Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    You are accusing me of making claims about TBCC which I haven't.
    Where did i accuse you of anything?
    I straight up said I had no comment on TBCC you pretty just ran out there with "just trust me" and no stats on all your TBCC claims.
    Considering TBC has recently even surpassed the heights of Classic on Warcraftlogs and even more popular than Retail on this site, i'd say that proves the point that those grinds aren't a huge issue for the playerbase.
    This system is meant to last longer then a week (its not 2007 anymore but you want things to mirror classic).
    No, they shouldn't unless that grind is so massive that it takes more than a whole week to complete.
    It's not like the game made it impossible to complete it within a week, you had the agency if you wanted to do it, but you also could do it whenever you felt like it, that's the crux.

This entire concept of artifically stretching content is just terrible and creates apathy or resentment within the playerbase towards these systems.
    If some people want to just complete them ASAP, then let them and stop hamstringing them.

Seriously, name me one good reason why a grind should be artifically stretched over a long period of time.
    You quote me saying what part of this is untrue. Then argue about a point that wasn't included, god I hope you don't have a straw allergy.
    It's not a strawman.
    I raised the point that grinds need neither timegates nor catchup and citied TBC as an example as the relevant grinds feature none of those, this is not a strawman, this an example where what i propose, does work.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-12-04 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    More systems and grinding. Yippee!
    You never paid attention in class did you. This "system" is 100% optional as it gives no player power and simply is something to do in tje zone. You get 0 player power frok it past the initial quest that can be done the first day.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.

99% of you seem to be confused about this "system"

I will clarify it for all the people.

1. 0 % of it gives player power
    2. None of it is required
    3. The system is simply something fun to do
    4. The system will be a way to collecy new mounts/pets/toys and that is it.
    5. This is something a lot of the community as asked for. A system that is 100% not required for player power and is just something to do on the side when not raiding/M+/pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    They need to take these player power progression systems and throw them out. I'm so tired of being behind the curve if I don't do the required AP grind for that tier. This never ending grind has seen so many people I know, myself included, step away from the game.

I still love this game, but I miss the days of logging on outside of raid times and feeling like I could just go and play the game, wether it's pvp, dungeons, rep grind, mount farm, farm mats, or whatever, and not have to do dailys, weeklies, torghast runs, or whatever the fotm grind is.

I know you can raid still without having everything maxed out, but any guild that actually kills bosses requires you to have your character as optimised as possible. That used to just mean proper gear, correct talents, enchants, flask, pots, and food. Now you have to make sure your covenant is maxed, you've got your bis solubind, bis conduits, legendary max level, and honestly I'm probably forgetting something.

I just want the game to go back to being the game that attracted millions and millions of players too it, not the current game which is driving customers away.
    ... you never paid attention in class did you.

If you did; you would realize everything you just said is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Optional system to get flying.

You never cease to amaze me.
    Who cares about flying? Single worst thing the brought to the game. About 80% of the reason I hate TBC and rank it as the single worst xpac they have ever done. I havent gotten flying since wrath. I did not even buy the azeroth flying on my main during cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Maybe up to 220 ilvl. Anything above that is like pulling teeth.
    But, you shouldn't even use it to upgrade gear. You should get it from dungeons and save your artifact points or whatever they are called to upgrade your relics beyond 226.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying is better than player power. It's time saving. I sure hope it isn't locked behind this.
    I will be happy to ignore it. Stupid systems.
    I hate flying it should be removed. Peroid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    LAL so muh burrored power that ll be gone next xpansion ..so much wasted efforts to make something that ll last just 1 patch LOL man
    LAL. You can not read.

Seems too complex for me. Too many different interfaces. I'll probably just skip it all, log on for mythic raid, and call it quits afterward. The rewards probably aren't worth the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I’m just wondering why they spent so much time for a 100% optional system with zero player power locked behind it when they could have spent the same amount of time for a X% optional system with player power locked behind it.

This game desperately needs player power alternatives not bound to the triad or to boring endless grinds.
    Because everytime this happens half the community act like Blizzard came to their front door. Kicked them to the ground and did a tap dance, with giant boots on their groin.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You never paid attention in class did you. This "system" is 100% optional as it gives no player power and simply is something to do in tje zone. You get 0 player power frok it past the initial quest that can be done the first day.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.

99% of you seem to be confused about this "system"

I will clarify it for all the people.

1. 0 % of it gives player power
    2. None of it is required
    3. The system is simply something fun to do
    4. The system will be a way to collecy new mounts/pets/toys and that is it.
    5. This is something a lot of the community as asked for. A system that is 100% not required for player power and is just something to do on the side when not raiding/M+/pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares about flying? Single worst thing the brought to the game. About 80% of the reason I hate TBC and rank it as the single worst xpac they have ever done. I havent gotten flying since wrath. I did not even buy the azeroth flying on my main during cata.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate flying it should be removed. Peroid.

- - - Updated - - -

LAL. You can not read.
    No one forces you to do it.

So, what you are saying is you hate that other people have flying. Why? What's it to you?

I think this could use some more gating

[QUOTE=Utrrabbit;53500877]

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't pay attention. It literally reads in their disclaimer that the ability to use two legendaries is missing, as in somewhere it says its required. And literally everything else is correct.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Best part of this thread is the people reassuring others that this system isn't too bad because there's a high chance of it being mundane and ignorable.

The sad fucking state of the game and it's community. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    LAL so muh burrored power that ll be gone next xpansion ..so much wasted efforts to make something that ll last just 1 patch LOL man
    1) It's not borrowed power since it's not player power at all
    2) Systems and ideas like they usually take the good and bad expand on it in some way in the future. So it's more of a testing grounds for what works and doesn't for future patches.

So not entirely sure what you are going on about? Other than it looking like you are trying to find some flaw with it so you can jump on the hate-wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aretak View Post
    That's a nice straw man you've built there, but I don't remember anybody asking for more borrowed power systems that become completely useless and forgotten about after one patch. In fact, that's been one of the number one complaints about the game for a long time now.
    Except what you are arguing against isn't borrowed power at all. This system has nothing to do with borrowed power. You could have a valid argument if it was, but its not.

The only thing that might have a slight argument is the two legendary thing, but we don't even know where it would be located or how it is related to this system at this point.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading feedback like in these threads must be exhausting as a developer. There are complaints about borrowed power and "forced grind" to keep up. Okay, fine, here's something that isn't directly tied to making your character stronger and thus largely optional. Do it in your spare time, do it as fast as possible, ignore it completely - your choice. Whatever you choose, it won't make you weaker in the "important" content.

Nope, still wrong. Some people misunderstand (or pretend to) it as "necessary" and thus being once again "forced" to do it. Other keep calling it a "borrowed power", even though there is no actual "power" behind it. Yet another group finds it a waste of time to design such type of content, so... I guess they do only want new stuff that's tied to character progression? Nono, that's not it, they want something "fun", which is totally not subjective and should be obvious to the designers.

'Course, part of the issue is that listing stuff as a huge wall of text tends to make it look far more scary that it will probably be. You could list character talents in the same way and it would seem like something extremely complex, even though they're actually not.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-12-05 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I love how everyone is crying and screaming about a 100% optional system with zero player power locked behind it.
    I can't believe after everything Acti-Blizz has done to this game and to the players that their are still people that pay them $15 a month to play something they dread to even play. Blizzard has already stated previously that THEY have a vision for this game- and it isn't your vision people. Time to move on or realize that you're never going to be happy with this game anymore.
    Some people don't even realize that they actually hate this game- but the years of investment is what keeps them chained to it. Give it up. Tell them how you feel by NOT giving them your money or time.

Well at least it's not player progression. That's a huge relief. Will it be fun though? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Seems too complex for me. Too many different interfaces. I'll probably just skip it all, log on for mythic raid, and call it quits afterward. The rewards probably aren't worth the grind.
    ...uh oh...

- - - Updated - - -

"ThiS SyStem Is OptIoNaL"

...wtf no

Yay. I didn’t wanna do things I enjoy in this game. I wanted to grind another system that will be pointless when the next expansion comes out. GG blizzard.

Talent Description
    Data Miner Core will locate sources of data that can be used to learn the language of the First Ones
    Friend of Jiro Can take over deactivated Jiro
    Decryption Matrix Can decrypt Lore entires and enter them into the Lore Console
    Automa Hacking Can take control of Automa Units.
    Rank 1: Tier 1 Automa
    Rank 2: Tier 2 Automa
    Rank 3: Automa Oracles
    Automa Hacking (Rank 2) Can take control of Automa Units.
    Automa Hacking (Rank 3) Can take control of Automa Units.
    Combat Frame Core will now assist you in combat.
    Guardian Consoles Can use Guardian Consoles to create and temporarily take-over an Automa form.
    Guardian Consoles (Rank 2) Can use Guardian Consoles to create and temporarily take-over an Automa form.
    Guardian Consoles (Rank 3) Can use Guardian Consoles to create and temporarily take-over an Automa form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuvanet View Post
    Yay. I didn’t wanna do things I enjoy in this game. I wanted to grind another system that will be pointless when the next expansion comes out. GG blizzard.
    Please...fucking read.

- - - Updated - - -

Talent Description
    Mini-Game Consoles 01 Can interact with Mini-Game Consoles type 01
    Mini-Game Consoles 02 Can interact with Mini-Game Consoles type 02
    Mini-Game Consoles 03 Can interact with Mini-Game Consoles type 03
    Mini-Game Consoles 04 Can interact with Mini-Game Consoles type 04
    Mini-Game Consoles 05 Can interact with Mini-Game Consoles type 05
    Pet can be TANK Pet can be TANK
    Pet can be MOUNT Pet can be MOUNT
    Pet can be SUPPORT Pet can be SUPPORT
    Friend of Jiro (Region X) Can interact wtih deactivated Jiro in Region X
    Friend of Jiro (Region Y) Can interact wtih deactivated Jiro in Region X
    Friend of Jiro (Region Z) Can interact wtih deactivated Jiro in Region Z
    Lore Console - Flora Can interact with Lore Consoles - Flora
    Lore Console - Fauna Can interact with Lore Consoles - Fauna
    Lore Console - Unnatural Can interact with Lore Consoles - Unnatural

- - - Updated - - -

This is all fun...

Just hate that it's gated.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, there ARE multiple, so idrc.

You are not that smart are you. They LITERALLY stated that non of this is required at all or gives player power. It is just a fun thing for people who want something to do. Part of the stuff you get with it is to ger new mounts and pets/toys.

Raiders can 100% ignore this past the initial quests that will unlock your 2nd leggo and flying.
    You're not that smart, are you? Blizzard spending hundreds of hours and millions of dollars developing completely useless content like this is the reason the game is dying. It's shit like this that add no value to the game and is just a pointless grind for the sake of grinding that makes people quit.

Nobody is even going to waste their time with this shit, it's just another massive system added to the game that's a complete and utter waste of everybody's time and energy. Wow, new mounts and pets, to add to the literally thousands of them we already have that nobody even uses. Talk about worthwhile content right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I like this. Finally something that's not related to character power and i can do at whatever pace i like. I'll have something to do besides raiding.
    Get a 1000 pieces puzzle...Not related to character power, you can do it at your own pace and something besides raiding...

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Get a 1000 pieces puzzle...Not related to character power, you can do it at your own pace and something besides raiding...
    Why would i do that. Not my problem if you don't like it. I want to do more stuff in game that's not all about "you need to get this otheriwse your character won"?'t work at best".

The game was thriving when there wasn't all this mandatory shit before endgame.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Why would i do that. Not my problem if you don't like it. I want to do more stuff in game that's not all about "you need to get this otheriwse your character won"?'t work at best".

The game was thriving when there wasn't all this mandatory shit before endgame.
    Jumping conclusions? Where did I say I do not like it or like it? Nowhere..Apart from high-end part of the game NOTHING is "you need to get this otheriwse your character won"?'t work at best"
    I know as I do not doing any raid or m+ since a year....

Quote Originally Posted by rucati View Post
    you're not that smart, are you? Blizzard spending hundreds of hours and millions of dollars developing completely useless content like this is the reason the game is dying. It's shit like this that add no value to the game and is just a pointless grind for the sake of grinding that makes people quit.

Nobody is even going to waste their time with this shit, it's just another massive system added to the game that's a complete and utter waste of everybody's time and energy. Wow, new mounts and pets, to add to the literally thousands of them we already have that nobody even uses. Talk about worthwhile content right there.
    systems like this are what literally the majority of the community are asking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Best part of this thread is the people reassuring others that this system isn't too bad because there's a high chance of it being mundane and ignorable.

The sad fucking state of the game and it's community. lol
    WTF are you seriously on?

Blizzardd stated this system is 100% optional. Think mechagon but if the system was simply mounts/pets/toys with 0 player power. That id cypher.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Tumble;53500918]

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't pay attention. It literally reads in their disclaimer that the ability to use two legendaries is missing, as in somewhere it says its required. And literally everything else is correct.
    Actually they said that getting 2 leggos will NOT BE TIED TO THE CYPHER SYSTEM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No one forces you to do it.

So, what you are saying is you hate that other people have flying. Why? What's it to you?
    No I hate flying and I think it ruined part of the game and should have beem removed. I never said anything about other people.