Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Possible next expansions

1. Dragon isles

2. Ogre isles

3. South sea

4. Cata 2 revamp boogaloo

5. Scarlet crusade return

6. Light and void (low on list because they said we are going to be fighting smaller threats)

Personally I’m hoping for dragon isles

New class possibilities

1. Dragonsworn

2. That which shall not be named

3. No new class just new specs

4. Battle mage

5. Void knight

Dragon-sworn is my hope because since the leak of aspects or flight or whatever I am super excited and the intro scenario can be a series throughout the time of Wrathion’s life and it’s got such a cool possibility for a back story and I might drop monk

Whatever fanfiction Danuser wants to write, anything is possible. Anything nonsensical and non-Warcraft like.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Whatever fanfiction Danuser wants to write, anything is possible. Anything nonsensical and non-Warcraft like.
    So basically whatever Marvel have done with Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas and co…

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    So basically whatever Marvel have done with Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas and co…
    I mean…Sylvanas is essentially the green ranger now

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA was the South Seas expansion.

Undermine is a potential expansion since it was planned as a continent in vanilla.

I wasn't following Shadowlands closely, but little I saw, I wouldn't mind seeing Bard as a playable class in near future since the lore is quite here already if you consider bits found in Bastion and perhaps other places. And of course not forgetting beloved Tinker.

I don't think Turalyon would be blinded by the light after what he learned of Xe'ra but Blizzards writing has been so shit as of late and illogical I'm afraid that thats probably the most likely expansion.

A rebuilding expansion would be good. Rebuilding relationships, forces, infrastructure, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    1. Dragon isles

2. Ogre isles

3. South sea

6. Light and void (low on list because they said we are going to be fighting smaller threats)

New class possibilities

1. Dragonsworn

2. That which shall not be named

3. No new class just new specs

4. Battle mage

5. Void knight

Dragon-sworn is my hope because since the leak of aspects or flight or whatever I am super excited and the intro scenario can be a series throughout the time of Wrathion’s life and it’s got such a cool possibility for a back story and I might drop monk
    Dragon Isles are a very real possibility.

Ogre Isle is Ogrezonia and was created as a joke to address female ogres, saying they are on an island of all female mega women (I think, as a reference to the Futurama SnooSnoo episode) - low possibility to see but we got Pandaria soooo

South Seas was BfA

Cata 2 revamp I'm going to assume you mean old world revamp, probably the biggest possibility nowadays.

Scarlet's carrying an entire expansion seems unlikely and lorewise they were wiped out. Priest campaign in Legion has you finishing off an attempted comeback by them.

Light vs Void how would an expac be made by this? They are two cosmic forces two sides of the same coin since the beginning of the universe. Would it be naaru aiding us against void?

Dragonsworn - this isnt anything. It's an MMO-champion fan concept. It has no basis in lore, never mentioned before in any capacity whatsoever.

We have an equal chance of the Storm Templar being added.

That which shall not be named - wouldnt want to summon Ielenia. But yes Tinker is probably the next class to be added. Hard to imagine Blizz is ignoring it when it's top of fan requested classes since before demon hunter.

New specs instead - nah, it's been 2 expacs now. It's new class time Blizz don't make us beg.

Battlemage - it's covered by so many classes already. A melee spellcaster essentially.

Void Knight - see Dragonsworn.

Undermine Expansion + Tinker Class

Dragon Isles Expansion + Dragonsworn Class

A possible location of a future expansion is also Nihilam, the Doom World. It was the battlefield planet where Sargeras defeated the Titans. The giant broken physical bodies of the Titan Pantheon might still be there, which could make for some epic environments.

I’m not against a Dragonsworn or Dragon Knight like hero class. It’s about time they start looking forward instead of tying to wring every last drop out of WC2&3. The biggest issue is what can you add to the game without stealing from existing classes. I also firmly believe Blizz needs to make all future races neutral and basically say transmog be damned. Zero reason to give me a Mogu warrior and expect it to fit into tier 4 raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Dragon Isles are a very real possibility.

Ogre Isle is Ogrezonia and was created as a joke to address female ogres, saying they are on an island of all female mega women (I think, as a reference to the Futurama SnooSnoo episode) - low possibility to see but we got Pandaria soooo

South Seas was BfA

Cata 2 revamp I'm going to assume you mean old world revamp, probably the biggest possibility nowadays.

Scarlet's carrying an entire expansion seems unlikely and lorewise they were wiped out. Priest campaign in Legion has you finishing off an attempted comeback by them.

Light vs Void how would an expac be made by this? They are two cosmic forces two sides of the same coin since the beginning of the universe. Would it be naaru aiding us against void?

Dragonsworn - this isnt anything. It's an MMO-champion fan concept. It has no basis in lore, never mentioned before in any capacity whatsoever.

We have an equal chance of the Storm Templar being added.

That which shall not be named - wouldnt want to summon Ielenia. But yes Tinker is probably the next class to be added. Hard to imagine Blizz is ignoring it when it's top of fan requested classes since before demon hunter.

New specs instead - nah, it's been 2 expacs now. It's new class time Blizz don't make us beg.

Battlemage - it's covered by so many classes already. A melee spellcaster essentially.

Void Knight - see Dragonsworn.
    So for dragonsworn it’s technically something that exists but not in the form of a class
    There were mortals that through service to a dragonflight was granted power

A way to justify the class is by using Wrathion and his guards that happen to show up everywhere

The scarlet crusade carrying an expansion is definitely a stretch but we currently know that they are still around and the current plan is to use the “son” of the now dead princess menethil to lead to an uprising. It has a really cool possible twist with the son being a fraud and the true heir being Talia because we know nothing of her mother and we know nothing about the other side even if it was a boy or girl just that her husband was ginger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I’m not against a Dragonsworn or Dragon Knight like hero class. It’s about time they start looking forward instead of tying to wring every last drop out of WC2&3. The biggest issue is what can you add to the game without stealing from existing classes. I also firmly believe Blizz needs to make all future races neutral and basically say transmog be damned. Zero reason to give me a Mogu warrior and expect it to fit into tier 4 raid gear.
    I think I made a concept for them a while back that had a kinda reverse combo point/energy system

I love the idea of neutral races because jinyu has to come

- Dragon Isles are definitely coming in some for or fashion. They smacked us over the head with them so blatantly in BfA regarding Wrathion and his henchmen that it’s impossible they’re not on the way “soonish”.

- Light/Void/Elune/Titans/First Ones/Cosmic shenanigans. This stuff is coming, I just don’t think it’s 10.0.

- A big world revamp would be a lot of fun but I remain skeptical they can pull it off. Cata stretched them very thin and they mostly just reused recent assets in old zones (+ lava!!). A proper revamp would just be such an insane amount of art to do properly that it feels very unlikely (but I want to believe!).

- Otherside of Azeroth always an option - it was tacitly confirmed to exist with the Chronicles (Ancient Kalimdor was “the largest continent”).

- Time travel/hopping expansion could be an option too - but instead of an alternate timeline world like with WoD, just think of it more as an expanded Caverns of Time situation with us having larger efforts to contain the Infinites in zones instead of merely dungeons. Gives us access to stuff like the First War without needing to explain “ropes and threads from multi-verse characters entering the same Shadowlands”…

- Undermine + Tinkers. I’ll be honest, sounds terrible but certainly plausible.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-12-13 at 05:25 AM.

I'd like to either get an underground expansion with Nerubian kingdoms, crawling through the dead carcass of Y'shaarj, etc, or go exploring alien worlds like Outland and Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    - Dragon Isles are definitely coming in some for or fashion. They smacked us over the head with them so blatantly in BfA regarding Wrathion and his henchmen that it’s impossible they’re not on the way “soonish”.

- Light/Void/Elune/Titans/First Ones/Cosmic shenanigans. This stuff is coming, I just don’t think it’s 10.0.

- A big world revamp would be a lot of fun but I remain skeptical they can pull it off. Cata stretched them very thin and they mostly just reused recent assets in old zones (+ lava!!). A proper revamp would just be such an insane amount of art to do properly that it feels very unlikely (but I want to believe!).

- Otherside of Azeroth always an option - it was tacitly confirmed to exist with the Chronicles (Ancient Kalimdor was “the largest continent”).

- Time travel/hopping expansion could be an option too - but instead of an alternate timeline world like with WoD, just think of it more as an expanded Caverns of Time situation with us having larger efforts to contain the Infinites in zones instead of merely dungeons. Gives us access to stuff like the First War without needing to explain “ropes and threads from multi-verse characters entering the same Shadowlands”…

I think a revamp can be done a lot easier than it did in the past because of ziidormi

I think a revamp can be done a lot easier than it did in the past because of ziidormi
    A world revamp to me is they essentially paint over Kalimdor and EK, update the terrain and graphics to 2022 standard, remove those ugly mountains that serve as fences between zones and you can fit an entire expansion worth of new zones just in those mountain ranges alone.

Then fill zones with new things to do, new stories and world quests and that to me is the chef's kiss of an expansion pack

Let's get on a fucking rocket ship and have an entire expansion in outer space.

1. Dragon isles

2. Ogre isles

3. South sea

1. Most likely scenario is Dragon Isles

2. Ogre Isles as in the lost continent from WoD? I love me some Ogres but lets hope not

3. Already done via BfA

4. Unlikely given that the Exploring books have given us zero new lore

5. Scarlets might return. I can't see it being the subject of an entire expansion.

6. They said the story is returning to Azeroth in the future. It could still be Void and Light themed but just not as much in the cosmic sense like we saw with Shadowlands.

I want to see a forbidding sea expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    At this point, Danuser should be getting a new self-insert so he can digitally date his waifu, so expect something like anduin going edgy enough to date sylvanus bit not too edgy to still be the focus of the entire cast to lick his boots en keep the didenytarded appeal going.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

The fun thing is that WoD was originally supposed to be a time travel expansion, but it ended up as multiverse expansion instead.

#TEAMGIRAFFE