Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is a potential tease on the Pokemon.com Legends Arceus page.

Ball Guy has dropped his poke balls. If you click them to remove them, eventually one explodes.

Seems like Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode is going to be revealed soon. Otherwise this is a really weird thing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account

New Voltorb form. Electric/Grass typing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

member when people thought voltorb was man made because it was first seen in a company that manufactures Poké Balls?
    yeah neither does gamefreak

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    member when people thought voltorb was man made because it was first seen in a company that manufactures Poké Balls?
    yeah neither does gamefreak
    You mean after they ignore it was first seen when poke Balls were introduced?

Silver and Soul Silver entries: It was discovered when Poké Balls were introduced. It is said that there is some connection.

Ruby and Omega Ruby: Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery.

You do know a company could exist that is manufacturing poke balls at the time Legends takes place too. Or do you think Legends is set in an equivalent of Feudal Japan?
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-12-11 at 12:14 AM.
    –The Sith Code

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm just hoping that the H-Voltorb line's learnpool isn't a dumpster fire like the regular one is. At least the dual typing should at least give it a bit more move coverage, something the original version lacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it made of wood now? I know of another metal character that changed to wood

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is it made of wood now? I know of another metal character that changed to wood
    Your picture doesn't display correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Your picture doesn't display correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, pokemon revealed more about Legends today.

Apparently the local clans praise a being known as Sinnoh or at least use the phrase that suggests that.
    And Irida I have a feeling is going to be the next female pokemon character that gets a lot of fan art.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So, pokemon revealed more about Legends today.

Apparently the local clans praise a being known as Sinnoh or at least use the phrase that suggests that.
    And Irida I have a feeling is going to be the next female pokemon character that gets a lot of fan art.
    According to the pokemon twitter or other social media, both clans are divided on which being is referred to as "Sinnoh", so people are speculating "Sinnoh" is Dialga and Palkia, instead of Arceus like people were originally talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    According to the pokemon twitter or other social media, both clans are divided on which being is referred to as "Sinnoh", so people are speculating "Sinnoh" is Dialga and Palkia, instead of Arceus like people were originally talking about
    I guess this is Sinnoh then.

so how do you guys rate the all remakes?
    (not in a tier list but with school grades or star system)

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You mean after they ignore it was first seen when poke Balls were introduced?

Silver and Soul Silver entries: It was discovered when Poké Balls were introduced. It is said that there is some connection.

Ruby and Omega Ruby: Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery.

You do know a company could exist that is manufacturing poke balls at the time Legends takes place too. Or do you think Legends is set in an equivalent of Feudal Japan?
    I cant remember where and when I read it
    But my memory says pokeballs were invented in the 1920's or so (by accident with an expiremt with a primeape if i'm not mistaken)
    hisui doesnt look like it's in the early 1900's

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I cant remember where and when I read it
    But my memory says pokeballs were invented in the 1920's or so (by accident with an expiremt with a primeape if i'm not mistaken)
    hisui doesnt look like it's in the early 1900's
    It is the pokemon equivalent of the Meiji period.

Also, that story is questionable canon. And the pokemon's world tech is different than ours.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-12-17 at 02:52 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Long time no see here. Anyone think they will add the full, 1000+ pokemon in the next game? Personally, I think they will. At this point, they have most of the models. If I recall correctly, that was why they said they didn't have a full dex to start with. A lack of models. Still hoping for more eeveelutions though. Those are always my favorite. Didn't get one this gen which was a first since they started doing it every other gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Long time no see here. Anyone think they will add the full, 1000+ pokemon in the next game?
    I don't see why they would. The hundred billion dollar Pokemon franchise has learned that the quality of their games and the dissatisfaction of their customers is irrelevant. So long as it has the word "Pokemon" slapped on it and there is a lot of marketing, it will sell millions of copies.

At this point, they have most of the models.
    They've had all of them since 2011, when Creatures Inc created the models for Pokédex 3D and the 3DS games, which have been imported into every mainline 3D Pokemon game since, including SwSh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time no see here. Anyone think they will add the full, 1000+ pokemon in the next game? Personally, I think they will. At this point, they have most of the models. If I recall correctly, that was why they said they didn't have a full dex to start with. A lack of models. Still hoping for more eeveelutions though. Those are always my favorite. Didn't get one this gen which was a first since they started doing it every other gen.
    Pokemon as game came to a point where is just not worth buying any more. Heck even a diamond remake had problems due to gamefreak shitty coding. (not a issue with people who were put on that project -- knowing they were also on limited time to get content out)

Playing cyber sleuth right now as i got it for very cheap lol. Netural/Virus/Vaccine/Data + elements make the game a bit more interesting at least from gameplay perspective (unlike pokemon double elements)....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Playing cyber sleuth right now as i got it for very cheap lol. Netural/Virus/Vaccine/Data + elements make the game a bit more interesting at least from gameplay perspective (unlike pokemon double elements)....
    Kinda understand but Pokemon and Cyber Sleuth are way different beasts cyber sleuth has more in common with SMT then Pokemon and doesn't have a huge competitive scene. Not to mention an actual emphasis on story.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will never add all Pokémon into the games anymore. They got away with the dexit and sold more copies than ever so they don't need to care anymore.