Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Great Push Season 2 is Here!

The Great Push Season 2 is Here!
    The Great Push Season 2 has started!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Great Push returns this weekend for another glorious weekend. Here’s everything you need to know before the action kicks off Friday, December 10 at 10:00 am PST on YouTube and Twitch!

More than 7,500 teams featuring over 37,000 players from around the world competed in last weekend’s Proving Grounds, but only six teams are advancing to The Great Push Season 2 when it goes live beginning this Friday. Over three days, teams will have to push not only Shadowlands Keystones, but pay homage to the expansion that started it all in the MDI, Legion! Avoiding angry seagulls to push Keystones higher than any other while avoiding daily eliminations for their shot at the $20,000 (USD) prize pool!

Format

Throughout the weekend, teams will have to complete six dungeons pushing to achieve the highest possible Keystones to claim total victory. While teams can complete the dungeons in whatever order they choose, only four dungeons will be available at the start of Day 1, with one more revealed at the start of Day 2 and the final dungeon on Day 3. They will have five hours each day to test their skills, with their final run needing to start before the time ends. At the end of Day 1 and Day 2, the team’s highest Keystones from every dungeon will be combined to determine the standings, and the team with the lowest score will be eliminated. To show off their skills and prove the best dungeon-runners in the world, teams will have to possess both speed and skill to win it all!

Details

The Teams

Stay Connected

Tune in this weekend to YouTube.com/Warcraft and Twitch.tv/Warcraft and follow the discussion on the WoW Esports Twitter for all of the dungeon memes you can handle. Good luck and have fun!

I've already had great push of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I've already had great push of the day.
    yep same here. at around 9:14 am i proceeded to the bathroom at work. upon sitting down i immediantly blew my ass gasket and shit all around the inside bowel of the toilet. whew. thought it was gonna get the best of me and cause me to shit my pants. CLOSE ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    yep same here. at around 9:14 am i proceeded to the bathroom at work. upon sitting down i immediantly blew my ass gasket and shit all around the inside bowel of the toilet. whew. thought it was gonna get the best of me and cause me to shit my pants. CLOSE ONE!
    These two posts brought me more joy than some retarded m+ contest could ever bring me.

Pushing people through dungeons while rushing, rushing, rushing is probably why a lot of people left. Remember when wow was relaxing and accessible to the masses? Now it's a "sport" that no one I know wants to play.

Exciting last day, but the announcement was way late, we are not exactly swimming in wow news so putting it on the front page Friday might've been the move.

Prize pool is disgustingly low

my great push was kinda runny, wonder how how method looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Pushing people through dungeons while rushing, rushing, rushing is probably why a lot of people left. Remember when wow was relaxing and accessible to the masses? Now it's a "sport" that no one I know wants to play.
    Indeed. It killed of dungeons in wow.

Relaxing and accessible to masses? We have normal, hc, m0 and SCALING difficulty dungeons without attunement requirements. How much more accessible was it in the past? Oh wait, it wasn't. Stop making shit up. No-one wants to play - over 30k people registered on a specific website, aka went out of their way to get access to tournament realm. How many play solo w/o teams or people who just did not bother?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Relaxing and accessible to masses? We have normal, hc, m0 and SCALING difficulty dungeons without attunement requirements. How much more accessible was it in the past? Oh wait, it wasn't. Stop making shit up. No-one wants to play - over 30k people registered on a specific website, aka went out of their way to get access to tournament realm. How many play solo w/o teams or people who just did not bother?
    Sure, if the metric of success is how many people that registered for this then we might aswell use the twitch viewer numbers too. I checked yesterday and it was floating around 5-6k. So 30k people registered for this, 5k watched. What does that tell us? People might sign up just for the lulz, but no one really cares a whole lot about it when it comes to watching it.

Blizzard has tried for a couple of years now to push dungeon runs as a esport. It has failed. We know it, they should know it. What this focus did was making the dungeon experience buildt around this, and as such the overall playerbase has suffered.

You might like it, but in a MMORPG its the wrong move.

Sure, if the metric of success is how many people that registered for this then we might aswell use the twitch viewer numbers too. I checked yesterday and it was floating around 5-6k.
    Lets not forget that it also is broadcast on youtube, and on both platforms there are 4 language streams. Overall the amount of viewers of the official streams were around ~18k, and additionally most teams also had own streams (where you can actually see what's happening).

Still not a very impressive number, but it seems big enough for Blizzard to continue their efforts here.

Personally I am not a big fan of this or the MDI, simply because it's unwatchable. You don't really see what they are doing, particularly in the official 4 split screens, and at "best" you see them wiping. If everything goes according to plan it's just a giant zerg fest.

Shill much? The game USED to be accessible. I knew a 90 year old woman who played. The game has changed, and not for the better. If you don't agree, I don't care. I didn't come here to argue with a ActiBlizz cheerleader. You can throw any number you want at me, the game is shit and so are the fanbois who are hanging on for dear life. Keep your shit game. It's like watching the Titanic go down. You must be in the orchestra...

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    Sound about as entertaining as what’s being promoted here

Shill much? The game USED to be accessible. I knew a 90 year old woman who played. The game has changed, and not for the better. If you don't agree, I don't care. I didn't come here to argue with a ActiBlizz cheerleader. You can throw any number you want at me, the game is shit and so are the fanbois who are hanging on for dear life. Keep your shit game. It's like watching the Titanic go down. You must be in the orchestra...
    In regards to accessibility... what exactly did they take away? You can do all of the stuff you did before... and more if you want to... in every content in wow. They just added on top that is it...

Why are they still calling it "The Great Push"...

Sure, if the metric of success is how many people that registered for this then we might aswell use the twitch viewer numbers too. I checked yesterday and it was floating around 5-6k. So 30k people registered for this, 5k watched. What does that tell us? People might sign up just for the lulz, but no one really cares a whole lot about it when it comes to watching it.

Blizzard has tried for a couple of years now to push dungeon runs as a esport. It has failed. We know it, they should know it. What this focus did was making the dungeon experience buildt around this, and as such the overall playerbase has suffered.

You might like it, but in a MMORPG its the wrong move.
    Stop making shit up. WoW Twitch had over 10k viewers, WoW YT had 6-7k, I only follow Gingi and Naowh but they had over 5k combined and other people streamed too. Also yes, registered teams are direct measurement. And initial comment was about accessibility which you ignored because you know OP was bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me, was your 90 y/o lady was able to do BRD clear easier than she can just click "sign-up" for normal dungeon que? You are just wrong and you are shouting "I don't care". Game is in a bad place indeed, but it's really not for "inaccessible" dungeons - total made up bullshit which can go in the pile of crap with "bring back unpruned classes and talents" - sure, one or two button spell "rotation" is fun in classic.

Stop making shit up. WoW Twitch had over 10k viewers, WoW YT had 6-7k, I only follow Gingi and Naowh but they had over 5k combined and other people streamed too. Also yes, registered teams are direct measurement. And initial comment was about accessibility which you ignored because you know OP was bs.
    Then I suggest wow just make tryhard dungeons that drops literally nothing of value but a achiv or something for those that want that sort of challenge. Then revert dungeons back to how they used to be for the majority of wows existence. You know, when most people actually bothered with it.

Then I suggest wow just make tryhard dungeons that drops literally nothing of value but a achiv or something for those that want that sort of challenge. Then revert dungeons back to how they used to be for the majority of wows existence. You know, when most people actually bothered with it.
    Higher than +15 (which is moderately challenging, not even remotely "tryhard") is actually just for shits & giggles, since it doesn't give you anything more than said +15. So it's already being done only for the challenge and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Higher than +15 (which is moderately challenging, not even remotely "tryhard") is actually just for shits & giggles, since it doesn't give you anything more than said +15. So it's already being done only for the challenge and nothing else.
    fair enough, but I doubt most wow players actually does a +15. We could debate back and forth about this all day. Say everyone should "git gud" or "dedicate more time to the game" and so on and so on. Fact of the matter is that dungeons used to be a rather active feature at max level, while not it isnt. It doesnt matter that you nave normal or HC mode cause shite gear drops from them, they are of no usage. Thats like saying you could do literally any dungeon in the game, they hold that little value.

Im just saying that this whole m+ was cool when it first was put in the game, but now its stagnated alot. It got old quickly.