Thinking of returning, where do I start?

So I have a couple of quick questions.

I quit about a week or two into SoD.

My main is at 206 ilvl, one leggo at 210, renown 33, can't say I have the best conduits and dont have the other 2 soulbinds unlocked.

What do I do to start if I just want to run some normal mode raiding and maybe some 10ish keys?

Do I need to be at renown 80? Basically, how much work do I need to do to be viable in halfway decent PVE content?

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    So I have a couple of quick questions.

I quit about a week or two into SoD.

My main is at 206 ilvl, one leggo at 210, renown 33, can't say I have the best conduits and dont have the other 2 soulbinds unlocked.

What do I do to start if I just want to run some normal mode raiding and maybe some 10ish keys?

Do I need to be at renown 80? Basically, how much work do I need to do to be viable in halfway decent PVE content?
    You can start running low keys now, they'll give you decent gear. Also get yourself to Korthia and do the dailies, they'll give some gear and will help upgrade conduits.

You don't need to worry about Renown level, you'll rapidly get to renown 80 as damn near everything you do in the game will give you renown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Basically, how much work do I need to do to be viable in halfway decent PVE content?
    None, you're already the greatest Marcusblood
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: I've stopped playing prior to 9.1.5, so if any of the below info is incorrect I hope someone corrects me

Renown: Since 9.1.5 they've made it even easier to catch up. Seeing as you probably want to get rank 6 legendary anyway, running Torghast will kill two birds with one stone by getting you renown and soul ash + cinders. Callings, world bosses, dungeons etc all give renown too so getting to 57 (I think this is the renown needed to unlock the last soulbind trait) should be reasonably fast. Anything after that is just a bonus (57 to 80 empowers your conduits and traits but for normal raiding and m10's, I'll assume they're not strictly needed).

Soulbinds: It depends which covenant and class you are. For example Pelagos is the best all around soulbind for a Kyrian sub rogue as far as I'm aware, which is the first soulbind unlocked. If one of the other 2 are better (WoWHead and Icy-Veins are common places to look at what is decent for each class and spec, along with class discords), you'll want to finish the covenant campaign to unlock them (which will also give renown).

Conduits: Doing callings gets you these pretty fast, along with chance to get them from World Quests, dungeons and Korthia too of course.

Gear: Korthia is your friend here. You can buy ilvl 200 gear from there with stygia, which you can upgrade 6 times. To upgrade you need to level Archivist rep and use their currency (forgot the name), and before 9.1.5 this was slow, but I believe now that it's quite a lot faster. Running m0 dungeons will also net you gear as well of course, but korthia is probably a good place to start.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-12-06 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Disclaimer: I've stopped playing prior to 9.1.5, so if any of the below info is incorrect I hope someone corrects me

Renown: Since 9.1.5 they've made it even easier to catch up. Seeing as you probably want to get rank 6 legendary anyway, running Torghast will kill two birds with one stone by getting you renown and soul ash + cinders. Callings, world bosses, dungeons etc all give renown too so getting to 57 (I think this is the renown needed to unlock the last soulbind trait) should be reasonably fast. Anything after that is just a bonus (57 to 80 empowers your conduits and traits but for normal raiding and m10's, I'll assume they're not strictly needed).

Soulbinds: It depends which covenant and class you are. For example Pelagos is the best all around soulbind for a Kyrian sub rogue as far as I'm aware, which is the first soulbind unlocked. If one of the other 2 are better (WoWHead and Icy-Veins are common places to look at what is decent for each class and spec, along with class discords), you'll want to finish the covenant campaign to unlock them (which will also give renown).

Conduits: Doing callings gets you these pretty fast, along with chance to get them from World Quests, dungeons and Korthia too of course.

Gear: Korthia is your friend here. You can buy ilvl 200 gear from there with stygia, which you can upgrade 6 times. To upgrade you need to level Archivist rep and use their currency (forgot the name), and before 9.1.5 this was slow, but I believe now that it's quite a lot faster. Running m0 dungeons will also net you gear as well of course, but korthia is probably a good place to start.
    To tack onto this-
    https://subcreation.net/

A great website to use too for statistics on what's being used in what content.

Like for example, sub rogue just to follow that-
    https://mplus.subcreation.net/subtlety-rogue.html
    Showing up overwhelmingly Venthyr in M+ scenarios at least, which seems to be in part due to the Venthyr legendary though.

But yeah, the biggest issue is going to be conduits honestly.
    I would advise holding onto any items you get that say like, "Upgrade your lowest conduit", until you have a good amount of them filled out. Otherwise they'll just discover really low conduits for you and basically waste the item.

The weekly quest in Korthia should net you like, ~2 conduits at 213 ilvl.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest waiting to return till 9.2 this way you can not only have content (Since we are in a drought atm) but New content this way you don't feel like you wasted your money.

You don't need to worry about Renown level, you'll rapidly get to renown 80 as damn near everything you do in the game will give you renown.

Do some 8 torghast runs, you will get 1 renown for sure until you hit 60 or something. Its easy, if you are fast and have a good spec each run will be 5-10 minutes. Just run them until u have enough soulcinder for a 262 leggy.

After that you will have enough renown to unlock all soulbindsl rows and doing the korthia story quests to unlock fliying. I guess it takes you about an hour or 2.

Do the worldbosses (they drop 2 renown on lower renown level). And after that you can easily start with m+.

And you can buy a 230 item, but only one, in the auction house, so replace your worst item with that for some itemlevelpush.

I resubbed 10 days ago (stopped in May before 9.1) and Korthia does not seem to be fast at all. Upgrades costs are huge, by the time you’ll have every slot at 233 you will be at the end of the expansion unless you play a lot.

If you are ilvl 210 already and you like M+ (I don’t), do M+, they are the fastest method to gear up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I resubbed 10 days ago (stopped in May before 9.1) and Korthia does not seem to be fast at all. Upgrades costs are huge, by the time you’ll have every slot at 233 you will be at the end of the expansion unless you play a lot.

If you are ilvl 210 already and you like M+ (I don’t), do M+, they are the fastest method to gear up.
    Ah, I thought with 9.1.5 they'd made some changes to make it a lot faster. Thanks for the info

Ah, I thought with 9.1.5 they'd made some changes to make it a lot faster. Thanks for the info
    I have no idea about how “fast” it was before because as I said I unsubbed pre 9.1, but for my metrics it surely is slow. It works fairly well if you wanna get at about 205-10, but then upgrades cost start to be really huge, not counting that to upgrade to higher ranks you need rep with the dude and is as slow as it was slow Ve’nari rep in the beginning of the game.

short answer: dont

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    short answer: dont
    Hilarious. Almost made it to page 2 without a dick head answer