Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Dude calm down yourself m8, oh my.
    I was just saying that if you wished to be ignored I will do it.
    You can not quote me or not answer me as well and it will lead to the same thing. Get it?
    Now i see you just want the last world by saying whatever you want. Let it be

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    That is what they said. And even if they did have an issue finding hardware or whatever. Figure it out. The worst thing you can do as a company is creating a product everyone wants, but have no way to get it to them. If you can't accommodate the demand, people move on. They're losing tons of money right now, and its only going to get worse on Tuesday.
    Like PS5 or NES Mini or Video cards... Orany other high demand product with little inventory we had over the past 4 years
    There's a semiconductor shortage

Sure they should've planned ahead and opened more servers, but I guess they didn't count on Blizzard completely screwing Shadowlands and having so many people trying out a different MMO at once
    They did say they would open Oceanic servers so that means they might have servers available but are saving them for that

Hell, I wouldn't mind if they also opened one or two south american servers as well, but I know there wouldn't be enough population to sustain it
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-12-06 at 08:36 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what they said. And even if they did have an issue finding hardware or whatever. Figure it out. The worst thing you can do as a company is creating a product everyone wants, but have no way to get it to them. If you can't accommodate the demand, people move on. They're losing tons of money right now, and its only going to get worse on Tuesday.
    People acting like it’s quick or easy to get new data centres up and running or upgrade hardware in existing ones in the midst of a global semiconductor shortage are either trolls or people that have never been near IT procurement on a professional scale.

There’s shortages for all sorts of industries using semiconductors, and wait times to have hardware delivered are frequently in multiple months long time spans in advance.

It’s far easier to identify there’s a problem than getting to grips with rectifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    There is queue spot protection, its just not flawless. From what I've seen it mostly unfortunately seems to fail when you're in the last 'chunk' or if you wait a while relaunching the game (which is really rediculus, why can't it just kick me back to the main screen at the very least).

Admittedly can't speak for EU, but haven't encountered any US server issues outside of this log in business.
    EU didnt have any servers for the first 2-3 years of the game.
    The game claimed it did, but the servers were actually located in canada.
    This made the game utterly unplayable for EU. Especially in harder fights like titan. It was borderline impossible to avoid the linear knockback if it was aimed at you.
    They've always been cheap fuckers when it comes to their servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People acting like it’s quick or easy to get new data centres up and running or upgrade hardware in existing ones in the midst of a global semiconductor shortage are either trolls or people that have never been near IT procurement on a professional scale.

There’s shortages for all sorts of industries using semiconductors, and wait times to have hardware delivered are frequently in multiple months long time spans in advance.

It’s far easier to identify there’s a problem than getting to grips with rectifying it.
    Funny how other devs dont seem to have these "shortage" issues for their servers, isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobtoob View Post
    Funny how other devs dont seem to have these "shortage" issues for their servers, isnt it.
    When has a giant online game launched without server issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Boobtoob View Post
    You're talking to a fanbase that will gladly literally eat shit aslong as their lord and saviour yoshita makes a fake crying video asking them to do so.
    Industry giant square enix was incapable of finding some extra servers. yeah right.

That doesnt even excuse the lack of basic functionality such as queue spot protection, so you dont get put back in the end every time their shitty servers shit themselves.
    ff14 always used the cheapest shittest servers. They've always been shit. I remember when EU didnt even have any servers and they were just forced to play on US servers, making the game borderline unplayable.
    I agree, folks are so cult-like these days. I love FFXIV, but I refuse to deal with that kind of BS, it's unacceptable, and the only way I can protest is with my money. If they see enough folks asking for refunds, or canceling their orders, then maybe they'll wake up. But maybe that is just wishful thinking on my end, as you mentioned, folks will gladly line up to wait, and never actually get a chance to play the game. Working in IT, you know it is never as hard as they try to make it out to be. It is simply a failure to plan, or they planned for failure. Not wanting to invest money into fixing the issue that won't actually be there in 2-3 months, might be cheaper than doing the right thing. Which always blows my mind. We do all these PMs(Preventative Maintenance) for hardware, but they still refuse to ever do more than the BARE MINIMUM, and it bites them in the ass, every, single, time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

No, there really isn't. If someone wants it, they can get it. Special ordered a brand new car, got it in two months. We MFR a product at my company, we can order any PCB boards we need, only a few have lead times, most are ready to go.

Fujitsu is Japan's biggest server MFR, and they have an abundance of stock. I know, because I work with them in the USA ( ironically enough, they have had bad sales in the USA( they're expensive ) so that is where the abundance of stock overflow is from). SE uses their hardware currently in Japan.

It is 100% a failure on SE's part. They've had this expansion in development for 3 years. If you wait until 2-3 months before the launch to try and fix things, of course, you're going to run into issues. Not only are hardware sales cycles typically 1-6 months, if not longer, but installing/migrating data over or syncing data up takes a massive amount of time as well. THey should've been working on this a year or two ago before the supply chain issues started happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof... I've seen rough addon starts but never anything like this.
    If you are working and need to log in in the evening hours... just play something else. can't even get into the queue, let alone finish it before bedtime.

It's deserved that they refund game time for this.

Still, it'll calm down in a week or two, thankfully I do not need to worry about getting "raid ready in time" so... the story isn't going anywhere.
    I started playing Mass Effect legendary Edition instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    OMG, I truly hate Loporrits so freaking much. Spoiled 2/6 of the zones for me... Just get on with it!

We've had annoying Beast Tribes in the past but this one wholeheartedly takes the cake...
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Finished the 5th zone and holy shit what a ride that was. I knew Answers was a song from the ascians perspective

Man I wanted to go to bed early today, but having made it to the 5th zone I really don't want to now..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oof... I've seen rough addon starts but never anything like this.
    If you are working and need to log in in the evening hours... just play something else. can't even get into the queue, let alone finish it before bedtime.

It's deserved that they refund game time for this.

Still, it'll calm down in a week or two, thankfully I do not need to worry about getting "raid ready in time" so... the story isn't going anywhere.
    I started playing Mass Effect legendary Edition instead.
    I play on Odin EU and I don't think I've been in queue more than 1 hour.

Admittedly I log in at noon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Man I wanted to go to bed early today, but having made it to the 5th zone I really don't want to now..
    Haha, wait until you finish the fifth zone.

It's funny because I wasn't a big fan of SB and ARR (mostly cause SB has a story I didn't really care about, and it's leveling being uh.. boring and full of pointless dialogue IMO), but the fifth zone basically is super slow.. but I'm perfectly okay with it because the culmination of ShB and EW makes it pretty engaging, even if it's just full of reading.

Can't comment until the end, but I still feel like ShB as an entire product was a better leveling experience. There are aspects of the first few zones in EW I really like, but I can't say I really disliked anything about ShB aside from parts of the Fae area.

Again, it's still amazing though. The ending of the fifth zone is about as epic (IMO) as 5.0 ending experience, and I suppose the best part is I still have a little more than one zone to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Haha, wait until you finish the fifth zone.

It's funny because I wasn't a big fan of SB and ARR (mostly cause SB has a story I didn't really care about, and it's leveling being uh.. boring and full of pointless dialogue IMO), but the fifth zone basically is super slow.. but I'm perfectly okay with it because the culmination of ShB and EW makes it pretty engaging, even if it's just full of reading.

Can't comment until the end, but I still feel like ShB as an entire product was a better leveling experience. There are aspects of the first few zones in EW I really like, but I can't say I really disliked anything about ShB aside from parts of the Fae area.

Again, it's still amazing though. The ending of the fifth zone is about as epic (IMO) as 5.0 ending experience, and I suppose the best part is I still have a little more than one zone to go.
    So far to me it feels like the zones feel like they have weak points but then a zone or two later i'm either revisiting or getting new context for those earlier zones in a way you only really got in Shadowbringers with Kholusia. I think Endwalker feels like it has more crests and valleys as you play but will probably feel very different when you have the whole story.

No, there really isn't. If someone wants it, they can get it. Special ordered a brand new car, got it in two months. We MFR a product at my company, we can order any PCB boards we need, only a few have lead times, most are ready to go.

Fujitsu is Japan's biggest server MFR, and they have an abundance of stock. I know, because I work with them in the USA ( ironically enough, they have had bad sales in the USA( they're expensive ) so that is where the abundance of stock overflow is from). SE uses their hardware currently in Japan.

It is 100% a failure on SE's part. They've had this expansion in development for 3 years. If you wait until 2-3 months before the launch to try and fix things, of course, you're going to run into issues. Not only are hardware sales cycles typically 1-6 months, if not longer, but installing/migrating data over or syncing data up takes a massive amount of time as well. THey should've been working on this a year or two ago before the supply chain issues started happening.
    Thanks for sharing this--some good context on the where/how long in terms of server hardware. I'll push on one thing though: hindsight is 20/20 on the "they should've been working on this 1-2 years ago". They likely were (albeit planning for a smaller increase)--but they couldn't have planned for the crazy population increase they're seeing. Remember, it was just in the summer where the game got a massive influx of players from WoW refugees, etc, and actually had to lock down the servers because it got so bad. They could not have reasonably foreseen what occurred.

Now, could they have delayed the expansion while they upgraded? Perhaps. But I'm sure that would be just as contentious of a choice (but this would be my vote). I don't love this situation at all, and I'm not arguing that they could have had a little better foresight--I'm just not sure it's as cut and dry as some may say.

Here's what I'm referring to: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0acb6c23ccd07f
    Last edited by Espo; 2021-12-07 at 02:54 AM.

(No Spoilers Promise)

Finished the MSQ and imo it was a great ending to 8 years of story. Loved almost every min of Endwalker and I'm looking forward to the future of FF14.

Solid 10/10 for me (score based on enjoyment).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What minions do you think go with the Reaper Class/Job?

I choose Puff of Darkness, or possibly Wind-Up Edda.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    What minions do you think go with the Reaper Class/Job?

I choose Puff of Darkness, or possibly Wind-Up Edda.
    Midgardsorm is the only minion I use

I'm starting to regret that I didn't push my DRK harder as an offspec while leveling. Since I have still one and half zones to go and quests just started to become lvl 88, but only half a lvl on my first job to go I kinda feel like pushing on with the story would just result in wasting 2+ lvls worth of MSQ exp.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    I play on Odin EU and I don't think I've been in queue more than 1 hour.

Admittedly I log in at noon.
    Yeah, that's the case. at 11 am I had 32 wait queue, went to work a bit, tried to log in later, got 3.5k queue atm.