Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Abilities Discipline Priest should have

Discipline

Plea
    A quick, efficient plea to heal an ally for (X% of Spell power). Costs additional mana the more you use it. Up to x3 times. Penance removes one stack.
    Searing Lash
    Smite now damages enemies in a straight line, and if it hits a player it will occur again (albeit, in a parallel direction).
    Light Aegis
    Power Word: Radiance also applies a damage reduction buff.
    Divine Reckoning
    Power Word: Barrier now consecrates the ground instead, dealing X damage every Y seconds to enemies inside.
    Martyrdom
    You grant X% reduced damage against area-of-effect attacks to all allies within Y yds.
    Righteous Flames
    Sweeps out about the caster, inflicting X Fire damage with an additional Y Fire damage every Z sec and disorienting the targets for A sec.
    Holy Ward
    Wards the friendly target against the next full loss of control effect.
    Guiding Divinity
    Cast a permanent Atonement on an ally. Only one can be active at a time.
    Holy

Light Bomb
    Charges the target with divine energy, causing them to sear nearby allies for X sec.
    Lightwell
    Creates a Holy Lightwell. Every X sec the Lightwell will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than Y% health for Z over A min. Lightwell lasts for A min or until B heals are expended.
    Piercing Light
    Fire a beam of charged holy power at incoming attackers.
    Blessed Recovery
    After being struck by a melee or ranged critical hit, Blessed Recovery heals you for X% of the damage taken over Y sec. Additional critical hits taken during the effect increase the healing received.
    Speed of the Pious
    You move X% faster for Y sec after casting Divine Star.
    Inner Focus
    Provides immunity to Silence and Interruption effects for X sec and increases the critical effect chance of your next Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Desperate Prayer, Light Bomb, and Holy Nova by Y%.
    Inner Fire
    A burst of Holy energy fills the caster, increasing armor by X% and spell power by Y%.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-09-04 at 09:35 AM.

all of these? and discipline has always been a bastard healer in my eyes, should just be a dps spec
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

So, add even more Light spells to a spec that promises a balance of Light and Shadow and already over-delivers Light?

Yet again, wish there was a Void class so people who want to live that fantasy won't have to deal with this hot mess. Sucks to feel like you are begging for scraps via Shadow when almost every other theme gets a whole class for representation (maybe except Arcane to some extent).

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering half of these are/have been holy spells/talents, how about you just switch specs instead?

Formerly known as Arafal

No, that's just way too much holy spells. Most of them does not fit with the direction disc have at the moment. Also, you can't really just copy spells from Moba into MMO and expect them to work. For instance Lightbomb is great spell in HotS, but it's implications would be much harder in WoW.

What I'd like to see for disc:

Silence
    Blessed Recovery
    Divine Aegis - your heal criticals apply absorb shield
    Holy Fire - make it hard hitting holy spell with a considerable dot
    Inner Light and Shadow pvp talent made baseline.
    Ultimate Radiance and Trinity talents moved to regular talents instead of pvp talents in place of Divine Star and Halo
    New talent which passively boosts atonement healing when you have attonement on less then 5 targets to help us with our dungeon healing
    Sins of the Many reworked into our new Mastery.

Realy too much spells.
    Would be better if they returned to the game Inner Fire and Fear Ward for Holy and DC as for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discipline priest is the best designed class in the game right now. I think all it really needs is beefier power word shields with cooldowns again. Spam PW:S was a bad design choice this time around but eh.

No other class has the flexibility and nigh-immortality of a disc priest, you can pull entire rooms and granted it will take too much time to do the DPS by yourself, you will survive tanking them all just healing yourself

honestly i would be happy with a cd like can't use shadow spells but holy spells immune to dispel for a certain period of time. it can be a pvp talent.
    rework the entire lvl 40 talent tree. sins and contrition definitely just base line. and replace shadow covenant with something better, it's just too clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Discipline priest is the best designed class in the game right now. [...]

you can pull entire rooms and granted it will take too much time to do the DPS by yourself, you will survive tanking them all just healing yourself
    ...until you run out of mana.

Disc is a terribly-designed class. It's a damage-taking sponge, granted, but has a weak "oh shit button" toolkit, low mobility, no easy top-offs for rot affixes in M+, only one CC which can be obviated by any anti-fear mechanic, no built-in escape from incoming CC, no "fire and forget" passive hots (Atonement is not a passive hot) and most critically: burns through mana like a sonofa when trying to heal through continuous / rot damage.

Every other healer class has advantages over Disc priest in 2's. Druids have shapeshift, stuns, clone. Shamans have rocky for pressure DPS and passive healing totems allowing them to pump damage out, Holy pallies have big full-heal CDs, bubble, bop, etc. Hell, even holy priests have chastise, the ability to fly away and (with the right legendary) the ability to come back from the dead. Disc in 2's is a race between your mana and your partner's burst CDs, and we have to work harder than any other healer to keep up.

Disc in M+ can pump if your group can minimize avoidable damage and when it's not necrotic week. The spec also works well in big-group content, but that's because we're not under constant healing/mana pressure (and there are other healers).

Disc hit its peak in MoP and has been going downhill since then. Every single revision to the spec has been to make it more technical, less versatile and with a higher and higher skill floor while everything else in this game has been dumbed down.

I would like to see some form of self innervate as a kind of option put in to the class; There is no other spec in the game that is punished more than not having a different spec in the raid with you. This would likely be better as a talent, lowering through-put slightly but working well when there's no alternative.

When I was raiding as disc I was heavy into parsing; The amount of reliance I had on boomkins was so much that I refused to pug raids unless I had a friend boomy willing to spot me. You can 'get by' without it, but the difference is truly light and day with even 1 innervate. No other healer is affected the same way as they don't tend to spend such high amounts of mana in such a short period.

Spectral guise was fun too. Oh yeah and I'd like to see some better recovery tools scaled to assist in smaller groups; though I don't really know how necessary that is considering we have holy and disc is fine the better the group gets.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-12-06 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    disc is fine the better the group gets.
    I hate when people say that "the top disc players can do X, why can't you do X?" There were great videos where a Mythic final boss was carried by only one disc healer, leading to this perception that it was amazing and godly powerful. The reality is different.

Disc is highly reliant on the ability of your group to get out of avoidable damage. A druid healer can carry a group where half of them screw up mechanics, but a Disc cannot. If your group is a highly coordinated mythic team, of course your disc is going to pump. If it is a pug, good fucking luck. It's the only healer class that has this problem, and no one at Blizz seems to understand or care about it.

You didn't explain why it "should have" any of these abilities.

If you're laboring under some idea that Discipline is bad, or not in a good state... You're very, very mistaken.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You didn't explain why it "should have" any of these abilities.

If you're laboring under some idea that Discipline is bad, or not in a good state... You're very, very mistaken.
    Theme-wise.
    I'd like it to be more like a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Theme-wise.
    I'd like it to be more like a judge.
    Well discipline implies strict self control... so, 100% increased mana regen if not casting for 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post

Disc is a terribly-designed class. It's a damage-taking sponge, granted, but has a weak "oh shit button" toolkit, low mobility, no easy top-offs for rot affixes in M+, only one CC which can be obviated by any anti-fear mechanic, no built-in escape from incoming CC, no "fire and forget" passive hots (Atonement is not a passive hot) and most critically: burns through mana like a sonofa when trying to heal through continuous / rot damage.

Every other healer class has advantages over Disc priest in 2's. Druids have shapeshift, stuns, clone. Shamans have rocky for pressure DPS and passive healing totems allowing them to pump damage out, Holy pallies have big full-heal CDs, bubble, bop, etc. Hell, even holy priests have chastise, the ability to fly away and (with the right legendary) the ability to come back from the dead. Disc in 2's is a race between your mana and your partner's burst CDs, and we have to work harder than any other healer to keep up.

Disc in M+ can pump if your group can minimize avoidable damage and when it's not necrotic week. The spec also works well in big-group content, but that's because we're not under constant healing/mana pressure (and there are other healers).

Disc hit its peak in MoP and has been going downhill since then. Every single revision to the spec has been to make it more technical, less versatile and with a higher and higher skill floor while everything else in this game has been dumbed down.
    If you run out of mana as disc. I question your healing and playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    If you run out of mana as disc. I question your healing and playstyle.
    It's super easy to run low on Mana if you have to pump a lot of healing really fast. Claiming that mana management for Disc isn't a big deal is a bad claim to make.

10+ Year Old Account

Different strokes for different folks. I find disc the superior healer with various great tools at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I find disc the superior healer with various great tools at our disposal.
    If I didn't love Disc, i wouldn't play it.

But it is a "hard mode" healer, and lacks much of the non-healing versatility that other classes bring. When Druid healers can effectively stun you and then put you into a few second removal from the game (repeatedly) while never worrying about Mana issues, have incredible mobility and healing potential, Disc's weaknesses are much more pronounced.

I'm not saying that Disc isn't good; but you have to play at a higher skill level than a Druid healer (for example) to get the same kind of success.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't love Disc, i wouldn't play it.

But it is a "hard mode" healer, and lacks much of the non-healing versatility that other classes bring. When Druid healers can effectively stun you and then put you into a few second removal from the game (repeatedly) while never worrying about Mana issues, have incredible mobility and healing potential, Disc's weaknesses are much more pronounced.

I'm not saying that Disc isn't good; but you have to play at a higher skill level than a Druid healer (for example) to get the same kind of success.
    And you're probably right since being a disc main for so long I've developed a sense of inherent mastery to all classes and specs, a way of understanding the ticks and metronome to global cooldowns and from there it's all about pressing the right button. Maybe I have playing disc for so long to thank for that.