10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, yes I have played P5. I was curious if some games that are right now only pn Switch (some also on PC) could be available in the future for PS5 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?
    The chance isn't 0 since Bravely and Octopath are on PC and Octopath is even on xbox(though MS funded the port, not square). The chance is also not 0 for SMTV since I guess a datamine found some text referencing potential PC/PS4 versions.

While chance is not 0 I also wouldn't count on it happening any time soon since Square seems to be more worried about releasing AAA projects like VIIR and XVI on the PS4/PS5 and Atlus is not a company known for churning out ports in a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    what does that mean? never heard of such a phrase
    (not a native speaker)
    It's linear.

Wonder if we'll see VRR before the end of the year.

Scored one thanks to the PS direct sign up. I knew it was going to be big while OMG. Notification and party system isn't as fluid as PS4 IMO. Wondering if we will ever get themes. The adaptive triggers added a lot more than I thought it would and hope for a lot more integration moving forward even minimal.

While I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank along with a couple game play mechanics feeling addictive while the replay compared to the previous felt gutted. The ability to get all achievements first round along with other aspects being much more accessible ended up feeling unrewarding. The previous felt like a good spot. More stuff out of the way and more intentful while option grinds for completionists.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Scored one thanks to the PS direct sign up. I knew it was going to be big while OMG. Notification and party system isn't as fluid as PS4 IMO. Wondering if we will ever get themes. The adaptive triggers added a lot more than I thought it would and hope for a lot more integration moving forward even minimal.

While I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank along with a couple game play mechanics feeling addictive while the replay compared to the previous felt gutted. The ability to get all achievements first round along with other aspects being much more accessible ended up feeling unrewarding. The previous felt like a good spot. More stuff out of the way and more intentful while option grinds for completionists.
    Make sure to play the free game it comes with all the way through, Astrobot, it's really good. In my experience, most people play it for like 5 minutes and never look at it again, but it'll be some of the best PS5 content, imo, just wish it was longer. Really wish Sackboy: A Big Adventure was more like the free game that came with the console, lol, imo, it's just much better. When taken in its entirety, its genre, heavy reliance on nostalgia, and rich gameplay that makes full use of PS5 features felt more like a Nintendo first party game to me, than any other game from any other dev I can think of. It's solid, just short. Made me feel good and positive about playing, like when I first got my Dreamcast, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-01 at 06:52 PM.

+1 for astrobot

10+ Year Old Account
    Astrobot has no reason being as fun as it is. Younger me is jealous. I remember getting a new console back in the day and being stuck with 1 or 2 games for half the year. I would had so much fun just messing around with Astrobot.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Astrobot has no reason being as fun as it is. Younger me is jealous. I remember getting a new console back in the day and being stuck with 1 or 2 games for half the year. I would had so much fun just messing around with Astrobot.
    qft
    my 12-year old me would be in awe if this game and technology would be in his timeline

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to snag a PS5, currently in the mail, hoping it'll come on Monday or perhaps Tuesday at the latest. Super excited! I paid approx. $680 which seems to be the base price here or slightly above it, scalpers continue to charge ~$1150.

I already bought a few games, most notably Deathloop and some of the upgraded PS4 titles (Ghosts of Tsushima, Yakuza 7), and I'm planning to play Astro's Playroom of course. Any other titles I should think about? I'm gonna grab Miles Morales on sale, and the Demon's Souls remake doesn't really excite me right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    Managed to snag a PS5, currently in the mail, hoping it'll come on Monday or perhaps Tuesday at the latest. Super excited! I paid approx. $680 which seems to be the base price here or slightly above it, scalpers continue to charge ~$1150.

I already bought a few games, most notably Deathloop and some of the upgraded PS4 titles (Ghosts of Tsushima, Yakuza 7), and I'm planning to play Astro's Playroom of course. Any other titles I should think about? I'm gonna grab Miles Morales on sale, and the Demon's Souls remake doesn't really excite me right now.
    RE Village and Tales of Arise are both pretty very solid. Ratchet was great but most likely a single play through for me. Hades is ugly relatively, but a must play if one hasn't played it. I'm hearing good things about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and also if one hasn't played Fallen Order, I think it got a PS5 upgrade, and is a very underrated game imo. Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 upgrades on PS5 are both insanely good graphically, but those games are acquired tastes, I find.

Demon's Souls remake is incredible, just from a graphics perspective, it is hard to believe how pretty that game is. Nioh 2 from the Nioh collection on PS5 would also imo be a strong contender for best souls-like ever not made by From software. Nioh 2 is an unbelievably complete game from a gameplay perspective, imo. In the sense that it incorporates one of my fav character creators, along with what I consider the perfect default set of(surprisingly robust) jrpg menu mechanics, in combination with an incredibly rewarding loot system, in combination with a twitch fighting system almost as complex and rewarding as an open world Tekken game.

It's really good, and even for really good/bad players, it is still a long/rewarding jrpg that can really open up to most players later on due to the power creep, so this game is expertly crafted. It is also absolutely merciless in its first couple of hours, and one carries that scar the entire game. It starts off emotional, but has nothing to do with story, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-10 at 08:15 PM.

I played and liked
    Ratchet&Clank
    Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade
    assassin's creed valhalla (gets a new patch next week with better loading times and some other stuff)
    everything else are ps4 games with PSN membership(like god of war and FF15) or are on sale like
    darksiders 3 blades&whip edition
    naruto storm bundle (1-4 with dlc for 3 and 4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratchet and Clank is not as big or challenging as the previous games but i think it is a game every PS5 owner should get. If you like R&C but want something hardee/darker (and don't mind features of the roguelite subgenre) theres Returnal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As someone who usually can't get into roguelites I would absolutely recommend Returnal especially now that you can save and quit.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    RE Village and Tales of Arise are both pretty very solid. Ratchet was great but most likely a single play through for me. Hades is ugly relatively, but a must play if one hasn't played it. I'm hearing good things about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and also if one hasn't played Fallen Order, I think it got a PS5 upgrade, and is a very underrated game imo. Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 upgrades on PS5 are both insanely good graphically, but those games are acquired tastes, I find.

Demon's Souls remake is incredible, just from a graphics perspective, it is hard to believe how pretty that game is. Nioh 2 from the Nioh collection on PS5 would also imo be a strong contender for best souls-like ever not made by From software. Nioh 2 is an unbelievably complete game from a gameplay perspective, imo. In the sense that it incorporates one of my fav character creators, along with what I consider the perfect default set of(surprisingly robust) jrpg menu mechanics, in combination with an incredibly rewarding loot system, in combination with a twitch fighting system almost as complex and rewarding as an open world Tekken game.

It's really good, and even for really good/bad players, it is still a long/rewarding jrpg that can really open up to most players later on due to the power creep, so this game is expertly crafted. It is also absolutely merciless in its first couple of hours, and one carries that scar the entire game. It starts off emotional, but has nothing to do with story, lol.
    Thanks but I actually already played RE Village and Nioh 2 on PC earlier this year. And I completed Jedi Fallen Order when it came out, but maybe it warrants a replay, I do like Star Wars. Guardians of the Galaxy I own on the PS4 but haven't started yet so that's good to keep in mind also.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I played and liked
    Ratchet&Clank
    Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade
    assassin's creed valhalla (gets a new patch next week with better loading times and some other stuff)
    everything else are ps4 games with PSN membership(like god of war and FF15) or are on sale like
    darksiders 3 blades&whip edition
    naruto storm bundle (1-4 with dlc for 3 and 4)
    Thank you for the suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Thanks but I actually already played RE Village and Nioh 2 on PC earlier this year. And I completed Jedi Fallen Order when it came out, but maybe it warrants a replay, I do like Star Wars. Guardians of the Galaxy I own on the PS4 but haven't started yet so that's good to keep in mind also.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    If you own Guardians of the Galaxy PS4, the PS5 upgrade is free.

https://screenrant.com/guardians-gal...-physical/amp/

Just make sure to download the correct version. Believe it or not, it is still not impossible to be playing wrong version. That was an issue early in the PS5s existence, it was not user-friendly to play the correct version, or even tell which version you were playing. It is much better now, but still not completely resolved, one just has to do their due diligence to make sure they are playing PS5 version, particularly when the upgrade is claimable from a disc and not an initially digital purchase(which lets you choose which version to download at time of purchase).

It’s pretty easy, but I think what happens is a lot of people assume that a feature like smart delivery is just standard across all next gen consoles. So they just plug and play, and end up playing PS4 version. Incorrect assumption on their part, but as IT, one I would expect many people to make. I don’t know if it is still like this, but I had to download the PS4 version of borderlands three, to upload my save in the game, the online ps+ save file version does not transfer the data when downloaded on ps5, and I do not believe the PS4 and ps5 version share characters at all. One had to download/delete the PS4 version and re-download the PS five version, to import my game through their bespoke, in game, next GEN upgrade system, I was shocked, had to fully update both copies to start transfer process using Reddit guide. I don’t know if it is still like that, but that was terrible. Most games are easy to transfer.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-12 at 03:59 PM.

To be fair it's alot clearer now which version you're playing. If you play the wrong version these days it's entirely your fault for not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    To be fair it's alot clearer now which version you're playing. If you play the wrong version these days it's entirely your fault for not paying attention.
    I think people use it as an excuse to hype up smart delivery but smart delivery is ass for physical games. At least PS5 physical discs are complete games you can install and play, the Xbox discs are fucking coasters that just tell your Xbox which version to download and are completely useless without an internet connection.

The PS4 or PS5 logo next to the games is quite obvious now since the firmware update a few months ago though... yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think people use it as an excuse to hype up smart delivery but smart delivery is ass for physical games. At least PS5 physical discs are complete games you can install and play, the Xbox discs are fucking coasters that just tell your Xbox which version to download and are completely useless without an internet connection.

The PS4 or PS5 logo next to the games is quite obvious now since the firmware update a few months ago though... yep.
    I'm not gonna downplay smart delivery. It's a hell of alot better than the nonsense you often have to deal with on Playstation.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm not gonna downplay smart delivery. It's a hell of alot better than the nonsense you often have to deal with on Playstation.
    Its worse for physical and same shit for digital. You would have to be an idiot to mistakenly download the PS4 version if you buy digitally, it literally defaults you to the PS5 version, you would have to manually navigate yourself to the PS4 version and download it lmfao.

The people who still buy physical media right now want a working game on the disc for preservation reasons, not a worthless DRM disc that tells your system what to download. Smart delivery has all but killed this for physical games on Series X. It's funny people don't realize MS actually pulled their original Xbox One DRM strategy on the industry, just had Phil Spencer sell some snake oil and call it smart delivery and willed it into existence. Funny how a change of words go's for media reception, well from the people that don't pay attention past buzzwords.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-12-13 at 04:43 AM.