Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He has a skeleton face.

Fisto isn't just a fist with a face on it.
    What do they call the other skeletors? His people.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don’t think his people were ever given a name but the planet/realm (no idea how it works they use portals but hordak used a space shop) was called apollyos.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Really depends on which origin of Skeletor you wanna accept.

In some he's from a race called Gar .
    In others he's just a dude that got acid splashed in his face.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-11-29 at 07:05 PM.

Wait, they all had skeleton heads?

This mythology is wild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, they all had skeleton heads?

This mythology is wild.
    Not only that but the skull must grow as we see a baby/toddler skull and it has no teeth.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

In some he’s the older brother of the king, cast out for having purple skin

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I was into Evil-lyn and Dark-Lyn too.
    Skeletor definitely put up more resistance than I would have.

Skeletor's not a skeleton. That's not a purple body suit. That's his skin. Skull face, not skeleton body.

And here we go with the "but why are there girls in my manly man man show!" stuff.

Also, He-Man was so popular with girls in the '80s that they created She-Ra specifically to try and cater more to that demographic.

And Easyclassictopkeklel, where the heck did you get the idea that you can only have one strong female character in a show? Particularly as this show also always had Evil Lyn and the Sorceress.
    I mean you can complain all you want. She-ra was indeed created for the female audience, why was there a need to do it on He-man as well? Is She-ra going to become about empowered men? Maybe we are supposed to flip-flop? I don't enjoy what they have done. It is what it is. I could pretend i like the whole female empowerment thing, and i have no problem with that, but not on a show that wasn't about that. That is not why i watched it.
    This is like shows sex changing the main character. I'm sorry, it feels too forced for me. I cannot enjoy that. Be it man to women or women to men.

I don't know, watching it from start to finish I didn't feel like the story was centered around gender. I really liked that it went into Adam's own insecurities about how people prefer He-man over him. He went as far as to be Adam in Preternia instead of He-man. Even after part 1 I was still interested in the show. Teela does get more of a role in this than other versions but I didn't really mind that either.

it's just so weird and feels very out of place at this time.
    the 80's heavy metal look which i loved as a kid feels kinda awkward now.
    not really a franchise that i'd say aged well.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it's just so weird and feels very out of place at this time.
    the 80's heavy metal look which i loved as a kid feels kinda awkward now.
    not really a franchise that i'd say aged well.
    I mean, it was a marketing stunt meant to sell surplus rebuilt Conan action figures. Let's not argue that it was quality when it first came out.

I mean, it was a marketing stunt meant to sell surplus rebuilt Conan action figures. Let's not argue that it was quality when it first came out.
    true but kid me didn't know that.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

This thread got me watching part two.

How the hell is she fucking a skeleton?
    well his skull is the only skeleton part, rest of him i believe is flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Not only that but the skull must grow as we see a baby/toddler skull and it has no teeth.
    My mind is being blown here. Those aren't empty eye sockets but black orbs?

When Lyn kissed him, was she tonguing his teeth?

7+ Year Old Account
    My mind is being blown here. Those aren't empty eye sockets but black orbs?

When Lyn kissed him, was she tonguing his teeth?
    see these are the important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    In some he’s the older brother of the king, cast out for having purple skin

- - - Updated - - -

Skeletor definitely put up more resistance than I would have.
    Younger brother of the King in a couple of them. One he was changed by the dark magic he tried wielding and another was some sort of acid splash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    see these are the important questions.
    Lyn is def the naughty girl type.

- - - Updated - - -

She looked amazing at the end of the last episode.

The animation quality is stunning. Didn’t like He-Man’s expression though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed the show too.

I know there is a lot of kofuffle about this show on the interwebs, a lot of angry fans, angry about their cartoons.

Personally I get the hate at least from those with legit criticisms, but as someone who only knew about Revelations when it was released and didn't have no steak in its build up... I felt pretty satisfied with it.

I actually love the nods to the old 80's cartoon and even the stylized action figure art work within the show. The colours and animation are also good too, a little bit stiff in places.

The show isnt perfect, its a nostalgia fest for me. A drive by sight seeing show, and like the Ghostbusters Afterlife movie, I am fine with fan service. I also like the shows more grown up approach but it lacks the real campiness of the 80's show and maybe takes itself too serious. I am fine with it feeling like its trying to grow up with those that loved the 80's show. Personally I really enjoyed it

But in my opinion its a 6 or a 7/10 show for me.. I don't hate it as much as others and I am an 80's kid who grew up with the original He-Man. the show is a bit slow and dull in places but despite the hate I do feel the show has heart.

I liked it but felt it could have been longer and a little more fleshed out. I didn't watch the original series or any of that stuff- I was aware of it as a child of the 80s. But it was a "boy's show" at the time. Going into the reboot I don't think they added enough depth to the characters for a modern take. I did enjoy it as mentioned but it had room to improve.
    In the mid 80's on Saturday morning they would have a He-Man/She-Ra hour where they would show them bakc to back so me and my sister would end up watching both.. I watched a lot of She-ra as a kid just as much as He-Man lol. I watched a lot of girls shows back in the 80';s like Jem, My Little Pony and She-ra. Mainly because I wanted to get to the boys shows that played afterwards :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-30 at 11:41 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    In the mid 80's on Saturday morning they would have a He-Man/She-Ra hour where they would show them bakc to back so me and my sister would end up watching both.. I watched a lot of She-ra as a kid just as much as He-Man lol. I watched a lot of girls shows back in the 80';s like Jem, My Little Pony and She-ra. Mainly because I wanted to get to the boys shows that played afterwards :P
    I was too old for that- like 10 or 11 by the time She-ra came out and I only have sisters.

The Dungeons and Dragons animated show was my thing. That left a huge impression on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was too old for that- like 10 or 11 by the time She-ra came out and I only have sisters.

The Dungeons and Dragons animated show was my thing. That left a huge impression on me.
    Really? didn't Dungeons & Dragons come out after He-Man and She-Ra?

also they need to finish off that Dungeons & Dragons show and give it and ending, those poor kids are still trapped within that ride
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-02 at 04:12 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Really? didn't Dungeons & Dragons come out after He-Man and She-Ra?

also they need to finish off that Dungeons & Dragons show and give it and ending, those poor did are still trapped within that ride
    Not sure about He-Man, didn't watch that much. But the D&D cartoon was 1983 and She-Ra 1985.

Ok so the very first mini comics in 1982 mentioned that Skeletor was originally an inhabitant of another dimension, populated with "others of his kind" and fell through a portal to Eternia during a great war. The mini-comics that came directly after it suggested he was King Randors long lost brother that had got trapped in that other dimension.

Since then, the established lore across all the different Masters of the Universe lore was the he was originally a guy called Keldor, who was or wasn't He-Mans uncle -

His face was burnt nearly off in a fight with King Randor, before Adam was born, andhe was mortally wounded. He was saved by magics (I think from Hordak) but ended up with his Skull head. There was even a slick "Birth of Skeletor" figure with a burnt up head -

But then Kevin Smith, as he's such a great story teller and HUGE MOTU SUPERFAN remember, decided to ignore all of this and give him a new tragic backstory..

Where he lived on a whole planet of Skeleton faced people

And he had a wife with a skull face Skeletara and little baby skull face girl Skeletina, or something equally crap

Alas they were killed when Skeletor rose up to free his people from slavery. So Skeletor joined Hordak as his apprentice and turned to the dark side as Hordak promised he could learn to use the force to bring back his dead wife eventually.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-12-01 at 10:43 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!