Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Aaahahaha, so you basically always lose
    Yes^^ Never heard that?^^

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Meh. Without RNG loot would be useless and boring. Somtimes you loose sometimes others win.
    Yeah, i agree with this statement.

When you have guaranteed items and loot, they aren't worth using. Like the deathwing mount from the other year. Everyone received it easily, and i never see anyone using it.

You know sometimes I hate rng ... Never once fell, but the stupid two-handed axe fell literally the first time I made Doomwalker on my warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's Agi weapon and thus doesn't drop for Str users like your warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an unlucky streak but the odds remain at 1% or whatever it is on every kill regardless, it could drop on your next kill! And I thought I was unlucky at 621 kills for Invincible, hang in there and pace yourself to avoid burn out!
    The problem with this concept is that older content shouldn't be that big of a time sink. Older content drops like mounts IE: Invincible, ashes. They should progressively increase your chances at getting the mount. Even if it was a small .05% increase, It could still take 200 kills on that one character to get it. This should account for everything that is atleast 2 expansions old. So right now, everything up to WoD. This also goes for damn transmog. Nothing more discouraging trying to collect transmogs from *example* MC on your warrior and getting no warrior items, then doing it on your hunter and getting all the warrior items. I don't care to run the old raids hundreds of times just so I can "complete" it 1 set of armor. I'd just rather run it a few times, and bam over. Or even make older transmog gear account transferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Some mounts, sure. 4 of those are from MoP world bosses, then there's the Big Love Rocket and finally the Infinite Drake from timewalking. There's a couple other mount drops with less than 1/1000 drop rate, but those are either zone drops from BFA, meaning you can AoE grind your way to it fairly quickly anyway, or it's from things like fishing where every drop chance comes at a pace of 10sec average.

The vast majority of rare mounts are 1/100 or less, including Invincible.
    Are you referring to WowHead? Yeah, both mounts have around 1% droprate. But. I don't know, what is really wrong with WowHead. May be it's paid by Blizzard. May be Blizzard can change droprates at any moment, as they desire. But I've found, that WowHead tends to provide wrong droprates for many items. Higher, than they actually are. Sometimes significantly. And this leads to wrong expectations about amount of attempts, required to get them.

For example when crates were implemented for Isles back in BFA, mount droprates from this crates were reported as very high. Problem is - I got my desired mount directly from Isles, when right combination of mobs on needed Isle happened, after opening hundreds of crates and getting nothing. May be chances really were high for several first days, but then Blizzard significantly lowered them. I stacked some amount of coins and expected to get mount immediately. Had to grind for 3-4 weeks instead. Yeah, this content was chilling and meditative, so I actually liked it. But without reward structure I wouldn't do it anyway. So, I just wanted my mount.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-12-07 at 04:19 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yep RNG on one-time limited events like the anniversary events is stupid. It should be a reward or buyable during the event via tokens.
    I mean if past anniversary events are anything to go by then Doomwalker will be making a return next year and the years to come

Right there with ya. 7 characters a day, no Akama's Edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Sometimes I loath rng...didn't drop once but the stupid two handed axe dropped literally the first time I did Doomwalker on my warrior
    I feel you guy, we've all got our bugbears of RNG. I can't het the updated kara horse to drop no matter how many times I kill it
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Are you referring to WowHead? Yeah, both mounts have around 1% droprate. But. I don't know, what is really wrong with WowHead. May be it's paid by Blizzard. May be Blizzard can change droprates at any moment, as they desire. But I've found, that WowHead tends to provide wrong droprates for many items. Higher, than they actually are. Sometimes significantly. And this leads to wrong expectations about amount of attempts, required to get them.

For example when crates were implemented for Isles back in BFA, mount droprates from this crates were reported as very high. Problem is - I got my desired mount directly from Isles, when right combination of mobs on needed Isle happened, after opening hundreds of crates and getting nothing. May be chances really were high for several first days, but then Blizzard significantly lowered them. I stacked some amount of coins and expected to get mount immediately. Had to grind for 3-4 weeks instead. Yeah, this content was chilling and meditative, so I actually liked it. But without reward structure I wouldn't do it anyway. So, I just wanted my mount.
    Wowhead doesn't update droprates to reflect changes, very easy example is the anniversary mount. We know it started out with some unknown droprate and then Blizz buffed it to 100%, what does wowhead show?

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Without RNG loot would be useless and boring. Somtimes you loose sometimes others win.
    But this wasn't even for "loot" it was for a very rare appearance which if I recall isn't obtainable anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But this wasn't even for "loot" it was for a very rare appearance which if I recall isn't obtainable anywhere else
    Same same. It diesn't matter if iLvl loot or Transmog. If you have a guarantee to get it (Treemount for example) it is basically worth nothing at all.

You got unlucky. Side effect of loot games. I am sorry for that. But that is a neccessary side effect to keep loot even remotly... rare and interesting.

I would argue the only place where a deterministic loot model is viable is PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Yeah, i agree with this statement.

When you have guaranteed items and loot, they aren't worth using. Like the deathwing mount from the other year. Everyone received it easily, and i never see anyone using it.
    Here I am using the hell out of one mount which was guaranteed 100% from an easy token grind, and another that was guaranteed 100% from doing a bunch of achieves.

Coarse I didn't log in for the death wing mount, although I did pass it up on the BMAH. I wouldn't use it if I did have it, but the reason has nothing to do with it's "availability".

- - - Updated - - -

Same same. It diesn't matter if iLvl loot or Transmog. If you have a guarantee to get it (Treemount for example) it is basically worth nothing at all.

You got unlucky. Side effect of loot games. I am sorry for that. But that is a neccessary side effect to keep loot even remotly... rare and interesting.

I would argue the only place where a deterministic loot model is viable is PvP.
    I quite like the tree. Sometimes I use it on alts, one of my favorites except it doesn't like doorways. Everyone delete your trees so I can be "special"!