Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I like the original. It fits very well with WoW's comic style.
    Sorry, but your "corrections" look like shit and do not fit at all. They make her look older and "fake". The elves are supposed to be human-like and not complete abominations
    I'm simply used to higher standards when it comes to Blizzard's cinematics than this:

I even picked a better shot of her for my edit. A sane person can't think this is good. ↑
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I even picked a better shot of her for my edit. A sane person can't think this is good. ↑
    Reminds me of the earlier clone wars quality, Sylvanas could rule Mandalore XD

The new models from the cinematic looks like from Fortnite, Overwatch. They're too smooth and roundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Reminds me of the earlier clone wars quality, Sylvanas could rule Mandalore XD
    You are not wrong for the comparison xD but even Clone Wars were able to step up their game, while this is clearly a step back. It is definitely rendered differently than all previous cinematics. Perhaps it saved some time or other resources for the cinematic department, but the quality didn't get better.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I do kind of miss the more pear shaped/Santa looking Uther from the Warcraft 3 portrait lol.

His beard needs more volume :P
    Wow, just realised now looking at that old wc3 picture. His under lip and mouth is fucked up position wise... Can't unsee that now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm simply used to higher standards when it comes to Blizzard's cinematics than this:

I think the biggest issue here is the shitty lighting. Usually the light in WoW cinematics is very diffused and shadows are very, soft. This prevents the models from "popping out" and looking like plastic toys. Instead of relying on lighting for detail, those subtle differences in hues and tones and shades are painted on, the textures help us identify the subject, not the lighting. And in I think that's what's missing here.

Here's more or less what I mean
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-12-11 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I think the biggest issue here is the shitty lighting.
    No, the biggest issue is the clay looking hair, the anatomically incorrect facial structure and the retarded facial expressions. It's as if they let the Windrunner Sisters comic artist create this cinematic.

They stooped to a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    They probably softened the features of Sylvanas' high elf model to really capture the "soft best girl" vibe to really sell that she's innocent in all this.

It looks fine in my eyes, no worse than WoW's usual cinematics just different.
    She's not innocent enough. They should go even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ngl, the first time i saw this cinematic i thought its fanmade or something. wondered why her face felt off. way too smooth
    Outsourced.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I think the biggest issue here is the shitty lighting. Usually the light in WoW cinematics is very diffused and shadows are very, soft. This prevents the models from "popping out" and looking like plastic toys. Instead of relying on lighting for detail, those subtle differences in hues and tones and shades are painted on, the textures help us identify the subject, not the lighting. And in I think that's what's missing here.

Here's more or less what I mean
    While you are right with the light (it is a soft light thus all shadows are more subtle) it shoudln't affect the texture mapped (applied) on the model. The texture lacks details. Look at the apples closely, there's equally much details left on their "texture" (skin), only the lights and shadows got softer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No, the biggest issue is the clay looking hair, the anatomically incorrect facial structure and the retarded facial expressions. It's as if they let the Windrunner Sisters comic artist create this cinematic.

They stooped to a new low.
    Thank you. Thank f#^@$%g you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not wrong for the comparison xD but even Clone Wars were able to step up their game, while this is clearly a step back. It is definitely rendered differently than all previous cinematics. Perhaps it saved some time or other resources for the cinematic department, but the quality didn't get better.
    Well, speak for yourself - because for me it actually does look a lot better than previous cinematics.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, speak for yourself - because for me it actually does look a lot better than previous cinematics.
    Honey I’m speaking for myself. That’s why I started this thread and not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her faces looks like smth out of Overwatch

I couldn't even tell it was her at first.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

You can see here that Thrall's undergone some pretty extensive "humanification" in the last few expansions. It's more than just the eyes in his case but I think it's just to help us understand human emotions. It was immediately noticeable and a bit weird in Sylvanas' case in the cinematic, but again, not enough to shatter my suspension of disbelief completely.
    Eyebrows are the most distinguishing 'Human' feature Thrall has that almost no other Orc has.

7+ Year Old Account

this is better for you? removing all facial structure, come on you have to be meming.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

this is better for you? removing all facial structure, come on you have to be meming.
    I am. XD I did that as a response to the guy who said they probably softended her look to sell that she’s innocent. I said that she’s still not innocent enough.

Sylvannas and Uther looked bad. Blizzard are great at cinematics, not sure why they decided to change it. Looks like a Pixar special and not WoW.

She's horsefaced.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yea.. the noodle hair, disney face and all way to smooth. Its wow not elsa guys.. jeez.

Not worse then that windrunner reunion, but not better either.

- - - Updated - - -

She's not innocent enough. They should go even further.

Hahah perfection.