Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, keep it relatively hard, its supposed to be a challenge, not Imp Mother times 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, keep it relatively hard, its supposed to be a challenge, not Imp Mother times 6.
    I don't even think mine was that hard, by the 8th pull I was basically doing the same thing over an over, the kill was nothing more then a large influx of crits at the right times on the right mobs when other pulls that wasnt the case.

Besides I never considered running around in a circle for 7mins ground breaking, not even in 7.2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yep.. Theres no timed event in wow that is actually hard. Clear 5 mythic dungeons, clear 5 timewalking dungeons, fight 20 pet battles, win 5 bgs.. All of them are easy. Why not this too if they want to have it timed?

- - - Updated - - -

As a average wow player who doesnt push high m+ keys, mythic raids or high end pvp - this feature is something i'll do for a while and if I aint getting progress, I just forget it excists. I did this back in legion too and it was a challenge, but not like this.

Hearing the need to farm old shit gear that scales better in there makes me just frustrated. Hell no im not going to farm that for this. Also, since it timed its easier to just say "fuck it" and ignore it. If it was always there, I could at any time go there and try it out.
    "Do for a while", but it only lasts 1 week. lol Again, who is this for? Casuals won't have the time to complete it since they will need multiple hours per spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    first of all i didnt say ive done one try but ok, whatever suits your trolling
    second, how many attempts do you need to notice ability that was in legion possible to pretty much ignore (as it was easily overhealed with one ability) now hits you like a truck (40%hp or so)? if you cant notice that in 1-2 attempts then i seriously doubt you ever did any MT challenge, back then or now
    Yea, they buffed the damage from 20% HP to 40% HP but it isn't too bad for DH because you can do a double jump and charge out of the circle every time so you get only one tick of comet storm which is the same tactic as back in legion. It's not too different for DH compared to Legion but the fight is much longer (about 10-15 minutes instead of the 7-10 minutes back in Legion).

Other classes like arms warrior have it a bit harder because you need to jump and leap for the first comet storm and use bladestorm+ignore pain on every other comet storm to kill the ice shards fast enough and survive. Back in legion it was good enoug to just use sweeping strikes or cleave and if you had the legendary bracers the fight was trivial because you outhealed everything. Survival hunter I have no idea how you can get out of comet storm fast enough.

All challenges can be done, some with the same tactics like back in legion, some with different tactics and some are overtuned but can be cheesed. Blizzard has to nerf some challenges because it's unreasonable to make it only possible if you farm a timewalking set with perfect stat distribution and sockets and specific trinkets. Also using tank trinkets for most DPS challenges makes them easier.

Timewalking scaling everyone's gear to be equal and a lack of BiS mythic gear no longer usable as an excuse and no other players around besides yourself... Mage Tower challenges are proving to be the rude wake up call to the WoW player base that they aren't as skilled as they thought they were. I'd imagine the mental gymnastic are going on, convincing themselves that the fights are just overtuned to save their egos. Not like anyone couldn't see that coming from a mile away before the content was even released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    They have already gone against your demands to "keep things the same." Legion artifact weapons and Legion legendaries are disabled in the new mage tower, both of which were active while mage tower wasn't just a rerelease of old content. In keeping with the inconsistencies, some trinkets are disabled while other, clearly more overpowered (for this specific content) trinkets are untouched by blizzard like Gronntooth.

You claim you want them to keep things the same, but refuse to acknowledge that they have already failed to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

"You people really have no clue wtf you're talking about, do you?"

"Who cares if it's SOD Mythic or leveling greens? It's scaled to same lowbie stats anyway???"

Pot, meet kettle.

I really want to see you explain away the difference between a leveling green and cyclotronic blast or gronntooth war horn. Ya know, since they're all "scaled to the same lowbie stats."
    His point was exactly that though, you need to get specific old items to cheese it. His armory was a toon in mythic current content, which is no different from lvling greens when scaled down. The only difference then is amt. of sockets and the trinkets. Myself I did it in my normal pve gear, which also means I had 5 "dead" sockets with domination slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Then how are so many people completing it without issue? Have you mathed it out to confirm your guestimation? Have you considered it might be a "you" issue?

I'm not saying there is NO difference for ANY spec compared to similar gear levels in legion. What I am hinting at is that some people are GROSSLY exaggerating the difficulty, in particular when compared to original release. I personally think a huge amount of people's main memory of MT are from the prepatch when it was hugely nerfed and many very.......low skilled players still managed to defeat the more simple challenges.
    Tested the Havoc one because that was my first ever MT back in Legion during its first lockout.

Haven't completed it yet but the Xylem part definitely takes longer and feels more painful than it did in Legion using NH gear. I can only imagine the dps check in p2 must be tiiiiight.

Hunter one was very fair imo. My best attempt after 4 tries was getting the Tauren to 44% worm at 100%, then the mechanics just clicked in my flow and my 5th attempt killed it without making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Yea, they buffed the damage from 20% HP to 40% HP but it isn't too bad for DH because you can do a double jump and charge out of the circle every time so you get only one tick of comet storm which is the same tactic as back in legion.
    as frost DK your "best" tactic is to deathstrike your way out of ice, but due to scaling you have to get lucky with KM procs and runic power or you will die before geting out, so its terribly dependant on luck, maybe with the "timewalking" gear it would be better, but thats just terrible tuning, especialy since other classes can cheese it...
    if someone wants to beat the head against the wall hoping for lucky break good luck for them, im not gonna bother for recolor set...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-10 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Do for a while", but it only lasts 1 week. lol Again, who is this for? Casuals won't have the time to complete it since they will need multiple hours per spec.
    True, "for a while" is probably bit of a stretch here. Personally, I tried it out the first day. Havent bothered since cause its pointless. Might give it a shot this weekend, but doubt I will spend much time on it.

This is probably a forgettable feature for most folks. Atleast the timewalking m+ are fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Timewalking scaling everyone's gear to be equal and a lack of BiS mythic gear no longer usable as an excuse and no other players around besides yourself... Mage Tower challenges are proving to be the rude wake up call to the WoW player base that they aren't as skilled as they thought they were. I'd imagine the mental gymnastic are going on, convincing themselves that the fights are just overtuned to save their egos. Not like anyone couldn't see that coming from a mile away before the content was even released.
    You might be correct, while being wrong to. Alot of players might think they are better than they are, but others know the skillset they have. I know how good I am, so I dont take part in really difficult settings in the game anymore. I might try to push high m+ keys now and again just to test myself, but its not really a main focus for me.

That said - if this MT timed challenge feature is to be a true and real cuckblock for most people and really difficult, then so be it. I couldt give less of a fuck. Its easy for me to admit "yeah, to hard wont bother" and move on. Blizzard should though, cause participation and hype for this feature will die off faster than it came back into the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    To get the set on my priest do I have to do all 3 challenged again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I hope Blizzard never listen to those who are complaining about the Mage Tower challenge. It's a real challenge, and it's not meant to be an easy path. If you can't deal with the encounters, improve your skill, because that's basically the problem: your LACK of skill. Bosses are NOT overtuned, they are just challenging; get over it. All those who are complaining wanna destroy an interesting feature of the game just because they want it straight away; they wanna get there and kill the boss without any effort (perhaps because they think they should get it just because they're paying). As I said before, you should IMPROVE your skill with your character and try it over and over until you get it. Blizzard, please, don't listen to those who are whining, they are the reason why this game has become so easy in so many ways. Keep the difficulty as it is right now.
    Pretty sure the boss fights are overtuned compared to how they originally were with the at that time appropriate gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'd imagine the mental gymnastic are going on, convincing themselves that the fights are just overtuned to save their egos.
    well given blizzard already said it themselve that some specs are overtuned it seems more like some people playing the "lucky few" specs that are now easier than in legion convinced themself they are better players than others, and now cant admit they just got lucky break and others specs are just worse off...

ill definitely wont do all, im not that good at some specs, but hell some specs are definitely tuned WAY harder than when i did the challenge on them back in 7.2, if you cant see it you either didnt do the challenge back then, or now, or neither
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-10 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Feels very much like a single player Mythic raid encounter. You just learn the bits and pieces of the encounter's strengths and weaknesses and slam your dick against the wall til it finally clicks. I did a few of them and they were properly difficult... maybe a little bit too difficult for a few specs/classes but I don't think it's a bad thing that properly difficult solo content finally exists again.
    Pretty much this. I've done Sigryn without specific gear / DBM because I enjoyed having to care about the fight, even if that meant dying because I didn't saw her cast Blood of the father. I was surprised by the enrage when I cleared it so I finally decided to use DBM since the damage was now an issue. But I really had a fair amount of fun dying.

The only issue I actually have with mage tower is its availability and that's why it will get nerf. 2 weeks every year is not enough for something you have to train and tryhard. If you have trained a full week, fail, and wait 6 month, all your training will be negated by the time that have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    The only issue I actually have with mage tower is its availability and that's why it will get nerf. 2 weeks every year is not enough for something you have to train and tryhard. If you have trained a full week, fail, and wait 6 month, all your training will be negated by the time that have passed.
    9.1.5 is already light on content, I don't see the harm in "accidentally" leaving the MT up til 9.2. It'd be a nice X-mas gift from Blizzard.

9.1.5 is already light on content, I don't see the harm in "accidentally" leaving the MT up til 9.2. It'd be a nice X-mas gift from Blizzard.
    Holy Shit! We actually agree on something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    If they make any change, I'd like it to be to extend or remove to time limit.

There are some that need a tweak, but that's because they're (borderline?) impossible without exceptional luck. Most of them are doable, that's all that matters; The time limit is the only real issue here.
    This. They are borderline impossible. If we had more time it would be ok. But it's 2 weeks before Christmas which is typically a very busy time. People have things on in the weekends on top of work. It's stressful and limiting.

And that's not even addressing tuning. I think they should be toned down slightly if they're still going to be time gated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Besides I never considered running around in a circle for 7mins ground breaking, not even in 7.2 lol
    Sounds about right

Imo they should "accidentally" just leave it there forever XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Then how are so many people completing it without issue? Have you mathed it out to confirm your guestimation? Have you considered it might be a "you" issue?
    Have you actually seen the Assassination rogue video kills or you're just trying to make senseless generalizations?

As I wrote it a few times - I didn't say it's impossible. I said it's much harder than it was in Legion.
    I got it on my fifth try in 7.2. Right now? It was like ~40-50.

So yeah, some challenges are trivial(see Survival hunters with Xylem encounter) and some requires alot and it's not skill issue(Assa rogue challenge, it requires almost all the edge you can get, and by that I meant the consumables etc.).

What I am hinting at is that some people are GROSSLY exaggerating the difficulty, in particular when compared to original release. I personally think a huge amount of people's main memory of MT are from the prepatch when it was hugely nerfed and many very.......low skilled players still managed to defeat the more simple challenges.
    It's like MUCH MORE harder for assa rogues than it was before. You can join the Assassination rogue discord and see that people are comparing the 7.2 and the one we've got right now. The new one is much harder. It's a DPS race(before the enrage and before they kill you because of lack of the leech) that you cannot finish with any gear. I tried it few times without consumables with just ~250ilvl gear(I know it's scaled down) and it was impossible. It's not a skill issue(had nearly perfect ~90% bleed uptime on three targets and was dodging everything perfectly, the enrage timer was just too short).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-12-10 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's like MUCH MORE harder for assa rogues than it was before. You can join the Assassination rogue discord and see that people are comparing the 7.2 and the one we've got right now. The new one is much harder. It's a DPS race(before the enrage and before they kill you because of lack of the leech) that you cannot finish with any gear. I tried it few times without consumables with just ~250ilvl gear(I know it's scaled down) and it was impossible. It's not a skill issue(had nearly perfect ~90% bleed uptime on three targets and was dodging everything perfectly, the enrage timer was just too short).
    This, some classes seem wonky, as i said before, i did Fury as 894 with grontooth (lowered ilvl), and did Prot Warrior a couple weeks after with 902 ilvl back then.

Did like 20 tries on the new, while knowing everything, and the math simply show that i am doing 25-30% of the DPS i did to finish the Prot one back then.

I entered P2 of the Prot Warrior with second infernal just spawning back then, this time no matter how hard i try and how well and everything, i enter P2 with 5 Infernals, i am literally taking 3 times as long cause of the DPS basically, and i am not talking Antorus gear obviously as i said above.

Its still doable but the math are off and obviously tryharding way more than the original :P

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Back in Legion some classes did have it easier than others, so they could use some tuning back then.
    Now.. haven't tried them yet, but I more than welcome a challenge in skill.

However, one can argue that adjusting your skills, grabbing special gear and stocking up on all sorts of trinkets/toys/potions and spells is not really part of the challenge; it's just making it easier for yourself.
    Except they did "fix the bug" that gave those with the Imp Mother scenario a great advantage. It was flagged as "outdoors" so those Broken Isle potions worked in there as well as the Command Center buff (e.g. the swarm of blue whelps that utterly destroyed their target.