Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So where is the comedy/terrible writing, saw and heard nothing I haven't read in other stories.

I am not expecting anything at this point. WoW Lore is dull and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    So where is the comedy/terrible writing, saw and heard nothing I haven't read in other stories.
    Just because it was somewhere already, it doesn't mean it cannot be comedy or terrible writing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It refers to Arthas, transparently so given that she mentions being forced to fight her people which she didn't do unless she identifies as a night elf. It's also part of the same datamining string as a bit discussing forgiving someone and being jury and executioner, tied to Uther.
    Sylvanas is a part of the attack on Silvermoon which was full of her people. She isn't technically a hero unit in Warcraft 3 but she is a part of the army, just rewatched a Fall of Silvermoon video to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Sylvanas is a part of the attack on Silvermoon which was full of her people. She isn't technically a hero unit in Warcraft 3 but she is a part of the army, just rewatched a Fall of Silvermoon video to confirm it.
    I know, that's what I'm getting at. The line is about that. Arthas is the one who raised and controlled her and kept her around like Jafar from Alladin has that parrot while he killed her people. Arthas is the one she can't pin point when she was free from, as it took place off-screen between missions in TFT and Arthas is the one who she fired an arrow and wanted to be judge and executioner to. None of this applies to the Bald Man and it applies even less in the context of what is a conversation with Uther.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I do love the direction of the story. I know we'll probably stop the Jailor, so that part isn't too exciting for my part but the soul and thoughts of Sylvanas after she threw herself off Icecrown Citadel and was revived by the Valkyries is something I've always wanted to know more about. Was she in full control over herself when she invaded say Gilneas? Or is there perhaps some redeeming factor?

I can't wait for the conclusion

The writers don't remember BTS happened, something I wish I could say the same on. The writers in their material hyping up this patch both directly mention she'll be under Bluther's wing and that Sylvanas was tricked rather than controlled and the same dialogue refers to being judge and executioner, which is the same language used regarding Bluther chucking Arthas into turbo hell. It's not the MC copout, it's another, different copout, the one the entire expansion hinges upon, which is that everything is forgivable and being mad about your suffering and that of your people makes you evil.
    The point of this is that then.
    To be angry for my suffering, myself and my people and that for that reason I am evil and kill people is forgivable.

So there is no reason to forgive. Because if I do not forgive that is forgivable because everything is forgivable.

Then the correct choice would be Don't Forgive XD.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The point of this is that then.
    To be angry for my suffering, myself and my people and that for that reason I am evil and kill people is forgivable.

So there is no reason to forgive. Because if I do not forgive that is forgivable because everything is forgivable.

Then the correct choice would be Don't Forgive XD.
    I did not understand a single thing you just said XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I do love the direction of the story. I know we'll probably stop the Jailor, so that part isn't too exciting for my part but the soul and thoughts of Sylvanas after she threw herself off Icecrown Citadel and was revived by the Valkyries is something I've always wanted to know more about. Was she in full control over herself when she invaded say Gilneas? Or is there perhaps some redeeming factor?

I can't wait for the conclusion
    I'm enjoying the story as well and always felt a deep interest in Sylvanas' story. One of the most interesting characters imo. People just like to complain and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I did not understand a single thing you just said XD
    Sylvanas: Everything can be forgiven. You have to forgive me Tyrande.
    Tyrande: or maybe I'll kill you. Total then you can forgive me.
    Tyrande: it is more I can destroy total Ogrimar they will forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    We know for 2 good years that she was corrupted. From the moment we saw those shadow ultra hyper powers, we knew that something had got into her.

So all pretty normal.

People will just pick on literally anything.
    You and everyone else did not know this, what a baseless claim to make.

The writers don't remember BTS happened, something I wish I could say the same on. The writers in their material hyping up this patch both directly mention she'll be under Bluther's wing and that Sylvanas was tricked rather than controlled and the same dialogue refers to being judge and executioner, which is the same language used regarding Bluther chucking Arthas into turbo hell. It's not the MC copout, it's another, different copout, the one the entire expansion hinges upon, which is that everything is forgivable and being mad about your suffering and that of your people makes you evil.
    Still, the part about shooting an arrow after being freed is a fairly obscure reference. Blizzard could of course always clarify that arrow being fired before this piece of dialogue, but it's very much a long way to go for a reference compared to the most recent cutscebe featuring Sylvanas firing an arrow at a guy with spooky armor.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    We know for 2 good years that she was corrupted. From the moment we saw those shadow ultra hyper powers, we knew that something had got into her.

So all pretty normal.

People will just pick on literally anything.
    I agree to some extent. I knew that she received her super powers from somewhere, I was wrong saying that it was Old God's though.
    She was never on the Malfurion power, she was lucky that Saurfang was there, otherwise she would have lose.

Wouldn't say that everyone knew about her power-ups being obvious though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Danuser seems like the kind of guy that drinks his own bathwater. I truly feel sorry for people who hold onto hope thinking the story will somehow improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I honestly don't get why Danuser seems to have little to no fans in Blizzard and in the fanbase, but he's still allowed to butcher the story so much...
    This level of storywriting is on par with students and interns.
    You seem to be under the impression that the story writers actually have control over the major pieces of the plot. They don't. They get told from on high what's going to happen, and then they have to figure out how to make that work to the best of their ability. Sure, smaller, more trivial things they can do whatever the they want with, but the survival of an important, long-lasting, fan-favorite (in the past) lore character? There's no way Danuser would've been allowed to decide that. He was probably just told that she had to live and then tried to figure out how to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Way too difficult to judge this stripped of context and with it being unclear as to what she's even talking about. Is she referring to her time as Arthas' slave in the Scourge or assumed slavery to the Jailer? As I've said before, I'm more or less resigned to her getting some kind of soft redemption arc, but there's nothing here that really stands out as confirming that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I honestly don't get why Danuser seems to have little to no fans in Blizzard and in the fanbase, but he's still allowed to butcher the story so much...
    This level of storywriting is on par with students and interns.
    I honestly don't get how Danuser is leading the story after saying he enjoyed GOT S8.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that the story writers actually have control over the major pieces of the plot. They don't. They get told from on high what's going to happen, and then they have to figure out how to make that work to the best of their ability. Sure, smaller, more trivial things they can do whatever the they want with, but the survival of an important, long-lasting, fan-favorite (in the past) lore character? There's no way Danuser would've been allowed to decide that. He was probably just told that she had to live and then tried to figure out how to make it work.
    What I think. We have to blame is that in each fight of Tyrande it seems that this loses and that is why it seems that the whole plot of revenge is garbage and all that.

Instead of writing words where Tyrande wins and the enemies have to flee or die (What happens). The stories are that Tyrande is useless and she does not achieve anything and the enemies flee (die) because ... they wanted to
    Last edited by geco; 2021-12-02 at 02:36 PM.

No one should have expected anything different from Blizzard at this point.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Well someone is responsible and Steve keeps claiming he is, as he is Lead Narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Way too difficult to judge this stripped of context and with it being unclear as to what she's even talking about. Is she referring to her time as Arthas' slave in the Scourge or assumed slavery to the Jailer? As I've said before, I'm more or less resigned to her getting some kind of soft redemption arc, but there's nothing here that really stands out as confirming that.
    I mean.... I m kinda thinking these dialogues are pretty much confirming that. Whether shes reffering to Arthas or the jailer why tf would they even bother including that or having her help us with the jailer if it wasnt for some redemption arc ala Grom style?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Well someone is responsible and Steve keeps claiming he is, as he is Lead Narrative.
    Lead Narrative still doesn't actually decide the broad strokes. That's decided by the people who okay an expansion concept. We're talking like, the lead designer for the whole game, or someone even higher up than that. Lead Narrative just means he's the leader of the Narrative team. He's in-charge of the writers, but he's not the one in-charge of everything.