This gives "ammo sexual" a whole new meaning.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) arrived at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning after hearing that "a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum," a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Constabulary told Insider.
    https://www.insider.com/uk-man-wwii-...called-2021-12

The best bit... "slip and fell".

The Sun was first to report that the unnamed patient told doctors at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital that he "slipped and fell" on the two-inch-wide artillery shell
    Poor doctors tho...

"I'm a doctor Jim, not a bomb technician!"

"Umm...nurse? Dose this man with an emetic stat!"
    To the patient; " Congrats on having a defining moment of explosive diarrhea!"

It was a million to one shot doc!

Shit bout got real....

I'm sorry, I'll leave now.

Took a shot up the bum.

I assume (ok, well, I know) that weapons up the butt are absolutely nothing new for medics.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I assume (ok, well, I know) that weapons up the butt are absolutely nothing new for medics.
    Probably much less common in the UK though

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    My wife tried to bring this story to my attention yesterday (through bouts of laughter) and as soon as she said he went to the hospital with something lodged up his butt I said "omg doc I slipped and fell on it" because it's always the excuse. She called me a spoilsport for ruining it, but I worked in a hospital for about 12 years and the number of stories that went around (anonymously, patient-doctor confidentiality and all that) were astonishing and they all had that stupid excuse as a common factor.

Vegetables, children's toys, light bulbs, etc.. Where do you think "everything's a dildo if you're adventurous enough" came from? *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    It must have been something to see an ass of that... caliber?

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    This article is blowing up!

The item had already been removed by doctors by the time the bomb squad arrived, the spokesperson added, and the EOD confirmed that the shell was "not live"
    I hear it happens to a lot of WWII shells. Just wait a few hours and fire again.

The article in question uses a stock image of a more modern shell. I am hardly an expert, but even I knew just by looking at it that's not what was involved. I suspect from context this is the SBML two-inch mortar from the country and the age of the shell.

I found them for sale for about $425 and, yes, the people in the next office over are wondering why I'm laughing at a screen that says "sold out". Oh, and this part:

This example is in very good condition, and all of the major components are marked and dated. It also disassembles as it would have originally. The top of the fuse cap is marked:

REMOVE
    BEFORE
    FIRING
    There are just too many "safe sex" jokes I could make here. Use your imagination. No, not you, Brody, you sick fuck1. Everyone else.

First of all, let me just say I hope I know which end went in first.

Second of all, including the stabilizing fins, the shell is about 7 inches and of course 2 inches wide which, okay, not bad but hardly tipping the scales. You, um, you couldn't find something more...conventional?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    because it's always the excuse.
    I never got why you'd need to lie to your doctor. They can't tell anyone, and it won't affect treatment. EDIT: Actually I don't know if there's bombsquad-patient confidentiality, so, in this case I get it.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and if/when the FBI ever track me down, this part of my search history is going to raise waaaaaaaaaaaay too many questions.

1Your name's probably not Brody but it was worth it for the look on your face if it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sun is only good when it reports on these types of stories :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

poor guy obviously figured all the overworked medical staff needed something to laugh at and decided to oblige at his own expense

"When I said fire in the hole, I didnt mean--"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, must be an English Florida Man

Sorry but that ain’t something you accidentally slip and fall on. And my dummy round is only 30mm across. About half that size.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sorry but that ain’t something you accidentally slip and fall on.
    That's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the joke.
    Yeah I know. He evidentially thought the nurse might believe though.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-12-11 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah I know. He evidentially thought the nurse might believe though.
    Almost all males who get something stuck up their ass claim "I slipped and fell on X", ignoring there should be traces of lubricant inside the anal cavity and that they were naked from the waist down around a lubricated X.

You should always use lubricants for anal play. It's a fact. Doctors agree, Cardinal Pell agrees speaking for religious leaders, and even all American heroes like Sandusky agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.