Well that just says it all doesnt it? Its just about branding, nothing about quality.
    Yup. That's life, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    But the fact that New World was completely trashed down in these awards makes it funnier.
    What does this mean? I have never heard a piece of media or performer described this way and using this bizarre language before regarding award nominations.

How does media get "trashed down" in the context of award nominations?

Where is this term or phrasing commonly used?

This does not sound like the kind of language a professional would ever use, formally or informally.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-12-12 at 04:59 PM.

Funny how they got completely wrecked there still. Wierd though, right?

Wanna hear something funny beside that? 7 Years ago I still was a developer, Indy and not something big. Still there was the time of the year you could buy yourself into these awards.
    Awards mean absolutely nothing. If they are community decided the games win that are a) hyped on twitch or b) have a loud vocal mass. Like Forza Hirzon 5 won the award for Soundtrack etc.

But the fact that New World was completely trashed down in these awards makes it funnier.

At least it stabilizied with a small steady decrease at 100k players at peak while the played time overall still goes down fast, extremely fast.
    The game is a failure for everyone who bought it beside a small minority.
    Just a small loss of 90% of the players and 95% less time played
    WoW has lost over 90% of its playerbase compared to how many have bought and tried it, a game doesnt need millions of players to be successful and players can come back to New World whenever they want as the game evolves, regardless of its issues its still a good MMO that actually wants you to team up and do stuff, most other MMOs are mostly single player with optional multiplayer.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoW has lost over 90% of its playerbase compared to how many have bought and tried it, a game doesnt need millions of players to be successful and players can come back to New World whenever they want as the game evolves, regardless of its issues its still a good MMO that actually wants you to team up and do stuff, most other MMOs are mostly single player with optional multiplayer.
    What do I need to group for in NW to obtain stuff that I cant do alone? Dungeons? Like every other MMORPG. BGs? Like every other MMORPG. Quests? Sure, like every other MMORPG. I reached almost lvl 40 before I quit and the only time I was in a grp was for dungeons and those mindless zergfiestas to clear out corruption. Beyond that, it was a solo game. Something I have no problem with personally, but lets just be honest here: This is not a game that forces or incentivies you to group up and do stuff a whole lot, atleast not more than any other MMORPG.

Most of the time you run around alone doing whatever. No idea where and when grouping is important except from the usual MMORPG stuff.

I'll give you one thing though - since its a one time purchase players can always return at a MUCH later stage IF they game has become better. Also as you said, it doesnt need millions of players either. What it do need right now is to combine servers.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What do I need to group for in NW to obtain stuff that I cant do alone? Dungeons? Like every other MMORPG. BGs? Like every other MMORPG. Quests? Sure, like every other MMORPG. I reached almost lvl 40 before I quit and the only time I was in a grp was for dungeons and those mindless zergfiestas to clear out corruption. Beyond that, it was a solo game. Something I have no problem with personally, but lets just be honest here: This is not a game that forces or incentivies you to group up and do stuff a whole lot, atleast not more than any other MMORPG.

Most of the time you run around alone doing whatever. No idea where and when grouping is important except from the usual MMORPG stuff.

I'll give you one thing though - since its a one time purchase players can always return at a MUCH later stage IF they game has become better. Also as you said, it doesnt need millions of players either. What it do need right now is to combine servers.
    You are required to group up at max level for the max level elite areas so you get more chances at loot, you can tag along with other groups solo but all you do is open chests, the game even wants you to group up throughout leveling since its so much easier playing with others,

NW has incentives to group up and do content with others, PvP flagged gives players higher chances of better loot so you want to group up for open world content, and the main content in the game is to group up and take towns and do wars.

You are required to group up at max level for the max level elite areas so you get more chances at loot, you can tag along with other groups solo but all you do is open chests, the game even wants you to group up throughout leveling since its so much easier playing with others,

NW has incentives to group up and do content with others, PvP flagged gives players higher chances of better loot so you want to group up for open world content, and the main content in the game is to group up and take towns and do wars.
    Yes, just like in any other MMORPG. You group up to overcome difficult challenges and get rewarded with good loot.

Yes, just like in any other MMORPG. You group up to overcome difficult challenges and get rewarded with good loot.
    NW is mostly designed around pushing players to group together, most MMOs are not designed that way and are mostly played like a single player with optional grouping if desired, i wouldnt call the automatic group finder tools real multiplayer even if you are playing with other ppl the content is usually trivial in difficulty.

I knew it was mediocre, at best, the moment I tried it out during the Beta. Glad more people are opening their eyes.

Yeh, but not within 2 months without a subscription model.
    If you enjoy New World, cool. I still think (and the masses now do) that New World is just a big failure and I will never buy another Amazon Game again. They tried a lot of stuff, even opened this "new" studio for the game and they can't get shit done.
    New World isnt a game for everyone, its main focus currently is still wars so if you dont like that content its not a game for a casual player, also it requires a ton of time just to get to max level, some gamers just cant put in enough effort to even get to max level in NW so they give up, WoW has taken years to polish out and it still screws things up all the time, it can hardly be called a big failure.

New World isnt a game for everyone, its main focus currently is still wars so if you dont like that content its not a game for a casual player, also it requires a ton of time just to get to max level, some gamers just cant put in enough effort to even get to max level in NW so they give up, WoW has taken years to polish out and it still screws things up all the time, it can hardly be called a big failure.
    See that's just the problem, Amazon had 12 years of WoW, plus FF XIV, ESO, Guild Wars 2, etc to reference when they started developing New World. They really don't have an excuse for screwing up things to the degree that they have, they should've researched and learned from the competition's failures and missteps. But then again we have to take into consideration that New World was 1 of 3 games Amazon Game Studios announced back in 2016, and the other 2 never saw the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    See that's just the problem, Amazon had 12 years of WoW, plus FF XIV, ESO, Guild Wars 2, etc to reference when they started developing New World. They really don't have an excuse for screwing up things to the degree that they have, they should've researched and learned from the competition's failures and missteps. But then again we have to take into consideration that New World was 1 of 3 games Amazon Game Studios announced back in 2016, and the other 2 never saw the light of day.
    Players dont even have the slightest idea on what they want in a game, so how can a developer know everything that will work. We need developers to try different things not copy just what works, thats how games evolve and get better, i want developers to take risks with new games and try things, but the current generation of gamers just complains constantly and has way too high expectations, the main problem is you just cant please the current gen of gamers no matter what, that means we dont get many companies trying to break the mould.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players dont even have the slightest idea on what they want in a game, so how can a developer know everything that will work. We need developers to try different things not copy just what works, thats how games evolve and get better, i want developers to take risks with new games and try things, but the current generation of gamers just complains constantly and has way too high expectations, the main problem is you just cant please the current gen of gamers no matter what, that means we dont get many companies trying to break the mould.
    New World was different even it was more of a survival game. They had a good survival pvp game foundation then they tried to turn it into a pve game before first ironing out what they had. AGS doesn't know what it wants.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

NW is mostly designed around pushing players to group together, most MMOs are not designed that way and are mostly played like a single player with optional grouping if desired, i wouldnt call the automatic group finder tools real multiplayer even if you are playing with other ppl the content is usually trivial in difficulty.
    I have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever. NW can be played perfectly fine alone most of the time, theres no real MAJOR reason to group up for anything. You can even run around and solo the chest if you wish so, NPC AI is bad enough for it.

Automatic group finder? Ahh yes, so your gripe is probably with lfg & LFR dungeon tool from wow when you say that. Guess what? Those automated features are for very easy content, so everyone no matter the skill, ambition or whatever can see the content. Everyone gets to see it. But guess what?! Theres really hard content to do too! You dont need to do the easy content! Just jump into mythic+ & mythic raids and slam your head into the wall on a weekly basis if you wish so!

Theres literally nothing in NW that is difficult, except from overcoming the bugs & the looooong boring geargrind at max level.

I think.. there is a difference between trying to things when it comes to content/systems... and ignoring all the pitfalls of actual design and operating the game. not having pts for the longest time, and now STILL not testing all of the changes before pushing them live, leaving so many opening for exploits - its staggering and then NOT handling those in timely manner, requiring bug/exploit reports to be public... none of those are issues of "experimenting with different kind of content" all of those are issues that prior MMO's have either dealt with already (like allowing executable code in chat ffs - how in a world did that make it live???), or if they haven't, its because they are such amateur hour that no one before screwed up THAT much.

I have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever. NW can be played perfectly fine alone most of the time, theres no real MAJOR reason to group up for anything. You can even run around and solo the chest if you wish so, NPC AI is bad enough for it.

Automatic group finder? Ahh yes, so your gripe is probably with lfg & LFR dungeon tool from wow when you say that. Guess what? Those automated features are for very easy content, so everyone no matter the skill, ambition or whatever can see the content. Everyone gets to see it. But guess what?! Theres really hard content to do too! You dont need to do the easy content! Just jump into mythic+ & mythic raids and slam your head into the wall on a weekly basis if you wish so!

Theres literally nothing in NW that is difficult, except from overcoming the bugs & the looooong boring geargrind at max level.
    Even if you dont group up on a chest run you still run around with a group, if you want to miss out on all the loot enemies drop you are wasting your own time, if you dont group up it takes you 10 times longer to do the same things for the same rewards, New World wants you to group up and pushes you towards playing with others, other MMOs dont do that. The average gamer doesnt even touch a games difficult content most of the time.

Difficulty of the content is irrelevant, i dont find WoWs most challenging content that much of a challenge, games that lean you to play with others turn out more enjoyable than just grouping up for what is the games difficult content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I think.. there is a difference between trying to things when it comes to content/systems... and ignoring all the pitfalls of actual design and operating the game. not having pts for the longest time, and now STILL not testing all of the changes before pushing them live, leaving so many opening for exploits - its staggering and then NOT handling those in timely manner, requiring bug/exploit reports to be public... none of those are issues of "experimenting with different kind of content" all of those are issues that prior MMO's have either dealt with already (like allowing executable code in chat ffs - how in a world did that make it live???), or if they haven't, its because they are such amateur hour that no one before screwed up THAT much.
    WoW has had all the same issues and they were around far longer that the issues in NW, a game is always going to have issues and will take several months plus to sort things out, and then other issues will come along, that is the nature of game development as nothing can be perfect, every single game that is ever released has plenty of issues that take many months to sort out.

I know what I want in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I know what I want in a game.
    No you just think you do, and thats the same with everyone, WoW has spent 20 years developing WoW and still cant do it the way everyone wants it to be, dont expect any other developer to do the same, new games need time to mature into what its supposed to be.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-12-13 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    New World was different even it was more of a survival game. They had a good survival pvp game foundation then they tried to turn it into a pve game before first ironing out what they had. AGS doesn't know what it wants.
    Yea in alpha the game was pretty much claim land fight other ppl while getting supplies. Now its leaned a lot towards pve with no real endgame.

I think when the next big survival hype game comes out they will lose a large community unless the can fix end game stuff

Even if you dont group up on a chest run you still run around with a group, if you want to miss out on all the loot enemies drop you are wasting your own time, if you dont group up it takes you 10 times longer to do the same things for the same rewards, New World wants you to group up and pushes you towards playing with others, other MMOs dont do that. The average gamer doesnt even touch a games difficult content most of the time.

Difficulty of the content is irrelevant, i dont find WoWs most challenging content that much of a challenge, games that lean you to play with others turn out more enjoyable than just grouping up for what is the games difficult content.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has had all the same issues and they were around far longer that the issues in NW, a game is always going to have issues and will take several months plus to sort things out, and then other issues will come along, that is the nature of game development as nothing can be perfect, every single game that is ever released has plenty of issues that take many months to sort out.
    But how does NW push you to play with others compared to other MMOs? I see no difference here. You cant complete a dungeon at relevant level alone in a MMORPG like wow, as in NW. You cant kill certain mobs out in the world alone in wow, as in NW. You cant benefit of all the proffesions without having to interact with others one way or another.

If difficulty of content is irrelevant to you, I find it hard to understand what in NW requires grouping. I've played the game and I rarely grouped up for anything at all, theres no need to. The game didnt tell me to group up with others either.

If you dont find any content in wow difficult, you are probably having a very easy time in NW. Whats challenging there? Theres no hard solo stuff, theres no hard grouping stuff really.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you just think you do.
    holy shit, j. allen brack flashbacks right there
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC