Poll: Legion M+ ... How are You Liking It?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't bothered and don't have much interest. The affix for it seems good though.

Playing other games at the moment, and also, I did thousands of those dungeons during Legion so wanting to relearn them again for a limited event just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

It's unfortunate because it's a lot of work put into an event that's only going to appear a few times a year. Luckily people get a month out of the first incarnation.

Biggest issue for me is just that the patch has been out forever so everything is stale even with the old dungeons. I don't have any gear to chase.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I have no intention of doing Legion M+. Been there, done that. I prefer playing other games instead of doing rehashed content and having to relearn what I already did. And The Great Push reminded me how much I disliked the Legion M+ pacing with easy trash mobs and very unforgiving bosses.

And I'd rather see Blizzard focus on their current game and deliver new content in an expansion clearly very light content wise (the main SL culprit) instead of reusing old content.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-12-13 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Something I like(d) about Legion compared to BFA/SL dungeons, is the fact you don't really need to come up with some fancy route.
    LEGION dungeons had plenty of skips in the PUG routes, I dont know what you mean with naturally. The reason SL dungeons require additional pulls is that you are not forced for SKIP/STEALTH compositions just to have CHOICES for pulls.

EoA was pretty stupid on tyrannical, your class either had propper CDs for one-shots or you had to make workarounds with tanking trinkets and what not.

LEGION's M+ was not even on the PvE balancing radar for blizzard and some classes/specs had a very hard time above a certain dungeon difficulty, while others especially with the right legendary was pretty chill.

Broken Assassination rogues with the broken heal legendary in top of cheat death and immunities were a joke, because you would have taken them just for shroud anyways.

Tanking was for sure more enjoyable, because the big pulls were such a shortcut, but as a DPS if you were not willing to be a reroll monkey for the FOTM class, was not that great.

The sheer amount of DH skips dont even matter, the balance was long gone even without the hero class that broke M+ mechanics - look at those silly SOLO DH TANK clears for higher M+ keys.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I chose "I do not like," because I haven't done any and have no real desire to try them. I don't have a group of players that I usually group with and I have very little interest learning a new (old) dungeon's mechanics with a bunch of strangers.
    Isn't it obvious that, given the described situation, you are not supposed to take part in this poll.. :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    LEGION dungeons had plenty of skips in the PUG routes, I dont know what you mean with naturally. The reason SL dungeons require additional pulls is that you are not forced for SKIP/STEALTH compositions just to have CHOICES for pulls.
    Point to where I said the opposite of this. Being a tad aggressive over something I never said here, fam. As for the rest of your post...

EoA was pretty stupid on tyrannical, your class either had propper CDs for one-shots or you had to make workarounds with tanking trinkets and what not.
    None of the unavoidable damage in EoA one shots. Can't say I know what you're referring to here, can definitely say I never had an issue with it back in Legion.

LEGION's M+ was not even on the PvE balancing radar for blizzard and some classes/specs had a very hard time above a certain dungeon difficulty, while others especially with the right legendary was pretty chill.
    Is that why they made a lot of balance passes on M+ dungeons, because they didn't care? Also what are we defining as "certain dungeon difficulty" here? Because BFA and Shadowlands was/is the exact same once you get to the higher end of things, hence meta comps.

Broken Assassination rogues with the broken heal legendary in top of cheat death and immunities were a joke, because you would have taken them just for shroud anyways.
    Ok. Rogues are meta in dungeon groups... More news at 11? Welcome to WoW since WoW has existed, I guess.

Tanking was for sure more enjoyable, because the big pulls were such a shortcut, but as a DPS if you were not willing to be a reroll monkey for the FOTM class, was not that great.
    Agree to disagree, I guess. 90% of players aren't gonna care, I was content doing 17-19s as was literally everyone else in the ~40man guild I played with back in Legion.

The sheer amount of DH skips dont even matter, the balance was long gone even without the hero class that broke M+ mechanics - look at those silly SOLO DH TANK clears for higher M+ keys.
    Eh. Agree, but also disagree. None of those videos were even close to being in time, so I don't see why it matters. Blood DKs could do some of them as well... If they were in time, then I could see it being a problem.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Isn't it obvious that, given the described situation, you are not supposed to take part in this poll.. :facepalm:
    I didn't like the dungeons when they were relevant in Legion, why would I like a bunch of under/overtuned versions of the same dungeons with a bunch of people who probably never even played them?

My usual casual group still struggles to do 15s in Shadowlands, depending on affixes- for reference.
    We only attempted Neltharion's Lair, and were easily destroyed. Non-elites at the beginning were bursting. Infernal mechanic kept spawning additional mobs even when the lieutenant was defeated, and the first boss one-shot the group multiple times because it was doing insane damage if a skitterer was alive when he stomped. Was not an enjoyable experience, which is disappointing, as we were looking forward to it.

I just love it.

I've done hundreds upon hundreds of Legion M+ runs back in the day and have fond memories of the expansion. How does it scale to the current expansion? I haven't played for more than 6 months, but I'd sub for Legion M+ alone.

How can I like it - bursting and explosive - both are annoying and scary
    I'm more of a bolstering kind of guy, I want my big fat and juiced up seagull.

And sometimes a +15 boss felt like a +20 Shadowlands boss
    Really weird tuning.
    For example Darkheart Thicket, the 2 bears before the first boss were way overtuned as well. I could outrange it no problem... but we certainly didn't expect them to kill a 250ilvl DH on the first "shout" in a tyranical weak.
    Same with the spider poison debuff. It was just a +15, why do they deal so much damage.

I guess I'm glad that it was boss-week.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-13 at 08:41 PM.

Dont think there is any rewards tied to them no?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dont think there is any rewards tied to them no?
    There are a few interesting trinkets from Legion M+ but nothing game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There are a few interesting trinkets from Legion M+ but nothing game breaking.
    Thanks so ill pass hehe.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    God I hope they keep it.. I love doing old m+ dgs.
    They should honestly (and by the looks of it) will continue to expand on this.
    Just think about it...How many dungeons wow really has that is just never used again?
    I would be totally ok if they tuned and balanced all old dungeons, some quality of life fixes and just ship it as is, no need to upgrade graphics or whatever.

What I'm not really cool with... Is splitting the playerbase like that, not sure what an acceptable solution would be to avoid people just spreading out the player base over several expansions. Maybe just have it seansonal like this or maybe introduce them when a patch starts to get stale? So people have things to do.
    Would really enjoy that tbh.
    Just to make it clear, I Don't want some timewalking dungeons, i want retuned and balanced for end content levels and m+

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    For those who engage with and enjoy M+ dungeons... how are you liking Legion M+ dungeons?

Decent breath of fresh air for me. It's funny though: a +15 Legion M+ feels like a +20 SL M+ dungeon. Could just be the groups I'm in, or lack of awareness of dungeon mechanics... or could they be tuned a little higher?

Even so, I'm loving it. Vault of the Wardens and Black Rook Hold were one of my 2 favorite dungeons back in Legion so it feels nice going through them again with actual difficulty.
    not or . they are easy like hell.

15s are tuned around +10 on retail.

problem pugs have nobody remembers mechanics from legion. if you do it in guild group which rememebr pulls form legion and mechanics there you go through them like knife through butter.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-12-14 at 12:57 AM.

I'm having my fingers crossed for this... but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Much to my chagrin, looks like you got your wish.

10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha I was literally just about to post this update.

I suppose it had to be this way. In order to receive my vast amount of happiness from this announcement, you would have to feel an equal if not greater amount of displeasure. The cost of my happiness.

Hahaha I was literally just about to post this update.

I suppose it had to be this way. In order to receive my vast amount of happiness from this announcement, you would have to feel an equal if not greater amount of displeasure. The cost of my happiness.
    lol -- the only thing I dislike is that it takes away from people doing the keys I normally do. Not a huge deal, I probably did way too many keys anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

I just love it.

There was a severe lack of decision making here, beginning from hour 1 to hour 4.