Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Don't you just love it when you come into an MMO-Champ Thread about WoW and know that hate is turned on to the MAX by the same haters that can't move on and have been bitching since vanilla then you remember that they speak for less than 0.2% of the playerbase and everyone else is legit enjoying themselves and can see the real effort while they miss out. Keep on wasting time. Losers xD

Criticism of WoW doesn't not happen on the site however, If you believe correct criticism does happen, Weldone, You are a complete moron.
    Imagine actually thinking 99.8% of the playerbase is enjoying the game and its story

lmao

I actually think this wasn't THAT bad of a writing. Seeing an arc in Sylvanas fate, and the crossovers to Anduin and Uther, after 20 years, gave me some goosebumps.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jailer plays the long con, finally Sylvies actions make sense after all this time, thinking she broke Arthas' bonds she did exactly what the Jailer compelled her to do all along as the banshee witch.

Is this an allegory for Bobby Kotick redemption arc?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Where is that said?

literally a whole cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    That's what I find funny too, so many of the people "upset" or think the story/outcome is "trash" don't even understand what's going on. Seems like the Dunning-Kreuger effect in full effect.
    I see what you are saying but what I see is people who hate Sylvanas so much that they will spin the cinematic to fit their agenda even when they know intellectually what they are saying is false..

This is screaming "kerrigan 2.0"

let me guess at the end of shadowlands she'll sacrifice herself to become a powerful being

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Is this an allegory for Bobby Kotick redemption arc?
    I know this was said jokingly, but I do see it as an allegory for Blizzard as a whole. Some employees did terrible things (abuse, lay offs while higher-ups get bonuses, etc). Most of them were and are honest workers. A Blizzard redemption arc would be nice, and that involves the good employees getting a bigger say in the company's operations. Maybe replacing a certain CEO too.

I expected worse. I'm pretty happy with it for what it is.
    As a continuation of everything that has happened up to 9.1.5 there isn't much else to do.
    Everyone who should object to bringing her back did and did so with objections that suits them.
    Sylvanas "The Banshee Queen" as a character has been mishandled so badly especially through BfA and into Shadowlands and with the last patch leaving her defeated and defenseless but alive at our feet rather than giving us a grand finale with her end as the reward there is no good way left to give us that vengeance or satisfaction. Doing a sort of soft character reboot with the "Ranger General" piece of her soul but having herself in the role Arthas had for her "Banshee self" is probably the best option left. The alternative is to have the Sylvanas character that comes out of the combined fragments take the place of the Jailor and that just isn't satisfying. The best we could hope for with that outcome is what a lot of people hoped for/feared with Bolvar and a "Return of the Lich king" scenario but nobody will wish for a "World of Warcraft: Shadows of the Maw" expansion pack.
    Assuming the "Ranger General" piece will take control or at least be the more dominant part of the recombined psyche AND she keep up the pace of accepting what she has done AND others acceptance of the new her is slow (as in expansion packs slow) there is room to make something good out of the mess that the story has made so far.
    There is a lot of things I wish they had done differently up to this point but with the understanding that it's to late to change any of that now it's about the best option left. At worst they are digging sideways and at best it's aiming upwards. It's not digging the hole of bad choices any deeper at least

Not only was she immediately forgiven by alliance and horde, they also went ahead and forged a full armor set for her.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I don't need anyone telling me the story is bad or that they took a shit on Sylvanas, because I can see it with my own two eyes. Basic critical thinking is what it takes. It's not a matter of opinion. An apple is either rotten or not.

Before anyone says "But redemption! Aren't Sylvanas fans happy?" No. What a fan wants is for their favourite character to be written with respect. They can be a bad guy, a villain, as long as they're consistent and properly developed. Making a character "good" at any cost, including sacrificing their integrity satisfies no one. As if being "good" automatically elevates the character, which is nonsense.
    Yes it is a matter of opion . YOu thinking it is bad does not make it fact. This is nothing like your apple analogy because your take is a completely subjective one. The apple is an observation of a physical object.

Everything you stated here, outside the apple, is your opinion that you are projecting as fact, not an actual fact. There are others who think this story is good and believe that the writers have not dumped on Sylvanas. You are also not the sole arbiter of what fans want. Only what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Not only was she immediately forgiven by alliance and horde, they also went ahead and forged a full armor set for her.
    Show me in that cinematc where she was forgiven? BEcause there is not one member of either who forgave her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoliith View Post
    |You can be insulted if you want, doesn't make me wrong

Vegeta is the most popular example. Dude literally destroyed entire planets populations for basically no reason but they were there, killing trillions of beings, and he is most peoples 2nd favorite character TO ROOT FOR

The difference is, he was given more than half an hour of development.
    look at what you are doing, comparin a DBZ anime to wow lore like its top writing quality, lmao

yet, you are comapring two different things, is ok to like villains, but do a shit redemption after what they did? no, its bullshit
    *also, to be clear, a character being a genocidal monster isn't a BAD THING.

I'm not a huge fan of the new graphics, it looks like it came from a game like Fortnite or some old Disney movie. The hair tendrils are just off-putting. I do like the use of a restored Western Plaguelands set in the past (maybe it will finally get fully healed in a world revamp?) which makes the game feel closer to WC3.

Still not a fan of the story either. I was already incredibly tired of Sylvanas and I don't buy this ''but there is a good and bad side!!'' personality disorder that every single character apparently has. It would make sense with Arthas because of how much Frostmourne corrupted his soul. Speaking of which why is he still out of the picture??

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Don't see what female has to do with it. Grom is clearly not a female and he just had to wave his axe at his captor and shout "Draenor is free" to be cheered and absolved by the very people he spent decades genociding. Blizzard just seems to believe that "forgiving whatever" means "deep and good writing".
    It doesn't really, it's just that female chars have seen a lot of favour these last expansions. I just want them to go out of their comfort zones and maybe surprise us. Maybe write more war and true hardship. Crazy stuff and characters dying is hell of a lot more fun than sunshine and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Same here. But people hate Sylvanas so much they are going to hate this regardless,
    I didn't like it because it now heavily implies we're supposed to feel sorry for Sylvanas despite all those atrocities she committed since Warcraft 3 because "it wasn't really her, just a piece of her, controlled by the big-bad-evil-guy Jailer".

EDIT: I am curious about one thing, though. What is happening to Sylvanas after Shadowlands? The cynical side of me is saying she's gonna become the leader of the Forsaken again. With almost no opposition. >.>
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-12-08 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'll take "Things I definitely didn't say" for $1,000, Alex.
    Sorry, it was already claimed by @Th3Scourge in this thread after the following exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.

The IP holder.

These parasites have nothing to do with Warcraft III
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "Warcraft III, the best story ever told," -this forum, apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    sylvanas did nothing wrong

Some voice lines were datamined showing that one quest has Sylv looking for "her love".

Good job Dansaur, you dirty fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Everything you stated here, outside the apple, is your opinion that you are projecting as fact, not an actual fact. There are others who think this story is good and believe that the writers have not dumped on Sylvanas. You are also not the sole arbiter of what fans want. Only what you want.
    Yes, replacing the version of Sylvanas the story and its fans actually followed for the past two decades with her long-lost good half that literally wasn't even a thing until just a few weeks ago (so just a bleep compared to her total screen time) totally doesn't shit on the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I see the cinematic team had budget cuts.