Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Allied Races for 10.0

I open this post to discuss in the event that we get allied races for the next expansion which do you think we would get.

Alliance
    • Half elf

Horde
    • Half orc

Well these are my options for the possible allied races since Blizard announced the 10.0 it would be something completely new I came up with the idea of the two mixed races that have been mentioned in the world of Azeroth.

Half orc, half ....what? Half Draenei? Like Garona?

Because it aint gonna be human.

Mok'nathal or bust, man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd be surprised to see "Half Elf" or "Half Orc" as the races if for no other reason than we don't know what the other half is from those names. I could see Mok'nathal should Blizz opt to do any sort of mixed-race character.

I'm also of the opinion that we've seen the last "Allied" race to be added to the game. It would seem that most of the items used for Allied Races are now going to be used for racial customizations like we've gotten in Shadowlands. But I could see new Core Races added. The most logical one for the Horde right now is likely Ogres...they've got a long & storied history with the Horde, there is a lot of story elements they could add to the Horde, and they have been requested by a lot of people for a long time. The Alliance don't necessarily have a strong fit in this area. Ankoan/Jinyu could work, but the excitement wouldn't be there. Sethrak feel more like Horde after the Vol'dun quests, High Elves are being merged into Void Elves seemingly. Maybe Ethereals or Naga pending how the story is, though the former would need a Void story to really fit & the latter might feel weird...Azshara is not the type to work for a King.

They are obviously going to sell us the covenant races as Allied Races via the pre-order of the next expansion. It's already WIP.

Horde: Undead Elves, Kelfin, Mok,Nathal, Night Elf Worgen

Alliance: Frost Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Desert Humans, Northrend Worgen

Sethrak please, my scaly heart desires it so much.

Horde:
    Mok'nathal
    Forsaken Elves/Dark Fallen: A catch all for undead elves like Dark Rangers and San'layn.
    Ogres
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

For next expansion hmm ... I think Delaryn Summermoon's dark rangers kind of felt like they were going the way of allied races but never materialized. Maybe they could do it next expansion - undead elves.
    In terms of races I've always wanted ogres, arakkoa, naga, the typical ones. But those maybe could be introduced as traditional races instead of allied races, if they ever go back to that. In terms of allied races, I think jinyu and hozen were shoe ins considering how they were literally allied with alliance and horde. Taunka/frost dwarves as well.

Though if they give us the covenant races by the end of this expansion, I'll be ecstatic. I think for next expansion I'd maybe prefer that they'd give us class skins. Using the bones of current classes with new aesthetics to give us new classes or new class fantasies.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would happily give all my money to play a venthyr. That seems highly unlikely, however, so I'll settle for vrykul.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Allied Races were a BfA feature, they should add regular races back as expansion features not Allied Races

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Horde:
    Mok'nathal
    Forsaken Elves/Dark Fallen: A catch all for undead elves like Dark Rangers and San'layn.
    Ogres
    I've never understood this push for mok'nathal. Half-ogre, half-orc, so a slightly larger orc? What could they bring to the table that orcs already have? At least full ogres are more visually distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    In terms of allied races, I think jinyu and hozen were shoe ins considering how they were literally allied with alliance and horde. Taunka/frost dwarves as well.
    I would like hozen, but I'm afraid they'd be hard to implement. Don't the hozen walk on all fours?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I would happily give all my money to play a venthyr. That seems highly unlikely, however, so I'll settle for vrykul.
    Pretty much exactly the same for me, Venthyr and Vrykul are my top 2 of all times.

I figured the whole San'Layn ship has sailed sadly, would have loved some true Vampire elf allied race that includes stance/pose chance and animation fromm the Og models and complete it with bat ears, fangs, claws, pale skin and ofc red eyes. To top it off the quartermaster is finnaly selling us these real HIGH collars that wrap around that the Venthyr have as well. .. btt what ever it's so hard to do that..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-05 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Half orc, half ....what? Half Draenei? Like Garona?

Because it aint gonna be human.

Mok'nathal or bust, man!
    No, literally half of an orc or elf. You can play either a horizontal half of an orc/elf or vertical. With the horizontal you can choose hips and legs or upper body.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I would like hozen, but I'm afraid they'd be hard to implement. Don't the hozen walk on all fours?
    Much bigger issue is that they only live about 20 years. The WoW story so far is about half their lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Much bigger issue is that they only live about 20 years. The WoW story so far is about half their lifespan.
    Not as a natural state though, they don’t live very long due to poor hygiene standards. They don’t generally make it to adulthood/maturity because they die of some disease. That in turn means that since there are few to no elders in their society they don’t have anyone to tell them their dumb child like behaviours are a danger to themselves. If they don’t die from being a wreck less idiot they die of disease.

That could change though, they don’t been members of the Horde for awhile now, some of the other races could shared the concept of a bath and better behaviour to them over the last few years.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Amani Trolls, Mok'nathal, Saberon, High Arakkoa, and Venthyr. That's all I want and need out of Allied Races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vegener View Post
    I open this post to discuss in the event that we get allied races for the next expansion which do you think we would get.

Alliance
    • Half elf

Horde
    • Half orc

Well these are my options for the possible allied races since Blizard announced the 10.0 it would be something completely new I came up with the idea of the two mixed races that have been mentioned in the world of Azeroth.
    You can already make half elfs with the new shorter ears customizations. And honestly, I would rather see the Covenant races as allied races anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

San'layn are coming and none of you can stop me in my journey to find immortaliTy.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead113 View Post
    Horde: Undead Elves, Kelfin, Mok,Nathal, Night Elf Worgen

Alliance: Frost Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Desert Humans, Northrend Worgen
    These two are already options for regular dwarves and humans.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann