Racial features from Covenants and lore.

I think whatever happens in 10.0 , it needs to be both good stuff and cool. Drawing well from existing lore and new stuff alike to give things that are both exciting and meaningful as well as cool.

Once inot the lore you can add many cool features that are all the more enjoyable because they have meaning and play a role:

I'd like to see:

1. From Covenants:

a) If we can't get Kyrian, a way players can actually get winged transfomration as a feature - it can even be an ability
    b) From Night Fae you get faun transfomraiton - you gain antlers and faun feet with some nifty abilities this enables
    c) From Venthyr you get dracula type transformations and claws (don't know how it would work on worgen) but youcgain some cool new feature
    d) and from MAldraxxus you get a unique undead transformation

You can only pick one.

2. From Races

a) Racial weapons
    This is a new slot and you can now get drops h ere. Like the Tauren totem. Some abilities are going to use your racial weapon instead, .. heritage quests will now grant a ceremonial version, you start off with a basic kind for new characters, and certain quests and drops will enhance one. These work independent of what ycalss ou are.. and some races can have more than one type based on melee or rnage, whiles other it's one that can be used for both (throwing a totem counts as range.
    b) Racial abilities
    Most races in wow have some innate magical ability, no all do, so whiles some will only use a racial weapon for some abilities, some can use racial spells... e.g. night elves are known as children of the star right? their priests, mages and druids are all known to cast a unique type of arcane magic that calls on the stars and moon. - so night elves get some star magic racial spells .
    Some abilities will instead use the racial spell instead of the calss generic spell... however the new system allows you to glyph more of these racial spells on existing class spells or vice versa if ou prefer the generic calss spell.

the whole point is your class is really going to feel like a Draeni or night elf or Tauren or Goblin - rather than just generic.

3. Capital Cities:

Building a cpiatl city. A new system that improves your race and builds your capital city tooo as you gather resources. This ties into gameplay because you empower your race. You see this as you progress by advancing your city (on your client), but also your character has class specific boosts to racials in a new system.

I'll use the night elf example here again. You're helping build up your race in this new expansion. For night elves their are 3 stages.
    1. Unlocking the Well of Eternity and otpimising it - harnessing the origin of the elves and it's arcane migh that your people once used to build the greatest civilziation and hold a level of power that llowed them to be great as you go along building htis up, you gain stronger abiliteis for your class, stornger racials and you can unlock new buildings and growth in your capital. Unlock marvelous styled buildings of your racehallmarking the beauty of the kadorei peope and the arcane wonders not seen for 10,000 years.
    2. The next phase is the world tree and Emerald dream. As night elf now you are looking to harness the power of nature through the emerald dream - the power of life and beauty of nature enhances racials and abilities too but also as you unlock this futrhter it improves your capital zone in visible ways too. The gardens and forest s of your capital zone improve giving access to new types of buildings and expnasions that also add on the earlier work
    3. The Font of Elune and the power of the Night warrior. THe light side and dark side of the moon hold immesne arcane and void powers, and now Tyrande has control of the night warrior power, those touched by it need the Moon dial of the font of Elune in the Cathedral to help their people focus this great power without being consumed.

As you progress in this again you have further boosts to class abilities and racials, and the temples of your city.

Examples of what other races might be developing:
    Blood Elves: Arcane side of the Sunwell, Light side of the Sunwell, and the power of Blood Cyrsytals
    Draenei: The Atam'ai crystals, the power of the Naaru, and the power of the dark Naaru
    Dwarves: The path of Gol'gannoth, the path of Khaz Modan, the path

4. Class Skins:
    Following the iconic racial lore, class skins are also adopted as powerful customisations to calsses fitting the themes of most races. Now you have the chance to step into popular skins such as

Dark Rangers
    Rune masters
    Blademasters
    Necromancers
    Moon Preistes
    Farstriders
    Witch Doctors
    Botanists
    Sunwalkers
    Valewalkers
    Moonguard
    Tinkers

and many more - versions of your classses taiored specifically to races that have very special lore for them

Which is better than the Blademasters or the
    Necromancers?

I'd rather them just turn the covenant races into allied races. The models are already there. They just need a bit of tweaking for armor and such.

Have kyrians and sylvar go Alliance, and have maldraxxi gladiators and venthyr go Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'd rather them just turn the covenant races into allied races. The models are already there. They just need a bit of tweaking for armor and such.

Have kyrians and sylvar go Alliance, and have maldraxxi gladiators and venthyr go Horde
    This is the worst idea I have heard in a long time. None of the beings of the Shadowlands are going to give up their eternal charge to go gallavanting off to fight in Alterac Valley over some stupid mortal vanities. I mean, the whole point of the Venthyr is that they have faced and overcome their sins. They aren't going to go back to the mortal plane and make new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This is the worst idea I have heard in a long time.
    Which is exactly why it's possible given the current mindset of the devs. And I'm all for it honestly. Let them go crazy with this stuff

This is the worst idea I have heard in a long time. None of the beings of the Shadowlands are going to give up their eternal charge to go gallavanting off to fight in Alterac Valley over some stupid mortal vanities. I mean, the whole point of the Venthyr is that they have faced and overcome their sins. They aren't going to go back to the mortal plane and make new ones.
    and that's the issue there isn't it.

It certainly isn't impossible. Blizzard can change or butcher their lore to make it doable, a simple example is give a n excuse for the two realms to be connected and members of each of the covenants are on Azeroth as part of some sort of balance or measure too prevent Zovaal 2.0 from taking place. You can write anything to make ithappen.

Personally, I think it's better lore wise that you gain some features from these races that can stay with you permanently, so rather than they be allied races, you are able to take on a personae of them, it's like having two races in one.. could be a far cooler concept, and no need to mess with the lore you've just made.

Finding ways to make players experience more as players is always good.. which is why I am always up for allied races, class skins and racial features that put the lore concepts into the hands of the players. But it has to be in cool ways and good ways.

And lately, I haven't got the impression that the creative team really care anywhere as much as they did when making Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Which is exactly why it's possible given the current mindset of the devs. And I'm all for it honestly. Let them go crazy with this stuff
    The only things the Devs are going crazy about is the intersection between their identities and game development. They haven't put out much quality content since SL dropped except for the environmental art team.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst idea I have heard in a long time. None of the beings of the Shadowlands are going to give up their eternal charge to go gallavanting off to fight in Alterac Valley over some stupid mortal vanities. .
    what do you know about the beings of the shadowlands? they can do what the heck they want, many of those never saw azeroth.

we help their asses, they help us back, it heavy implied saving azeroth means saving the whole reality, they fighting for us would benefit then.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it that the Kyrian cloak-wings are paper-thin reject-copies of the real thing. Either give actual wings like the other Kyrian (animating and all, like the warlock-shoulders), or don't bother. This is just silly..

God forbid you level a Zandalari Troll through Pandaria. It doesn't have to make sense, it won't make sense, they'll become playable anyways because...

Quote Originally Posted by Illia12 View Post
    Which is better than the Blademasters or the
    Necromancers?
    The Tinker.