Poll: How much hype?

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

How much hype you think there is for WotlK classic?

I didnt play TBC at all...but Wrath for me is something of epic proportions...out of this world...legendary expansion.
    How do you think the rest of the world feels?

Same song and dance as with TBC.

There will be hype with "finally we get to play the proper expansion, after all [previous expansion] was just [upcoming expansion] waiting room".
    Then Blizzard will announce it alongside a character boost + store mount (because there will be one), which will dampen the hype for the expansion.
    It will come out, a lot of people will play it, some people will have fun, some people realize that it's not as good as they remember it, some people will realize that certain criticism towards the expansion was actually not completely unwarranted.

One could argue about it receiving a bit more hype because some perceive it as the peak, but i think that's going wean off pretty quickly because of how much a joke the 1st Tier in Wotlk is.

Because we already know how this largely plays out due to Classic and TBC, i don't expect any massive hype, we know what we're getting, it certainly will not surpass the hype that Classic saw in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Same song and dance as with TBC.

There will be hype with "finally we get to play the proper expansion, after all [previous expansion] was just [upcoming expansion] waiting room".
    Then Blizzard will announce it alongside a character boost + store mount (because there will be one), which will dampen the hype for the expansion.
    It will come out, a lot of people will play it, some people will have fun, some people realize that it's not as good as they remember it, some people will realize that certain criticism towards the expansion was actually not completely unwarranted.

One could argue about it receiving a bit more hype because some perceive it as the peak, but i think that's going wean off pretty quickly because of how much a joke the 1st Tier in Wotlk is.

Because we already know how this largely plays out due to Classic and TBC, i don't expect any massive hype, we know what we're getting, it certainly will not surpass the hype that Classic saw in 2019.
    Your post is the kind of opinion i was looking for.

Im ALWAYS wrong when it comes to the rest of the world "predictions" but i know im much more hyped for Wrath than Classic, myself.
    You predict it wont see more hype than original classic...ok

But i disagree with "others being disappointed because of how easy the first tier of raid is".
    I think is a perfect difficulty for casuals. Completely perfect for the majority of players.

The thing is...maybe Wrath-Classic players WONT be casuals...and all hardcore and old WoW fans...
    No idea...

wrath was the last good expansion

don't want it. stop with SWP and we done

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I didnt play TBC at all...but Wrath for me is something of epic proportions...out of this world...legendary expansion.
    How do you think the rest of the world feels?
    I think there will be hype, but not as much as there was for TBC. TBC made huge improvements over Classic. I feel the Wrath improvements, while still very desirable, were not quite at the same scale.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Rehased Naxx will be an issue. It was fine when something like only 5% of the playerbase logged into the original in vanilla. But a significant portion of the Classic playerbase has experienced it this go around. Unless they add something new, I think it will really stifle the launch hype.

Then you also have ToC which is a divisive and really boring tier. I am not sure how either of these will weather a Classic re-release.

Overall I think it will be more hype than TBC but far less than original hype for Classic in 2019.

Phase 1 WOTLK is a Joke.
    HC 5man are a joke compared to TBC HC 5mans. May pose a challenge for the first 2 weeks after you hit lvl 80 but they will be a piece of Cake in no time.
    Phase 2 Is gonna be Awesome.
    Phase 3 Will make half ppl quit. Could be fixed if we only get the HC mode version of theraids to make us still run Ulduar for gear if we get both normal and HC most servers will die here.
    Phase 4 If the servers survived phase 3 It is gonna be a blast. Hope they dont gives is the buff

if you asked me 1-2 years ago i'd say a alot of hype.

now, after seeing how both the community and blizzard have treated classic, zero.

better to keep your good memories than to play a watered down facsimile.

I feel like the hype is less than it was. Classic and TBC Classic dissipated some of the fog of nostalgia and made some people realise that maybe a lot of things weren't actually better in the old days. Wrath is still my favourite expansion, but I don't even know if I'll make it to max level in Wrath Classic. As I've grown older I've re-evaluated how I spend my time and have gravitated towards games that offer more fun-per-minute than WoW does.

probably high in original classic but TBC feels like the hype died after a week.

Less than vanilla classic, a little more than TBC probably.

I'd say it will have more than TBC but slightly less than Classic from 2019. The WotLK private server scene is also a lot more active than TBC and its where most PVP'ers play on. I only expect that Naxx will be way too undertuned so I expect Blizzard to do soemthing about its difficulty should WotLK get legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    ...and its where most PVP'ers play on.
    I figured as much And is exactly why i want to play Wrath.

Meta gems
    Gems on entire gear
    Hybrid talent system
    The Nirvana of Hybrid specs for PvP and troll builds

Things that we wont have:
    -God mode DK's (nerfed)
    -Armor pen gems on entire gear (nerfed)

i can't believe that any serious person has hype for anything blizzard right now. som was ruined, shadowlands has been worse, corporate are still scum and refuse to leave, and nothing new is coming any time soon. blizzard has literally done nothing to hype people up. if you're hyped, i gotta say you are probably a fan boi. i don't like hating on wow and wish it was good. but i'm not going to call a turd anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i can't believe that any serious person has hype for anything blizzard right now. som was ruined, shadowlands has been worse, corporate are still scum and refuse to leave, and nothing new is coming any time soon. blizzard has literally done nothing to hype people up. if you're hyped, i gotta say you are probably a fan boi. i don't like hating on wow and wish it was good. but i'm not going to call a turd anything else.

You don't like hating on WoW and yet go out of your way to post WoW-hate on a WoW forum.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    What's wrong with someone being hyped about something they like? Especially in the case of classic projects, why would a person who liked WOTLK care that retail or other games won't get new content or expansion anytime soon?

Also, as opposed to Shadowlands, people know pretty much exactly what they will get.
    Sure they will throw some cash shop bundle shit, but the content will still be the same.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-12-05 at 04:56 PM.

it will be boring as hell and only manage to create a max of 1 or 2 really populated servers where anything goes, the rest will be snore fests just like it happened in classic and BC.

Recently got in touch with my old guild, they quit raiding since they cannot even PUG enough people to warrant the effort and most have since transferred to really the only active German server.

Wish all this classic nonsense would just stop, and Blizzard would instead try to make an effort in improving their main game, so that I might feel inclined to try it out again. But I digress.

I know nobody who will play wotlk classic if it ever comes out.
    Corsair 4000X RGB || AMD Ryzen 9 5900X || ASUS ROG Strix X570-F || AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Sapphire Pulse
    64GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3600 || NZXT Kraken X63

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What's wrong with someone being hyped about something they like?

Also, as opposed to Shadowlands, people know pretty much exactly what they will get.
    Sure they will throw some cash shop bundle shit, but the content will still be the same.

He is the prime example of somebody being upset at other people for liking things. Perhaps he should just allow people to like and be excited for things.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What's wrong with someone being hyped about something they like? Especially in the case of classic projects, why would a person who liked WOTLK care that retail or other games won't get new content or expansion anytime soon?

if you wanna be hyped, i can't stop you. but being hyped for something when the company is at it's absolute worst state in its history is just stupid. you also countered your own argument. you know what you're getting but blizz is more than happy to change it for money as shown with tbc. if you're going to be hyped when the company keeps making obvious mistakes, then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

please note i'm not saying hype is bad in general. it's not knowing when to temper expectations that is the issue.