Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I agree, but if it's harder than it was during Nighthold then that's more than a bit daft. We don't have it in EU yet so I'm only going on word of mouth, but if true, that is a tad ridiculous. I'm alright with it being tuned at Nighthold level, but it shouldn't be harder than it was at launch
    Im also in EU, so also going on word of mouth here, im fine with it being a bit harder than it was before, but if it really is impossible of course I don't want that, I am eager to go in and make my own opinion, people said first thorgast was hard, was the easiest thing ever for me with all my classes, so i'm not so sure when I hear people complain anymore, maybe they are just bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    Im also in EU, so also going on word of mouth here, im fine with it being a bit harder than it was before, but if it really is impossible of course I don't want that, I am eager to go in and make my own opinion, people said first thorgast was hard, was the easiest thing ever for me with all my classes, so i'm not so sure when I hear people complain anymore, maybe they are just bad.
    Difference is, your soulbinds, conduits etc. work in Torghast. But in mage tower, they don't. Without artifact power or legendary, its just overtuned for some specs.

Some specs don't seem possible barring perhaps perfect timewalking gear sets. Others are easier... for the twins the adds die to quickly it is almost like doing phase 1 the entire time just with portals added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Difference is, your soulbinds, conduits etc. work in Torghast. But in mage tower, they don't. Without artifact power or legendary, its just overtuned for some specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Some specs don't seem possible barring perhaps perfect timewalking gear sets. Others are easier... for the twins the adds die to quickly it is almost like doing phase 1 the entire time just with portals added.
    ".. for some specs", im pretty sure most people have one char of every class by now, switching between specs and classes to beat this is not a real problem for anyone interested in beating this thing.

I just don't see a problem here, its not impossible, just pick the right class/talents and you are set, no need for any borrowed power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Sigryn seems to be a bit overtuned.

I keep getting them to phase 3 and then shit just hits the fan, it gets near impossible to beat.

At one point, the runes will come out, and then she summons her valks, while you are running to the open spot, another set of runes appears, and Jarl starts his whirlwind, and she starts doing blood of her father.

So essentially 5 mechanics at once, if you include the fel fire.

I know it was 5 years ago, but I do not remember them going that hard at 40%, it is like a soft enrage that is unavoidable.
    During Legion most of those mechanics stopped after the bosses got below 50% health. Only the shield and the Valkyries keep happening (much more quickly). They changed it this time around. All mechanics happen the whole fight, and speed up the longer the fight goes on. I'm not sure if this is just Blizzard fixing bugs or what, but it is much harder this time around than it was during Legion.

".. for some specs", im pretty sure most people have one char of every class by now, switching between specs and classes to beat this is not a real problem for anyone interested in beating this thing.

I just don't see a problem here, its not impossible, just pick the right class/talents and you are set, no need for any borrowed power.
    ,,,What?

Before we continue are you even aware of what the mage tower is? What are you talking with in terms of picking the right class ?

10+ Year Old Account
    ,,,What?

Before we continue are you even aware of what the mage tower is? What are you talking with in terms of picking the right class ?
    every boss has so many combinations to try it with thats what im saying, im not saying go arcane fire or frost.

this survival hunter sure made his run on Archmage Xylem seem like a cakewalk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMP...b_channel=Torb
    Last edited by Lazerbrain; 2021-12-07 at 11:26 PM.

I'm just not even excited for this, I spent so so so much time doing this on Legion to get to 36/36, I just dont know if I have it in me to do it again if it's actually harder.

Also FoS for 36/36 legion, please.

every boss has so many combinations to try it with thats what im saying, im not saying go arcane fire or frost.
    Just play the less broken encounters seems like pretty shit tier design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said wow does not have shit tier design.

- - - Updated - - -

My point was that they made it impossible/doable/even easy in some cases but in a broken meta kinda way, and because its not endgame and its just something to get as a side hussle jumping through some hoops to get there is not that bad imho. Shit, but not that bad
    Last edited by Lazerbrain; 2021-12-07 at 11:32 PM.

I never said wow does not have shit tier design.

- - - Updated - - -

My point was that they made it impossible/doable/even easy in some cases but in a broken meta kinda way, and because its not endgame and its just something to get as a side hussle jumping through some hoops to get there is not that bad imho. Shit, but not that bad
    I mean it just isn't tested or scaled anywhere close to properly. I don't think that should just be given a pass. I didn't expect much I won't lie but I expected them to at least do pretty basic math to see if classes could regenerate hp or use defensives quickly enough to survive an encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it just isn't tested or scaled anywhere close to properly. I don't think that should just be given a pass. I didn't expect much I won't lie but I expected them to at least do pretty basic math to see if classes could regenerate hp or use defensives quickly enough to survive an encounter.
    im not sure they ever managed to hit proper math, outside perhaps a few raids, and when it came to class balance in those im not so sure the math was good even in the best of raids....

Im not giving it a pass anymore, I was hoping it was evenly hard, but after reviewing recent NA videos iv come to the conclusion that its not hard, just broken unbalanced shit.
    Last edited by Lazerbrain; 2021-12-08 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It's nice to see this is difficult. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't cave and nerf it heavily.

The mechanics resulting in one shots was intended at the time and should remain that way now. If you can't do it, cry.
    I do feel like the Archmage is doing a bit too much damage in general just with his normal filler damage. Popping interrupts on cd and cc in between, he still takes a huge chunk of damage during the ice spikes.

You also have to consider that we at LEAST had Legion legendaries when this was a thing and now we have neither those nor our current. I get that they didn't want to make them mandatory for this so then they should have at least kept soulbinds, covenant abilities, SL legendaries, or a combination. At this point we're technically weaker unless there's some scaled up gear and trinkets from old raids that could be abused.

The one shot mechanics, sure keep them, but some of the health and damage of the enemies should be addressed given as I said we're technically weaker for the most part.

You play video games to challenge yourself, in the end.

I'm grateful that Blizzard Devs provide me with a platform to challenge myself.

Losers, on the other hand, don't care about the Challenge. All they care about, is what someone else will think.

Can't cure losers.

If you challenge yourself, you know, for yourself, that you beat, earned and won something.

A loser just wants something to show and brag to someone. Even if they didn't earn it. Might as well 'lie' to impress those other people.

Fuckin' losers, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I haven't tried anything but Xylem yet, but he is 100% objectively overtuned, and I say that as someone who did him on 3 specs during Legion.

In the Legion iteration his razor ice/comet storm attack would hit you for maybe 10-15% of your HP every couple seconds, giving you 10-15 seconds to kill the ice and get out (with passive healing and such). I hopped on my DH alt just to go see what the tuning was like since this was an encounter I remembered quite well--and had the first two hits of comet storm hit me for, and I am giving you actual numbers here 41% of my total HP and then 37% of my total HP, with the third hitting for another 41% (half of that being overkill)--and all of that happened in under 5 seconds.

They are not correctly tuned.
    I mean you can technically double jump out of it.....except he's still also frostbolting you for that same amount of damage you described the ice as doing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    You play video games to challenge yourself, in the end.

I'm grateful that Blizzard Devs provide me with a platform to challenge myself.

Losers, on the other hand, don't care about the Challenge. All they care about, is what someone else will think.

Can't cure losers.

If you challenge yourself, you know, for yourself, that you beat, earned and won something.

A loser just wants something to show and brag to someone. Even if they didn't earn it. Might as well 'lie' to impress those other people.

Fuckin' losers, man.
    what did I just read

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    what did I just read
    I think a troll?

I admit the art of it has degraded over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    People already complaining it's too hard and overtunned. Saw some guy saying "I GoT oNE ShOT bY sOme MecHAniCS"

"Iam 220 aND canT kIlL AdDs"

Jesus Christ, I bet these are the same clowns who want the weapon skins back because it wasn't hard towards the end of legion.

Ty for making them a challenge blizz.
    What armory/toon can you link showing us you completed it? If its so easy then link me your FOS with that new mount fam, dont worry ill wait

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What armory/toon can you link showing us you completed it? If its so easy then link me your FOS with that new mount fam, dont worry ill wait
    I am interested to see what they do in regards to this. I don't think anything was released this poorly made on such a tight timer. It is the next two weeks then another six months before its seen again. I have no idea why they didn't test this.

It's clearly overtuned, not much more to say than that.

This thread is just some asinine ego stroking.