Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If the rules of the sport weren't followed, this could go all the way up to the CAS. And knowing Toto, and the fact he's reportedly in his office with his legal team and refusing to speak to anyone right now, I'm guessing that's as far as he's willing to go.
    As a Honda fan, a Max WDC win would give me some comfort after enduring years of their abysmal performance with McLaren, but damn... it just feels wrong.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The most amusing part of this is the fact that Mick Schumacher triggered the incident, thereby allowing Max to defend Michael's record.
    There will be no 8th meme is real!

- - - Updated - - -

Real talk though, if the results stand expect 2022 to be a fully focused Lewis on a mission. He's going to push that car so much if Red Bull or Ferrari are not clear ahead in their advantage then Lewis is going to be long gone by midseason if history shows anything about how Lewis is when angry and focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    That's major copium. They wouldn't do anything because slight overtakes happen all the time
    It would be a ridiculous decision for sure, but I think what that poster is getting at, is that the FIA have egregiously broken their own rules in a way which substantively and clearly changed the probable result of the race, and to prevent legal challenge they'd rather find something menial and superficial to overturn the result without accepting fault. Its a get out of jail free card for them despite how absurd it would be.

As a note, I suspect the case would turn on whether this was an effective field of play decision. I think the argument would be weak as the rule breached includes limited situational discretion. I.e. clearly distinguishable from (say) a penalty awarded for a foul in a game of football.
    Last edited by Fenrys; 2021-12-12 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    It would be a ridiculous decision for sure, but I think what that poster is getting at, is that the FIA have egregiously broken their own rules in a way which substantively and clearly changed the probable result of the race, and to prevent legal challenge they'd rather find something menial and superficial to overturn the result without accepting fault. Its a get out of jail free card for them despite how absurd it would be.
    This. If they rule it that way, it would be purely using Verstappen as a scapegoat and be totally bullshit. But done so they can save face, which they don't deserve to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Michael Masi's just quit for a new lucrative role.

After demonstrating a season of making up rules and not being able to stick with them, Boris Johnson just offered him a cushy seat in his cabinet.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Oh internet don't ever change

https://imgur.com/Aydobhs.png
    I've had issues with Perez in the past, but that was a defensive masterclass. Dude needs a nice bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I've had issues with Perez in the past, but that was a defensive masterclass. Dude needs a nice bonus.
    Honestly, drivers like that are hard to come by, and deserve to be treated properly by their team mate.

If ever you're a league ahead of everyone in the championship, give them a race win. Don't Barrichello them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, drivers like that are hard to come by, and deserve to be treated properly by their team mate.

If ever you're a league ahead of everyone in the championship, give them a race win. Don't Barrichello them.
    Yeah, I was super stoked for Perez in Sakir and Baku. It's been a long season, but I'm anxious to see how quickly he and Russell can gel into the 2022 cars and get to battling it out with Max and Lewis. Should be fun.

Max overtaking Lewis under safety car protest has been rejected.

"Although (VER) did, for a very short period of time, move slightly in front of (HAM), when both were accelerating and braking, moved back behind and not in front when safety car period ended"

10+ Year Old Account
    Max overtaking Lewis under safety car protest has been rejected.

"Although (VER) did, for a very short period of time, move slightly in front of (HAM), when both were accelerating and braking, moved back behind and not in front when safety car period ended"
    Well at least they're not going to use Verstappen as a scape goat. Now it's all about how much authority Masi has.

Well at least they're not going to use Verstappen as a scape goat. Now it's all about how much authority Masi has.
    Either way it's not going to end tonight. CAS is certainly going to be involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way it's not going to end tonight. CAS is certainly going to be involved.
    I'm not sure what options Red Bull have if the FIA (unlikely) overturn this tonight. It's a short deliberation time for it to be a reversal.

Yea, I tend to agree. No matter what happens--it's going to go there; the only difference is if it's Mercedes or Red Bull bringing it there. That said, there's no way that the FIA admit fault in this one, so it's going to be Mercedes appealing its way there. I'll eat crow if anything else happens, but yea.

Mercedes apparently brought a whole legal team with them to the Grand Prix, seemingly ready for this type of situation. From what has been shared on social media--it's apparently lead by Paul Harris. I have no context to the legal world, or soccer, but he's the guy who got Man City out of their UEFA ban last year and is being framed as quite a heavy hitter (wouldn't expect anything else from either RB or Mercedes' legal teams).

In the rare circumstance there is any overturning, I wouldn't be shocked if the FIA just threw Masi under the bus for all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if the FIA just threw Masi under the bus for all of it.
    Regardless of the outcome, he should be thrown out anyway.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Protest rejected, result stands.

FIA rejected the second appeal, will be interesting to see the wording as to why because that could make or break the case in CAS

Where are you guys getting these news so fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Where are you guys getting these news so fast?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/54911288

10+ Year Old Account
    FIA rejected the second appeal, will be interesting to see the wording as to why because that could make or break the case in CAS
    Seems there’s a “race director can do whatever the fuck he wants” article that supersedes everything.

I'm actually surprised Hamilton isn't bitching like he usually does, he actually took the whole thing like a champ. It's Merc that is non stop bitching about everything.