Poll: How much hype?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I'm not that hyped for WotLK per se but I'm hyped for blood dps DK. I miss those arm pen dps specs.
    Yes this X1000 I have not truly enjoyed my DK since Blood dps died. I loved my DK through wrath and as much as I hated being forced to tank in CATA that bubble was a blast to try and stack to the moon and get it as large as possible. Now the class is a shadow of it's former self and I cant wait to main a Blood DPS DK in wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not like Sartharion, Malygos, let alone Archavon are serious hurdles that will keep people occupied for months.
    Disregarding the continent of Northrend just doesn't matter if you're not into completionism content, outside of maybe Sons of Hodir.

That's just the difference to TBC, heroics, Reputation & Professions provided some solid items that stood up to raid quality items.
    In Wotlk, they're just flyover content frankly, because Naxx is surpasses all of them in terms of loot and is so fucking easy that it's just not worth bothering.
    But that is the thing I loved that Naxx was easy and love to this day the small 1-2 boss raids. Gruuls is still one of my favorite raids of all time for some reason. I love when a tier has several smaller raids think T4, T7, T11, MOP first tier I loved them all. I love getting a toon or 2 geared out and raid logging. Allows me to enjoy my 6 or so hours a week in WOW raiding and I can spend the rest of my free time on other games.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    wrath was the last good expansion
    Led Zeppelin was a shitty band.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean besides all the other launch Wrath content? We had Sarth, Malygos, Archavon, as well as, you know, the entire continent of Northrend. Weird so many people are boiling down early Wrath to "Naxx only."
    Part of it is just repeating the standard skeptic line plus assuming every player is a dedicated player adamant that the game should be excruciating in difficulty.

And I do think there may be lingering or newly kindled resentment over a pixel achievement of Vanilla Naxx having to share the stage with a version that's easy as Kara that you can simply walk into at 80. If Wrath is anything, it's the anti-gatekeeper expansion.

It's not like Sartharion, Malygos, let alone Archavon are serious hurdles that will keep people occupied for months.
    Disregarding the continent of Northrend just doesn't matter if you're not into completionism content, outside of maybe Sons of Hodir.

That's just the difference to TBC, heroics, Reputation & Professions provided some solid items that stood up to raid quality items.
    In Wotlk, they're just flyover content frankly, because Naxx is surpasses all of them in terms of loot and is so fucking easy that it's just not worth bothering.
    You're not wrong that the majority of raid content will be Naxx initially on WotLK release, but ultimately it depends what you want from the game. I don't personally want to spend tonnes of time farming reputation and professions or these weird systems we have with retail. I like having alts for variety and it's probably the most alt-friendly expansion. I'll be levelling a few characters and spending a fair amount of time pvping which with Wrath was probably also some of the most balanced we've ever had (excluding S5 but I assume we'll be starting from a later patch similar to classic/TBC). The class design & balance is excellent in wrath IMO but yeah it's not gonna be ideal for everyone.

I loved Ulduar and haven't touched the raid since Wrath ended so I also look forward to doing it again when that gets released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yes this X1000 I have not truly enjoyed my DK since Blood dps died. I loved my DK through wrath and as much as I hated being forced to tank in CATA that bubble was a blast to try and stack to the moon and get it as large as possible. Now the class is a shadow of it's former self and I cant wait to main a Blood DPS DK in wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is the thing I loved that Naxx was easy and love to this day the small 1-2 boss raids. Gruuls is still one of my favorite raids of all time for some reason. I love when a tier has several smaller raids think T4, T7, T11, MOP first tier I loved them all. I love getting a toon or 2 geared out and raid logging. Allows me to enjoy my 6 or so hours a week in WOW raiding and I can spend the rest of my free time on other games.
    Completely agree, I much prefer spending less time but having more fun in the game and feeling less obligated to complete chores.

I also played a Blood DK dps until ICC, definitely going to be dabbling again!

If you consider the audience that is going to stick around - no hype at all. The problem with vanilla and TBC was that you couldnt get that experience anymore. With Wrath you could play it pretty much from the moment Cata launched on technically very sound servers. So people who wanted to play it likely already did and are either over it, or are still there.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you consider the audience that is going to stick around - no hype at all. The problem with vanilla and TBC was that you couldnt get that experience anymore. With Wrath you could play it pretty much from the moment Cata launched on technically very sound servers. So people who wanted to play it likely already did and are either over it, or are still there.
    I don't agree, speaking from personal experience. I want to play WotLK but haven't played it since the release of Cata. I would say confidently the majority of people playing WoW haven't played on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    I don't personally want to spend tonnes of time farming reputation and professions or these weird systems we have with retail.
    Comparing Professions or Reputations to the modern retail systems is just disengenous.
    And frankly, anybody who has engaged with both versions know this.

Like please, just think about this for one second, do you seriously believe Classic and TBC are closer to Retail than Wotlk?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-12-08 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Led Zeppelin was a shitty band.
    now youve done it

Comparing Professions or Reputations to the modern retail systems is just disengenous.
    And frankly, anybody who has engaged with both versions know this.

Like please, just think about this for one second, do you seriously believe Classic and TBC are closer to Retail than Wotlk?
    I didn't compare them in the quote so I'm not sure what you mean. I explained why I preferred this aspect of WotLK to both TBC and retail for my own enjoyment and experience. I haven't said Classic and TBC are closer to retail than WotLK, nor do I, you've just made that assumption yourself. The fact I used the word "weird" alone would suggest it's different to rest of the expansions mentioned.

I didn't compare them in the quote so I'm not sure what you mean.
    Saying
    "farming reputation and professions or these weird systems we have with retail."
    Does imply that you've indeed made some connection between the two.

There being a connection doesn't mean I am saying they are equal, nor that I am saying "Classic and TBC are closer to Retail than Wotlk". You talk about being disingenuous, hypocrisy at it's finest.

As mentioned, I've just explained why WotLK benefits my preference for playstyle more. I'm not insulting TBC you can relax.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for it, the best expansion imo! Although I think Cata's actual gameplay and class design was slightly better. I think the hype will be more than TBC, but less than Classic. It's going to have a big start and then drop off, maybe fluctuate depending on how long the phases take to release.
    Classic was really fun, but also frustrating in some regards, and TBC has been a bit of a let down for me. So can't wait for Wrath to play like a madman again.

- - - Updated - - -

There being a connection doesn't mean I am saying they are equal, nor that I am saying "Classic and TBC are closer to Retail than Wotlk". You talk about being disingenuous, hypocrisy at it's finest.

As mentioned, I've just explained why WotLK benefits my preference for playstyle more. I'm not insulting TBC you can relax.
    I agree with you about the alts, I've always been big on them, but TBC takes too much time to farm the rep and such. I'll have 1 maybe even 2 alts in Wrath and probably raid on them.

You mean besides all the other launch Wrath content? We had Sarth, Malygos, Archavon, as well as, you know, the entire continent of Northrend. Weird so many people are boiling down early Wrath to "Naxx only."
    Because that's essentially what it plays as. Sarth, Malygos and Archavon are all single boss fights and one is locked behind Wintergrasp (and also pretty much optional if your guild clears Naxx anyway). They *might* take a guild an hour to clear through, including travel time. Sarth +3 isn't as hard as people make it out to be and will be not only cleared very fast but will likely become the de-facto way to do the fight after a couple months.

Early Wrath boils down to; Mindless dungeons and a very easy main raid with some short filler content. Northrend itself is pretty much ignored after hitting 80 since all of your content is just queued for in Dalaran anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Because that's essentially what it plays as. Sarth, Malygos and Archavon are all single boss fights and one is locked behind Wintergrasp (and also pretty much optional if your guild clears Naxx anyway). They *might* take a guild an hour to clear through, including travel time. Sarth +3 isn't as hard as people make it out to be and will be not only cleared very fast but will likely become the de-facto way to do the fight after a couple months.

Early Wrath boils down to; Mindless dungeons and a very easy main raid with some short filler content. Northrend itself is pretty much ignored after hitting 80 since all of your content is just queued for in Dalaran anyway.
    Really? I must be imagining about needing rep for the head and shoulder enchants, well over 40 dailies, and multiple reps with goodies. There's more to the game than raids.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing in this game that will keep people occupied for months. It's a completely unrealistic expectation.

Got to love the "if it doesn't contribute to player power it's not content" section of the playerbase. So toxic. And we wonder why the FF people look down on us. They actually appreciate their game's content.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

There's nothing in this game that will keep people occupied for months. It's a completely unrealistic expectation.
    That doesn't change the fact that even the very novice players will clear the enterity of the 1st Tier within the first week.
    Got to love the "if it doesn't contribute to player power it's not content" section of the playerbase. So toxic. And we wonder why the FF people look down on us. They actually appreciate their game's content.
    It's not like there is something like the golden saucer in Wotlk, for the most part, it's basically the same as Outland, except it has Achievements as well.

The only thing that stands out in Wotlk is Wintergrasp, and that is
    1) PvP (which is by default very controversial)
    2) Will heavily rely on your server (if you don't play on a balanced server, it's dead content effectively)

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    But i disagree with "others being disappointed because of how easy the first tier of raid is".
    I think is a perfect difficulty for casuals. Completely perfect for the majority of players.
    Yeah, no. Even casual tend to play to be engaged and not just be on yawning autopilot.

That doesn't change the fact that even the very novice players will clear the enterity of the 1st Tier within the first week.

It's not like there is something like the golden saucer in Wotlk, for the most part, it's basically the same as Outland, except it has Achievements as well.

The only thing that stands out in Wotlk is Wintergrasp, and that is
    1) PvP (which is by default very controversial)
    2) Will heavily rely on your server (if you don't play on a balanced server, it's dead content effectively)
    Yeah, that's pretty much doubling down on what I was saying before. I had this very discussion with a FF on youtube a bit ago. He'd tried WoW for a bit and was boggling why people kept regurgitating (his word) the lie that there's nothing to do when there was so much. I pointed out that a cynical but vocal subsection of the community considers anything that doesn't contribute to power as "not content." He was astounded by this, and listed a ton of non-player power related activites that FF has. After some clarification on a few points I pointed out the WoW equivalents and how WoW players discard them. He only had one thing to say. "What kind of salty bitch ignores 80% of the game content and then whines there's nothing to do?"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I pointed out that a cynical but vocal subsection of the community considers anything that doesn't contribute to power as "not content."
    And i am pointing out that Northrend doesn't have much to offer what you haven't seen in TBC already.
    "What kind of salty bitch ignores 80% of the game content and then whines there's nothing to do?"
    I'm not even going to follow you on this moving of the goalpost, so i'll just stick to what i said earlier:
    What is this treasure trove of content in Wotlk that hasn't existed before that those players are seemingly ignoring?
    And more importantly: What sort of quality does this content have?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-12-09 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath will have a good amount of hype. It is a highly nostalgic expansion with some of the most iconic raid encounters of all time (psst Algalon). The more interesting question imo is what after Wrath? Is there enough demand for post Wrath expansions?

Classic LK would be temping, LK - MOP had IMO some of the best class design (just able to play that version of Hunter Survival would be worth it I think) WOD on-ward class design IMO has been crap.