Poll: What new or allied race would you play?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tuskarr - For the fun of getting a top hat and monocle transmog and running around with it.
    Ethereals - Because... why not

Have to throw my hat in the ring with Team Tuskarr.

none just put the focus on establishing good story arcs for the existing ones and develop Azeroth with some new unplayable races and factions so that the world doesn't become a manichaean nightmare. It was a good idea to have the character move toward splitting the world into two factions, but the story shouldn't allow it to happen.

I want races that are actually integrated with the overall setting. Not just the ones associated with the rep grind of the month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Title.

Personally I think it's an absolute crime that we got Draenei who are just Draenei++ as an allied race instead of Horde Manari Eredar. Gimme those demon dudes plz.
    Ethereals as well!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    As interesting as this would be, lore wise and game thematic wise it would make no sense. Worgens themselves have todo with the wolf god Goldrinn and night elves as worgen have already been shown they would simply be the wolf like worgens we already see. I could see subtle differences in the worgen forms but beyond that if other animals or things were added they wouldnt be worgens. I do think a basic night elf worgen would make for a fun allied race tho.

Based on night elf lore really the only night elves who transform into animals are druids at any rate. Worgens are a special exception due to the lore and it being a magical 'curse'.
    Lore is never a problem, you just need to know it well and have creative capacity.

These night elves have been in the Emerald dream since legion. They are far more attuned in general to nature and the dream and would have met other wild gods - this is what allows the various different beast-Elf versions of which a Worgen is one.

You simply expand the scope of their experience to account for the new forms.

The transformation fits the original Worgen of which these are and have had something lik 8 to 6 k years i the dream to develop.

I couldn’t figure out why you would think they made no sense game thematic wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Lore is never a problem, you just need to know it well and have creative capacity.

These night elves have been in the Emerald dream since legion. They are far more attuned in general to nature and the dream and would have met other wild gods - this is what allows the various different beast-Elf versions of which a Worgen is one.

The transformation fits the original Worgen of which these are and have had something lik 8 to 6 k years i the dream to develop.

I couldn’t figure out why you would think they made no sense game thematic wise.
    Worgen are worgen, regardless of whether they were elf or human before.

It would be a total waste of an allied race slot.
    Plus, we've already got the "Night Elf" allied race with the Horde Nightborne.

I don't think we need anymore "elf" associated races.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Because there's already an in depth lore for worgen which included night elves and that doesn't connect to it all. It has nothing to do with the emerald dream. And also those are druids in the emerald dream, not just night elves. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but it def doesn't make sense as a race in that regard. Not all night elves are druids.

I think saying group of druids who have had a prolonged stay in the emerald dream are now like a sub species of night elves could work, however i wouldnt include worgen as that is a whole separate lore and not related.

The og worgen were created from the scythe of elune and are related to moon magic, they were simply sealed in the emerald dream to contain them, and then were released to fight against the scourge and began spreading the curse. They don't get any power from the emerald dream and it didn't change them, they were already worgen before going in. Its like the demon hunters that were locked up in the vault they dont get anything from that, they were just imprisoned there, their power comes from the demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Worgen are worgen, regardless of whether they were elf or human before.

It would be a total waste of an allied race slot.
    Plus, we've already got the "Night Elf" allied race with the Horde Nightborne.

I don't think we need anymore "elf" associated races.
    I think night elf worgen if anything should just be an option for night elves, and not an allied race. At this point I'd like to see more allied races be universal as well. Something Kyrian or Venthyr and be able to be chosen from horde or alliance. Honestly the whole faction thing is over done at this point and makes little to no sense. Yes it was the core of warcraft game series and the start of WoW but its moved past that for a long time.
    Last edited by tekaqua; 2021-12-02 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    We all know what we want...

Murlocks.
    Murlock racial should be the ability to run away and come back with 3 more Murlocks

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres
    Satyr
    Vrykul
    Naga
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'd really love to play as Kyrian although as has been pointed out this might be somewhat problematic lorewise to have an Kyrian running around Azeroth.
    From a pure aestetically point of view though I really do like those and the theme they represent that I would surely enjoy playing.
    As it stands now I don't see Blizzard adding any new races as playable options anytime soon though. Hopefully there will be a lot more options for customization of the existing ones in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Arakkoa, Mogu and Sethrak would be more interesting to me.
    These as well as Vrykul for me. Would love to see at least one of these be playable.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Tuskarr were done dirty back in 2008. I've waited 13 years for them to be playable. And I'll wait another 13 if I must.

They were also done dirty in this poll, the only misspelled option.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Honestly, though? Dragons.

Choose a flight, your basic form (maybe unlock new ones over time like Legion artifacts), but the bulk of your customization is choosing from existing races. Maybe giving them a few horn/scale/eyeglow options.

I think Blizzard should start listening to people. Ogres in the Horde are being demanded for a long time. Even all those who would like to see a different race in the Horde would agree that Ogres are the most reasonable race.

However, I don't believe they should be an Allied Race, they should have their own skeleton and even their own starting zone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I think Blizzard should start listening to people. Ogres in the Horde are being demanded for a long time. Even all those who would like to see a different race in the Horde would agree that Ogres are the most reasonable race.

However, I don't believe they should be an Allied Race, they should have their own skeleton and even their own starting zone instead.
    Especially since the reason they gave for not giving us playable Ogres can be summarized as a sexist, "We don't know how to make supermodel Ogre females, so we're not going to add the race."

Broken Draenei, Ogres, Vrykul, San'layn, Night Elf Worgen, Mogu, and Jinyu.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post
    These as well as Vrykul for me. Would love to see at least one of these be playable.
    Vrykul would definitely be cool. Only problem would be the height, same problem Ogres have.