Poll: What new or allied race would you play?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What new/allied race would you be the most excited to play?

Title.

Personally I think it's an absolute crime that we got Draenei who are just Draenei++ as an allied race instead of Horde Manari Eredar. Gimme those demon dudes plz.

I wanna see night elf Worgen as an allied race but with a bit more effort. Nature/forest emerald dream based. However, doing something special and unique to warrant it.. not just have say worgen model but with a night elf instead of human - that'd be disappointing

You can have a night elf form. But with different unique featureL But you can have animal features like antlers, for feathered arms like Malfurion’s model, or faun feet, gnarled branches arm like Keepers of the Grove.

For the beast man form, players can choose between a worgen (could use the Gilnean version), a bird man like the high arrakoa, a panther man like the Saberon but purple night elf skin tones, and a bear man like the Druid guardian Mage tower form.

Your beast man form will alter what type of animal features your elf form will get.

My motivation here is that I want to see a true forest elf race. I love night elves but moreso with their dark elf and forest elf duality and polarity - makes them interesting esp when you add the whole star thing. Their lore is too good and too grand to be pidgeon holed into just the forest half. Let’s get an allied race for that. Worgen, but with night elves instead of humans
    Last edited by Mace; 2021-12-02 at 01:25 PM.

none of these Unfortunately.

Tuskarr would be cool, ten million Brimley variants would get old fast. Ogres just would please me as an old school Warcraft player, just make them hermaphrodites get those woke points.

Problem is would people actually play these or do they just become more fat non existent races with Panda and KT.

Ethereal and Arrakoa would be cool, people like those ugly ass snakemen too. Tiger people always came across as "developmentally challenged" but they look cool. Those plant guys were neat but kind of insane. Naga should be playable, proper Forest Trolls won't happen but should, San'layn were kind of cool but fuck elves and their weirdo fans enough is enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa, Mogu and Sethrak would be more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Title.

Personally I think it's an absolute crime that we got Draenei who are just Draenei++ as an allied race instead of Horde Manari Eredar. Gimme those demon dudes plz.
    Honestly manaari eredar that look to the orcs for help to cure their demonic curse would be a great option to contrast void elves.
    Though void elves simply shouldnt exist, they should have gotten high elves.
    BC call back race swap, makes perfect sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Munson85 View Post
    Tuskarr would be cool, ten million Brimley variants would get old fast. Ogres just would please me as an old school Warcraft player, just make them hermaphrodites get those woke points.

Problem is would people actually play these or do they just become more fat non existent races with Panda and KT.

Ethereal and Arrakoa would be cool, people like those ugly ass snakemen too. Tiger people always came across as "developmentally challenged" but they look cool. Those plant guys were neat but kind of insane. Naga should be playable, proper Forest Trolls won't happen but should, San'layn were kind of cool but fuck elves and their weirdo fans enough is enough.
    ew no, just give them those butch ugly female dire troll models. Ugly females is just as progressive

It would feel wierd to play as a Celestial After Life Being but I still fantasize about Vampires in WoW, so...

I went with Kyrian, Venthyr, and Other, because I would also be excited to have playable Vrykul on the Horde, more so than the other options, which I just think would be neat to play as in general, particularly Venthyr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres, first of the list as always, the rest is secondary

Venthyr if they don't want to waste shadowlands assets, saberon and botani if they remember they came here in bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know what we want...

Murlocks.

Broken, taunka, mok’nathal, and jinyu.

Not opposed to forest trolls and mogu either.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-12-02 at 01:46 PM.

4 legged Cryptlord Nerubians. After that, maybe Centaur/Magnataur/Tol'vir/Genesaur.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eredar for a way of having Draenei Warlocks or indeed Horde Draenei as it's the biggest failing of their faction lacking them.

Other than that IDK, maybe Lightforged Humans/Undead or some shit?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I wanna see night elf Worgen as an allied race but with a bit more effort. Nature/forest emerald dream based. However, doing something special and unique to warrant it.. not just have say worgen model but with a night elf instead of human - that'd be disappointing

You can have a night elf form. But with different unique featureL But you can have animal features like antlers, for feathered arms like Malfurion’s model, or faun feet, gnarled branches arm like Keepers of the Grove.

For the beast man form, players can choose between a worgen (could use the Gilnean version), a bird man like the high arrakoa, a panther man like the Saberon but purple night elf skin tones, and a bear man like the Druid guardian Mage tower form.

Your beast man form will alter what type of animal features your elf form will get.

My motivation here is that I want to see a true forest elf race. I love night elves but moreso with their dark elf and forest elf duality and polarity - makes them interesting esp when you add the whole star thing. Their lore is too good and too grand to be pidgeon holed into just the forest half. Let’s get an allied race for that. Worgen, but with night elves instead of humans
    As interesting as this would be, lore wise and game thematic wise it would make no sense. Worgens themselves have todo with the wolf god Goldrinn and night elves as worgen have already been shown they would simply be the wolf like worgens we already see. I could see subtle differences in the worgen forms but beyond that if other animals or things were added they wouldnt be worgens. I do think a basic night elf worgen would make for a fun allied race tho.

Based on night elf lore really the only night elves who transform into animals are druids at any rate. Worgens are a special exception due to the lore and it being a magical 'curse'.
    Last edited by tekaqua; 2021-12-02 at 01:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted vrykul as a playable race even since WotLK. More recently, though... if they were to make venthyr an allied race I would immediately be dropping $$$ to race change several of my characters.

Out of those, probably Ogre, but none of them get me particularly excited. The only thing that'd get me really excited to play would be something that doesn't have two arms two legs & a head, but with how cosmetics work, it's never going to happen. Destined to have humans & human knock-offs with no out-there choices forever.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    High Elves /s

Nah, gimme some Ethereals baby! Or Vrykul. I'd love to rock a Vrykul. I'd also be open to anything dragon-flavored, though I feel like that fits a class better than a race. Kyrians ain't bad, but I'd honestly prefer some Redeemed Harpies over them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    High Elves /s

Nah, gimme some Ethereals baby! Or Vrykul. I'd love to rock a Vrykul. I'd also be open to anything dragon-flavored, though I feel like that fits a class better than a race. Kyrians ain't bad, but I'd honestly prefer some Redeemed Harpies over them.
    Vrykul + Dragonsworn class would be really nice.

Dryads
    Fairies
    Centaurs
    Arakkoa

I`d really like playing something that walks on four legs for a change, and i say that as a feral druid.

Tuskarr, baby. All the way. Kalu'ak unite!

OP - Please edit your poll to correct the spelling of this noble race.