomfortable is an activist, though. I get uncomfortable when there are hobos begging infront of the supermarket. Maybe those are some kind of social justice activists, too. And to be honest, I have a lot more empathy for the hobos.
    If you had empathy for the hobos you would be advocating social justice for them.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Guess i should try and keep up with all of Blizzard employees twitter feeds, other social media and overall opinions about stuff, 'uh? My bad.
    I strongly recommend against it.

If i had to pick between playing random battlegrounds for an entire day despite losing 90% of all games and reading the Twitter feed of the average Blizzard employee for an hour, i'd choose the former.

I know for a fact that she was nothing but obnoxious and disruptive for most co-workers. She LOVED stirring up controversy and witch hunting. General Slack channel was often filled with her trying to fan flames. This is not a loss at all for Blizzard, and people who are circulating this screenshot around social media and calling her such a hero and pioneer and saying she was "removed" from Blizzard have bought into the narrative that she's pushing.

Oh, and she was a testing analyst. She's very expendable.

Sounds like a real Karen!

Today is a good day!

sounds like an arrogant gaslighter. game and blizzard are better off without her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Not that I care, but what was this dude’s job in Blizzard?
    Senior test analyst. Guessing that everyone who knows exactly what she's like had never heard of her until this thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I know for a fact that she was nothing but obnoxious and disruptive for most co-workers. She LOVED stirring up controversy and witch hunting. General Slack channel was often filled with her trying to fan flames. This is not a loss at all for Blizzard, and people who are circulating this screenshot around social media and calling her such a hero and pioneer and saying she was "removed" from Blizzard have bought into the narrative that she's pushing.

Oh, and she was a testing analyst. She's very expendable.
    I've dealt with people with personalities somewhat similar to hers in my WoW career, both male and female. Doesn't matter how competent they are, keeping them around only hinders things in the long run.

Best of luck to the company that swooped her up, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Life was great without social media

We need to go back
    this! so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Senior test analyst. Guessing that everyone who knows exactly what she's like had never heard of her until this thread.
    Well I didnt know who Yang was when I called his diablo leggo system dog shit.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My point still stands. Someone who goes around the office intentionally riling people up doesn't belong in the workplace, especially if that's not your job. No, the stuff happening at Blizzard does not justify an employee who's job is not to rattle the cage and see what falls out to go around doing that.

All that does is create a hostile work environment for everyone, not just the one's the person is reportedly riling up.

It's still a workplace.

I'm not saying her attitude and general take on things isn't justified, but you don't just go around riling people up. Period. That doesn't solve the problem, it creates more.
    This mentality stifles whistleblowers. Sorry but if your company does horrible things, and the normal resolution process constantly fails, it's time to break the norm. If that makes people uncomfortable, it's on them to fix the issue, or at least support the fix.

I'm not saying she was a saint, because we really don't know what this quote actually entailed:

"Jessica was very good at starting hard conversations. She uncovered creeps by pissing them off so much they outed themselves. (Multiple times) She made it safer for women/others here. We will continue the fight to remove the Tick. Thank you @blizzJess , you deserve the rest. Blue heart"

Were these casual conversations that she rudely interrupted? Or responses to DMs from coworkers that were clearly over the line? We don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I've dealt with people with personalities somewhat similar to hers in my WoW career, both male and female. Doesn't matter how competent they are, keeping them around only hinders things in the long run.

Best of luck to the company that swooped her up, I guess.
    Same, it was always doom an gloom and heaven forbid if you never sided with them completely or just wanted to be left alone so you could get your work done. In the end they were far worse for the morale then anything going on at work..

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are intimidated by attractive women with strong political opinions you disagree with. Got it. Is there anything else to see here?
    "attractive" BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH