Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lionheart Season of Mastery Realm Temporarily Offline due to Transfer Exploit

Lionheart Season of Mastery Realm Temporarily Offline due to Transfer Exploit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    UPDATED 4:23 p.m. PST – December 3, 2021

The Lionheart (AU) Season of Mastery Realm has been returned to service and is available for play.

During this downtime, we tracked down every character that transferred to the realm and began the process of returning them to their origin and reversing their actions. That work is still underway, and we will continue to ensure that no items or economic impacts remain on Lionheart.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

11:00 a.m. PST

We’ve temporarily disabled the Lionheart (AU) Season of Mastery realm while we take our next steps to address the transfer bug experienced on that realm.

We’ll provide further updates here as soon as possible.

Earlier today, on the Lionheart Season of Mastery Realm, players have noticed characters riding the Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount and wearing best in slot gear from PvP and Naxxramas.

It looks like the "exploit" to transfer a character from WoW Classic to WoW SoM was available for quite a while, which was enough time to make a huge impact in both the economy and PvP.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-12-04 at 12:32 AM.

Just goes to show that, given the chance, some people will go out of their way to ruin the spirit and intent of something that's supposed to be fun the way it's presented. Humanity sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Just goes to show that, given the chance, some people will go out of their way to ruin the spirit and intent of something that's supposed to be fun the way it's presented. Humanity sucks.
    Wow, you say humanity sucks as if every person would be a fucking idiot working for Blizzard. Please.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Wow, you say humanity sucks as if every person would be a fucking idiot working for Blizzard. Please.
    It'd be better if you actually learned English, that way you could understand the context of what was said. Do you like just randomly crying about things you don't understand and then posting nonsense about it?

Rereleasing a 17 year old game for the second time is a hard task for a small indie company like Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Rereleasing a 17 year old game for the second time is a hard task for a small indie company like Blizzard.
    To be fair they’re busy with more important things like tracking down what pixelated art from 2005 they need to censor or turn into fruit. Oh shit this woman is showing skin on her tummy. Let’s make her a bowl of grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    It'd be better if you actually learned English, that way you could understand the context of what was said. Do you like just randomly crying about things you don't understand and then posting nonsense about it?
    But you're the one crying.

"Did you even read what he wrote? lol"

15+ Year Old Account
    Just delete their Classic chars and SoM chars, then ban em for 6months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Just delete their Classic chars and SoM chars, then ban em for 6months.
    I have a feeling the sweaty try hard with R13 gear and Corrupted Ashbringer using all pots and flasks against fresh phase one players might just be a bit upset if both their toons got nuked.

evil laugh
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

In my line of work we call them Quality Assurance.

That poor vendor they hired to do all their development. Think of the people.

Bruh, it's a game. Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    "Did you even read what he wrote? lol"
    "Yea, he somehow got that blizzard ruining fun is somehow players and everyone elses malice. So I corrected him."

"Yea, he somehow got that blizzard ruining fun is somehow players and everyone elses malice. So I corrected him."
    Blizzard stopping people from transferring overgeared characters to a fresh start server is... ruining peoples' fun?

They should have caught this before, yes, but you'd have to be a shitstain to take advantage of that.

If you think it was at all okay to take advantage of this, you are in fact a shitstain.

10+ Year Old Account
    small indie company lmao. this is honestly the funniest shit i've seen in a hot minute. honestly kudos to the players that did transfer. the games a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Blizzard stopping people from transferring overgeared characters to a fresh start server is... ruining peoples' fun?

They should have caught this before, yes, but you'd have to be a shitstain to take advantage of that.

If you think it was at all okay to take advantage of this, you are in fact a shitstain.
    Thank you Sniper. Quoted for emphasis. I stand by what I said. People exploiting these things suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity, did the people who took advantage of this have to pay to transfer their character(s)? I hope so, and I hope they get some sort of suspension too.

Its simply amazing to me how one of the biggest and formerly respected gaming companies can just constantly keep failing to such a degree,it honestly feels like a parody...like its done on purpose,but its not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Out of curiousity, did the people who took advantage of this have to pay to transfer their character(s)? I hope so, and I hope they get some sort of suspension too.
    if anything they should get payed for pre alpha testing this crap

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    if anything they should get payed for pre alpha testing this crap
    I disagree, they intentionally abused a fault in Blizzard's system to ruin the fun of others. You'd have some sort of point if it was harmless.