Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I kept trying on my rogue and eventually managed to kill Sigryn. I had 15% Leech that for the most part kept me alive throughout the encounter.

I had a wipe at one point roughly 7 or so minutes into the encounter where all the bosses hard enraged.

I was pretty devastated by that at the time as it was the furthest I had gotten and one of the bosses (axe-throwing fella) had already died making the rest of the abilities significantly easier to deal with.

I realized after checking a guide that I should probably switch some talents around and focus almost exclusively on cleaving all 3 instead of leaving Sigryn blinded after interrupting Blood of the Father, and the extra damage from that is what got me through it.

Then I moved on to Unholy DK and got it within 3 tries. It was easy in Legion and it was still fairly easy now, even without much optimized gear, just due to the sheer amount of Dark Succor Death Strikes from all the imps you're killing.

I'll probably attempt either frost mage or windwalker monk next. I'm definitely leaving guardian druid and healing challenge for last.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    So I kept trying on my rogue and eventually managed to kill Sigryn. I had 15% Leech that for the most part kept me alive throughout the encounter.
    Yeah I remember the Leech in Legion played a big part in it because it basically would keep you topped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I realized after checking a guide that I should probably switch some talents around and focus almost exclusively on cleaving all 3 instead of leaving Sigryn blinded after interrupting Blood of the Father, and the extra damage from that is what got me through it.
    That's the biggest part of this encounter is wanting to cleave them as close to 100% of the time as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    When in Legion? Whe it got released or when during Antorus patch? And i dont see any reason why it has to be same difficulty anyway. Every class and spec alredy managed to beat this challenge so everything what people have to say about overtunning are jsut excuses.
    Doesn't matter when. The NPCs did not benefit from any gear you obtained. They could survive 3-4 stacks easily in Legion. Now you can't have 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Really? Shocker to see Blizzard fuck up something as simple as scaling that could have been fixed with some testing of the content before release.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, complaining and begging for nerfs has been the way people opt to go for a long time. It was like this when Mage Tower was released aswell, tons of people complaining about how difficult it was, back then it was fixed by simply overgearing it later into the expansion though.
    Yeah, we know. The issue here, as has been stated throughout this thread multiple times, is not that it's difficult. It's that it's not an accurate translation of even early Legion MT. It's objectively comparatively overtuned. That's all. It just seems kinda snooty to come into a thread, say "people don't want challenge lol but also I haven't played the content" without knowing what the issues are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    It isnt overtunned.
    blizz itself already confirmed its overtuned on some specs, so i guess they are wrong, right?

Difficulty-talk aside, am I the only one who was reminded of how much I did not enjoy the mage tower? I do like the fact there's solo content and I like the idea of a challenge where you work towards obtaining something, but in this particular case you have a pretty frustrating 'beat your head against a wall until you break it' scenario where the whole process isn't fun and the only fun comes when you actually complete it. I guess on a positive we have unlimited tries now unlike in Legion so that's a plus? Then again the reward was a lot cooler back then.

Haven't tried it yet but seeing the amount of QQ about overturned difficulty I think the nerfs are inevitable so I will wait a bit before attempting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Difficulty-talk aside, am I the only one who was reminded of how much I did not enjoy the mage tower? I do like the fact there's solo content and I like the idea of a challenge where you work towards obtaining something, but in this particular case you have a pretty frustrating 'beat your head against a wall until you break it' scenario where the whole process isn't fun and the only fun comes when you actually complete it. I guess on a positive we have unlimited tries now unlike in Legion so that's a plus? Then again the reward was a lot cooler back then.
    Most people only think it is amazing because it offered artifact skins they like. Plus anything in the past is usually amazing while everything new sucks. Or so the trend usually goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Most people only think it is amazing because it offered artifact skins they like. Plus anything in the past is usually amazing while everything new sucks. Or so the trend usually goes.
    Nah I thoroughly enjoyed them for what they were, them along with doing the green fire as a severely undergeared warlock in 5.2 are my most fun experiences in WoW.

Did the Havoc one in Legion when it was at its hardest (first lockout in HC NH gear, I remember playing absolutely perfectly in p2 and still winning with about a second left before the puddles would overwhelm me), gonna be fun to compare that to this difficulty. Did the Hunter ones in early ToS gear and they felt much more like tests of skill than these do.

The fact they're scaled to the hot mess that is TW doesn't help either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's good.

Of course it would be the best if it was unique spec specific challenge proper, but making that for 36 specs would be too wild. When it's shared between multiple specs, then yeah for some specs it's easier than the others, not much to do there, except maybe aura tuning.

I hope there will be something like this again next expansion, much rather that than Torghast into which they put ungodly amount of time and work and was just mehhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Raiding has absolutely nothing to do with Mage Tower. You can't equate the two on why they are doing bad and isn't an argument for it's difficulty. What you should be equating is their actual performance in the challenge and analyzing why they died not going "Their logs are amazing so it can't be their fault".
    We're not talking about regular people here. Nearly ~100% percentile logs on mythic raiding and nearly the best mythic+ rating in the world (for the spec) is absolute proof of skill of a player. If they don't find it easy: nobody will find it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    We're not talking about regular people here. Nearly ~100% percentile logs on mythic raiding and nearly the best mythic+ rating in the world (for the spec) is absolute proof of skill of a player. If they don't find it easy: nobody will find it easy.
    They already said they're going to retouch stuff. Since it's going to go away in two weeks, they're just gonna nerf the shit out of stuff (i assume) so most players will be able to do it.

Wasted opportunity (if there was no time constraint, they could retouch it where really needed without destroying the challenge itself).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    They already said they're going to retouch stuff. Since it's going to go away in two weeks, they're just gonna nerf the shit out of stuff (i assume) so most players will be able to do it.

Wasted opportunity (if there was no time constraint, they could retouch it where really needed without destroying the challenge itself).
    They are mostly in a mode of pleasing the crowd now.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They are mostly in a mode of pleasing the crowd now.

/shrug
    Yeah, i know i may be completely wrong and i'm biased due to the whole shitstorm surrounding Blizzard now, but i cannot avoid thinking that they're literally "reacting to the situation" without any real long term plan that's not "more of what they always did".

I know already next expansion is gonna sell a lot, the game is not dead and won't probably be until they decide to turn off servers etc. But seeing them wasting opportunities like this is....sad? Don't know how to describe it.

They should really just stop, and check what's worked and what not until now. Then restart with a plan. Taking the time they need to actually make it work and not because in October 2022 10.0 MUST come out.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it's good.

Of course it would be the best if it was unique spec specific challenge proper, but making that for 36 specs would be too wild. When it's shared between multiple specs, then yeah for some specs it's easier than the others, not much to do there, except maybe aura tuning.

I hope there will be something like this again next expansion, much rather that than Torghast into which they put ungodly amount of time and work and was just mehhhh.
    They already have spec tuning. This is what causes the issue. Restoration druids challenge is the same as holy priests but the mages in restoration druids challenge doesn't hit like trucks, like they do on priests. Resto Shamans hit like trucks too. Why? Probably because they can dispel the stacks but dispelling the stacks just means you are trading GCDs with the mages while doing no damage or healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    I have played it in Legion, and I have played Enhancement for 14 years, I am pretty confident I know when something is overturned.

I could probably down it after a lot of tries but I don't care enough to play perfectly for 10 minutes each time just to wipe because of some RNG ruining a perfect pull until I get lucky. That's "fake difficulty" to me.
    You mean Sygrin?

The only RNG in that fight is the rune placement and which sides the val'kyrs come from.
    Other than that every single ability is on a timer.
    Just did it on Arcane, learned the pattern and easy fight.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4otiWmwe0

Unholy DK POV. Could have played it better but hey, it died (eventually).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    You mean Sygrin?

The only RNG in that fight is the rune placement and which sides the val'kyrs come from.
    Other than that every single ability is on a timer.
    Just did it on Arcane, learned the pattern and easy fight.
    Yes but it happens quite a lot having val'kyrs, runes, the guy with the bubble, berserk and the blood of the father or whatever at the same time. Yes the 5 things at the same time even if you try to control it and avoid that happening, it happens sooner or later. For me it's around 45%-55%.

I even had val'kyrs not touching me and do damage, touching runes and they still explode among other things.

And btw, I am saying it's overtuned, not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I only have 1max char just like I did in legion.

Completed in legion with 3 shaman specs.

Now going to try it with warrior.

Anyway, probably the majority of players, have more than one toon. But thats not the point. If there is mage tower bosses for all speccs, I assume they should all work.
    i agree, and seeing that they fixxed the survival hunter cheese and made it harder, while not making anything easier, it does look like they do want it this hard.

impossible is bad, and easy cheese is bad, im not expecting blizz to be able to balance this, but I do hope so.

The only thing I wanted from this was the new mount cause it fits my main arcane mage rp outfit, thats why i was thinking it was doable in a broken meta way, but of course I would want blizz to deliver proper.

Prot paladin done(34 tries). Now only missing healer and Tugar Bloodtotem.