Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Anyhow, I wouldn't suggest they do more Warfronts. I think the development effort vs playable time ratio is just too low. That being said, if they did reintroduce it, I would suggest putting hard limits on the gear that can be obtained from it per week, thus giving the min-maxers no reason to grind them into boredom.
    I can't speak for anybody else but the only time I ever did a WF was when the weekly for a chance at a piece of Heroic gear popped up. And even that small tidbit felt like too much. The whole thing was a really long, really boring scenario with 29 other players where everything was on rails and only about half of the group had any idea wtf was even happening.

I would like to see them not give it a second chance

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    As i've said about Warfronts before, it was a feature that Blizzard could have kept and evolved over time for each xpac. It could be a warfront set in new xpac zones or somewhere in the old world, preferrably EK/K. Right now we could have had a warfront in SL fighting the jailers forces.

As they do with other things in the game, they could have learned and listened to what went wrong and changed the feature.

IE is another wasted content feature that could have been changed and tweaked to be better. The issue with IE was that it had to be farmed for AP, and people did it ALOT. Shockingly enough, they did the same stupid mistake with torghast.

The game screams after more content besides raid/dung & pvp. something to do on the side, something different. Each time Blizzard introduce it, they 100% give up on it come next xpac. Then they either find something new(and toss it) or dont bother trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Same. I enjoyed Arathi, did it on multiple characters. It was cool to do when it was up. Was also nice to go to the zone and collect mounts, gear etc.
    Same here. We were supposed to get a Barrens warfront iirc but the negative reaction to Arathi and Darkshore made them shelve it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Same here. We were supposed to get a Barrens warfront iirc but the negative reaction to Arathi and Darkshore made them shelve it.
    Thats a typical reaction from Blizzard. If something gets negative feedback, they just toss it out the window. Then they either create something new or dont bother making anything new for the next xpac. IE, WF & Garrison were all features that in itself are cool concepts but obviously needed changes. Garrisons could have been tweaked and changed into a housing system after WoD. IE & WF could have been tweaked and changed into cool side content. WF especially was nice to gear up alts, instead of just running dungeons over and over.

Honestly they should make it a side thing. Solo only. You get to be the General and you actually do some RTS!

Recruit units, send units to do specific task (Mine, gather resources, raid enemy resources/base), as you get resources you upgrade and build better structures, better units, usual RTS stuff. And you as a Hero Unit can change the tide of battle.

You can even have more than 1 difficulty - Normal, Heroic, Mythic - where you really have to pay attention to what is happening, you may have to skirmish eraly youself to save some outpost and lose on your base progression, or risk not joining and lose precious resourcers for the moment.

Make your choices matter like a good RTS, and of course make it so you can loose. You could have a lot of leeway in normal, but in mythic 2 or 3 wrong choices and you're done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the theme matters little, as the gameplay will be key here. So if it is worgen vs goblins or so, is up for grasp.

Warfronts were a good idea, just badly implemented.

If the concept should work, i believe they should focus more on the strategy element of it and the elements of Warcraft 3 gameplay. NPC characters should matter more in combat, while players should have more agency when it comes to building up the base and gathering resourses.
    Cause what was bad about Warfronts was the mindless combat, but if you make Warfronts a place where the focus of the gameplay is around decision making in gathering reourses and choosing where to put your efforts, then the mindless combat will have less impact.

And the same time, they should take the good PVE elements of AV to support the mode, make combat buffs more focused around changing the different troops you make instead of just giving them % amount of increase dmg/dmg resist, give sub-objectives like saving flight masters a thing and allow you to build up to something really big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Honestly they should make it a side thing. Solo only. You get to be the General and you actually do some RTS!

Recruit units, send units to do specific task (Mine, gather resources, raid enemy resources/base), as you get resources you upgrade and build better structures, better units, usual RTS stuff. And you as a Hero Unit can change the tide of battle.

You can even have more than 1 difficulty - Normal, Heroic, Mythic - where you really have to pay attention to what is happening, you may have to skirmish eraly youself to save some outpost and lose on your base progression, or risk not joining and lose precious resourcers for the moment.

Make your choices matter like a good RTS, and of course make it so you can loose. You could have a lot of leeway in normal, but in mythic 2 or 3 wrong choices and you're done.
    .....So really just make a Warcraft RTS game inside WoW?

It sounds fun to be honest. I think one of the most unused aspects of WoW, is the solo player event experience, where you just get to do something big and fun alone.
    You could even make a big side-fun thing in the game, where you could do stuff in the world, to get customization to your base, skins to troops and different banners. Having your own customizable army, that you use to fight the Warfront with could give a lot of fun stuff to do in WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    It's no lie to say Warfronts were not worth the hype blizz set up in BfA, but if Blizz were to decide to redeem it with some well needed changes to how it works so that their more fun what themes would you like to see

Dwarves vs Tauren, or Gnomes vs Trolls go without saying since it would round out themes for the original 8 races, but we could go farther

Personally, I kind of like the idea of Worgen vs Mag'har, with both being more industrialized counterparts to the main races, with Worgen mail giving a musketeer sort of appearance while Plate gets a dark knight flavor compared to Stormwind(with an open mouth helmet to fit Worgen better), and Mag'har plate being a mix of the Blackrock set from WoD and the Mag'har heritage armor while Leather gets a set based on the Shattered hand Orc models and mail being based on the Frostwolves
    See, this is the same issue the devs currently have, lack of ambition, sorry to say.

if Warfronts should come back it should be for only 1 thing, to tell all the old war stories that have happened throughout Warcrafts history that happened in books and old games, the battle between the first humans and trolls, the Battle in Silithus with the titans and the night elves fighting back the bugs, the first invasion of the demons, and no, we shouldnt play our own characters, thats where the extra fun would come in, scale warfronts to 1-5 man, if you solo you can choose between 5 "heros" of that time if you group up, each of you pick a hero and carry on with the objective based capture points and NPC resource gathering with the ability to help with combat events where more special characters appear from the battle to potentially turn the tide of the battle

I for one would love to play as Broxigar and be the first Mortal to hit Sargeras in the face, not only that but with Shadowlands, we gain access to Maldraxxus battle reports to fight other cosmic powers and other wars they have also fought, the Naru assulting Revendreth, or the void attacking Bastion, such much potential just no one just unlock it

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerS View Post
    See, this is the same issue the devs currently have, lack of ambition, sorry to say.

if Warfronts should come back it should be for only 1 thing, to tell all the old war stories that have happened throughout Warcrafts history that happened in books and old games, the battle between the first humans and trolls, the Battle in Silithus with the titans and the night elves fighting back the bugs, the first invasion of the demons, and no, we shouldnt play our own characters, thats where the extra fun would come in, scale warfronts to 1-5 man, if you solo you can choose between 5 "heros" of that time if you group up, each of you pick a hero and carry on with the objective based capture points and NPC resource gathering with the ability to help with combat events where more special characters appear from the battle to potentially turn the tide of the battle

I for one would love to play as Broxigar and be the first Mortal to hit Sargeras in the face, not only that but with Shadowlands, we gain access to Maldraxxus battle reports to fight other cosmic powers and other wars they have also fought, the Naru assulting Revendreth, or the void attacking Bastion, such much potential just no one just unlock it
    Someone(Blizzard) hire this man! Love the idea, great concept. Could have come alot of cool Tmog gear, mounts etc to collect from it to while getting to know more about the lore in Warcraft.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekerS View Post

So, kinda like Legion's "Huln Highmountain cleaving through hundreds of demons during War of the Ancients", except with a character that's nowhere near as overpowered and a somewhat balanced scenario. Yeah, that actually sounds like a decent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So, kinda like Legion's "Huln Highmountain cleaving through hundreds of demons during War of the Ancients", except with a character that's nowhere near as overpowered and a somewhat balanced scenario. Yeah, that actually sounds like a decent idea.
    Essentially yeah, the Huln highmountain had its charm but was overall silly.

With what the other guy said above, mix some RTS components into it could work also, rather than the somewhat stale "capture the base" every map, can just change to a war of attrition, or kill enemy team before they kill you with tactics, add resource objectives to create events or spawn more favourable named NPCS to the fight or even switch characters mid battle, Blizz have so much they can do, just sadly everything is story forward progress which is causing so many issues right now

I would still love to see a Starcraft 2 raid in warcraft where its 1 encounter per faction where the fights are styled around the playstyle of said faction, and Zeratul is the Narrator, the guy we talk to to start the event and to queue up for the first time we enter said raids to then we unlock fighting him as a 4th encounter

So much that can be done, hell the hearthstone expansion of Gadgetzan, give us that!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, your vision is too narrow. Challenge - is just one of many ways to play games. There is no best way to do it. They're all equal.

I can agree, that with age something has changed for me not only about Wow, but about playing all games. When I was kid, process of playing games itself was so exciting and I was focusing on it so much, that I was forgetting about everything else, including fatigue. But today fatigue is actually big factor. And I just think, that I'm not alone. All players become casual at some point exactly this way. Being experienced, but casual player - is something similar to being noob. If game has too high entry threshold - you don't play it.

For example may be Farming Simulator is good game, but it's too scary, when you see, how many things you have to learn before starting to play it properly.
    The problem comes from wow not being a single player game. You can't produce content at the rate someone like you would consume it and find it interesting. You are in essence asking wow to become like dragon age, skyrim, and other single player games where you can go through them for 40 hours roughly and always be pushing towards something simple. I can't really envision a wow able to deliver that experience beyond a fresh expansion. Simply due to needing to produce content at a viable rate it has to instead focus on offering an increasing challenging experience.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    It should've been solo with the option to play in a group, like Torghast, and since the strategic decisions would be placed squarely on your shoulders if it were solo, there should be actual strategic decisions to make. Like playing Warcraft 3 with your character as the hero unit.
    This.

If revived this way, I'd like more of them, more battles represented this way, included via caverns of time.

Though I'd actually just prefer a an entirely new game dedicated to this kind of gameplay, RTS with you on the ground.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-12-06 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    The problem comes from wow not being a single player game. You can't produce content at the rate someone like you would consume it and find it interesting. You are in essence asking wow to become like dragon age, skyrim, and other single player games where you can go through them for 40 hours roughly and always be pushing towards something simple. I can't really envision a wow able to deliver that experience beyond a fresh expansion. Simply due to needing to produce content at a viable rate it has to instead focus on offering an increasing challenging experience.
    even a fresh wow wouldnt be enough for that. Look how people consume classic. If it werent for the HC community in SoM right now, Ragnaros would have been cleared long ago like when classic first relaunched. People chew through content like its nothing. Blizzard could serve us a 40+ hour great storytelling xpac, but alot of people would just LOL ZERG it and complain once they reach max lvl and are done with it.

A proper MMORPG needs diverse content from scratch to max level. Especially at max level there should be variaty in gameplay and stuff to do. People consume content like leveling so quickly these days.

I quite liked warfronts when they were released, and then again later when they were changed. But they got real boring real fast.
    The thing that warfronts would need, if Blizzard was to bring them back, is definitely a pvp mode. Make it as close as possible to a legit WC3 game, with resource collection, building, npc that give buffs when killed.
    I'd say that would make it a whole lotta fun, trying to tactically outsmart your enemies instead of just mashing buttons and killing random shit. Make it important to make calls whether you're gonna go push for that goldmine or take an enemy outpost, I'd play the heck out of that mode probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    I quite liked warfronts when they were released, and then again later when they were changed. But they got real boring real fast.
    The thing that warfronts would need, if Blizzard was to bring them back, is definitely a pvp mode. Make it as close as possible to a legit WC3 game, with resource collection, building, npc that give buffs when killed.
    I'd say that would make it a whole lotta fun, trying to tactically outsmart your enemies instead of just mashing buttons and killing random shit. Make it important to make calls whether you're gonna go push for that goldmine or take an enemy outpost, I'd play the heck out of that mode probably.
    Sounds like old school AV, to which everyone found a way to just zerg it cause the rewards were power progression focused

Need content that has nothing to do with power progression as the reward structure

I guess, you're right. It's MMO genre, that limits Wow content. We can't do this, we can't do that. We can't make players' housing, because it's anti-social. We can't provide casual mode for content, because our game is about competition, so it must be the same game for all players. So, may be it's pointless to ask to fix Wow. We just need new solo RPG game in Wow universe.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Not Epic BG, but Rare BG PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I guess, you're right. It's MMO genre, that limits Wow content. We can't do this, we can't do that. We can't make players' housing, because it's anti-social. We can't provide casual mode for content, because our game is about competition, so it must be the same game for all players. So, may be it's pointless to ask to fix Wow. We just need new solo RPG game in Wow universe.
    It likely would be a better fit for you. The problem with a casual mode for wow is casual players can't accept the concept of it. The moment something is made for the casual playerbase they scream they hate it and refuse to play it because it won't give them power comparative to the competitive modes that need that system to allow proper progression.

A single player game would fix this. The biggest problem with casual content is casual players won't do it unless you inflict it as a burden to the entire playerbase by having it give an absurd amount of power.

It likely would be a better fit for you. The problem with a casual mode for wow is casual players can't accept the concept of it. The moment something is made for the casual playerbase they scream they hate it and refuse to play it because it won't give them power comparative to the competitive modes that need that system to allow proper progression.

A single player game would fix this. The biggest problem with casual content is casual players won't do it unless you inflict it as a burden to the entire playerbase by having it give an absurd amount of power.
    Because for Blizzard casual =/= easy. Overall players need gear to make game easier for them via overgear. But it almost always requires doing separate harder content, than desired one. Content isn't self-sufficient. For example players can't play Torghast only, because Torghast doesn't have any reward structure. Players still need to play, let's say, M+ in order to be "competitive" in Torghast. Also. Almost always Blizzard confuse casual-friendly with solo-friendly. They think, that if content isn't hard and isn't competitive - then it should be about exceeding grind. Anima grind for example. And grind isn't casual-friendly too.

Yeah, I just wanted to say, that it's not Wow, that is dying - it's MMO genre.

Overall I need game, that is more like Diablo. Game, that doesn't have relying on other players, has "passive" competition only (i.e. leaderboard, but no toxic things, like mob stealing) and things like account-wide stash, that allow account-wide progression.

Problem with solo-RPGs - they don't have "infinite" support, as MMOs have. It would be really nice to have solo-RPG with optional multiplayer. I.e. it would still be able to have optional dungeons, raids, arenas and RBGs, but core content would be solo. I would even pay sub fee for such game, if it would exist. That's, where Blizzard are completely wrong. Back in old times they had "We don't need Wow 2.0, because we can always improve Wow" principle. Yeah, Wow had always been MMO and it had always been it's problem. But back in old days it was more solo-friendly. For example whole leveling was nothing more, than just solo-RPG experience. It's several recent xpacks, that shifted towards making "true MMO", where players are "encouraged" (read "forced") to have so called "social interaction" (that actually have negative downsides). But Blizzard are stupid. Players are ready to pay f**king sub fee for solo-RPG. And they miss so great opportunity. And we don't even ask too much. Just may be to remove CRZ, allow flying at release and decrease difficulty of content to make it 100% suitable for playing solo (i.e. no mandatory grouping to kill elites for example), decrease playing session stretching (that Oribos trips), time-gating and grind. Make 1-2 servers with this rules and see, what will happen.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-12-07 at 06:02 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

ten player PvP scenario where NPCs do most of the work and your job is to support them or to do major objectives together with them.
    Old alterac before everything was "solved" basically.
    Upgrading units, being able to send attack forces towards something, being able to upgrade defences, being able to build units for defence.
    Maybe you could even walk around with a little "army" yourself and not just with 2 additional soldiers.

Overall however, I would prefer this to be on the open-world map.
    Sending Alliance/Horde patrols by dropping off zone specific additional ressources that are somewhat difficult to kill and you have to avoid when you encounter them alone.
    Make some kind of invasion event every few hours that attacks outpost so that progress is/might be lost or reset if you lose that outpost completely.

RIFT/GW had this to some minor degree, and I like stuff like that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-07 at 06:31 AM.