Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Finally, I can finally be the Gender Neutral Orc I've always wanted to be :)

Gender doesn't exist and Blizzard knows that! Thank you so much. My Pronoun is now XIM! XIM - ManOluck slayer of the alliance.

Given your post history I guess you actually hate whatever it is you are posting about.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Given your post history I guess you actually hate whatever it is you are posting about.
    you not only gave this obvious bait thread a reply but you also took it serious enough to look at their post history?

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Haven't been subbed in forever, they're removing gender? How? What?
    Nah they're not removing it, haven't read anything about that

There's Datamined new information that you can select to be Male , Female, BOTH or Neither!

because the only people that like that are non-binaries. And it's beyond insulting to trans people.
    I thought they're the same people no?

My pronoun is Zhe/Zir for anyone that want to address me btw.

Does this really bother you so much? It is a radiobutton. One click. You don't even SEE what others chose.

5+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been subbed in forever, they're removing gender? How? What?
    Quest givers from now on not gonna refer to you like "Him" or "Her", but in more neutral way "Thit" or "It"; since people somewhat sad that NPC trying to guess gender of your character.... which is sad,since you chose "it" when creating a character.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Quest givers from now on not gonna refer to you like "Him" or "Her", but in more neutral way "Thit" or "It"; since people somewhat sad that NPC trying to guess gender of your character.... which is sad,since you chose "it" when creating a character.
    don't most refer to you as Adventurer, Champion, Maw Walker or some other title?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I dind't want to be the one ruining your dreams. But, there are genders and its two only.
    Be careful, you'l get an mob of angry people at you with that attitude.

You are right, though. The only difference between a man/woman and someone who is "non-binary" or such is that one of them thinks they're not a man/woman. They choose to not be (though they still are, biologically). Nobody can change their gender, even people who are trans are still biologically locked to the gender they were born with. Taking medicine, undergoing surgery and whatnot will never be able to change that.

That being said, we've seen loud minorities get their way with Blizzard before so I wouldn't be surprised if the LGBTQ (or whatever it is) got their way and made Blizzard care about genders.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    There's Datamined new information that you can select to be Male , Female, BOTH or Neither!
    Why can't they just remove gender completely and just have you pick a sex and then you can RP as whatever you want.

Oh this thread is going to get the hammer and fucking soon

Also not sure why people bitch so hard I'm sure 75% of female characters are men anyway so what's the big deal with the quest text calling you a he

My issue with it is because it's stupid, and does nothing because they're always talking to you directly and not in third person so it'll never come up. All it is is a literal panda and a pointless one at that it doesn't do anything. Now what I have been saying, is if it were to allow you to then have access to one set of armor type or the other then that would actually be kind of cool and interesting. But we both know that's not going to happen and so this is just going to be plainly stupid and pointless
    Yeah but this is something where the technology is already there (when you choose your gender anyway) and all they did was move it to a toggleable switch. Only reason why this is included in a patch and not a hotfix is because they have to add the switch. Hardest part about it would be adding the "none" option which at most is Ctrl+F, Ctrl+R He/She into They and making some sorta gender neutral version for certain titles.

Seems that no-one noticed that some Tortollans are ahead of the curve and say "Greetings sir...and/or ma'am?"

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with it is because it's stupid, and does nothing because they're always talking to you directly and not in third person so it'll never come up. All it is is a literal panda and a pointless one at that it doesn't do anything. Now what I have been saying, is if it were to allow you to then have access to one set of armor type or the other then that would actually be kind of cool and interesting. But we both know that's not going to happen and so this is just going to be plainly stupid and pointless
    I agree with you that it'll probably never even come up due to the reasons you stated. But if they do go through with this, what does it matter? It's not some major overhaul that takes a lot of resources to design or implement, so it doesn't take away from anything. Plus, most people will not utilize it yet even notice it. So what does it matter? Why are people so strongly opposed to something minor that doesn't affect them in any way?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Tidying up the boobies on some painting was just the beginning.
    You are still of the orc race..... and different races shouldn't exist either, so be prepared to have a completely neutral character in the future, no specific gender or race. Might take a while, since they'll have to remake the entire game for it, but it will happen.

That still hurts my soul, some morons spent time on this instead working to fix the problems of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Because when there's hard flaws with the game and instead they're just working on something like this that literally doesn't matter, it's pretty stupid. Heck there's already mods that you can get for role play that literally let you type in whatever gender you want, the same effect only without requiring the devs to lift a finger
    But that's kinda the thing...
    This is something that they pry had in a meeting "oh hey we can do this" and left it to Billy the intern to make a quick fix on. The hard stuff is "LIKELY" being worked on but this is something an intern can do in an afternoon

likely in quotations depending on what your "Hard stuff" definition is. Either way we aren't losing a raid tier on this

10+ Year Old Account
    That still hurts my soul, some morons spent time on this instead working to fix the problems of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Because when there's hard flaws with the game and instead they're just working on something like this that literally doesn't matter, it's pretty stupid. Heck there's already mods that you can get for role play that literally let you type in whatever gender you want, the same effect only without requiring the devs to lift a finger
    Like I said, it's a minor detail that most players won't even notice. It'll hardly cost us a raid tier.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

My pronounce are Lord / Master

It just seems like a literal waste of resources, and I've never liked when they just pander to pander, there needs to be a cool feature with it if they're going to do something like that
    Resource being some poor intern getting paid like $10 an hour to add a line of code and put a small little drop down menu? I mean oh no it cost them like a subscription and a half.