Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ave-been-peace

It is truly terrible and awful that the night elves will not get what they deserve, it seems. But I think the Horde (ceasefire or no ceasefire), still badly require natural resources from Ashenvale, the Fourth War must have driven them to breaking point also, and most of their forces are also struggling for survival. Even if the Horde Council wanted to repay the night elves, their interests must come first, or else their people would reject their authority entirely. Signing a piece of paper with a faction largely based a continent away does not change the fact that they badly need food and lumber resources to sustain themselves and their society, just like they did before and after the Cataclysm.
    That was suppose to be why they have Azshara to sustain them which was the initial point of the night elves giving them Azshara at the end of SoO. Then they also have places like Suramar, Highmountain and Zandalar if they are in need of even more. The fact that they need to continue their invasion of Ashenvale is the problem, they aren't attempting to repay the night elves, if they were they would have been thanking them for Azshara, instead they are continuing the war against the night elves that Sylvanas started. The writing here is just extremely badly done and it's just showing the horde has not changed even under the leadership of the new council.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    So the night elves didn't even win Darkshore and they they still lost a lot of Ashenvale where the horde is still fighting them after the "cease fire".
    They won the battle canonically but for some reason Sira survives which makes no sense to me.

Then whoever at Blizzard has a hardon for spitting on Night Elves basically went back and said "they won but everything there is dead kek". Making an already hollow victory even more hollow.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2021-12-12 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    And that's a fight they should lose very fast. They have no farmers, no craftsmen, no supply lines. There is barely any Alliance hold in Kalimdor, Theramore and Darnassus are gone. There's the Exodar but you can't really stage a continental war from an isle.
    If that is why the US has complete control of the Arab countries and there are so many similar examples in history.

And they do. Why do you think the Horde needs Ashenvale? They need the food and wood while the Imperialist Night Elves that conquered Kalimdor in the same way are saying their sacred trees are more important than starving and freezing orc kids.

There's a reason Orcs see the Elves as the bad guy.
    This is a lie because the Orcs only go for wood, not for food. And wood they can get from elsewhere or they can trade with the elves. Since Malfurion and Thrall are friends and stuff.

Apart from that lie because the Kaldorei gave Azhara to have wood and well the orcs destroyed Azhara and contaminated their own water source.

So no. That excuse is not valid. But it would be great if it works. Give me a story where Malfurion views Thrall as a brute shaman and not as a friend. Where the Kaldorei never made any peace treaty with the orcs, and apart from that, there is no other forest in Kalimndor and there that story you tell would be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They won the battle canonically but for some reason Sira survives which makes no sense to me.

Then whoever at Blizzard has a hardon for spitting on Night Elves basically went back and said "they won but everything there is dead kek". Making an already hollow victory even more hollow.

Maiev didn't want to kill Sira that's why she's still alive.
    What is not logical even to me is that Sira is the leader of the Horde and the Horde seems fine or normal. (Or maybe it's logical because you already know. The Horde is evil and everyone knew that Sira was under some kind of mind control)

_______
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Night elves didn't create create the forest, if they did it would be some nightmarish piece of shit, pretty much each time the night elves tried to be the great terraforming geniuses they failed spectacularly.

Though you are correct the ocs rather take than create things on their own.
    The orda either.
    But the Kaldorei did spend millennia caring for the forests.

And the truth at this height of the lord the elves created the forests. With the amount of times that the Horde destroyed them and the elves had to rebuild them.

________

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ave-been-peace

It is truly terrible and awful that the night elves will not get what they deserve, it seems. But I think the Horde (ceasefire or no ceasefire), still badly require natural resources from Ashenvale, the Fourth War must have driven them to breaking point also, and most of their forces are also struggling for survival. Even if the Horde Council wanted to repay the night elves, their interests must come first, or else their people would reject their authority entirely. Signing a piece of paper with a faction largely based a continent away does not change the fact that they badly need food and lumber resources to sustain themselves and their society, just like they did before and after the Cataclysm.
    Back. They do not take food from the forest. Only wood. So no, it is not that scenario nor do they tell us that the Horde is dying for lack of food or WOOD. As if they did with garrosh.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-12-12 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    If that is why the US has complete control of the Arab countries and there are so many similar examples in history.

This is a lie because the Orcs only go for wood, not for food. And wood they can get from elsewhere or they can trade with the elves. Since Malfurion and Thrall are friends and stuff.

Apart from that lie because the Kaldorei gave Azhara to have wood and well the orcs destroyed Azhara and contaminated their own water source.
    The elves broke the trade agreement in Cataclysm, actually.

They do not take food from the forest. Only wood
    This is bullshit. I recall plenty hunting quests in Ashenvale.

The USA has 10 times the military budget of the next country in the leaderboard. What a ridiculous comparison.

The Night elves are outgunned, outnumbered. They have literally no advantage against the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    And they do. Why do you think the Horde needs Ashenvale? They need the food and wood while the Imperialist Night Elves that conquered Kalimdor in the same way are saying their sacred trees are more important than starving and freezing orc kids.

There's a reason Orcs see the Elves as the bad guy.
    Yes take someone else hard work is more easy, they have druids, shamans, what stoping the orcs to make there own wood, food? They have a savanna wtf, they can eat, and freezing in durotar how, they frostshok themselfs to death?

Orcs wanna everything from someone else all the time because if u cant create u stole and destroy.
    That land is not the Night Elves'. The Night Elves were imperialists that genocided other races and kicked them out of their lands.

If the Night Elves own Ashenvale because of conquest then so does the Horde.

That land is not the Night Elves'. The Night Elves were imperialists that genocided other races and kicked them out of their lands.

If the Night Elves own Ashenvale because of conquest then so does the Horde.
    Wtf are u talking about? what conquest? what other races?

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently even the book got its own lore wrong:

https://twitter.com/rage_elf/status/1469517916194459650

For those who do not want to click the link:

@Warcraft

@WarcraftDevs

@Scarletleaf21

The Dark Portal didn't exist during the time of the Sundering. The Burning Legion invaded Azeroth with the aid of Azshara through the Well of Eternity during the War of the Ancients. Isn't Sean Copeland supposed to be the Blizz Loremaster?

The pic in question:

Lake Mennar

I heard the blue dragons went their separate ways, but seeing Lake Mennar is makin' me think otherwise. Might just be that this lake remains a special place to their kind. Rexxar thinks they gathered here because of something magical is drawing them to the lakeshore. I had many questions, but Rexxar had no answers to give. Those came from Malynea Skyreaver, a blood elf researcher. Her agents foud that a Sarcen Stone be what's drawing the dragons here. A thousand years ago, the ruins of the lake formed Mennar Academy, where mages trained. During the War of the Ancients, the mages use the arcane stone to redirect veins of magical energy, called ley lines. They were trying to draw energy away from the Dark Portal, which the Burning Legion was using to invade Azeroth. Malynea couldn't say for sure how well the stone worked, but if we're all here today, maybe those mages didn't something right.

EDIT: Also, somebody just pointed out within the same paragraph above, that it says "a thousand years ago" when the War of the Ancients was 10,000 years ago.

lol.

The elves broke the trade agreement in Cataclysm, actually.

This is bullshit. I recall plenty hunting quests in Ashenvale.
    The orcs actually attacked the Druids and Garrosh instead of trying to keep the treaty made sure it was broken.
    And again the Horde needs the treaty, not the Kaldorei.

And getting to the topic. I still don't see the Horde giving food to those who invade it. If the problem is that "the Kaldorei do not feed the baby orcs" Now the Horde should be giving food to the baby Kaldorei.

The USA has 10 times the military budget of the next country in the leaderboard. What a ridiculous comparison.

The Night elves are outgunned, outnumbered. They have literally no advantage against the Horde
    And even so he loses wars, even recently they kicked him out of a country.

you can't really stage a continental war from an isle.
    Tell that to the English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

The pic in question:

EDIT: Also, somebody just pointed out within the same paragraph above, that it says "a thousand years ago" when the War of the Ancients was 10,000 years ago.

lol.
    That strikes me more as a transcription error that escaped the editing process. Someone left out a zero in the draft and the editor(s) converted it into the long-form version and no one else caught it. Happens all the time in hand off process from drafting to writing to editing and publishing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    * Mount Hyjal and Nordrassil still belong to the Cenarius circle and are therefore Neutral

So the Kaldorei now officially don't have any territory of their own.
    Important to note these books take place before shadows rising where they establish that the night elfs do hold hyjal and the horde is not allowed there beyond Druids that the night elfs are letting hang around.

Hyjal is 100% still night elf land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

The pic in question:

lol.
    This seems more like a writing structure flop not a lore one.

A thousand years ago mages were still training there, but different mages during the war of the ancients tried to draw power away from A dark portal at the well of eternity( the one sargaras was trying to use) but not the actual dark portal in the blasted lands.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Important to note these books take place before shadows rising where they establish that the night elfs do hold hyjal and the horde is not allowed there beyond Druids that the night elfs are letting hang around.

Hyjal is 100% still night elf land.
    Thank you.

Well then that remains a in limbo for now.
    (Because with Blizzard at any time you change your mind. -.-)

And that's a fight they should lose very fast. They have no farmers, no craftsmen, no supply lines. There is barely any Alliance hold in Kalimdor, Theramore and Darnassus are gone. There's the Exodar but you can't really stage a continental war from an isle.
    Maybe it's because i'm a Night Elf fan, but i'm fairly sure Elves know how to live off the land... (I'm less sure about weapons, but food for one thing shouldn't be a problem)

So the night elves are the only ones not being friendly and offering handjob apologies to the Horde? Guess they are saving up that hatred for when they have the Horde attack each Alliance race separately over the course of the next 8-10 expansions so they can have expansion 15 where the Alliance is finally so pissed they attack the Horde first since they are incapable of writing a non faction conflict story.

It would be great if the Alliance could openly say that they betrayed the Kaldorei. In the same way that the Horde openly says that the Genomes polluted their rivers.
    Exactly, could cause some interesting conflict within the Alliance. Let's hope Tyrande didn't turn into an Anduin bootlicker like Shandris.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Wtf are u talking about? what conquest? what other races?
    Despite the size and glory of the mighty Empire of Zul, despite its vast temple cities and rich culture, it was utterly eclipsed by the rapid expansion and development of the glorious Kaldorei Empire. In an ensuing golden age, the night elves expanded across the entire continent, driving the other races, including the trolls, farther away.
    Lmao you thought the Night Elves bought those lands or what? They're imperialist conquerors just like the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

The orcs actually attacked the Druids and Garrosh instead of trying to keep the treaty made sure it was broken.
    And again the Horde needs the treaty, not the Kaldorei.

And getting to the topic. I still don't see the Horde giving food to those who invade it. If the problem is that "the Kaldorei do not feed the baby orcs" Now the Horde should be giving food to the baby Kaldorei.
    1. That was the Twilight Hammer, not the Horde

2. The Kaldorei needed the treaty too, because when they broke it the Orcs invaded and as usual the Kaldorei got beat up

3. The US does not lose wars. It may decide to pull out, but they could end any country in the world if they so pleased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Tell that to the English.
    You mean the country that hasn't been relevant in warfare for over a century?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Maybe it's because i'm a Night Elf fan, but i'm fairly sure Elves know how to live off the land... (I'm less sure about weapons, but food for one thing shouldn't be a problem)
    Soldiers can't fight and farm at the same time. Any war requires civilians who supply your army.

1. That was the Twilight Hammer, not the Horde
    I didn't say orcs.

2. The Kaldorei needed the treaty too, because when they broke it the Orcs invaded and as usual the Kaldorei got beat up
    But at the end of the day they are the only ones who strive. The orcs gave them azhara so they could have food and wood and the result was that they now have no water either.

3. The US does not lose wars. It may decide to pull out, but they could end any country in the world if they so pleased.
    Not really the US cannot because the world would react for the worse and they would lose a lot of Silver.
    It is more if they could really do it Many countries would no longer exist.

The same thing happens here, only here the Horde has the shield of Plotanium.

I didn't say orcs.

But at the end of the day they are the only ones who strive. The orcs gave them azhara so they could have food and wood and the result was that they now have no water either.

Not really the US cannot because the world would react for the worse and they would lose a lot of Silver.
    It is more if they could really do it Many countries would no longer exist.

The same thing happens here, only here the Horde has the shield of Plotanium.
    Not really. Even if the Alliance somehow won they'd be mostly dead, themselves.

But at the end of the day they are the only ones who strive
    Huh? The Night Elves have been in a losing effort since Vanilla. First they lost a chunk of Ashenvale, then they lost Azshara, then the Horde pushed them all the way to Darkshore, twice. Both in Cata and in BFA. Then they lost Darnassus.

Not really. Even if the Alliance somehow won they'd be mostly dead, themselves.
    If the Cenarion circle continues to accept Druids of the Horde. It's because the Horde have "plotanium".

Huh? The Night Elves have been in a losing effort since Vanilla. First they lost a chunk of Ashenvale, then they lost Azshara, then the Horde pushed them all the way to Darkshore, twice. Both in Cata and in BFA. Then they lost Darnassus.
    In the peace treaties. All peace treaties are basically about the Kaldorei gifting things to the Horde.

A trade treaty where the Kaldorei got something they didn't want a gift of territory in exchange for peace that resulted in BFA.

Instead the Horde treatises are ... "Thrall saying that he is very fond of it." And it is not a literal joke Thrall thought that with that he was going to make peace with Tyrande in a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That strikes me more as a transcription error that escaped the editing process. Someone left out a zero in the draft and the editor(s) converted it into the long-form version and no one else caught it. Happens all the time in hand off process from drafting to writing to editing and publishing.
    What about the Legion invading from the Dark Portal a thousand 10,000 years ago?

I don't get the outrage. Almost nobody likes goblins and them polluting the nature around them has been obvious and part of lore for a while now. The Venture Company were famous for how damaging to the environment they were.

The only things I don't like is Zekhan, a Shaman, not knowing about Erosion, Zekhan not being literate and Gazlowe's personality clearly being a fuckup. I think they got Gazlowe and Gallywix mixed up.